Worse for Better- Book #1 in...

By anyawritezzz

Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being man... More

***Please Read/ Authors Note***
**Aesthetics/Cast**
💿 Playlist 💿
Chapter 1: Worse
Chapter 2: Job
Chapter 3: Phone call
Chapter 4: Group Project
Chapter 5: Dance
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Rehearsal
Chapter 8: Peyton
Chapter 9: Change
Chapter 10: A Kick
Chapter 11: Game #1
Chapter 12: Picture
Chapter 13: Kidnapped
Chapter 14: Hotel
Chapter 15: The Next Morning
Chapter 16: Grandma
Chapter 17: Family Reunion
Chapter 18: Apology
Chapter 19: Window
Chapter 20: Car Ride
Chapter 21: Dad
Chapter 22: Stubborn
Chapter 23: Spy Mission
Chapter 24: Diner
Chapter 25: Caught
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Bedroom
Chapter 28: Pillow Fight
Chapter 29: Skyler
Chapter 30: Feelings
Chapter 31: Final
Chapter 32: Win or Lose
Chapter 33: Mom
Chapter 34: Blame
Chapter 35: Comfortable
Chapter 36: Pillowtalk
Chapter 37: Now what?
Chapter 38: Plane Ticket
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Walk
Chapter 41: Dressing Room
Chapter 42: Party
Chapter 43: Pool Table
Chapter 44: Nightmare
Chapter 45: Shower
Chapter 46: Over
Chapter 47: Family
Chapter 48: Visitation
Chapter 49: Court
Chapter 50: Hearing
Chapter 51: Guilty or Not Guilty
Chapter 52: Action Movie
Chapter 53: A Few Minutes
Chapter 54: Drunk
Chapter 55: Friendsgiving
Chapter 56: Alaska
Chapter 58: Promises
Chapter 59: Better
Bonus Chapter: Camping
Surprise!!!!

Chapter 57: Answer

13.9K 329 358
By anyawritezzz

Warning: Very Long Chapter

Alaiya's POV:

I have to jog a little towards Roman since he's much taller and his steps are a foot longer compared to mine.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we get further and further away from everyone and more near a far-off empty field.

"Depends, are you still mad at me for the ticket?" He looks down with a questioning look, and I think about it.

I wasn't really mad, I just wanted to be consulted. I wasn't allowed to do much on my own so since now I can, I want to be given at least an opinion in matters like spending money at the very least.

"If you promise to ask me next time." I shrug a shoulder.

"You want me to tell you about the surprise I got you that's meant to be secret?" he repeats my words to me.

"I don't want you spending your money on me when you can spend it on important things," I try and explain to him my reasoning.

We're really far away now and I can't see anyone in the distance anymore.

His hand pulls me away from his side softly and makes me stand in front of him to look directly into his eyes.

"You are my only important thing." He kisses my lips after promising.

I blush instantly as those words come out of his mouth which only makes the kiss feel that much better.

He's so good at saying those kinds of things!
Why was I mad at him again?

We pull away as we both smile up and down at each other. I think I love him even more and I didn't know was even possible.

He puts his hands on both sides of my waist and turns me around as my back faces his front. I confusedly laugh a tiny bit because I don't know what he's doing, but when I look up at the sky which is literally right in front of me, I see something that I never thought I would see in my entire life.

Holy shit!

The pink and green lights blaze through the sky stunningly, and I'm left in complete astonishment. His lips lay soft kisses against my cheek as I put my hands on his arms which are hanging from around my shoulders. My eyes are expanded out of my eye sockets while looking at the beautiful lights, and I almost want to cry because he actually brought me here.

Oh my freaking goodness!

My grandpa used to tell me the story about how he and my grandma had their first conversation and how nervous my grandpa was to talk to her. He ended up accidentally blurting out about the Aurora Borealis since that's what they were learning about in class and he wanted to impress her. Because my grandma was a huge science nerd, she instantly fell for him since, in her mind, he was a jock who just knew how to play football. My grandpa had no idea what it actually was,
so he had to quickly read a book on it so that he could impress her which is honestly the sweetest thing in the world in my opinion.

