Late Eighteen

By Immaculate_twins

We really don't have to be part of the crowd all the time. You can be in the crowd but not part of it. Don't... More

00| Prologue
01| Chapter One
02| Chapter two
03| Chapter three
04| Chapter four
05| Chapter five
06| Chapter six
07| Chapter seven
08| Chapter eight
09| Chapter nine
10| Chapter ten
11| Chapter eleven
12| Chapter twelve
13| Chapter thirteen
14| Chapter fourteen
15| Chapter fifteen
16| Chapter Sixteen
17| Chapter Seventeen
18| Chapter eighteen
19| Chapter nineteen
20| Chapter twenty
22| Chapter twenty two
23| Chapter twenty three
24| Chapter twenty four
25| Chapter twenty five
26| Chapter twenty six
27| Chapter twenty seven
28| Chapter twenty eight
29| Chapter twenty nine
30| Chapter thirty
31| Chapter thirty one
32| Chapter thirty two
33| Chapter thirty three
34| Chapter thirty four
35| Chapter thirty five
36| Chapter thirty six
37| Chapter thirty seven
38| Chapter thirty eight
39| Chapter thirty nine
40| Chapter forty

21| Chapter twenty one

108 49 3
By Immaculate_twins

We just got to the middle of the book sweethearts, please fasten your seatbelt for the bumpy ride. And please comment, we love reading your comments. Plus it makes updates faster! X.

-

"How did the date go?" Zoe asked immediately I walked into the house. I watched as she focused on the TV, a big bowl of popcorn on her lap, Zion not in sight.

I drop my shopping bags on the couch and she looked at me in awe, probably because of the name of the brands.

I ran my hands over my face, feeling utterly tired. "It was good, we went shopping, then had a fun time at the beach. Oh, he also asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. By the way, where's Zion?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. She chuckled and began searching through the bags, then frowning when she saw the receipt but only five outfits. "Zion should be inside somewhe— Wait, did you just say he asked you to be his girlfriend and you said yes?"

She squeaked, jumping up and down on the couch as she hit me with the pillows.

I smirked at her, "Was I supposed to say no?"

"No, I mean, you were supposed to say yes but I still can't believe it." She looked at me with awe in her eyes. What's so hard for her to believe, the fact that Zeke asked me to be his girlfriend or the part where I said yes? "I can't believe you have a boyfriend!"

"Well, you better believe it." I glared at her, packing my shopping bags and preparing to climb up the stairs.

Firstly, I need to remove this blood sucking outfit, wipe this itchy makeup off, have one of the best toe curling showers in my entire life, then sleep like I would never wake up. It wouldn't hurt laying like a log of wood, or maybe skipping church service to rest and prepare for school on Monday.

"Are you even listening to me?" Zoe shrieked. "I was talking to you and you were staring into space, nawa for you o."

I snapped my gaze at her, leaning on the barricade of the staircase. "What did you say?"

She hissed at me before clearing her throat rather dramatically. "Mrs. Henshaw dropped by, she wanted to check in on us. She asked of you but I told her you went out to get some stuff. She wanted to wait for you, but eventually she got tired and left."

I rolled my eyes, already halfway past the stairs. Mrs. Henshaw can wait, my sleep cannot. "Since that's it, goodnight Zoe."

"Wait, there's leftover rice in the kitchen for you if you're hungry. Mrs. Henshaw dropped some cooked items before she left, I forgot to mention that to you."

"Warm it and bring it to my room for me." I blew her a kiss at the top of the stairs. Or more like I touched my mouth and then waved. "Bring some pineapple juice too."

"I'm not your slave!" Zoe shrieked, throwing a mean glare at me from below the stairs.

"I know you love me, don't complain." I shouted from my room, immediately starting to regret it as an headache started to form.

I closed the door behind me, starting to peel my clothes off me.

"Unfortunately!"

-

It's Monday again.

There's two types of Mondays in this world. One kicks you out of fantasy, turns your brain cells upside down, and then brings you back into reality. The other makes you want to turn your genitals into a medium sized sausage roll.

Unfortunately or fortunately for me, I represent both. Sometimes I wonder why Mondays can't be replaced with Fridays. Friday comes first, then Monday follows at the end of the week.

Back to the matter at hand, we're at the bus stop preparing to catch one of those Moluwe buses to get to school, because obviously mum and dad took a car and we don't even have a driving license to drive the other one.

Zoe groaned beside me. "Why can't we just go back home and drive the other car? After all, you're eighteen so it isn't exactly illegal. Or we could call Mrs. Henshaw to come pick us up."

She sounded fed up and already tired. Honestly, we all are, standing and waiting for something that might not comes tires everyone out. We've been standing here for almost two hours, hoping and praying for one bus to pity and carry us.

It's now almost 9am and we haven't even see one, not to mention that we left the house before seven to save time.

But we were wrong.

Everytime we get a bus, someone's comes out of nowhere and pushes us to the side to climb in. Once, Zion was even able to get a seat, but we weren't fast enough to claim ours so he had to come down since no space was left.

