When You Least Expect It

Od BEAUT1FULdreamer

In a blink of an eye, your life can be altered so drastically it leaves you questioning...everything. The ach... Více

Intro.
Biggest Mistake
Numb
Angry Bargaining
Stupid
Sexy Sassy Sexpot
Drunk as a skunk.
Stud
Bartenders are like therapists.
Hypnotic
Rage
I Wish
Sorry
Shopping
Marlin
Contentment
Company
Oops
Apology
Lunch
Treasure
Anytime
Safe and Sound
Vendetta
Me too.
Bad Daddy
Warning Label
Me too
Euphoric
Like Flying
I'm good.
Fear
Treat
Gotcha

I'm a catch

3.7K 297 55
Od BEAUT1FULdreamer

My phone alarm actually startles me awake, I'm a bit disorientated at the surroundings but quickly recover. I slept amazing. It's gotta be the mattress. I stretch out my limbs and sit up. It's so surreal to be here, in Vic's home. I rub my face and move out of bed. I dress and do my morning routine, hoping to beat Vic into the kitchen and get some kind of breakfast ready for him. I'm successful and get his coffee maker ready, noticing the packaging from Zara's coffee shop. I remember seeing some eggs in the fridge so I get those out, pull out a small pan and get that heated up. The smell of coffee begins to engulf his kitchen. I move around his cabinets looking for some tumblers.

"They're in the dishwasher."

I jump at the sound of Vic's voice and twirl around clutching my chest. I have no idea how I didn't hear him. "Jeez." Vic looks real nice in a dress shirt and tie, his styled hair.

He smiles wide, "Morning."

I glare at him, "It'd be good without the scaring."

He chuckles lightly, "I could get used to this."

"I'm sure you could. Keep scaring me and I won't be making you breakfast again."

"I'll try to be on my best behavior."

I quickly assemble us some bagel egg sandwiches and place the used pan into the sink. "I'll clean that up later." Then slide a plate in front of him and settle into the stool next to him. Vic enhales his sandwich in four bites.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I laugh.

"Yep, it's official you're never leaving."

I feel warmth spread all over, I like hearing those words more than I'll admit. Vic stands and moves around me, placing his plate into the sink. He opens the dishwasher and removes two tumblers from the rack. I watch him fill them with coffee as I eat.

"I don't have any fancy creamer or anything."

"Milk is fine. I'll stop at my apartment and pick up some stuff after class."

He faces me, "Not alone."

It's a tone I haven't heard from Vic. Demanding. Alpha. I like that way too much. I have to shake myself of the lust from just those two words. "I'll have Zara come with me."

"You call me if she can't go with you."

"Okay."

He nods, "Okay." and finishes with our coffees. His arm shoots out and he checks the time on the watch on his wrist. "I'm gonna go grab my bag. We better get going."

I finish up and grab my own things. We both meet at the front door. "Ready?" he inquires.

"Yep." I smile up at him.

He shakes his head and opens the door for me. I'm not sure why he's shaking his head but it has me questioning myself. I've never lived with a man besides my uncle but he really doesn't count. The doors unlock and I slip inside, putting my backpack on the floor at my feet while Vic gets in and starts up the car. I know I shouldn't but I wonder what his day to day life was like with Melissa. Did she wake up and make him breakfast? Did she fuck him like he should be? I shake at the unexpected body chills.

"Are you cold?" He's already moving towards the air controls, turning on the heat.

"Yeah, thanks." I lie.

"Turn on whatever music you want." he offers while driving.

The volume is low but I can hear rock music playing, and I'm totally fine with whatever he likes to listen to, so I simply turn it up a little. I tap my fingers along with the beat.

"What are your plans after school?" Vic asks his focus on the road.

"No real plans since I'm not allowed at the bar. I figured I'd study. I can make dinner."

"You don't have to do that. I can make dinner or we can order out."

"You cook?"

"Eh.."

