Mixed [Shadowhunters]

By Deya0302

Cassandra Rose has known that the last 16 years of her life she hasn't been normal. She can see the distress... More

Mixed
Prologue
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.

4.

497 17 0
By Deya0302

Clary was shocked to see me amongst the downworlders. Right after she convinced Magnus to recover her memories from the demon he gave it to for safekeeping (which I didn't know by the way, so we'll be having a serious conversation about that too), Clary cornered me and demanded an explanation.

"How come I didn't know you were a warlock, Cassie?" Clary asked me in confusion and hurt.

I let out a slow breath, "We were no friends anymore, Clary"

Clary winced as if that hurt. She had never understood exactly why I pushed her away. "But you could have told me before"

"Yeah? And then what? Forget about the one little secret I thought I could share with my friend?" I asked rhetorically. "Clary. I did tell you I was a warlock several times when we were growing up. You'd see past my glamours"

Clary blinked in shock, "I would?"

I nodded sadly, "Your mom wanted you safe from the shadow world. Every time that happened, she'd bring you to Magnus to wipe your memories from this world"

Of course, I didn't mention it was me who'd tell our moms her Sight was returning so Jocelyn could bring her to a wiping memory session. Little detail she didn't need to know right now.

"Is that why you pushed me away?" Clary softly, suddenly understanding.

I risked a glance toward Magnus, "He and mom told me if I wanted you to be safe that I had to because there was the possibility with me at your side, you'd break through the spell too often. Wiping your memory constantly for short periods of time is very dangerous" Of course, Jocelyn was very content when I told her that. I wasn't sure that she hated me, maybe it was my downworlder nature. I guess it must have been difficult to push away that nephilim mindset.

"I'm sorry" Clary grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I didn't know all of this. And it did hurt you pushed me away, it hurt Simon too by the way" I looked away, biting my lip "But now I understand and I'm not mad at you, okay? I never was"

I nodded with a soft smile, "It's fine" I immediately stood, scratching the back of my head "I'm supposed to like, try and persuade you from summoning this demon. Can I?"

Clary stood, shaking her head. "No. I'll do whatever it takes to save my mom, Cassie"

I paused. "Well, I tried"

Clary laughed slightly, following me to where Magnus was giving the dark haired female Shadowhunter whose name was Isabelle his necklace as payment for having saved us.

My lips twitched in amusement. Of course Magnus would go through the risk of getting killed to get the necklace of his ex just to give it back the same night.

"So, where's the demon?" Clary asked, hands in her hips.

I felt a couple of disapproving eyes on me. I shrugged toward the Shadowhunters innocently, fighting back a smirk. Didn't they already know that once Clary got something on her mind, nothing could convince her otherwise?

Magnus sighed, tilting his head slightly, unsurprised by Clary's stubborn ass. "Okay" he clapped his hands together, "Pretty boy, get your team ready"

The blond Shadowhunter, Jace nodded, starting to walk "I know what to do"

Magnus rolled his eyes. "I'm not talking to you. I’m talking to…" he slid his finger around till he pointed to my nephilim hero "You"

The black haired Shadowhunter whose name was apparently Alec seemed slightly surprised to be acknowledged as pretty boy and do I dare say, a bit flustered?

However, he smiled slightly and shrugged at the look Jace gave him.

I smirked.

Magnus patted my head as he passed me, looking at Clary "Come with me"

Magnus led Clary into another room and I followed. I had the feeling Magnus wasn't going to let me summon a demon.

But it didn't hurt to try.

"Everyone want the Mortal Cup" Magnus told her. "Don’t trust anyone, especially not the Clave"

"Then why should I trust you?" Clary questioned.

"You shouldn’t" I quipped.

Magnus flickered the side of my head, seemingly annoyed but I knew he wasn't. "Only trust yourself"

Magnus handed Clary a package with chalks.

Clary examined the chalks "These chalks are beautiful. What are they for?"

"If a person wants their memories returned, they must draw the pentagram to summon the demon" Magnus explained, showing her a drawing of a pentagram "I can walk you through it, if you like"

Clsry stared intently at the drawing for a few seconds, "I got this"

My smile grew slightly. Clary was a great artist. I had no doubt she was going to bring to life this pentagram.

Magnus smiled and I knew him well to detect a slight pride glimmer in his eyes. He held his hand up to the other room to Jace "Shadowhunter… Prepare Clary as best you can"

Jace walked closer, looking at Clary "The memory demon is a Greater Demon. The rune will be far more powerful than anything you faced so far"

Clary looked determined, "Do it"

Jace pulled out a wand looking stick. Stele was called. It gave them their runes, their Shadowhunter powers.

