Unravelling You l ✓

By wannabecurious9

❝What sin did I commit in my past life that I have to tolerate you in this life?" "A very grave one for which... More

Description
Chapter 1 - Awaiting
Chapter 2 - It Happened Again!
Chapter 3 - The Meet
Chapter 4 - Thoughts
Chapter 5 (A) - Friends
Chapter 5 (B) - 'I expect loyalty'
Chapter 6 - Date!?
Chapter 7 - I'm so difficult!
Chapter 8 - Annoying People
Chapter 9 - The Truth Hurts
Chapter 10 - Engagement Disaster
Chapter 11 - Apologies & Smiles
Chapter 12 - Jalkukda
Chapter 13 - The Wedding
Chapter 14 - Beginnings
Chapter 15 - Thank You 💛
Chapter 16 - Circus
Chapter 17 - Silence
Chapter 18 - Hurt
Chapter 19 - Care
Chapter 20 - Stay
Chapter 21 - Blue & Black
Chapter 22 - Vedika
Chapter 24 - Anniversary
Chapter 25 - Enough!
Chapter 26 - Communication
Chapter 27 - Pain
Chapter 28 - Cupcakes
Chapter 29 - Birthday
Chapter 30 - Prayers
Chapter 31 - First
Chapter 32 - Distance
Chapter 33 - Missing
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Feelings
Chapter 36 - Confession
Chapter 37 - Gifts
Chapter 38 - Pacifying Him
Chapter 39 - Surprise
Chapter 40 - Honeymoon
Chapter 41 - New York
Chapter 42 - Revelation
Chapter 43 - Humans are stupid
Chapter 44 - Happiness
Epilogue - Forever
Acknowledgment
Bonus Chapter (1)
NEW BOOK !
Bonus Chapter (2)
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 23 - Blushing

6.6K 444 69
By wannabecurious9

🎶 Tumse Hi Tumse

(Hear this song out from Anjaana Anjaani if you haven't. It's amazing)

Published on 12.05.2021

● A U T H O R ●

The next two weeks passed away in a blink. Vihaan was sure he would've ended up kissing Aarohi if she didn't look away that day. He berated himself for losing himself in the moment. He reprimanded himself for the way his body reacted whenever Aarohi was near him but nothing helped.

Aarohi would be home by seven while he would arrive half an hour or an hour later. They had fallen into a routine. They would go together to jog in the morning, chatting and laughing in each others company or sometimes enjoying the silence which also felt pleasant in each others company. When he would be back, Aarohi would greet him with a smile which always managed to cease away his tension and stress from work. They would discuss their days during dinner and before retiring to sleep, they would spend time in the balcony where Vihaan would sip his black coffee and Aarohi would sip her ginger tea which Vihaan prepared.

The best part of this was they would hug each other before going to their respective rooms to sleep comfortably.

Vihaan had almost believed that what his life was for four years, deserted and awfully peaceful was his normal and hence, whatever he feels now feels magical. He had someone who he looked forward to see when he returned home. He had someone with whom he can spend his mornings, someone whose presence itself made him forget the problems of this chaotic world.

He never knew that his thoughts were constricting him until he shared them with Aarohi. He never realized how his grudge against his own sister was making life difficult for him. He did held resentment against her. But letting these feelings go and accepting that what's done is done felt so much better. He didn't know any of these until now. He decided to go with the flow and live in the moment, appreciating the beauty of the present. His sister was safe and happy, had a family and he was happy for her. That's all that matters.

Aarohi didn't advice him anything unlike what others do. She just showed him the mirror. She patiently listened to him with the intent of listening, not with the intent of passing some judgement or giving him a life advise. That is exactly what he needed. She had a lame way of making him feel better but it did work.

Vihaan liked Aarohi. He had no doubts about it. Technically he should stop himself from falling deeper and stay away but curse him because he doesn't want to. She was beautiful and who doesn't want to fall for beautiful things!? They didn't have to verbalize that they were friends now, good friends actually. But he wished and hoped that they could be something more someday. She made him laugh without much effort, she brought his playful side in front and even though she would irritate and tease him, he adored how real and honest she was.

It was Sunday and Aarohi was looking forward to spend time with Vihaan but her plan was crushed when he said he has to go to work for an important meeting scheduled at ten am. Needless to say, her mood wasn't the brightest after that.

But Aarohi wasn't the one who liked to sit back and sulk.

Aarohi asked Madhavi Tai to prepare Baingan ka Bharta and chapati and pack them in a tiffin. She came to know that Baingan ka Bharta was Vihaan's favorite through Smriti. She had decided to take lunch for him. Her subconscious teased her saying how wifely this looks but she shut it off and decided not to overthink. Overthinking can wait.