I loved hearing that story from the first time I was told it, and since my dream was to always be like my grandma or mom, I began to look at videos of the Northern Lights. I used to go up to my grandparents and ask them if we could go almost everyday, and everyday she would always tell me "One day, when you find someone who loves you even more than your grandfather loves me, they'll take you and we won't even have to."

ROMAN TOOK ME!

My grandma and grandpa were the only ones who knew how much I loved the lights since I was four years old, but I have no idea how Roman found out since I never told him. At least, I don't think I did. I have a babbling problem when I talk with him so maybe I unintentionally spoke about it.

The entire sky lights up with the lime green color and the purplish-pink appears a little as well with the bright stars around it, making it so much prettier.

Just imagining the excitement young me would feel when watching it over a video, and now that excitement becoming a reality all because of one man makes my entire being melt.

"Is this why you brought us here?" I ask to the left of me.

"Sort of." He pulls my hand to make me stand more to the right so that the lights are next to the right side of my face.

I'm facing his full body now as I look up at him and feel both of his hands holding mine, leaving me even more confused because he's being oddly sweet, as well as quiet.

What is going on? Is he going to kill me? Is that why he took me away from the group? He showed me something I've wanted to see since I was a little girl so that he could kill me! It's a nice way to show remorse though. I really need to stop watching those documentaries.

"Now you know I suckass at this shit," he says beforehand, and I scrunch my eyebrows at him at the sudden and confusing statement.

Sucks at what?

"What are you talking about?" I question with a confused smile.

"Alaiya, baby, you get on my nerves all the fucking time." He puts his hand on my cheek, and I don't know whether to be offended by the last part or scream because he just called me baby.

He called me baby!
Second one it is.

He calls me it a lot now, but I still have a heart malfunction each time the word rolls of the tip of his tongue.

"You're so sweet," I reply sarcastically, making him smile back at me.

"But I also love you with all my fucking being and I can't live without you, even when you piss me the hell off," he still finishes with an insult, but that was actually sweet so I don't feel offended.

Aww!
That may be the nicest thing he's ever said to me.

"Even though you never shut the fuck up sometimes-."

And he's back.

"-you will always be my first and only choice, and I swear there will be no one who will even come close to being as fucking perfect as you are for me."

My heart feels like after everything it's been through, it's finally been put back together by just the sound of his words. Heat has been spread all over my body and my oxygen has been knocked out completely without him even having to do anything physical.

I'm his first choice!

"You're fucking beautiful to me, and also to the fuckers who stare at you wherever we go," he adds at the end.

I laugh as tears have begun to fall down my eyes which I try and wipe away.

No they don't.

His hand goes inside his pocket and it returns with a velvet box. My eyes widen as wide as they ever have in my entire life instantly, and I think my soul just froze.

Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!

"Alaiya Edna Storm," he puts emphasis on my middle name, and I can't help but laugh again because of what he's about to do with more tears running down my face.

He gets down on one knee and opens the box to show a beautiful Diamond ring which looks to be probably around ten freaking carats and could buy all my belongings by itself. It's in a cushion shape and is sparkling with the stars shining on it as the green lights are still flowing downwards next to me and are reflecting into the jewel.

The water from my eyes isn't stopping because not only has no one ever done so thoughtful for me, but he also called me his first choice which are words I've waited my entire life to be felt and be called by someone.

I'm still in complete shock and feel like my feet are frozen to the ground while my heartbeat is heard beating out of my chest. Butterflies, the zoo, fireflies, whatever you want to call the party going on inside my body, are all leaving a trail as they run around and get me even more electrified from this moment than I already am.

"Will you ma-," he begins to ask the question I've dreamed of being asked since I was a little girl watching princess movies, but my bones are bursting with excitement so I answer before he can finish.

"Yes, yes, yes," I squeal as I fall into his arms and hug him tightly.

He laughs in surprise at my reaction as he sees how freaking thrilled and exhilarated I am, but that's just on the outside. He should see how my entire body on the inside is literally bursting.

I'M GOING TO MARRY ROMAN!
I'M GOING TO BE ALAIYA BLACKWOOD!