"This might sting" Jace warned.

Magnus pulled me away from the room as soon as Jace began to draw the rune on Clary's skin making her scream.

~8~

While Clary drew the pentagram, I joined Magnus as he again read through the summoning to make sure he wasn't missing anything important.

I tapped my fingers on the counter, counting the seconds.

"No, you're not" Magnus said without looking. I looked down at him. "Cupcake, I can feel your anticipation into joining the summoning"

"But-" I trailed off.

Magnus raised his eyebrows, "It's too dangerous. Besides, I know you didn't even try convincing Clary, sweetheart. Had you tried, we wouldn't be doing this right now" I stared at him innocently. "Also, you've been in too much danger today to add more"

Magnus flashed me a pointed look.

I sighed, the look telling me to better not lie. I glanced to where Alec stood with Isabelle. They had to be siblings for sure. The dark hair, the way they interacted.

"He uh, saved me" I said lowly, looking down. Magnus paused, staring down at me "I let my guard down for a moment. There was a baddie in front of me. I didn't notice the one sneaking up behind me. Alec did. He came just in time like a damn knight in a shimmering armor with a bow instead of a sword and killed the dude before he could kill me"

Magnus' gaze went to the Shadowhunter, a thoughtful and interested expression on his face, "He did, huh?" I nodded slowly. He turned to face me, sighing softly. "And that's why I have to say no. I don't want to imagine you getting hurt. I'd never forgive myself" I looked down. "But, there's something you can do. How's your magic in containing spells?"

"Decent" I said with a furrow of my eyebrows.

"Perfect" Magnus said, walking around me, heading to the room as Clary announced she finished. "Come, dearie"

I followed behind, Alec and Isabelle taking my sides as we walked to the room.

I gasped in awe at the drawing, "Oh, Clary. You're amazing"

Magnus hummed in agreement, "Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare"

Clary stood, dusting her hands from any chalk residues "I don’t know about that"

Magnus sighed wistfully, "Oh, the only other person I’ve known who could draw as well was Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed, I might add" I noticed the little glance he gave to Alec as if expecting him to react to his... Was he flirting right now? I stifled a chuckle under my hand at the lack of reaction from the Shadowhunter. Magnus cleared his throat, narrowing his eyes at my amusement "Okay. We’re ready. Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram. Cassie, dear. She'd stand outside of it with a contention spell ready just in case"

I mocked saluted, magic at ready, waiting for me to call it upon the surface as I leaned against the wall.

Everyone took their places at each point of the star. There were five points for five people. Clary, the poor thing was confused on where to stand with Jace helping her. I eyed them curiously, sensing a bit of something in there. I shrugged. Not my business.

The circle had Magnus with Alec and Isabelle at his sides. Jace stood next to Alec with Clary in the middle of Jace and Isabelle.

"Don't let the demon out" I warned. Knowing me and the luck I had this day, I should prepare the containment spell already.

"We must initiate a bond" Magnus began explaining, "Once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens, we must not let go of each other’s hands"

Magnus held his hand to Alec. Alec took it. I felt that. The connection was starting. I eyed cautiously the flow of magic going one by one as they connected slowly their hands.

For the first time, I agreed with Isabelle's statement. "You people are pathetic"

"And dramatic" I added my two scents. Of course I was ignored.

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say" Magnus told them "The demon’s name is Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary’s memories"

"What do you mean?" Jace asked cautiously "What kind of payment?"

"We will see" Magnus answered, shrugging "Let us begin"

Magnus began the spell. I tensed, straightening my spine as the wind picked up.

Isabelle looked down, "The necklace. It’s pulsing"

The wind howled as a demon appeared in their circle.

Cautiously, I murmured a containment spell, watching it glimmer momentarily around them.

"Valak is among us" Magnus announced. Suddenly, they began to struggle as the wind turned stronger "Do not break the bond"

"Hold on!" Jace warned Clary, tightening his grip on her hand.

"I’m trying!" Clary told him.

"It is time, the demon demands payment" Magnus said.

My hair was blowing back, hands at my sides cackling with my magic as I heard them talking.

"What does it want?" Alec asked.

"We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most" Magnus answered.

The moment he said that, a light was pulled out of Isabelle's chest, a memory of Alec. Clary was next with a memory of Jocelyn. When it was Alec's turn, my head tilted slightly at the shock on Jace's face and the guy himself when a memory of Jace was taken by the demon.