Aarohi entered VedHaan through the familiar gates. She walked up to the receptionist who was busy in a call.

"I want to meet Mr Vihaan Agarwal." She said in a small voice when she saw the receptionist ending the call.

The receptionist narrowed her eyes trying to recollect the familiar face when realization striked her. "Hello Mrs Agarwal." She greeted with a smile before her smile turned into a frown. "Nice to see you but I'm not sure if Sir told us that you'll be coming."

Aarohi fiddled with the hem of her top. "Uhm- actually he didn't know I would be coming." She said nervously.

Even I didn't know that I would be coming.

She didn't say it aloud though.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we've strict instructions not to let anyone meet Sir without any appointment unless it's his Dad." The receptionist said guiltily.

"Oh okay." Aarohi gulped down the embarrassment. Why did she come here even?

"Can you just call him and say that I'm here?" Aarohi tried for first and last time, sending a prayer upwards that she doesn't embarrass herself more.

"Sure ma'am." The receptionist replied.

"Good afternoon Sir."

"Mrs Agarwal has come to meet you but since you didn't tell us anything, I couldn't allow her up."

"She's fine Sir."

"Sorry Sir. I'll send her right away."

"Okay Sir." The receptionist said before keeping the call down.

Aarohi looked at her quizzically, not knowing what did Vihaan say on the other end. The receptionist looked terrified.

"I'm sorry ma'am."

"Why are you saying sorry?" Aarohi asked cluelessly.

"Sir is going to fire me for sure." The receptionist whose name was Aditi mumbled to herself.

"Why will he fire you?"

"Aarohi." Vihaan called out gathering her attention.

He then turned his gaze towards Aditi, looking at her coldly.

Aarohi could sense the tension as she saw the fear stricken face of Aditi.

"Why did you stop her?" Vihaan asked, his voice dangerously low.

"I'm sorry Sir." Aditi replied meekly.

"Because she was doing her job." Aarohi intervened and said as a matter of fact.

"I'm not talking to you." Vihaan shut her up.

"And you," he pointed at Aditi. "Don't you know that she's my wife and you had the audacity to treat her like someone who needs an appointment to meet me." His voice went a pitch higher making few people turn their attention to the little commotion.

Aditi felt humiliated and Aarohi felt angered.

"Stop overreacting Vihaan." Aarohi said firmly as few jaws fell on the ground in disbelief. "She was just following your instructions." She pointed an accusatory finger at him. "There's no need to be so harsh. Now, come with me." She held his hand and pulled him with him towards the elevator after picking up her bag kept on the chair.

The people present there looked with their mouth agape as their boss was being pulled by a woman when he was in the midst of firing someone, his mood totally pissed off and he didn't protest or say a word.

"Did I just got saved when I was on the verge of dying?" Aditi whispered to herself.

"This one." Vihaan pulled Aarohi into the private elevator when he saw her moving towards the other one.

"You shouldn't have done that!" Vihaan seethed when the elevator closed.

"You shouldn't have done that. She was about to cry." Aarohi criticized him.

"These people respect me. And they should respect you as well. She shouldn't have stopped you from meeting me." Vihaan looked at her in concern.

"They do respect you but they fear you more. And she did respect me. She talked to me politely and even agreed to call you when I asked. She was just following your orders Vihaan." Aarohi explained. "I don't want to be treated highly just because I'm your wife. I don't want to take advantage of your privileges."

"You are not!" Vihaan yelled, rubbing his hand over his forehead in annoyance.

The elevator stopped at the desired floor and they exited.

"Anyways, why are you here for?" Vihaan asked.

"First tell me that you won't say anything to Aditi or fire her." Aarohi said sternly stopping in her tracks.

"Promise?" She forwarded her palm.

"Promise." Vihaan sighed and placed his hand over hers making her grin.

On her way, Aarohi encountered Meera and when their gaze connected the latter looked away making Aarohi frown.

Vihaan opened his office door and Aarohi entered.

"I brought lunch for you." Aarohi said, smiling adorably.

"You?" Vihaan quirked a brow at her.

Aarohi nodded excitedly, sitting on the chair and opening the tiffin. Vihaan took his place across the table watching her silently.

"Baingan ka Bharta!" Vihaan exclaimed excitedly. "That's my favorite." He looked at Aarohi, his eyes twinkling.

Aarohi grinned.

"How did you know?" He asked curiously.

"I may or may not have asked Smriti." Aarohi replied smugly, drumming her fingers over the table.

Vihaan let out a throaty laugh.

"You really did that!? Woah. Doesn't that count as a proper wifely behavior?" He teased, his voice lower than usual.

"Just eat." She replied flatly not meeting his gaze.

"Are you blushing?" He asked noticing the shade of crimson that coated her cheeks.