I pull away from the hug and kiss him with all my power and strength. He's the one to take
in a deep breath this time which is usually my reaction. He's also not able to hide his excited smile either while I'm stood up by his arms around my back, though the only thing really holding me up is kissing him with the use of every bone in my body.

Once he's stood up, his hand presses the back of my head to further push me into the kiss which I have absolutely no issue with considering I never want to stop. My hand does the same with his head as I hold him as close to me as I possibly can and take in every inch of his mouth.

I don't think I could ever explain the way I feel right now! There are absolutely no words, nor do I think the words even exist in any language.

We both pull away once we're completely out of breath, and the minute we do, we try to catch our breaths against each other's foreheads while still smiling out of joy.

The realization hits me that I'm going to be able to do this my entire life. I'm going to be able to wake up next to Roman every morning, and I'm going to be able to bug him whenever I want because he's stuck with me. That second part is on him just in case he decides to complain in the future.

"I love you," I say, though even those three words don't begin to describe my feelings for him.

"I love you so fucking much." He pushes a curl out of my face as he looks deeply into my eyes while still catching his breath.

~~~~

We finish watching the lights together which lasts a couple more minutes but my eyes the entire time can't look away from the ring now on my ring finger.

It looks so freaking pretty!

It's basically calling me by the sparkles blinding me, so how am I not supposed to look at it?

I don't know how I can even begin to pay back Roman for all that he's made me feel and done for me, but even if I ask him what I can do, he'd just reply with sex which again, no problem with.

We walk back over to the group once we're done watching the lights and they all look away from the sky before looking at us like they've been searching for him and I this entire time.

"There you are." Ivy sighs as she ushers to us. "You missed the lights just to have sex in the grass," she scolds.

My eyes widen because my grandparents and his dad are literally standing right there. She looks over and her mouth drops into an 'o' shape as her eyes connect with my grandparents.

"They're a very holy couple," she corrects with a smile, and my grandparents sarcastically nod in response.

"Did he curse?" Eldon asks me, so I'm guessing Roman had to rehearse that speech a couple of times with him.

"A little." I hold my fingers to a pinch.

"Congratulations." His dad smiles as he hugs me and I smile back at him gratefully. "Hurt her, and I'll kick your ass," he threatens pointedly at Roman.

Roman rolls his eyes at him as they hug as well.

"So what'd you think of the location?" my grandma asks as her arm is around my grandpa's back.

"I knew he didn't find out on his own." I look up at him while he smirks down at me.

"That's why we're here? Because of my dumbass who didn't know how to speak?" my grandpa asks in surprise.

My grandma nods with a laugh.

"Wait. Is that what she whispered to you the first time you guys met?" I question.

Both of them shrug obliviously, though that gives me my answer.

That's what she whispered about? She really knew that Roman and I would end up together and make it this far? She must be psychic because I didn't even see us tolerating each other for five minutes when I first met him.

"You knew we'd end up together even when he was being a jerk?" I point with my thumb back at Roman in shock as my grandma looks proud of herself.

"Says your stubborn ass," Roman fires back which was completely unnecessary.

I look back at him with a glare.

I am not that stubborn.
Why is he always calling me that?

"You know, you're just as stubborn as I am," I remind him.

He chokes on a laugh at that statement. "You argued about where a fucking store was when you were in it," he reminds me of a one-time mistake that was completely plain and innocent.

Is he ever going to let that go?

"I'm confused," Bethane says, and all our friends nod since they don't know what's going on and why my grandparents, Eldon, or Roman's dad are so excited.

"Roman proposed," I inform them, but am too into winning this argument that has never been finished to get a good look at their dropped jaws. "Says your stubborn butt which argued with me about how all the books I read are the same." I fold my arms at Roman.

"Because they are," he retorts, making my mouth drop with offense taken.