Alec was taken aback and didn't seem to be able to look at Jace in the eyes as he panicked, "No, it’s not true! The demon deceived me!"

The sight of him tugging his hands away from Magnus and Jace alarmed me. He was trying to break the bond.

"Do not break the bond!" I snapped in worry, eyes widening.

It didn't matter that Isabelle was trying to reassure him that it was okay. Alec acted like a cornered wild animal, scared and panicked that his flight or fight mechanism won as he broke the bond.

I felt the demon clashing against my spell as it pushed everyone back to the floor. I raised my arms up at my sides, tensing my muscles as the demon fought to get free. My feet slid slowly backwards at the demon's strength.

Magnus noticed my strain and while he seemed a bit surprised and proud I did not break the moment the demon got set lose, he immediately poured his own magic to help me contain the demon.

The help was welcomed but I couldn't help but noticing that even with Magnus' help, the demon was too strong.

"We cannot contain the demon much longer!" I warned.

Alec ran to the demon.

"No!" Jace pushed Alec away.

Because of that, Jace got taken by the demon. And because the demon was technically still contained by our spell, we couldn't do anything to help him. Even with one of us stepping away from the spell would cause the other too much strain that it could kill us for pushing our limits.

Isabelle grabbed Jace’s arm in alarm "Jace!" she looked at Alec, "Grab him! Grab him!"

Alec grabbed Jace’s other arm. "Hold on!"

"The demon is growing stronger!" Magnus groaned in strain.

I felt my arms starting to shake with the effort. Something wet fell down my nose. I knew it had to be blood.

"He’s slipping!" Alec exclaimed.

Isabelle turned to Clary, desperately "Clary! Help us!"

Clary took her seraph blade, worriedly.

I knew she was ready to save the guy she seems to have the hots for but she was doing this for a reason, like a good friend I had to remind her about it, even though I knew she'd choose Jace over her own needs. "Clary, if you kill the demon, your memories will be lost forever!"

Clary panted in worry, realizing this as well. But another plead from Isabelle to help them set the redhead in action, running forward and killing the demon with her blade.

With no demon around, there was no need for a containment spell. I let my magic fade away as soon as the demon vanished, dropping my hands at the same time Jace fell to the ground with a thud.

I fell to my knees as well, a wave of exhaustion passing through me as the Shadowhunters surrounded the blond, pleading for him to wake up.

"Cassie" Magnus immediately kneeled at my side, breathing heavily as this took a lot from him as well. "Hun, you okay?"

I nodded tiredly, breathing heavily "When can we do this again?"

There was no need to point out I was extremely sarcastic.

Magnus let out a breathless chuckle, pulling my body closer, letting my head rest on his shoulder as Clary turned to us, concern written in her face as Jace's eyes remained close.

"Is he gonna be all right?" Clary asked.

Magnus peered at the blond nephilim, shrugging tiredly "I don’t know. Does he normally just lay like that without moving?"

Magnus helped me out to my feet as Alec and Clary called to Jace to wake up.

Jace gasped awake, coughing. Everyone let out a breath of relief. "I’m all right. I’m all right. I’m all right. I’m just getting my second wind"

Knowing his friend was now okay, Alec walked out of the room.

I glanced at Magnus to see if he had noticed but he already had his eyes on the retreating form of the dark haired Shadowhunter.

"I'll be right back" Magnus murmured on my ear.

I nodded, watching him go after his new totem of affection. Magnus was transparent when he had a new crush. And what can I say when this time I totally approved?

"Thank God, you’re okay" Clary said to Jace in relief, almost in the verge of tears "For a second there, I thought we lost you"

"Remind me again, what’s the, uh… What’s the count on how many times I saved your life?" Jace asked breathlessly.

My head tilted as I stumbled slightly on my feet.

Clary let out a teary chuckle, "I… I think we’re even"

Even if he just had a close encounter with death, Jace managed a smirk, "I don’t think so"

I shook my head, rubbing my temples "I'm not sure I'll ever understand your kind"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.2K 13
He was only a demon, kidnapped for blood. Experimented on for research. The first words he learned were, "please" and "stop." He calls himself Xa...
9.5K 324 41
Alessandra, is a four year old shadowhunter, that is a little more than a shadowhunter, in fact she is more angel than human. Her mother is an angel...
26.1K 978 10
𝑽𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒏𝒅 / ver-I- kuhnd / Adjective 1. Bashful ; Modest _________________________________________ Being alone and always...
20.9K 871 18
"Who could ever learn to love a beast?" --- Prince Magnus wasn't exactly grateful of the life that he lived. He was selfish and vain, unappreciative...