Aarohi blushed even more. "Why- why would I blush?" She stammered.

"You're blushing. You can't even look at me. Oh my god! I need to mark this date with golden letters." Vihaan said excitedly as he had a permanent grin plastered on his face.

"Stop being so dramatic!" Aarohi gritted. "And just eat. You're irritating me." She whined and pouted.

"This is so funny." Vihaan continued to laugh making Aarohi feel more embarrassed and infuriated.

She picked up a pen from the pen holder and threw at him. It hit his chest and he winced slightly.

"Violent woman." He tried to sound serious but ended up laughing again.

Aarohi huffed and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Okay okay. I'm done." Vihaan said, panting.

Aarohi glared at him.

"Did you eat?"

"I did." She replied in a monotone.

"I wonder why did you bring lunch for me." He stroked his chin thoughtfully, well aware of the death stare being shot in his direction. "Is today something special?"

"I swear Mr Vihaan Agarwal if you say one more word that would irritate me, I would punch you in your face, take the tiffin away and go back home." She yelled, slamming her palms on the table.

Vihaan flinched.

"Lower your voice. People might hear you." His own voice sounding scared.

"And what says that I care about it?" Aarohi retorted sarcastically. "Eat."

Vihaan knew better than to argue with her at that moment. She looked so intimidating and scary that he almost believed that her threatenings weren't just bluff. She could actually do something like that if needed. He even thought of offering her from her lunch but decided against it when he met her stern gaze.

"Good." Aarohi said once he was finished eating.

"How did the meeting go?" She asked normally as if she wasn't angry and ready to pounce on him a few seconds ago.

"Good?" He replied unsure of her reaction.

"Nice." She smiled. "Do I look weird?"

Vihaan blinked.

"Why would you ask that?" Vihaan questioned back.

"That means I look weird." Aarohi's face fell.

"I never said that."

"But you didn't even say no." Aarohi argued.

"No. You don't look weird." Vihaan replied trying to stay calm and containing his annoyance. "Why are you asking such weird questions?"

"Meera, your assistant, she's awkward with me. I didn't even do anything." Aarohi expressed.

"She isn't awkward. Why would she be?"

"She is. The last time I came, the small talk with her was super awkward and even today when I looked at her, she looked away."

Vihaan's brows came together as he thought deeply.

"Is she like this with all or am I a special case? I can understand if she's an introvert or has social anxiety." Aarohi said, being considerate.

"She behaves differently with me as well after that incident but it doesn't matter because she does her work efficiently. Anyways, why does that bother you?" Vihaan said, propping his elbows on the table and interlacing his fingers as he rested his chin above it.

"Which incident?" Aarohi squinted her eyes and imitated Vihaan's posture.

"The one where she said that she loves me." Vihaan replied nonchalantly.

Aarohi almost lost her balance as her elbow slipped from the table and her lips parted in shock.

"Come again." Her eyes furious.

"That was long back. On the day of our engagement. Never had any significance." Vihaan shrugged.

"On the day of our engagement!" She shrieked. "Does she still has feelings for you?" She asked, feeling nervous.

"I don't think so and even she said to forget that she ever told something like that."

"And what about you? Did you have feelings for her?" Aarohi asked wishing the answer is in negative.

"No. Never." Vihaan yelled in horror. "I wouldn't have married you if that was the case. Stop acting so silly." He shouted at her.

Aarohi sighed in relief and told him to elaborate the whole scenario that had taken place. After Vihaan completed speaking, Aarohi couldn't help but stare at him in shock.

"So you're telling me that you basically told her.." she paused before continuing, "actually ordered her to move on, to get over you as if it's that easy. You could have been a little soft and kinder to her. No wonder Meera feels so awkward." Aarohi spoke dejectedly and covered her face with her palms. "You're hopeless."

"Excuse me!? I'm not here to console my employees or be their personal therapist. I did nothing." Vihaan said defensively, removing Aarohi's hand from her face.

Aarohi huffed a breath. "I wanna talk to Meera."

"And why so?" He titled his head.

"That's none of your business." She snapped. "I'm the wife of the boss of this company so I can do what I want."

"Now aren't you taking the advantage of your privileges?" Vihaan asked being amused. It was a rhetorical question.

"Please." Aarohi pleaded making a puppy face.

"This goddamn face!" Vihaan muttered under his breath. "Fine." He agreed.

"Thank you so much." Aarohi said happily.

The next moment she was in Meera's cabin sitting across her.

Meera continued to shift in her seat anxiously as her eyes refused to look at Aarohi.

"Hello. Nice to meet you again." Aarohi chirped and immediately cringed at how weird and childish it sounded.

"Same here." Meera responded with a small smile which basically showed how much effort it took.