"You don't even read them, how would you know?" I ask since I've never even seen him pick up one of the books I've asked him to read.

"Because again, they're all the same," he repeats, and now he's just offending me on purpose.

"And throwing a ball around the field every round isn't the same thing," I poke at his weak spot, though he doesn't show any sign of weakness.

"I'm not arguing with someone about football who thought that the quarterback is the one who threw the quarter to see who would start the game first," he again repeats an innocent mistake of mine.

It made sense.

"I'm not talking to you." I hold my hand out as I turn my body back around to see everyone's speechless faces.

What?
Is there something on my face?

"You're what!" Sanchez exclaims.

Ohh!
I probably should've explained that first.

"Oh, Roman proposed a couple of minutes ago." I hold out my hand with my gorgeous ring on it, making all their jaws fall again.

A loud scream is heard all of a sudden, and we already know who that is by the highness of the pitch that nobody else can reach.

Rider jumps in Roman's arms and Roman doesn't even touch him as Rider hangs from him like a spider monkey.

"You're not going to be alone!" He hugs him tightly, and all of us can't help but break out laughing at the sight of Roman's uncomfortability.

"Get the fuck off me." Roman tries to shake him off, but Rider replies with a serious 'no' as he holds on for dear life.

"We're going to be related." Ivy jumps a hug on me and I laugh as I hug her back.

"I already have a Pinterest board for your wedding," Skyler states, and all the girls agree as they pull out their phones excitedly and I see they all have boards for my wedding. Even Iris.

I thought I only did that for them.

"Hand it over," Eldon demands towards Sanchez.

Sanchez sighs as he takes twenty bucks out of his wallet out of nowhere.

"What was that for?" Skyler questions.

"We had a bet to see if Roman would end up alone or not," Sanchez explains, and we all oh as Roman glares at them. "I just lost twenty bucks because of you," he scolds Roman.

"Speaking of," Rider releases from Roman's neck after five minutes. "Hand it over," he demands towards Legend.

"Fuck you," Legend states as he pulls out his wallet and hands Rider forty dollars over.

"You made the same bet?" Eldon asks at the coincidence.

"No, ours was if Sanchez was going to turn into a whipped ass for someone," Legend explains and everyone oh's again.

This time, Sanchez is the one to glare over at him.

"I am not a-," Sanchez begins to defend himself but then looks over at Skyler's nodding motion to see what he'll say next. His mouth shuts while trying to finish that sentence. "I don't need to explain myself to you," he says in disgust.

We all laugh as Skyler gives her famous 'That's what I thought' look.

"Iris, has Legend ever laughed with you?" Rider urgently asks, and Iris looks at him a little taken back.

"Yeah, he does it all...." She looks over at Legend's head shaking no which makes her stops her words. "...never." She shakes her head confusedly, but still following Legend's instructions though Rider already saw it.

"Hand it the fuck over," Roman demands.

Rider takes the forty dollars he just got and gives it to him in defeat with a mopey look on his face.

"Fine, Bethane, does Rider stop being such a loudass and turn into Roman sometimes?" Legend asks to get revenge.

Suddenly, Rider rushes over to Bethane and puts his hand over her mouth before she can comment anything on the subject.

"No, no I don't." He smiles embarrassedly.

I think that just gave us our answer.

***

Roman's POV

I'm still shocked she said yes!

She looked so fucking beautiful under the starlight that I almost lost track of what I was doing.

She's actually going to be my wife. The annoying-ass girl who I never thought I could even be around for longer than a second and knew how to push my buttons with her defensive words is actually going to be my wife.

Life is fucked up.

I had to rehearse how to say all that because even though I felt it and knew it was all true, I don't know how to say that kind of shit out loud. Eldon forced me to use flashcards and sprayed me with a fucking bottle every time I cursed. Hence why I broke that fucking bottle by throwing it against his thick skull after three sprays.

"Okay, but I could be a great actor," Rider points at himself as he's asking for Legend to get him a part. "I'm great at impersonations, watch."

He clears his throat as he prepares with his hands out. "Shut the fuck up." He lowers his voice and buffs out his chest.

"Roman," everyone guesses.

Rider nods with a 'correct'.

That sounded nothing like me.