"I can make dinner."

"I won't turn it down but don't feel obligated."

"I want to."

"Okayyy." He draws out the word, "But I meant what I said, I may never let you leave."

I laugh, "I don't think your future girlfriend will appreciate your friend, who is a girl, living with you."

His demeanor changes instantly, "I don't think I'll be dating anyone else."

That comment is like a splash of cold water. I know he's going through a lot, and it makes sense, why would he want to date anyone after the shit that his ex's pulled. I've been putting way too much thought into this whole friendship. It's absolutely just that. Friendship.

"No, maybe not any time soon, but eventually."

"I think she ruined me for any other woman."

"She did not!" My voice rising, "Victor Michael Russo," I pull out his full name, "This mentality is her winning. That bitch is not winning. You're a catch! Say it with me."

He glances at me like I'm crazy, "What?"

"Repeat it with me."

He laughs, "No."

I smack his arm, and his eyes widen.

"Victor..."

"Fine." He huffs.

"On the count of three...One...Two...Three..."

"I'm a catch." we both say the words together.

"Now yell it."

"Jade." he presses.

"One..two...three..."

"I'm a catch!" we both scream and then we burst out laughing.

"That was therapeutic. I think you're in the wrong field."

"It was, wasn't it?"

"I don't believe it, but thanks for caring."

"That's what friends are for."

In the corner of my eye, I see his body stiffen. Such an odd thing for someone who said just the same thing to me a minute ago.

Zara picks me up from the college and we head for some lunch. It's been a bit since we've seen each other and I didn't get to properly fill her in on all the drama that happened yesterday.

"Jeez o wiz. His ex is bat shit crazy."

"Let me catch her...she has no idea who she's dealing with."

"Don't you dare land yourself in jail, I don't have enough bail money for you."

"A true friend would be next to me." I arch a brow.

"I have a kid! I cannot be out there getting arrested, six years ago, yes."

"I know. I'm kidding."

We have a good time and as I promised Vic, she accompanies me to my apartment. All looks okay. I give Emmy some loving, make sure she has a few bowls of water. Drew fed her last night, Mike said he'll feed her tonight for me. I give her some dry food. I pack some food from my fridge and freezer, grab my crock pot to bring along in case Vic doesn't have one. My apartment feels so small after being at Vic's.

"Okay my girl. I'll see you soon. I promise." I give Emmy some rubs and kisses. I feel so bad leaving her alone. Zara takes me for my rental, they give me a Ford Fusion, nothing too exciting. We hug goodbye and go our separate ways.

It's close to two when I get to Vic's, I put the food away, deciding on making parmesan chicken. Vic being a single guy, not really knowing how to cook, he deserves a good meal. Plus he's allowing me to stay here.

My phone chimes, and it's the man himself.

Stud: Hey

Me: Hey Stud

Stud: Damn. I was hoping you forgot about that nickname.

Me: Never ever.

Stud: How's your day been? Did you stop at your place?

Me: It was good. Yes, I did.

Stud: With Zara?

Me: Yes, dad.

Stud: Keep that up...

Me: or what?

Stud: You don't wanna know.

But I kinda do wanna know. Is he flirting? But it goes against everything he proclaimed earlier.

Stud: I gotta get going. I'll be home around 5.

Me: Okay, I'll have dinner ready darling.

I joke around and start to prepare dinner. Placing the chicken into the cooker, tossing the ingredients into the crock, and turn it on high. When that's all good to go, I grab my backpack and get out my school work. Marlin strolls out of Vic's room, meowing deeply, then heads my way.

"Hey guy."

He swipes against the leg of my chair and I bend over to sweep him up into my lap. He settles on me as I pet his soft fur.

I'm deeply immersed into my homework when I hear the click of the front door. My head snaps up as Vic enters his front door. "Honey, I'm home!" he calls out, like Ricky from the show, I Love Lucy.

"Oh Vicky, you so funny."

