This Time I'm Ready To Run

By l0verry

Is she ready to run? More

Characters:
Boyfriend with a side of bitter.
Tea and Bread
Stale Bread.
Long Drive in the Mercedes Benz
Nuggies and Orange Juice
Writer's Midnight Memories
Confusion of Greetings
Baking Perfect.
The Party Table.
DayDream: 1
Not a fan.
Girl Talk.
Chalk Welcome
Moments Away.
Five Hearts In One Home.
Five Hearts In One Home: 2
Five Hearts In One Home: 3
For cough sake.
Picture Perfect.
DayDream: 2
Travel To The Past.
Cafe Boy
Love Pieces.
Party Animal
DayDream: 3
Just Like Shattered Glass.
Tattoo Away
DayDream: 4
I promise, goodbye.
Japanese Whispers
We'll Be A Fine Line
Masked
DayDream: 5
Just a little lie.
Going Away Gift
DayDream: 6
Familiar Yet So Foreign
Don't fix
Birthday Song
Love Masks
Same Mistakes
DayDream: 7
Missing
My Love This Is The Day
DayDream: 8
Tiny Bit Left
The Coldest Warmth
Old Me
DayDream: 9
In My DNA
Dear Dad
DayDream: Harry
Maybe
This Time I'm Ready To Run

Drunk Pancakes

7 0 0
By l0verry

Wake up in Harry's warm arms in somewhere familiar to me.

My house.

Or home.

I listen to the sound of his calming heart in his chest as I relax there and appreciate the tranquillity of the earth. The car noises are so distant, the room is silent, it's perfect.

I thought the general atmosphere of Harry's house was soothing but I guess this takes the first spot. I discover what I use to use in the room. I find my favourite teddy bear, Caramel, still as fuffy-looking as I can remember. Then I see my oak bookcase with a cosy beanbag beside it.

"What book, little one?"

"Princess and The Frog!"

I roll out of Harry's hold to check the time. My phone flashes as I get a message.

"Hi, Blossom! I don't know what the time in New York but I hope you are on better terms with your friend!"

Rin.

I smile at her heartwarming message as I hear Harry in the background rolling over on his stomach. I turn to face him but he seems to be sleeping peacefully. I flicker my attention to my awaiting phone in my warm hands.

"Hi Rin"

"just woke up"

"I'm doing great x"

"sending love from New York xx"

I hit send as I hear Harry's croaky voice muffle my name into the pillow. I smile as my insides turn to goo from morning harry shining. "Good morning love," I smile as I return the thank you with gratitude and joy. I feel his warm hand fall onto my lower back, the warmth spreading all over. "What's the time?" He asks, flickering his soft eyes open.

"9 am," I say quietly letting him wake up at his own pace. I don't want to be too loud. He lazily rolls over to kiss my bare shoulder, making the area of skin warm. I contain a smile, the joy all bundled up inside the covers of the sheets. "I'm going to make some breakfast," I let go of my original intentions and release a smile, finally getting out of the double bed.

Just in my underwear, I make a point to quickly slip something on to keep covered.

I peek over at Harry one more time before leaving the room in his t-shirt.

"Good morning, Lun-"

"Mum-" I cut her off awkwardly.

I lean on the counter as she led down on the sofa "I-" How do I explain this? "When I left... I.. well I-" Her face drops sightly in anticipation, waiting for me to spit my words out "When I left I changed." 

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not the person you know... knew" I correct my self, not knowing how to explain the fact that I'm Blossom. "I changed my name." I say, lightning speed.

I feel as if it was easier to say it fast and simple. So that's what I did. "No.." Mum says, in denial, very surprised as she exhales the breath before letting the air back in. I awkwardly nod, letting her accept this piece of information. While doing so I smell the scent of alcohol on her clothes. She's been drinking.

"It's Blossom," I shine a weak smile.

She smiles weakly back "Good morning Blossom,"

"Just call me Bloss" I nod profusely.

She returns the rapid nods "yeah, it's a little wordy..." She trails off.

"Good morning, Bloss." She says confidently. I smile.

"Good morning, Mum." I return the phrase. I look around the gloomy, messy room full of shattered glass, broken tv and sigh. "Where's dad-"

Before I could finish my last word, I hear Harry swing open the bedroom door. "Good morning," He says, smiling, wiping his sleepy eyes. 

"Good morning, hun," Mum rushes over to him. "I'm making some pancakes, want some?" She asks, leading him to me. "Awee you look so cute together," She says, squeezing our cheeks.

In embarrassment, my face goes red, as Harry looks happy and confused and a lot of other emotions that I can not fully explain "Are you drunk?" I joke as she moves over to the stove.

She takes no time to answer my rhetorical question "Very," She smiles, already pouring the mix on the pan.

I stare at the bad idea, being mum cooking whilst drunk, and at Harry, also seeing the bad idea.

"Have you eaten?" Harry asks, expressing the mutual concern.

"Not a bite," She says, busy with her pancake-making.

Not alone has she been drinking on an empty stomach, but is also cooking on an empty stomach, whilst drunk. I mean, she's so different from before. She never used to drink. She never used to leave me by her side except at school. On a special occasion, she would have some wine or on a very special occasion champagne.

This isn't like her.

"What did you add in there?" I ask, peering over her shoulder.

"Flour, milk... If I'm honest I don't even remember!" She says, making Harry and I even more concerned.

"That's probably not a good id-"

"Nope, but oh well,"

***

"30 seconds!"

Mums passed out on the sofa in the chaotic room. I'm genuinely so concerned for her. I have no idea why she's been so drawn to alcohol in the short time spent here. It's so unlike her.

I turn around to see Harry running up to the door to go on stage. "Your mum okay?" He asks, looking over at the sleeping beauty.

Knowing he has to go, I keep it brief "Hope so." 

He reaches in for a short kiss, still making me feel warm inside as he locks his hands in mine.

"Love you," He does a cheeky smile.

Those words do so much to my body to even comprehend what's going on. As if the whole world is swiped except for Harry and I.

"Love you too," I smile.

He trails off into the shadows, our arms extending in our hold. I don't want to let go. When he's too far for reach, we both loosen our hold.

And so the show begins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
1.1M 37.7K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...