6.

The door being opened abruptly jolted me up from listening music and rearranging my room (sometimes it was nice to do things the mundane way, no matter how Magnus disapproved)

I pulled out my earphones and walked out of my room to see a sight I wished I never saw.

"Is that Luke?!" I exclaimed in worry as I noticed Jace and Clary putting him down on a couch. He was covered in blood and sweat. He looked really bad.

Luke is a werewolf. When I was little, I used to get in trouble with the mundane police - it was around the time I couldn't control that well my powers - and Luke was there to keep me out of trouble. At first, I knew it was to keep the shadow world to be exposed because he didn't seem to like me either but with time, I managed to charm him and he became a good friend.

Seeing him here, hurt. It reminded me of my mom when she was really sick and when I lost her. The sight of Clary with tears in her eyes and a panicked and sorrowful look made something stirr within me and I knew the girl saw him like a father figure. It was the way I looked at Magnus and a mirror of how I would look like if Magnus was hurting too. It was what jolted me in action and immediately ran to Magnus' side as he helped the Shadowhunters to put the delirious man in the couch.

Between the hysterics, I heard Luke was attacked and suffering from werewolf wounds and hallucinations which was weird.

Luke kept calling Jocelyn, his eyes a far away look as he stared up at the ceiling. "Jocelyn! Jocelyn…"

Clary was almost sobbing, kneeling at his side, "No, Luke, it’s Clary. Can you hear me?"

It was as if hearing Clay's voice snapped him from his hallucination for a moment, panting "Clary, listen to me. Listen… you have to listen to me. I have to tell you, just in case—"

Clary shook her head, lips trembling "No, don’t even say it, don’t—"

Magnus and I exchanged a look. He was really out of it. He kept insisting that he needed to say something to her. He was guilt ridden about something by the way he kept talking. We noticed the tension on his muscles.

Magnus came to a sudden realization, grabbing my arm, "Was he bitten by an alpha?"

My head snapped at him in alarm. Oh, that'll explain things.

Another boy who I immediately recognized and my heart hurt about seeing him for the first time in two years.

Simon.

"Yeah" Simon answered, furrowing his eyebrows. It seemed that unlike me, he hadn't realized I was in the room too. "Why?"

Magnus glanced at me in warning. "Three, two, one..."

I immediately grabbed onto Clary from behind with an arm and pulled her and Simon back (grabbing onto his shirt) as Luke’s eyes glowed green, suddenly growling.

Clary held onto my arms, staring at Luke in shock and concern "Oh, my God"

Luke began to scream in pain.

Magnus got away from the sofa. "Cupcake"

I let go of Clary and Simon's shirt and followed Magnus.

Simon suddenly realized I was there but my back was to him that he didn't see my face. "Where do you think you’re going?"

"Hold him down" Magnus led me to another room, passing me objects and potion ingredients as he grabbed a medicine from the shelves. I nodded in acknowledgement as I walked to a table in the kitchen, hiding my face from Simon as I placed everything on the table. Clary needed him right now. If he saw me, he'd be distracted. "We don’t have a lot of time" He was probably pouring some medicine in Luke’s mouth. "It’ll take a few moments to take effect"