Marlin jumps off and goes to greet his dad. I guess I know where his loyalty lies. Vic bends over to greet his cat, "Hey my furry friend. You hungry?"

Damn. I should've fed him. When he's done getting Marlin's food, he informs me he's gonna go change. He returns a few minutes later in a blue v-neck tee and some black basketball shorts, looking much more relaxed and comfortable.

"How was your day?" I ask as he grabs a bottle of water from his fridge, twisting the cap off and taking a long drink then placing it on the counter.

"It was alright." He moves towards the crock pot and takes off the lid, "This smells amazing, what are we having?"

"Chicken parmesan. I gotta make the noodles yet, are you hungry?"

"Starving."

"Okay. I'll make them quick. It'll be all ready then."

He takes a seat on the stool and watches me. I'm not doing anything extravagant but he seems enraptured by what I'm doing. I shred the chicken in the crock pot while waiting for the water to boil. An idea, or rather a conversation from earlier pops in my head. "If I were to go to jail, would you bail me out?" I ask nonchalantly as I drain the noodles.

"What did you do?"

I laugh, "I didn't do anything, it's just a question."

He remains quiet and it makes me look at him, he's skeptical. "I swear, I didn't do anything!" I reassure.

"Absolutely."

"You would?"

"Yeah."

I'm not sure why but his response makes me emotional. I have no idea what kind of response I would have had he said no, but I guess I won't know.

"I'd do the same for you."

"You wouldn't have to."

"But I would."

He laughs, "This is such a weird conversation."

I pour the noodles into the crock and stir, "Okay, it's ready!" Vic comes around the counter and grabs two bowls from the cabinet. I spoon out a few spoonfuls for him and then for myself.

Vic heads for the couch, and I follow. If that's where he wants to eat, why not.

He turns on the tv and settles in, his first bite is followed by a low hum. "This is incredible Jade."

"Thanks." I smile wide at him. It's one of my favorite foods to make, and it's super easy.

"Man, this is probably the best thing I've ever eaten." and he's not joking, he inhales it and goes for seconds.

"Well hopefully there's enough for lunch tomorrow."

"Hopefully."

My heart swells with pride at his enthusiasm for my cooking. When I finish, I move to put away the leftovers, making sure to make one for him to take to work. "I made a dish for you to take for work!" I yell out.

"Thank you!" He yells back.

I gather all my school stuff and pack it back up. "Did you get your homework finished?" I glance his way at the question, he's twisted around on the couch watching me.

"Yeah, I actually got some future assignments done so I don't have to worry about them."

"Smart cookie."

"You know it." I wink at him then place everything into my bag then join Vic back on the couch and we watch TV together. Like this is something we do all the time, like this is our norm.

I am on a roll!!! Thank goodness! I hope this can continue. Sometimes the words come and sometimes they dry up. Send me lots of writing prayers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Vic and Jade are quite a mess, especially for people with confidence but sometimes you don't know how to navigate certain situations. 

Vic with his new found issues and the conflict of his feelings for Jade. To act on them and risk ruining their friendship that he values.

Jade trying to be the friend that Vic needs and fighting her own attraction to him, but also building him back up after the damage Mel did. Sometimes the strongest of people can be the most vulnerable. 

Please leave all the love in forms of comments and votes!! They are so greatly appreciated! 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

145K 12.8K 60
(Complete) It is not easy growing up with the perfect Jack Harris, especially since Ryan Harris has always been a player. He left home for college a...
7.4M 215K 78
To start over. That's what Alex Rose needed, after that night. That's what drove her out of her home in London, to New York, halfway across the wor...
9.1K 377 34
●COMPLETED● Fan of erotic and heated love scenes? Well, you've come to the right place. No under 18s allowed🚫. The funny thing about love, is that...
1K 32 19
How did I get myself into this mess? How did I fall so deeply for my professor? Book one: The Teacher's Affair Book two: Family, Love, and Happines...