5.

After taking care of the warlocks who survived the Circle attack, sending them to new, more safe places, Magnus and I returned to his loft, our home.

Magnus had been impressed that my magic was stronger than it supposed to be at my age - his words, not mine -. Apparently, because I was sixteen biologically, my magic wasn't supposed to be strong enough to contain a Greater Demon for how long I had with Valak so, he decided it was a good day to see how strong I was.

The living room no longer looked like one, instead of the coffee table and the couches, Magnus conjured a mat and everything fragile was snapped moved to our rooms in the meantime. I wore my workout clothes and my hair up in a ponytail, facing Magnus in the mat.

He was going to attack me with his own magic, little by little increasing the power on his attacks until we reached to my limits.

Blocking his attacks, with time was something easy to do, unless he was being a dick about it and purposely throwing me on my ass, but oddly enough today, he seemed distracted. His attacks while sharp and directed to misguide me and make me lower my guard to strike my side were easily evaded by shimmering shield.

I breathed heavily while Magnus barely broke a sweat. He smirked upon my tired form.

"You're getting much better, cinnamon roll" Magnus praised.

I was thankful that my face was already flushed due to the work out to hide the blush that I could feel coming. "I'd say. I did contain a Greater Demon enough to not let it escape before you stepped in"

"A hard but well earned achievement for someone your age" Magnus said, a thoughtful expression on his face as he stared at me.

I stared back, slightly confused. The way he looked at me was a way he hadn't done since the first year I met him with my mom. It was like he was wary and curious at the same time, as if he knew something I didn't. Something mom also knew as she used to look at me the same whenever she thought I wasn't looking.

"That's good, though. Right?" I asked casually, furrowing my brow.

Magnus blinked before nodding, "Definitely"

"But, speaking of the Greater Demon..." I trailed off. "We haven't talked about it"

Magnus tilted his head as if knowing where I was going, "What about it?"

"Why didn't you ever tell me you were the one wiping Clay's memory?" I asked.

Magnus snapped his fingers. A drink appeared in his hand as well as a sofa can on mine. I gave him a deadpan look. He usually allowed me to drink, why not now?

I snapped my fingers to change the soda for something stronger but before I could drink it, it was swapped again by the soda.

"Magnus!" I exclaimed.

"I'm a responsable adult, cupcake" Magnus said, raising his free hand. "What kind of responsable adult lets a minor drink alcohol?"

"A cool one" I replied "You haven't had a problem on letting me drink before"

"Ah, that was because of a little slip up on my judgment" Magnus gave me an amused, accusing look. "But seriously, I'm not corrupting you... Too much this young. Besides, you wanted to know something"

I sighed, nodding. He was right. "Okay then. Tell me"

Magnus made some chairs appear so we sat down. "Your mom accidentally let it slip of my existence to Jocelyn when she realized she was a Shadowhunter"

"How did mom know?" I asked curiously. There were a lot of things I never knew about my mom. She was a very private person. The only one I noticed she let in was Magnus and that was a few months after we met him.