COME MY WAY โ€ข RODRICK HEFFLEY

By -mysteriousdaydreams

new tweet from @loadedrodrick! @giselleaoki has my heart based off the song come my way by housecall :) bett... More

summary
playlist
author's note and disclaimer
first chapter
second chapter
third chapter
fourth chapter
fifth chapter
sixth chapter
seventh chapter
eighth chapter
ninth chapter
tenth chapter
eleventh chapter
twelveth chapter
thirteenth chapter
fourteenth chapter
fifteenth chapter
sixteenth chapter
seventeenth chapter
eighteenth chapter
nineteenth chapter
twentieth chapter
twenty first chapter
twenty second chapter
twenty third chapter
twenty fourth chapter
twenty fifth chapter
twenty sixth chapter
twenty seventh chapter
twenty eighth chapter
twenty ninth chapter
thirtieth chapter
thirty first chapter
thirty second chapter
thirty third chapter
thirty fourth chapter
โ€ข INSTAGRAM // BONUS CHAPTER//
thirty fifth chapter
thirty sixth chapter
thirty seventh chapter
thirty eighth chapter
thirty ninth chapter
fortieth chapter
forty first chapter
forty second chapter
forty third chapter
forty fourth chapter
forty fifth chapter
forty sixth chapter
forty seventh chapter
forty eighth chapter
forty ninth chapter
fiftieth chapter
fifty first chapter
fifty second chapter
fifty third chapter
fifty fourth chapter
fifty fifth chapter
fifty sixth chapter
fifty seventh chapter
fifty eighth chapter
fifty ninth chapter
sixtieth chapter
sixty first chapter
sixty second chapter
sixty third chapter
sixty fourth chapter
sixty fifth chapter
giselle's portfolio (bonus chapter)
sixty sixth chapter
sixty seventh chapter
bonus chapter: getting ready for the dance
sixty ninth chapter
seventieth chapter
bonus final chapter
UPDATE
SEQUEL IS OUT!

sixty eighth chapter

3.6K 119 107
By -mysteriousdaydreams

giselle's pov

"you said we'd never make it but just look at us tonight!"

i was ecstatic just watching the band do their thing on stage. no matter how loud or rowdy they were and even though the crowd wasn't that hyped to hear their performance. i had never felt more proud to see the boys showcase what they got.

rodrick looked so happy to be on the drums and the smile on his face practically said it all. it was nice to see him look a bit more like himself. i missed him and i missed being around him.

the spotlight turned away from ben who was the lead singer and pointed towards a figure nearby the backstage curtains. i squinted my eyes trying to get a closer look, only to realise it was mrs. heffley dancing and she sure was attracting the crowd's attention.

i covered my mouth in shock and began to laugh at how funny this scene was in front of me. this was iconic. what's even funnier is the boys had no clue.

"oh my god, isn't that rodrick heffley's band?" stacey pointed out.

heather looked closely and snickered. "yeah and they're singing about diapers? pathetic."

"totally. this is so embarrassing for him."

heather chuckled, shaking her head. "well what do you expect? he is embarrassing and has the brain of what? like a 3 year old"

"do you remember when he was in love with you?" stacey laughed, holding onto heather to control her laughter. she didn't look too pleased by this. "now that was embarrassing."

heather scoffed, pushing her hand off her shoulder. "don't be ridiculous. it was such a joke. god i'm glad the whole homecoming stunt helped me get rid of him."

i froze hearing everything that was coming out of their mouths. i knew how heartless heather hills actually was, ever since that day she outed quinn to the whole school. she didn't care how she'd hurt people, all that mattered to heather was herself and as long as she looked good nothing else would get in her way. but i couldn't stand for it any longer.

"you're pathetic," i spoke up, loud enough for the two girls to hear. i froze, releasing what i had just started but there was no turning back now.

i composed myself together and stepped out of the row i was sitting in. be cool, gi i thought to myself. you got this under control.

heather turned towards me instantly and scoffed when she realised who was speaking to her. "oh god, aoki? seriously?"

