His Secret Mermaid ✓

By atlas-carter

[COMPLETED] ***READ THE NON-KPOP VERSION OF THIS STORY @atlas_carter*** "H-Hey! Watch it! I don't wan... More

His Secret Mermaid
Prologue
Chapter 1: Hermit Crab
Chapter 2: Gold Coin
Chapter 3: Late Night At The Beach
Chapter 4: Puffer-Fish
Chapter 5: The Scale
Chapter 6: Hyung, Can You Keep A Secret?
Chapter 7: My Name Is Jungkook
Chapter 8: New Shell
Chapter 9: Exchanging Gifts
Chapter 10: Potato Chips
Chapter 11: Promise Me
Chapter 12: A Story Of The Hyungs
Chapter 13: Night Exploration
Chapter 14: Her Past
Chapter 15: Girlfriend Suspicion
Chapter 16: Live With Jk & Jhope
Chapter 17: Kiss Of Hidden Feelings
Chapter 18: The Sirens' Return
Chapter 19: Moon Pool
Chapter 20: Siren's Seduction
Chapter 21: Oceana
Chapter 22: The Solution
Chapter 23: Secret Of A Mermaid
Chapter 24: Jealousy In Run BTS [P1]
Chapter 25: Underwater Fun In Run BTS [P2]
Chapter 26: She Is Different
Chapter 27: Hyung Kissed Y/N [P1]
Chapter 28: Siren Moon Pool [P2]
Chapter 29: Beware The Sirens
Chapter 30: Farewell Sirens
Chapter 31: Hint Of Flirtation
Chapter 32: The Picture
Chapter 33: Striking a Deal
Chapter 34: Dr. Kai [P1]
Chapter 35: Mission Retrieve The Vile [P2]
Chapter 36: Explanations
Chapter 37: A Warning From Dr. Kai
Chapter 38: The Kidnap [P1]
Chapter 39: The Rescue [P2]
Chapter 40: Oceana's Secret
Chapter 41: Sirens In The News
Chapter 42: Sirens' Disappearance
Chapter 43: Who Is Dr Kai?
Chapter 45: You Are Being Sued
Chapter 46: A Hint Of Purple
Chapter 47: Mutual Feelings
Chapter 48: Y/N & Oceana Are Coming Back [P1]
Chapter 49: Vengeful Scientist [P2]
Chapter 50: Let Me Save You One Last Time [P3]
Epilogue
End Of Story Author's Note

Chapter 44: Blame

265 20 2
By atlas-carter

"Ok boys! Take a short break!" The managers announced earning cheers of relief from the members. The members rushed over to the resting area and took sips of water while wiping sweat from their faces. They were at the area where they were shooting their new music video and were currently in the process of shooting their new music video. For a few days, they had been doing lots of shooting. They were all working hard to make sure that the new music video was going to be spectacular just like how all of their other music videos had been. They rented out the area so that they could have privacy.

"Sigh... we're not even halfway done with the shooting yet...," Taehyung whined with a heavy sigh as he faked a sob.

"Taehyung, it always takes a long time to shoot a music video," Namjoon stated with a knowing look.

"Ah... you'd think we'd be used to it by now..." Yoongi plopped himself down on the bench, lying down fully and resting his arm on his forehead. His arm only just covered his eyes to block out the sunlight. It was tempting for him to want to close his eyes and drift off to sleep. "Imagine us doing all of this in our 80s. If we find it hard now, imagine us then.."

"Haha, Yoongi-ssi, I doubt we'd still be going even in our 80s." Hoseok let out a burst of laughter at what Yoongi had said. Yoongi shrugged in response to that.

"Yeah, we'll have settled down with a nice family, pop out a few kids, age gradually, then our kids will pop out a few kids, and then we'll eventually die and our kids and their kids will attend our funerals..," Seokjin joked a bit with a small laugh. The other members glanced at one another before looking at him with awkward looks.

"Wow that got dark real fast...," Jimin commented as he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. The other members nodded in agreement. Even Yoongi, who had previously been lying down, sat back up and stared at Seokjin with an uneasy expression.

