Late Eighteen

Per Immaculate_twins

We really don't have to be part of the crowd all the time. You can be in the crowd but not part of it. Don't... Més

00| Prologue
01| Chapter One
02| Chapter two
03| Chapter three
04| Chapter four
05| Chapter five
06| Chapter six
07| Chapter seven
08| Chapter eight
09| Chapter nine
10| Chapter ten
11| Chapter eleven
12| Chapter twelve
13| Chapter thirteen
14| Chapter fourteen
15| Chapter fifteen
16| Chapter Sixteen
17| Chapter Seventeen
18| Chapter eighteen
19| Chapter nineteen
20| Chapter twenty
21| Chapter twenty one
22| Chapter twenty two
23| Chapter twenty three
24| Chapter twenty four
25| Chapter twenty five
26| Chapter twenty six
27| Chapter twenty seven
29| Chapter twenty nine
30| Chapter thirty
31| Chapter thirty one
32| Chapter thirty two
33| Chapter thirty three
34| Chapter thirty four
35| Chapter thirty five
36| Chapter thirty six
37| Chapter thirty seven
38| Chapter thirty eight
39| Chapter thirty nine
40| Chapter forty

28| Chapter twenty eight

101 47 8
Per Immaculate_twins

Hello guys, how're you doing? We're deeply sorry for the late update, please try to vote and comment more to motivate us. *Insert stressed emoji*

This chapter  is dedicated to  IYANUODOMADEHI for checking up on us, we love you!

Comment and tell us what you think about this chapter.

-

Ezekiel's POV (Point of view)

"To be honest with you, I really don't understand why you're getting so worked up over what happened." Facus snapped at me as I kept pacing around his room.

It's been two days now and I haven't heard much from Ruth. I kept calling her phone and sending her frequent texts, but all to no avail.

Friday night was one of the most stressful nights of my life, based on the fact that I had to go through series of mindless emotions within a span of three hours in just a day.

First, I had to throw myself into a furnace by confusing my feelings and moral standards between two disgusting barbies.
Secondly, I just had to get caught by my girlfriend before I had the chance to explain things to her.

What happened on Saturday night wasn't intentional.

I was forced.

"Guy, have you forgotten that that was the plan all along? You're acting all obsessed over a girl you don't even like." Facus yelled at me, throwing his hands into the air as if I was the worst friend he had ever had. "I know it was meant to be a game and you're supposed to pretend to like her but damn, you're acting too hard!"

Why is he so dumb to get this? That's the point! I'm acting all obsessed and depressed over her because she's not the naive girl I thought she was.

I like her now!

I shook my head in disagreement. "Not like this nah, definitely not like this. She doesn't deserve this, I was part of the reasons she even attended the party in the first place." I mumbled, flopping down on his bed and screaming into his pillow.

"Guy, make I ask you something abeg." He sat down beside me on the bed and turned towards me still maintaining eye contact. "Are you in love with this girl? Or have you forgotten that all this was supposed to be a dare? You were supposed to hang out with her for two weeks top and then break up with her."

He stopped and scoffed through his nose, gesturing towards his room and around nothing in particular too. "I mean, isn't that the point of all this ruckus you caused? Why are you now acting different as if you like her?"

Hearing his questions, I sat up straight, faceplanting my head into my hands in dejection.

He's wrong. I don't like her, I love her. I am not in love with her either, I really love her.

Come to think of it, the whole occurence of our relationship was meant to be a dare. Sadly, along the line, I guess I spent too much time knowing the real her that I obviously got sidetracked.

A sneer formed on Facus' face as he saw the dazed look on my face.

"A cat got your tongue?" He scoffed in disbelief. When you were having a threesome with those hot babes in the same house with your supposed 'girlfriend', you weren't aware that she was going to get caught?"

I finally had enough.

I spun towards him and grabbed him by his collar towards me. "Guy, free me nah. I already told you I was forced by those girls, plus I didn't even do anything with them— atleast not willingly. Besides, if your stupid self had just left me alone, then I definitely wouldn't be in this mess that I am now."

"I should free you abi? No problem." He said as he walked out of the room, banging the door after him.

I sighed as I ran my hands over my tired face.

To be sincere, I now understand why society critics judge you according to the nature of friends you have. Friends are like scissors, you either put them to good use to empower you, or they cut you.

Friends make you who you're sixty percent of the time because they define you.

I sighed again.

Where do I even start from at this point?

-

Ruth's POV (Point of view)

This past few days has been fast, and at the same time, hard.

Especially for a troubled feeedom-fighting teenager like me.

This is all my punishment for going against my parents orders. To say I'm embarrassed and highly disappointed in myself would be a huge understatement. I don't particularly blame my parents, they're just trying to look out for their rebellious daughter like any parent would.

The punishment isn't what hurts the most.

They put their trust in me, and I broke it like I always do.

That's what hurts the most.

That stupid feeling you get when people keep trying to make things positive around you, but instead you make them believe you're not enough. It leaves your heart burning and your mind never at peace.