I glared at her in anger. "Mrs. Henshaw is not our slave! She doesn't just run out of nowhere to come save us like an hero in shining armor. She also has a job, a life and children too." I snapped at her.

She knitted her eyebrows in defiance and I groaned. I swear, in my next life if God asks me if I want siblings, my answer would be a very fat 'no'. "Let's just call her, she might even just be preparing to go to work and you wouldn't even know."

I rolled my eyes. "Then call her then."

After the third ring, she picked up. I heard Zoe converse with it but I didn't pay any attention to her because I was too busy searching for another bus.

This time, I'll be the one doing the pushing.

Zoe hung up and turned to face us. "She's coming, turns out she's just leaving for work too." She gave me an 'I told you so' look and I rolled my eyes even though I was secretly happy.

"All we have to do is wait now." I muttered to a brooding Zion beside me. I seriously don't get why he's behaving like this. Normally, seeing him all tight lipped when he's always happy is strange.

I must have a talk with him when we come back from school.

Noted.

Five minutes later, we saw Mrs. Henshaw's car pulling up to the bus stop. We grabbed our bags and began to walk towards the direction of the car. I took the front seat, and Zoe and Zion took the back seats.

"Good morning ma." We greeted in unison. She smiled at us through the rearview mirror, already zipping down the highway.

"Good morning kids, did you sleep well?" We nodded our heads and the conversation ended like that.

We pulled up to the school compound just as first period finished. I searched the school gates to see if I would see a masquerade—in the form of my teacher—who would discipline us but I found none.

They must be busy with classes.

I sighed with happiness and turned to face Mrs. Henshaw. "Thank you for being us to school ma." She smiled at me—at us—and then proceeded to wave us away with her hands.

"Oh come on, it's nothing. You guys are like children to me and Rachel is my friend so why not?" Rachel is my mum's name. "Although, I think you should get to class now, you're already late. By the way, I spoke with your mum this morning and she says hi."

"I'll make sure to give her a call ma, have a good day."

Honestly, speaking with formality is so hard. You have to pause after every word to make sure you don't say the wrong thing, especially if you could just bypass all that nonsense and just speak like normal Nigerians.

We jumped down from the car and she zoomed off, leaving us to continue waving at her from the school gate.

Zion groaned. "Are we going to continue waving at her or just go to class? We're already late for God's sake!"

I blinked, already walking in the direction of my classroom, leaving Zion and Zoe to walk to theirs too. "I guess."

I dropped my bag on my seat, greeting some of my classmates in the process. Onome and Caroline walked majestically to meet me and I rolled my eyes at their drama overload.

I bet they're coming to my seat to gossip.

They slumped on a nearby chair next to me. "Where you go nah? " Onome asked.

"You better thank goodness those old teachers are doing one yeye meeting or they would have used you to catch cruise." Caroline added.

I rolled my eyes again. I seem to be rolling my eyes a lot this days and it's all because of this ones. "Let's leave that one alone jare, any latest news?"

"What news?" Onome asked.

"Oh come on Onome, you always have something to gossip, no be you?"

"You really dey break my heart Ruth. Are you trying to say I can't keep my mouth shut?"

"No offense o, but Ruth's not completely wrong, you can't keep your mouth shut." Caroline butted in, laughing loudly like an hyena.

"Whatever." She glared at us, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, I heard from—wait, it doesn't matter where I heard it from—but as I was saying, I heard that a new student is joining us today. Apparently, he lived in the US but he just wanted to finish his school here in Nigeria. Like, why would anyone in his or her right senses choose Nigeria over America?"

"He?" I twisted my nose.

"You must be kidding me!" Caroline shrieked. "A new student in SSS3 when we have only a few weeks before we write WAEC? His village people must be after him."

"Well, they say he's hot so—"

"Who are the 'they'?" I quirked my eyebrows at her.

"That doesn't matter. I heard he's joining us today anyway. He should be in the principal's office, you know, settling things." She waved her hands at me as if to tell me to ignore it. "You yourself you're not off the hook yet, why didn't you tell us you went on a date with Zeke? You made the whole school know before us!"

"The whole schools knows?" I shrieked. I buried my head in my hands just as the whole class got silent. I wanted to raise my head but I was beyond embarrassed to look in the eyes of any of my classmates.

No wonder I got knowing smirks this morning.

Oh God.

"Class, quiet!" Someone screamed. "You have a new student going you today. You all should better treat him right or we'll have serious problems, is that clear?"

It was then I looked up and I felt my smile slip away. I swear, I don't think I ever seen my eyes as big as it is right now.

No, it can't be him.

Holy shit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 117 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
90.3K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
576 165 21
The teenage period is usually not always easy. You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's like a moulding phase towards adulthood, which tends to b...
824 69 40
Chelsea is a 23 year old young lady, who has been constantly body shamed, to the extent that she has almost loose her confidence and become depressed...