"I won't beat around the bush so let me get straight to the point." Aarohi spoke seriously while Meera gulped anticipating the worst. She used to like the husband of the woman who's sitting in front of her a couple of months back! How mortifying is that!?

"I can see that you still feel embarrassed about whatever happened months back and somewhere it's Vihaan's fault." Aarohi spoke softly.

"It isn't. It's my fault. I'm sorry." Meera whispered apologetically.

"Don't be." Aarohi reached to hold her hands that were on the table and gave them a slight sqeeze. "You don't have to be awkward or sorry for what you felt, especially with me. And regarding Vihaan, I know he's intimidating and even scary but trust me, he's really soft at heart just like a coconut, tough from outside but soft and mellow from inside." Aarohi whispered as if she was telling a secret.

Meera tried to hold back a smile but ended up chuckling. "You're sweet." She said feeling a lot more at ease.

"Not a compliment that I get usually get so thank you for that." Aarohi grinned. "Vihaan is an idiot. I mean instead of being sensitive towards you, he just told you to forget and get over it as if it's some kind of cake walk." She scoffed. "Don't you agree with me?"

"I don't know if I should participate in speaking ill about my boss." Meera replied modestly

"We aren't bitching about him. I was just telling the truth even if it's not very sweet." Aarohi opposed. "Just leave this topic." She waved her hand dismissively. "Tell me about you. Do you still have feelings for Vihaan?" She enquired, her voice laden with sympathy and concern.

"Not at all." Meera answered abruptly, pulling her hand away. "I have a boyfriend."

"That's- that's amazing." Aarohi stuttered slightly when the words registered in her mind. "Oh god! I'm so happy for you. How's the guy?"

"He's really nice and very cute. His name is Krish. It has just been a month since we started dating but it feels good." Meera blushed.

"Awww." Aarohi cooed. "नजर ना लगे।" (Nazar na lage). She put an imaginary kaala teeka behind Meera's ear making the girl giggle.

"I must leave now or your boss will feel that I'm messing with his company and its staffs and he hates mess." Aarohi said, trying to sound intimidating and serious.

Meera stared at the woman partially in shock and partially in joy as an amusing smile was etched on her face. She got up and hugged Aarohi.

"Thank you so much. I feel much lighter now."

Aarohi hugged her tighter. "It's okay. And don't fear your boss so much. He isn't worth it. Believe me, he just looks all tough from outside but he's the softest man I've met in my entire life." Aarohi said into the hug, pride and affection coating her voice.

Both the women pulled away and after a few more comforting words, Aarohi went back to Vihaan.

"Vihaan Sir has indeed got someone he rightfully deserves." Meera whispered to herself and smiled in contentment.

"I made a new friend." Aarohi announced, entering into Vihaan's cabin without knocking.

Vihaan backed away in his seat in surprise. "You scared me. Atleast knock the door." He scolded her.

Aarohi shrugged her shoulders. "When are we leaving?" Her hands were placed on her hips.

"Aren't you getting too comfortable?" Vihaan asked sarcastically.

That seemed to bring her back from her extra cheerful mood. "I was thinking of going to the orphanage so was just asking if you would like to come." She elucidated.

Vihaan pondered for a few seconds. "Give me fifteen minutes. I'll be done by then."

Vihaan and Aarohi left his office by 4 pm.

Aarohi waved at Meera and she returned it with a polite smile. When Meera looked at Vihaan, she couldn't supress the laughter bubbling inside her so she looked down and pursed her lips.

"Why was she laughing at me?" Vihaan asked Aarohi doubtfully when they entered the elevator.

"Who?"

"Meera, my assistant." He deadpanned.

"She wasn't. You're hallucinating." She replied innocently although she was well aware of the laugh and the reason behind it.

"Why do I feel that you're behind all this? What did you say about me to her?" Vihaan looked at her suspiciously.

"I wouldn't say anything wrong or bad about you. Now would I?" Aarohi pouted, staring at him with wide eyes.

Vihaan rubbed his temples in irritation. "I should have known better than to let you talk to her."

"Let's go." Aarohi dragged him by his hand when the elevator stopped at the ground floor and the gates opened.

"What did I even do to deserve a lifetime time of trouble in your form?" He cried out, exasperatedly.

"Some really great deeds." Aarohi replied, grinning from ear to ear.

***

A complete fun chapter which I really enjoyed to write. Thank you for your support to the story. Hope more people join in!

Vote and comment ❤️

• Thank you for reading •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
252K 11K 76
*************************************** He is cruel but he has a heart!! She is kind but misunderstood!! He is like fire!! She is like rain!! He is c...
10.2M 570K 64
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 They never thought of being each other's but destiny had another plans. 𝗩𝗜𝗗𝗬𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗬𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜...
243K 12.5K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...