"Jin hyung... don't say that. That's really sad..." Jungkook pouted a bit, looking solemn.

"Aish, sorry, I was only kidding!" Seokjin tried to lighten the mood a bit by laughing it off. The other members let out awkward laughs at that until it faded into an awkward silence. Although it was true what Seokjin said, it wasn't something that they wanted to think about. It was ok though, they didn't have to think about that kind of stuff just yet. They still had many more years left in their career before having to worry about any of that.

Jungkook bit his lip trying to think of something to say to break the silence. He did find an excuse to break the silence when he noticed Namjoon taking his phone out. He glanced over his hyung's shoulder to see that his hyung was messaging someone. "Who are you messaging hyung?"

"Hm? Oh, I'm messaging Oceana," Namjoon responded with a small smile as he began tapping his phone. The other members looked interested.

"You've been interacting with Oceana a lot these days." Yoongi gave a knowing look as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Anything you want to tell us?"

Namjoon looked at him with a sigh before replying," If you're referring to whether or not I like Oceana then I'm not going to tell you."

"Aw, come on Namjoon, tell us," Hoseok pleaded with hopeful eyes. "We're not going to judge you. If you like her then we'll support it. After all, you aren't the only one who likes a siren." Hoseok nudged Jungkook, who flashed a flustered smile. Namjoon said nothing before giving a small smile of defeat.

"I suppose I do," Namjoon confessed with a shy expression. The members all had expressions indicating that they knew it already, but it was nice to hear him actually admit it to them. He notices the other members' expressions and smiled a bit before sighing a bit. "It's a bit hard though to imagine myself with her though. After all, she is a siren. What kind of life would I be able to have with her?"

"Probably a more normal life than Jungkook would be able to have with Y/N." Yoongi's rash comment earned glares from the other members. He knew immediately after he said it that it was something that he probably should have kept to himself because he glanced at Jungkook, who looked down at his lap with a somewhat sad expression. "Sorry Jungkook.."

Jungkook let out a sigh as he held his hand out—his necklace sitting in the palm of his hand—and stared down at his necklace.

"I know that my life with Y/N would be far from the regular life I would have with a normal human girl, but... I have to... I want to believe that somehow I could make it work..." His voice was soft and low but filled with a hint of sorrow that he tried to not let show too much. "Then again, she's not even here right? So how could I possibly make it work if she's not even here?"

Wanting to remove the negative feeling in the air, Jimin cleared his throat before speaking in a comforting tone, "Well, maybe not now, but maybe when this is all over with Dr. Kai and the media, maybe you can be with her for real. I know she can't grow legs on land, but-."

"Boys! Breaks over! Let's get back to shooting!" The managers exclaimed, cutting Jimin off. Jimin sighed at that as he patted the younger one's shoulder.

"I know you'll figure out a way," Jimin voiced with a reassuring smile. Jungkook smiled and nodded back at that as he and the others stood back up and jogged over to their spots.

Shooting started again. The members did their very bests, dancing their hearts out, making expressions that they know will kill ARMYs' hearts, and trying to tell a story through the concept of the music video.

By the time they were all done shooting for the day, the sun was beginning to set. The members let out cheers of relief that they were done for the day and started packing up their things.

Once they were all done packing, they grabbed their things and headed for the cars. However, just as they started walking to the cars, a familiar figure appeared before them. It was none other than Dr. Kai. He had on normal clothes rather than his lab coat. His hands were stuffed in his pockets and he looked at them with a friendly expression. It was the same expression that he showed Hoseok and Namjoon the very first day that they met him.

"Hello boys," he greeted them. The members' expressions stiffened at seeing him before they glared at him. "Hard at work I see."

"What do you want?" Yoongi asked harshly, not wasting any time showing how much he and the others despised Dr. Kai. Dr. Kai let out an amused chuckle at that.

"Heh, I suppose there's no point in acting friendly since you've already seen my true personality," Dr. Kai voiced, his expression going dark as he let out a breath. "It would seem you boys haven't been to visit your little mermaid friend. Why is that?"