"you are pathetic, heather." i repeated, looking directly at her this time.

"aww? are you actually mad?" heather said, condescendingly. "oh stacey, she's mad."

"she's pissed because she's dating rodrick heffley," stacey giggled, causing me to flinch. "aww giselle finally got a boy to notice her? so cute."

i bit onto my tongue trying to stop myself from showing any type of emotion. i couldn't let them know how much those words stung.

"after marcus who thought she'd have it in her?" heather chuckled.

don't let them get to you, i thought to myself. they didn't deserve the satisfaction of seeing me angry or bothered. they weren't worth my time.

"you know what heather?" i smiled, confidently. "you are absolutely right. who would have thought?" i emphasised her point.

heather looked at me with a confused expression on her face but i continued on.

"who would have thought that quiet little aoki finally had the guts to tell heather hills that she is the most pathetic human being she's ever met?" i chuckled. "god not me!"

"excuse me?" heather grumbled.

"oh you're excused," i  smiled, knowing very well i had her full attention. " but next time i hear you say something like that again, about rodrick or even quinn or anyone. you better pray you don't have to ask daddy for another nose job again."i  finally let out, feeling extremely proud of myself, before pushing the two girls out of my way.

it was the most liberating feeling i'd ever experienced to finally say what was on my mind. i never thought i'd ever have the guts to say what i truly felt, but yet here i was persevering through it all.  i let out a sigh of relief when i finally reached the lobby of the auditorium and was away from their grasp.

it was empty considering everyone else was either backstage or in the crowd still watching the talent show. loaded diper was the last act of the night and i couldn't wait to congratulate them and zara on their achievement. i knew rodrick and i still weren't on great terms, but i was willing to push it aside just for the sake of tonight if i see him. 

"anak!" the voice of my mother broke through my ears, causing me to turn around.

i was a little shocked to see her here. she never usually showed up to events that didn't involve her, so i was confused seeing her appear in the lobby with what seemed like a happy expression on her face. analyn aoki? is this really you?

"ma?" i spoke up, with a confused tone.

"i had to see you," she said, holding onto a package in her hands. "i know we haven't been seeing eye to eye, anak."

i stuttered my words not knowing what to say and truth be told, i was a little worried to hear what else was going to come out of her mouth. this was unlike her to come all the way here to tell me something.

"alam ko, giselle." she started off (i know, giselle.) "that i am not a perfect mother. i am closed off and i don't speak up often and when i do, i admit the things i say aren't the best."

"mom what are you trying to say?"

"but what i want you to know is that whatever you do in life, no matter the passion you pursue." she smiled. "i know you will do great."

i stood there not quite sure what to do or what to say. this was all i ever wanted to hear from my mother and i didn't even know how to react to it. "thank you mom," i said.

she came up to me and handed me the package in her hands. "this is from your friend rodrick. he thought you were at home before the event and wanted to return your photographs to you." she explained. "they're all beautiful anak, papa is so proud of you as well."

i smiled widely, like a little child on christmas morning. rodrick came to see me? oh my god, what is going on right now. this was all hitting me too fast. "wow mama, thank you so much." i let out, wrapping my arms around her in an instant. it felt nice to feel safe in her embrace.

she whispered in my ear and i could tell her voice was shaky. "i am sorry for calling you sensitive, anak. mahal na mahal kita." (i love you so much)

the moment i heard those words, i couldn't think of anything else. 

rodrick's pov

when the talent show ended, the lobby was filled with so many people i couldn't spot ben or anyone else i was with backstage.

i was about to head outside to the parking lot when i felt someone grab onto my arm. i turned instantly noticing it was quinn.

i was a little relieved to see her especially since she decided to give ben and i an idea for how i can apologise to giselle, after my failed attempt to see her before the show and give her the photographs back. "quinn!" i exclaimed.

