Striking - Cedric Diggory

By bossbitchbitchboss

Amelia has always been a bit strange. She was almost placed in Ravenclaw for her brains but was instead put i... More

Cast + Playlist
Train
Sorted
Pancakes
Chosen
Pond
The first task
Hogsmade
The ball
The Second Task
The Third Task
The Diggory's Home
The Order
Meetings
Back to school
Dolores Umbridge
Fights
Dumbledore's Army
Dumbledore's army pt 2
Holidays
The Prophecy
Work?
Battle of Maplegrid Beach
Sad Christmas
The Astromony Tower
The Seven Potters
Bill and Fleur
The Battle of Hogwarts
FIGHT FOR YOU
Epilogue
Hi

The Maplegrid's home

3.3K 59 3
By bossbitchbitchboss

Amelia's eyes darted open and flicked around her room. Her room was very interesting the bright sage walls caused the room to have a sort of peaceful tone and there were plants everywhere. The plants were hanging on the walls and on the dressers in the girls room. Amelia was known for never letting plants die. No matter the time of the year her plants were always thriving.

Amelia however sat up and walked down the crooked steps of her home. Her home was smaller but it was nice and calm. She looked to her father who was eating a banana and reading the daily prophet. "Good morning dad!" Amelia said sitting down at the seat across from him. "Amelia when is the boy getting here?" her father asked putting down the daily prophet and giving the girl a serious look. "I'm all packed he should be getting here around lunch time!" Amelia said excitedly. She was extremely excited because she would be going to the Diggory's home for the rest of the summer. She hadn't seen Cedric and had been only keeping in touch with him through the post.

They had made arrangements with the floo network. Amelia's fireplace had not been hooked up to the floo network because Darlene and Bradley would both just apparate to the ministry. Darlene was currently cooking in the kitchen overhearing the conversation. "He's very welcome to stay for lunch!" She said and then waved her wand to make sure the eggs didn't burn. "I'll ask if he would like to once he gets here" Then Amelia's father sat up straight. "This is all very strange"

"Brad our daughter is growing up! That is something that we should be excited about!" Amelia's mother said and Amelia silently thanked her. Bradley had been a bit off since he found out that Cedric and Amelia were dating. He also didn't like the idea of Amelia leaving and staying at a teenage boys house. He didn't want somethings to happen to soon and Amelia being uncomfortable. He would for sure be having a talk with Cedric before Amelia left.

Darlene placed a plate of eggs in front of Amelia and Amelia quickly ate the eggs and then sat up and put her dishes in the sink. She still did have a couple chores she had to do each morning.

First she walked out the door of her house and swept the front deck of their home. She never minded this job because it gave her the opportunity to be able to listen to the morning waves and feel the warm sun on her skin.

After Amelia finished the job she had to make her ways to the small garden that was below the house. She had to pull the weeds and fertilize the plants that were there. She had to make sure the garden gnomes weren't messing up the garden. She saw a couple in it and picked it up and swung it around making it very dizzy and then tossing it towards the other side of the yard. This was because the gnomes would be so dizzy they wouldn't find their way back to the garden and then quietly leave the garden alone. She did this for a couple of minutes and then she had to do her one last job.

She walked along the beach on her home and picked up any trash that had washed up. There wasn't ever very much trash on the sand but she still had to make sure and then if there was any she would have to proper throwing it away.

Amelia then walked back inside and up towards her room. It was almost time for Cedric to come and pick her up. She got into the shower. She washed her hair with a strawberry scented shampoo and then washed her body with a lavender scented soap. She got out and quickly did a drying charm making her hair and body all dry in just a couple of seconds. She then slipped on some high waisted jeans and a white shirt with small cherries all over it. She looked in the mirror one last time and then walked down her steps once again into the living room.

A couple minutes later a sound echoed from the fireplace and Cedric came out of it a bit dirty and smiling. He ran over and hugged the girl and gave her a quick kiss. "I missed you so much how's summer been?" He asked. Amelia quickly handed him a tissue to wipe off his face and then responded "it's been so amazing I've went swimming everyday in the ocean and I've even used the bubble head charm to swim deep and watch the marine life swim around!" Cedric gave her a smile and then hugged her once again.

"Hello you must be Cedric!" Darlene walked out from to the kitchen with Bradley behind her. "Oh yes hi you must be Mr. and Mrs. Maplegrid!" Cedric said and then gave Darlene a hug. He walked up to Amelia's father and shook his hand. "Nice firm grip I like it!" Bradley said and then smacked Cedrics shoulder. "We would love for you to stay for lunch Cedric and then you guys can head back!" Darlene said smiling widely. "I'd love too!" Cedric said and then the four of them walked towards the table.

Darlene had cooked a special type of fish. There was also a side salad and a big cherry pie in the middle of the table for dessert. They all sat down and Cedric grabbed Amelia's hand and squeezed it. "Tell me Cedric how has your summer been?" Darlene asked sweetly. "I have been going with my father to the ministry a couple days a week to help him on his cases and then the other days I go to St. Mungo's with my mother to help her out there on anything she needs.

"Sounds like you were very busy this summer!" Darlene said and then Cedric blushed a little. "I cleared out my schedule though for this last week with Millie!" Cedric said smiling at the girl. "I'm very excited Cedric said that we are gonna go to a place right by his house that actually sells muggle sweets and so I wanna try those badly!" Amelia said excitedly. Cedric smiled at the girl as she spoke of her excitement.

"So where will Amelia be sleeping?" Bradley asked trying to sound intimidating. He already looked intimidating with his tall body and muscly arms. He looked like he could lift a car easily. Amelia could see Cedric had gulped. "She will be sleeping in the guest room" Cedric said his voice sounding nervous.

"Where is this guest room in your house?" Bradley asked and Cedric started to shake his leg up and down. Amelia gave her dad a look to stop talking. Bradley ignored the look and then looked again to Cedric. "It is right next to my parents room" Cedric said and Bradley leaned back in his chair feeling a bit better.

The rest of the lunch was a lot more light hearted. Amelia had ended up spilling her drink all over herself causing the three others to laugh as she struggled to clean the water off of her jeans. She luckily ended up getting her jeans dry and back to normal after her mother used charm quickly. They all ate the delicious cherry pie and then walked towards the fire place once again.

It was time to say goodbye. Amelia gave her parents a hug and a quick kiss. Cedric gave her mother another hug and her father a nice firm handshake. "Treat her good for me alright" Bradley said to Cedric who nodded his head "of course" he said and then joined Amelia at the fireplace.

They both then screamed "The Diggory residence" and then disappeared into a gulf of green flames.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 40 13
[BOOK THREE] With Voldemort at large, the whole wizarding world is on edge. With the murders of wizards and muggles alike every other day, the only s...
73.7K 2.2K 22
Thea is back for her second year at Hogwarts. Her and Draco are back together being best friends. Someone goes missing and new adventures await. Read...
110K 2.2K 128
❝𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈...❞ ❝ ...𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔❞ ~ Harry Potter's older sister + a man destined for death...? {ranked no.1 in #deadric} [OC x Ce...
47.1K 1.1K 17
A young girl named Y/n Everglade has been best friends with a boy named Draco Malfoy ever since they were little kids. When they go to Hogwarts thing...