The members decided to not say a word, but Jungkook had decided that they should tell it to him straight and let him know that he was the reason that Y/N was gone.

With hands clenched in fists and a hard look on his face, Jungkook spoke out, "She's gone." Those two words made a look of surprise spread across Dr. Kai's face. "She left a while ago."

"How long ago?" Dr. Kai asked, his voice growing slightly worried.

"The moment that she appeared in the news." Although he lied, Jungkook felt no guilt. Dr. Kai's expression wavered and he looked to the side with a troubled look.

"Are you sure?" Dr. Kai asked to clarify. Jungkook nodded. The other members weren't sure why Jungkook lied, but they decided to go along with it and nod in response as well. "Damn it..."

That small damn it made the members glance at one another. This time Hoseok spoke up a in firm tone, "You scared her off." The members noticed Dr. Kai's jaw clench at hearing that before he looked at them, his expression serious.

"Can you bring her back?" Dr. Kai asked, her voice stern, but a sense of hope radiating in it. The members scoffed at that.

"Why would we do that? You've caused nothing but trouble for her and for us. What makes you think we would do anything for you?" Taehyung asked in a loud and cold tone, staring at Dr. Kai with a deadly stare. Dr. Kai let out a sigh at that.

"Boys, I know that we've had our differences, but I really need for you to bring her back," Dr. Kai regretfully began to plead, which made the members surprised that he was willing to do that.

Seokjin shook his head and cut into the conversation. "Sorry, but from the way you treated Y/N, we will do no such thing, especially for someone like you. Y/N was our friend and you drove her way with your obsession and unconventional ways."

Dr. Kai took in a deep breath eyeing the members. He could tell that the members weren't going to do as he asked. He had already burnt his bridges with them, so doing him a favour was something that they had no intention of doing.

"Boys, Y/N's discovery and the discovery of mermaids is something that my father started," Dr. Kai began to say, but he was surprised to see that the members seemed to already know this information.

"Yeah, we're well aware of that. One of our friends looked into you. Your father was a marine biologist and came across something that had to do with mermaids as well. Your father dug too deep and ended up dead because of it. Then years later, you tried to convince the public about mermaids, but nobody believed you." Yoongi coldly explained everything that Oceana had told him and the others, but in a more condensed way. Dr. Kai said nothing. He didn't deny it, but he also didn't admit it to it.

After some time, Dr. Kai smiled and looked at them. "Very good. This friend of yours sure does know a lot about me even though they've never met me."

"Ha! How do you know that they've never met you? Maybe they have. Maybe they've known who you are for a quite some time now," Hoseok stated with a laugh as if he to taunt Dr. Kai. Dr. Kai eyed Hoseok with a suspicious look, but didn't respond to what he had said.

"Tell us Dr. Kai, what's the true reason that you decided to pick up your father's research? Was it for revenge or was it for something else?" Namjoon asked provokingly as he crossed his arms over his chest. Dr. Kai raised an eyebrow at that.

"Revenge? Why would it be for revenge?" Dr. Kai asked confused and curious. The members looked at one another, wondering if they should mention who was responsible for his father's death.

"Revenge for your father's death obviously," Yoongi retorted with a scoff. Dr. Kai stared at him with a perplexed expression making the members realize that he was not aware that it was the sirens who were responsible for his father's death.

"I don't do this for revenge boys. I do it because I want to continue my father's research, but the existence of mermaids also fascinate me." Dr. Kai's response surprised the members. They found it hard to believe him, but his sincere tone suggested that perhaps he was telling the truth.

"Dr. Kai..., we know that as a scientist you want to discover more about certain things, but that doesn't automatically give you the right to do things, especially things like kidnap Y/N or post pictures of her and us together," Jungkook voiced, his tone calm, but with a hint of resentment in it. Dr. Kai looked at him with a neutral expression. "I'm sorry, but we can't and we won't help you bring Y/N back just so she can go through all of that pain and horror again."