"listen doofus, you guys need to be at the place at exactly 7pm." she stated sternly. "sharp."

i nodded, "oh yeah for sure. i'll be there."

she smiled and surprisingly gave me an extremely tight bear hug. "goodluck! i'll see you tomorrow then?" she said, walking out into the parking lot with another girl i hadn't met before. i recalled quinn calling her cora backstage so perhaps that's the famous cora i've heard giselle and zara tease her about.

i turned back to the lobby, trying to find another familiar face. i don't know why all of a sudden i started to feel my heart beat faster. the thought that somewhere in this crowd was giselle aoki seemed to really get me good.

i haven't seen her face in a while and i don't know if i'm ready to face her.

i finally got the band back, now i just wanted to get the girl back.

my eyes scanned through the crowd no longer caring about the others. i just wanted to see her. 

"rodrick!" jerry called out to me.

i turned to him, trying to hide the look of disappointment on my face. "what's up man?" i asked.

"your mom told me i should head home with you." he explained. "and to remind you that you're still technically grounded." he chuckled.

i rolled my eyes playfully, good one susan i thought to myself. "of course she did." i sighed. "where's ben?"

"he left with zara's family just right now." jerry said. "they're going out to celebrate zara's performance. giselle was actually with them."

"shit, giselle was with them?" i repeated a little too excitedly.

"yeah, but you just missed them man."

"fuck," i sighed.

jerry patted my shoulder as we began to walk out into the parking lot. "hey man, you still got that thing planned out for tomorrow. you'll see her again." he tried to reassure me. it was weird seeing jerry be all sentimental.

i nodded my head and grinned, as we finally approached the loaded diper van where surprisingly someone was leaning comfortably on the hood. i squinted my eyes trying to pinpoint whose face that belonged to and i tensed seeing marcus baker looking at jerry and i smugly.

"marcus?" i questioned.

"rodrick heffley," he grinned. "jerry kowalski."

jerry shook his head, "nah man, we're not cool anymore especially after i realised what you were saying bout giselle."

marcus laughed, looking at jerry like he was stupid. "wow jer? giselle joins your crew and now i'm the bad guy?" he chuckled.

i balled my fist, trying to remain calm hearing giselle's name coming out of this asshole's mouth. "woah calm there, ozzy osbourne." marcus scoffed. "we're technically buddies now."

"we are not buddies, marcus."

"oh yeah?" he smirked, triumphantly. "even if i'm taking giselle to the dance tomorrow night?"

my entire mind did a double take as i tried to let what marcus said sink in. giselle going to the dance with marcus baker? in what dimension or planet is that even possible? i knew he was just trying to get to me. i knew giselle was better than this. she would never let a guy like marcus disrespect her again.

"no you're not," i pointed out, ignoring his presence and taking my keys out to open the front door of the van.

"that's what you think, heffley." he grinned. "but i'll get her before you do again."

i looked at him like he was the dumbest person on the planet as i slammed the van door shut "what do you think she is, baker? a fucking trophy? a prize? a ribbon for you to stick on your shirt to show off to the world?" i ranted.

"ooo he's mad now, baker" jerry sang teasingly. 

marcus stayed quiet and i took this opportunity to keep speaking my mind. "she's not an object to parade around, marcus. so if you're going to ask her out just for you to rub it in, i will actually break your face if you use her for your stupid games again" i laughed, causing jerry to join along seeing the blunt expression on marcus' face. 

"but i wouldn't have to do that, right?" i said. "because we already know and i'm pretty sure that she already turned you down." i smirked triumphantly. god i hated this prick more than anything.

jerry flipped him off, before entering the car. "giselle's smarter than you think asshole. especially after that stunt you pulled. you'd be lucky if she even looked you in the eye."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 12.8K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
33K 666 17
"i wrote a song" "oh yeah?" "about me" "that's nice" "and you"
157K 4.6K 17
she sees him every day when he gets back from school. she smiles, he smiles. she waves, he waves. one day she tries to start a conversation. [ johnn...
224K 5.2K 43
โ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ด๐˜€, ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ต? โž โ ๐™ž ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™๐™ช๐™œ๐™จ. โž โคท in which rin hargreeve...