"Or, y'all have a great day now, ya hear," Rider keeps his voice deep as he forces a country accent which is obviously my dad.

"Mr.Blackwood."

"I don't sound like that," my dad argues when he definitely does.

"I do not sound like that, ya hear," Rider brushes his accent up a little as he imitates again.

"When the hell have I ever said 'ya hear'?"

"A lot," Rider emphasizes.

I look over at Alaiya who's sitting on my lap and laughing at Rider's impersonations while looking at her ring every five seconds. I'm glad she likes it because holy shit was it hard to get it made as perfect as possible. I actually looked at fucking examples for two hours. That's how bad my whipped ass is.

I never even thought I would ever get married or have a girlfriend for that matter. My plan was to just focus on football and maybe fuck sometimes with anyone who didn't have strings attached. Now, I can't even imagine touching someone who isn't Alaiya because it makes me sick to my stomach. That one time at the bar when that girl touched me scarred me enough. I got rid of that shirt the minute we got back to her apartment.

"Okay, last one." Rider holds his hands out as he prepares. His face goes blank as he looks everywhere, but nowhere at the same time.

Legend.

"Legend," everyone says as Legend was in the process of trying to guess who it was.

"I don't look like that," he completely lies to himself because that's exactly how he looks all the time.

"Alaiya was in a couple of shows when she was little," her grandma points out.

Alaiya shakes her head no instantly.

"Show us!" Bethane excitedly exclaims.

"No, we don't have to," Alaiya rejects that idea immediately in a soft voice, but her grandma still pulls it up on her phone.

She finds the video of Alaiya when she was probably around six standing up on stage in a butterfly uniform with a headset on as everyone gathers around to watch it. Alaiya hides her face into my neck to hide from embarrassment, while I'm intrigued.

The video begins by her grandma pressing play.

"But Tom, I want her to stop being in a shell and be like me," her higher-pitched voice says, and everyone awe's at her while her face is bright red.

We watch the entire video of her performance and she keeps her head hidden while taking sneak peeks a couple of times.

"I have a video of Sanchez too and he-," Sanchez covers Skyler's mouth as she's about to pull something up on her phone.

He takes her phone and slides it to the other part of the room.

"I'm tired." He shoots up from his seat as his life fucking depends on it.

The TV begins to play suddenly from Skyler's phone and a video of Sanchez singing front and center on stage in a ladybug costume when he was probably eight or nine is shown, making us all instantly choke on a laugh.

"Because we need help, just like all of you do. And we'll fight for it because we know it's true," he rocks back on his feet as he sings his heart out on that stage.

We're never letting this go.

Right now, Sanchez is looking around the room to see where he slid Skyler's phone while everyone is hysterically laughing and awing at him. He finally finds her phone and shuts it off after it almost slips out of his hand. Right as he breathes out in relief, all our phones ding and we look at them to see Rider airdropping something to everyone. Sanchez accepts it on Skyler's phone as he takes a seat next to her, and a gif of him singing in that video while holding his heart is shown with subtitles that read "I have Pride."

A million more get sent as Rider creates more and more while laughing like a fucking madman. Sanchez and Rider shoot up at the same time, making our waves of laughter grow. Rider's scream is on full volume as he runs behind the counter, but a gasp and a sudden stop makes everyone freeze.

"I just posted it on my Instagram story!" He slaps his hand over his mouth as he realizes out loud.

"You did what!" Sanchez exclaims.

Rider quickly looks down at his phone and types something. Sanchez looks over his shoulder but Rider begins to walk away as he presses a few buttons on his phone.

"Okay, we're good." Rider holds his hand out while breathing out loud, letting Sanchez sigh in relief.

"Hashtag, 'LadybugsingingSanchez' is becoming very popular," Ivy laughs as she gets a notification.

Sanchez's eyes widen at Rider who's basically dying on his choked laugh but trying to hold it in.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," Sanchez threatens.

Rider lets out his annoying as fuck scream as he runs around the cabin while swinging his arms in circles.

How the hell is he a football player?

"He screams higher than a hyena," Alaiya's grandpa says in shock since he's not used to this, and we all nod as our ears are fucking breaking.

