3.

"You're supposed to be in hiding! Not being at a party!"

Sometimes, I felt like the parent around Magnus. We had saved most of the warlocks that came to us. We were pacing around, well more like I was the one pacing as Magnus calmly sat in front of me, a martini in hand, watching me pace.

"Relax" Magnus said chuckling. I stopped, turning to face him incredulously, "There, was that too hard to stop? If you kept going, for sure you'd make a hole in the rug which by the way I brought from Paris"

"Stole, you mean" I corrected.

Magnus shrugged, smiling "Borrowed"

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Mag, the reason why we're in hiding, why you're supposed to be in hiding is to keep the Buffy wannabe from killing you"

"And what's better than hiding in plain sight, pepper chili?" Magnus asked amused.

"Food names" I pursed my lips. "You're serious about this"

Magnus shifted slightly, smile brightening "I'll be in and out. Besides, I have a business meeting with some little angels to get back something of mine" I eyed him, unconvinced. Magnus sighed, flicking his wrist to make the drink disappear, standing up. "I promise"

"For the kissing fingers?" I asked seriously.

Magnus rolled his eyes, smiling. "For the kissing fingers"

Somehow, when I was small, whatever promise made to me, sealed by kissing our fingers and putting them together was enough to create some sort of bonded deal. Apparently, this was one of my demon father's powers that was passed onto me. I could make little deals that if you broke them, your fingers would burn until the deal was completed. Should have seen our face when we realized this. My six year old was forbidden to make 'finger promises' for ice creams. I don't want to imagine myself kissing people to make bigger deals. Ew.

I kissed my pointer and middle finger, watching Magnus do the same with his. We touched our kissed fingers together, watching a small whip of my magic closing around them momentarily before fading. We dropped our hands.

"There, now you can know I'm serious about going in and out for a bit and the business meeting, that's all" Magnus reassured. "I don't want you to worry"

I nodded. Well, at least now I'm a bit reassured he will come home.

~8~

Elias, one of Magnus friends came to see me while I was reinforcing one of the wards.

"You couldn't convince him either" I said knowingly, smirking. "I already tried, handsome. He definitely wants that necklace"

Elias' lips pursed. He seemed a bit angry, "You're not strong enough to keep them up"

I stiffened. I always hated when other warlocks told me that. Just because I was sixteen didn't mean I wasn't strong.

"I can try" I said calmly. "Magnus taught me everything I know"

"He's making a mistake and you know it, Cassandra" Elias told me.

I scrunched my nose at the use of my full name, "Have faith" I was too close to snap, remaining calm as I kept waving my hands in front of me, magic leaving my hands.

~8~

Having faith wasn't enough. Not for my wards.

They found us somehow. I felt the protective wards I put up and reinforced shaking and breaking. Not even a second later the screams began.