Dr. Kai's eyebrows furrowed and his lips formed a frown as the members walked past him. Jungkook bumped his shoulder into Dr. Kai's shoulder purposely and roughly to show Dr. Kai his displeasure. Dr. Kai stumbled a bit to the side, but regained his balance and glared at Jungkook's back. He directed his glare to each member as they passed and the other members wasted no time in returning the glare right back to him.

Seeing the members walking off, he tried to think of something to say. In a desperate attempt to get them to help him, he voiced out a threat. "Well, whether you help me or not, I will find her. I will do whatever it takes."

The members turned around to look at him when he said that. He did his best to hide his grin at the fact that he got their attention, but their response made him angry.

"Then we'll do whatever it takes to stop you," Jungkook said in a determined tone. The other members nodded in agreement to that as they stood next to Jungkook, the same determined expressions on their faces. Dr. Kai scowled at this. His attempt at recruiting their help backfired on him and he had nothing left to threaten them with.

"What's going on here?" One of the managers asked as he and the other managers approached the members. The managers glanced from the members to Dr. Kai with suspicious looks. "Who's this?"

"The annoying Dr. Kai," Yoongi voiced with a fake smile. "He keeps pestering us." The managers looked at Dr. Kai, who looked like he was about to protest against what Yoongi had said, but he didn't get the chance to.

"So this is Dr. Kai then. Well, you've certainly caused a lot of trouble for the BTS members," the second manager stated with a narrowed eyed look as he looked Dr. Kai up and down. "We've been meaning to set up a meeting with you to talk about all those pictures that you've taken of our boys... without permission may I also add."

"Oh really? And what about all of those pictures that their fans take huh? Aren't those without their permission too?" Dr. Kai tried to argue his way out of this. Although he did have a point, the two concepts were quite different from the others. Since BTS fans took pictures as a way to admire them whereas he took their pictures as a way bring attention to himself and his research. Besides having a small point, his argument wasn't strong enough.

"Don't you dare compare yourself to ARMY like this! ARMY would never do the things that you did!" Jimin exclaimed angrily as he pointed to Dr. Kai. His stare was deadly even Dr. Kai shrunk back at seeing it.

Seeing that he wasn't going to win this, Dr. Kai let out a huff before turning around and storming away. The members and managers watched him leave until he was finally out of sight before the managers turned to look at the members.

"He didn't do anything to you boys right?" The third manager asked concerned as he and the other two managers looked each member up and down for signs of physical injuries.

"We're fine. He didn't touch us. Although, I think Jungkook may have damaged Dr. Kai's shoulder when he bumped into his shoulder," Hoseok mentioned with a teasing smile as he nudged Jungkook. Jungkook smirked victoriously at that while the others stifled laughs. "That Dr. Kai though doesn't seem to want to give up."

"I say we sue him." Yoongi put out a suggestion with a simple shrug. The other members and the managers glanced at him when he said this.

"Wouldn't that make him more angry and persistent?" Namjoon asked with a wary look.

"It would, but he wouldn't be able to use the argument of him being a scientist if he got the scientist title taken away from him." Yoongi showed them a knowing smile when he said this and the other members slowly caught on making his smile go wider. "With his title revoked, he wouldn't be able to do any more research. Plus, we can always get a restraining order against him too."

"Suga hyung you're a genius!" Jungkook exclaimed happily as he threw his arms around Yoongi, hugging him tightly.

"Ah! You're squeezing me too tight!" Yoongi tried to push the younger one away, but Jungkook held on tightly and lifted him up. The other members chuckled in amusement at that. "Aish, I am a genius though." He grinned smugly at this and simply let the younger one hug him to death. Once the hug was over, Yoongi and Jungkook looked at the others. "What do you guys say? Should we sue him?"

The other members were silent for a bit before slowly each one of them nodded. Yoongi and Jungkook grinned at that as they all looked at the managers who were deep in thought.

"Manager-nims, we have all the evidence needed to sue that scientist. If we do sue him and get a restraining order against him then he can't mess with us anymore," Jungkook explained to the managers shortly to allow them to understand his and the other members' thought process. The managers thought for a bit more, whispering to each other before sighing heavily.

