4.

Clary was shocked to see me amongst the downworlders. Right after she convinced Magnus to recover her memories from the demon he gave it to for safekeeping (which I didn't know by the way, so we'll be having a serious conversation about that too), Clary cornered me and demanded an explanation.

"How come I didn't know you were a warlock, Cassie?" Clary asked me in confusion and hurt.

I let out a slow breath, "We were no friends anymore, Clary"

Clary winced as if that hurt. She had never understood exactly why I pushed her away. "But you could have told me before"

"Yeah? And then what? Forget about the one little secret I thought I could share with my friend?" I asked rhetorically. "Clary. I did tell you I was a warlock several times when we were growing up. You'd see past my glamours"

Clary blinked in shock, "I would?"

I nodded sadly, "Your mom wanted you safe from the shadow world. Every time that happened, she'd bring you to Magnus to wipe your memories from this world"

Of course, I didn't mention it was me who'd tell our moms her Sight was returning so Jocelyn could bring her to a wiping memory session. Little detail she didn't need to know right now.

"Is that why you pushed me away?" Clary softly, suddenly understanding.

I risked a glance toward Magnus, "He and mom told me if I wanted you to be safe that I had to because there was the possibility with me at your side, you'd break through the spell too often. Wiping your memory constantly for short periods of time is very dangerous" Of course, Jocelyn was very content when I told her that. I wasn't sure that she hated me, maybe it was my downworlder nature. I guess it must have been difficult to push away that nephilim mindset.

"I'm sorry" Clary grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I didn't know all of this. And it did hurt you pushed me away, it hurt Simon too by the way" I looked away, biting my lip "But now I understand and I'm not mad at you, okay? I never was"

I nodded with a soft smile, "It's fine" I immediately stood, scratching the back of my head "I'm supposed to like, try and persuade you from summoning this demon. Can I?"

Clary stood, shaking her head. "No. I'll do whatever it takes to save my mom, Cassie"

I paused. "Well, I tried"

Clary laughed slightly, following me to where Magnus was giving the dark haired female Shadowhunter whose name was Isabelle his necklace as payment for having saved us.

My lips twitched in amusement. Of course Magnus would go through the risk of getting killed to get the necklace of his ex just to give it back the same night.

"So, where's the demon?" Clary asked, hands in her hips.

I felt a couple of disapproving eyes on me. I shrugged toward the Shadowhunters innocently, fighting back a smirk. Didn't they already know that once Clary got something on her mind, nothing could convince her otherwise?

Magnus sighed, tilting his head slightly, unsurprised by Clary's stubborn ass. "Okay" he clapped his hands together, "Pretty boy, get your team ready"

The blond Shadowhunter, Jace nodded, starting to walk "I know what to do"

Magnus rolled his eyes. "I'm not talking to you. I’m talking to…" he slid his finger around till he pointed to my nephilim hero "You"

The black haired Shadowhunter whose name was apparently Alec seemed slightly surprised to be acknowledged as pretty boy and do I dare say, a bit flustered?