It's been three whole days and it's been miserable.

I sigh, shaking off my thoughts as I grabbed my school bag and walked down the stairs. My dad and mom were sitted at the dining table, together with Zion and Zoe since they dressed up way before I did, munching on breakfast— fried eggs, bread, butter and tea.

I sighed again and dropped my bag besides me at the table. "Good morning Dad, good morning Mom." I greeted both of them, waving at my siblings simultaneously beside me.

Only dad replied.

I put my head down and started to eat my food.

After breakfast, Zion, Zoe and I started for the door, waiting on my mum to finish talking with dad and then drive us to school.

It's been like that for days— she driving us to and fro from school for the past three days. I doubt this sudden tradition is going to end soon, I have a feeling it's just the beginning of things I won't be ready for.

"Let's go." Mom muttered before walking past us to the door.

It took us twenty minutes to get to my school, curse Lagos traffic. After we got down from the car, I waved at mom but she only smiled at the twins.

Sometimes, I feel like I suffer for the mistakes of everyone. Hell, Zoe was the one who suggested the idea that we attend the party which I was strongly against at.

I don't get why I'm the only one suffering the consequences when we all did the deed.

She waved me over to the window of the car with a stake look on her face. "If you like, still continue to do rubbish with those boys you allow to touch you anyhow. After all, you're a prostitute, kuku act like ashewo nah."

I rushed to my class in tears.

Time passed and soon, break came. I walked beside Mike whom I had grown well accustomed with within three days, dragging my feet lazily across the corridor.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Micheal asked me, linking my upper forearm with his to keep me steady on my feet. "You should sit down, I'll get you something to eat."

"No, I'm fine, let's go—" I stopped my sentence once I saw Zeke standing in front of me, his hands in front of him with a sick nervous smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes and dragged Mike past him.

"Ruth please, listen to me. What happened on Saturday night isn't what you think it is." He grabbed my arm and pulled me back towards him much to my dismay and bubbling anger within me.

I snatched my arm away from him, the force making him stagger on his feet. "Well, you weren't what I thought either. Now, life isn't always fair, is it?"

"I still need to explain, just give me a chance to explain—" Continuous beeps resounded around the whole school, those type that indicated notification pop-ups.

I frowned as I brought out my phone. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ezekiel— not the Zeke that I used to know, Mike and a few students bring out their phone.

A video stared at me in the eyes.

I played it.

The scene started from Zeke walking up the stairs.

Everything seemed really clear as if whoever recorded it deliberately did it, and removed all sound while at it too.

Then come the two disgusting barbies. I saw then talking, it seemed as if they were arguing about something. Grace pulled him towards her and placed a kiss on his lips without his permission.

He pulled back to my greatest delight.

But then, she mumbled some words and Zeke pulled her towards himself, kissing her hard on the lips with his hands wandering round her body.

Willingly might I hard, and he seemed quite excited doing it.

I paused the video and looked up at Ezekiel, trying so hard to push the tears to the back of my eyes.

I'm definitely not going to cry over a guy I thought was the best for me.

"I-I-It was a mistake Ruth, please forgive me. They blackmailed me and I didn't have any other option but to do— that."

I didn't know what compelled me to slap him hard across his face. At that moment, it just seemed like the right thing to do.

"Stop making excuses for your foolishness!" I screamed at him in anger.

By now, people had begin to gather around us.  Nosy ass people who couldn't just mind their business, curious people who had come to find out if it was all true.

"R-Ruth, I swear I'm not lying to you, they blackmailed me!" I rolled my eyes and willed myself not to cry.

It would be a waste of time killing a piece of shit like him, especially in the presence of Juniors and my classmates.

I heard people's whispers around me, some judging, some disgusted, and some pitiful.

I knew their relationship wouldn't last, couple of the year my foot.

Chai, Ruth too don chop breakfast.

I told you love was fake!

I feel so bad for her, she's really a nice girl o.

She doesn't deserve this. First, she was raped at a party, and now she's getting cheated on by her first boyfriend.

That spiked my attention. I turned towards the owner of the voice with fear in my voice. "What did you just say?"

She quirked her brows up. "Oh, you didn't hear? Ezekiel told everyone you got raped back in the US, and that he's only dating you because he was dared to."

I turned to Ezekiel and glared at him with hatred on my face. "Is it true?"

"I-I- Ruth please—"

"Answer me you idiot!" I screamed at him.

"Yes." He muttered quietly that I barely even heard him.

I laughed and shook my head, feeling utmost anger pulsing through my veins.

I slapped him twice on both of his cheeks. "A  bastard, that's what you are."

I bumped past him, walking away with Mike hot on my heels.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

77.8K 11.4K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
822 69 40
Chelsea is a 23 year old young lady, who has been constantly body shamed, to the extent that she has almost loose her confidence and become depressed...
5.5K 1.2K 42
𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔... You walk into room 17 in the sickbay in search of your boyfriend. Much to your surprise and horror, you find him cheating...
179K 55.5K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...