"Very well, we'll take care of this," the first manager said as he rubbed his temples. "Ah... right before we're going to be releasing your new album too..." The members glanced at each other with uneasy looks. It was true that the timing wasn't good, but if they didn't do this now then who knows what harm Dr. Kai could do. "For now, let's just get back and have you boys rest up."

The members nodded as they got into the car and drove back to the dorms. They entered the dorms and plopped themselves down on the couches in the living room. What a tiring day it had been. Although it started normal, it ended in a strange way. Still, it felt good that they had a chance to get rid of Dr. Kai for good.

Jungkook wondered if after they were through with getting rid of Dr. Kai then Y/N could come back again. Hope gleamed in his tired eyes as he glanced over at Namjoon, who was busy tapping on his phone. He scooted closer and looked over his hyung's shoulder. Namjoon noticed and chuckled, letting the younger one see the screen of his phone.

"Oceana."

"You really do like her, don't you hyung?" Jungkook asked curiously and teasingly. Namjoon responded with a small chuckle as he shrugged. "I think you would look good together."

"Haha, thanks Jungkook, but I think you and Y/N look better together," Namjoon voiced with a laugh. Jungkook cracked a smile at that just as his phone buzzed. The buzz of his phone startled him and he took his phone out of his pocket. He opened his phone to see that it was a message from Oceana. "Who's it from?"

"Oceana." Jungkook raised an eyebrow before pressing on the message. When the message opened, he saw a picture with a little caption added to it. It was a picture of Y/N, who was smiling and looking at the camera. On the sand beside her was a huge heart with the first letter of her name, a plus sign, and the first letter of his name. Warmth and happiness filled his heart at seeing that and an overjoyed smile appeared on his face. He clutched his phone in his hand and leaned back on the couch, looking up at the ceiling in a dreamy state. "Y/N..."

"You ok Jungkook? What did the message say?" Namjoon asked curiously. This got the attention of the other members, who also looked at the youngest member with curious expressions as Namjoon looked at Jungkook's phone. Seeing the picture that Oceana had sent to Jungkook made Namjoon chuckle. "Wow, even from a long distance their love is still strong as ever."

"Huh?" The other members stole Jungkook's phone from his hands and fought over it to try and get a peek at the message. When they had each seen the picture, they all cheered and started teasing Jungkook about it, but he was too dazed and in his own little world to truly notice his hyungs were teasing him.

He stood up quickly and snatched his phone back with a big smile across his face before speaking cheerfully. "Today was a good day~! I'm going to take a shower before dinner~!"

Ignoring his hyung's attempts to tease him, he skipped off down the hallway towards his room while whistling a cheerful tune. He was happy to know that Y/N still loved him even though they were so far apart from each other. He hoped that she wouldn't stop loving him just like he wouldn't stop loving her.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

A new chapter is here! I hope you all liked it!

Aish, that Dr. Kai doesn't know when to quit, but it seems like the BTS members are thinking about suing him. Hm... maybe that will teach Dr. Kai a lesson, lolz! >:)

So, Namjoon and Oceana... what do you all think? I'm starting to OTP them, haha, but that's just me of course. ;)

Anyways, please vote and comment if you liked this.

Stay tuned for the next chapter hopefully coming out soon! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 1.1K 26
"Have you kissed anyone yet ??" He asked with his attractive gaze which were locked with nervous one Shooking her head as 'NO' , he internally smir...
50K 2.9K 18
She was supposed to die. She was supposed to meet her decay in the dark depths of the endless ocean but ended up in the arms of a mysterious being of...
2.1M 80.3K 41
His naked chest pressed against her exposed bosoms as he leaned his face dangerously closer to her and spread her legs wide and settled himself betwe...
27.2K 1.3K 54
"Really?" Jungkook deepens his one-sided smile. "Are you sure you're not... jealous?" "Jealous?" she scoffs vividly. "Nope. I'm not really the jealou...