~~~~

"I'm hittin the hay." My dad stands up from the couch. "Have a nice night y'all, ya hea-," he's about to say, but stops himself as Rider shows a victory smirk while holding an ice pack to his red cheek.

At least they finally stopped fighting.

"Night," he corrects himself before going into the basement.

Everyone else makes their way to their own bedrooms as well, and Alaiya's grandparents tell us a final congratulations before heading off to sleep. I made sure her grandparents got the master bedroom and my dad did as well, while everyone else got the medium-sized ones.

We walk into the bedroom and look at the King-sized bed with a good amount of space. I also got Alaiya and me a room away from everyone not just because I didn't want anyone else to hear us, but also because I didn't want to hear any of them.

Alaiya and I both shower, and after she's done, she walks over to lay down next to me in the black silky pajamas which are basically see-through that I bought her. The shorts don't even reach up enough to cover the other half of her ass, and the shirt has a huge slit in the middle that shows off her fucking amazing chest perfectly. Every part of her body is sexy as hell, and I still to this day have not found one bad thing, nor do I think I ever will.

"I fucking love you," I say as I fall in love with her all over again, and she laughs as she lays down on her pillow.

"They're actually pretty comfortable." She looks down at the shirt.

I smile as I pull her by her ass closer to me as she helps move closer as well. Her leg lays over mine instantly before one arm goes around me and the other one down to my stomach.

I immediately know where this is going since over time we've developed a way of asking for sex. Mine is just to say it upfront, and hers is by touching me or sometimes saying it out loud if she's having one of her days. I'm just proud that she can say the word "sex" now and not think of it as a curse word. She'll still blush like fucking crazy, but she won't be afraid to say something back to me or make the first move sometimes.

In under five minutes, her shorts are already off and my gray sweatpants are as well, as is my shirt. I grab the condom which I made sure to put on the side table for this moment in particular and slide it on.

She kisses my lips until my fingers enter into her which makes her stop instantly as she smiles while catching the breath that got caught in her throat.

Her leg tightens around mine and her corners do as well as her hips begin to rock and thrust with my fingers.

"Fuck." Her head tilts back, and I get more turned on by just the softness of her curse.

I push faster once I know she's comfortable, and her hips sway faster as she breathes deeply against my mouth desperately. Her legs tighten even more around me, and I can tell she's about to have an orgasm by the way her hand grips onto my shoulders. I take that as my moment and remove my fingers right then to pull her in by her ass and push her right inside of me, making a silent and pleasurable gasp escape her lips.

Our bodies stay facing each other, and her breathless lungs still try to kiss me, but by the way her hips are pushing against my dick, I'm a little distracted.

"I need your help." The door out of fucking nowhere opens, and I've never been more glad that the lights are off.

Shit!

Alaiya quickly pulls the sheets over us, but I keep myself adjusted inside of her as Skyler is sort of seen walk further in with the small amount of light coming in from the window.

"I need to know if Sanchez wants to get married or not, but I also don't want to look too pushy," she explains her conflict and while she is, Alaiya unintentionally moves.

Fucking hell!
That's where I am. Hell.

I lay my head back down while she apologizes in a whispered tone as soon as she realizes what she did.

"Has he ever brought it up?" Alaiya asks Skyler as she apologetically kisses my forehead like it'll make it better, which it sort of does.

Sort of.

"Not really," Skyler replies a little disappointedly.

"Just fucking ask him," I groan my words since Alaiya won't stop moving.

"You're right," Skyler whines in defeat.

Could her advice time not be during the day or when I don't know, Alaiya and I aren't mid-fucking underneath these damn sheets?

"But-," Skyler begins again, making Alaiya forget everything that just happened and doing what? You already know it.

She's going to be the death of me. Literally.

♥ ★ ❦ ✱ ♥

A/N: This was a very long chapter but I didn't want to take anything out from before lol so I apologize.

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Word Count: 5064

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
11.8K 585 43
***FEATURED BY @storiesundiscovered (01/11/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @dangerouslove (05/08/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @NA (13/07/2022)*** Small town Frenc...
5.9K 302 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
859K 57.2K 37
[BxB] Alexander Smith has a love-hate relationship with trashy online novels, scoffing at the problematic main leads, clueless protagonists and the r...