Late Eighteen

By Immaculate_twins

We really don't have to be part of the crowd all the time. You can be in the crowd but not part of it. Don't... More

00| Prologue
01| Chapter One
02| Chapter two
03| Chapter three
04| Chapter four
05| Chapter five
06| Chapter six
07| Chapter seven
08| Chapter eight
09| Chapter nine
10| Chapter ten
11| Chapter eleven
12| Chapter twelve
13| Chapter thirteen
14| Chapter fourteen
15| Chapter fifteen
17| Chapter Seventeen
18| Chapter eighteen
19| Chapter nineteen
20| Chapter twenty
21| Chapter twenty one
22| Chapter twenty two
23| Chapter twenty three
24| Chapter twenty four
25| Chapter twenty five
26| Chapter twenty six
27| Chapter twenty seven
28| Chapter twenty eight
29| Chapter twenty nine
30| Chapter thirty
31| Chapter thirty one
32| Chapter thirty two
33| Chapter thirty three
34| Chapter thirty four
35| Chapter thirty five
36| Chapter thirty six
37| Chapter thirty seven
38| Chapter thirty eight
39| Chapter thirty nine
40| Chapter forty

16| Chapter Sixteen

149 48 3
By Immaculate_twins

Noise filled the hall as everyone was gisting with their friends about God knows what. No teacher was around of course, if not we would all be kneeling outside under the sun.

"Care to share what you all are talking about?" A voice boomed from the podium.

Immediately, all eyes turned towards the voice. Lo and behold, in flesh and blood stood Mr Ajayi our great principal.

In fact, every one held their breath. It's funny the type of effect this man has on all of us.

Even teachers tremble in his presence.

"Ok, since you all have gone dumb all of a sudden, I guess the morning assembly can commence." He broke the silence again.

♪♪♪

"Once you all can change your mentality, I think corruption in this country will be eradicated. It breaks my heart when I remember you guys are our future leaders. I don't even look forward to that 'future'." Mrs James, our Civic teacher rounded up her rigorous teaching.

More than half of her time was spent on her insulting us about our character and she criticizing us about why we can never make it in life.

We all grumbled back at her.

Imagine the big insult.

"You better shut the trash can you call mouths now!"  She thundered and tye whole class shivered with fear. For being a woman, she had an unusual thick voice that makes students almost urinate on their panties anytime she shouts.

She almost blinded a student while beating him with a cane just because he failed to put on plain white socks.

"Immediately I step out of your class, your civic notes should follow me because it is going to represent ten marks out of your CCA test since you guys refuse to write notes in school. This should serve as a lesson to you, miscreants." She hissed out the last part but I heard her because my seat was situated at the front row.

She packed her notes, eyed us for dramatic effect and walked out.

She could go to an audition for a ring and she'd surely win.

After hearing that, the class turned upside down. People who were not writing down their notes rushed up to borrow notes to copy into their own notes. The class captain, Dominic stood up to start gathering the notes.

"Dominic chill now, what's doing you?"

"Leave him o, make he dey form because his note is complete." Onome hissed, eyeing Dominic with her big eyes.

"Ode, you still get mouth to talk instead of you to concentrate on completing your note." Samson countered her, also giving her the stink eye.

You should have seen how fast Onome turned her head towards him. I saw another battle coming up, so I quickly pulled Onome back.

"Ignore  him. Hurry up with the note abeg." I begged her.

Dominic was running late and he was torn between obeying the teacher's orders and staying back so as not to get on his classmates black book.

I really felt for him that minute.

"Make una do fast na." I shouted at them.

"We hear you, shut up Ezekiel's wife."
Someone from the backseat shouted back.

What the hell?

The whole class erupted in laughter. I sat my ass down back on my seat embarrassed as fuck.

Funny enough, I didn't even deny it.

"Una kuku no get work for this class, na to dey put mouth for matter wey no concern una." Caroline snapped back at them.

"Dominic, if you know you want to die, wait for them and let me lose my 10 marks." She threatened, eyeing him evily to add effect to the threat.

Caroline ehn.

"See, after today I am not the class captain anymore. You guys should find some one else, I am leaving the in the next sixty seconds whether you like it or not."  Dominic said seriously.

Everyone quickly hurried up with their notes.

♪♪♪

"I swear, by the time I am done with him, he will be sorry he ever set his disgusting eyes on me." Onome rammbled on.

We've been on this case for twenty minutes now and I'm starting to get tired of her threatening Samson who of course isn't even here.

"Can we talk about something else, or better still eat our food in peace?" Cynthia snapped, voicing out my thoughts.

"Can't you guys see how the guy has been on my back since we resumed this term? I have to give it back to him hot."  Onome replied.

Sighing, I turned my eyes away from her and looked around the cafeteria till I spotted who I was looking for.
Immediately my eyes rested on him, he looked up from his food and our eyes met.

A wide smile spread across his beautiful face and men, I fell in love with him all over again.

I smiled back and he nodded for me to come over to his seat.

My eyes widened seeing he was admist his friends. Noticing my worry, he said something to them and I saw they all laughed and bumped him on his shoulders, then they stood up and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Girls, I dey come, Ezekiel just called me." I told my friends as I stood up.

"Ehn ehn, the talk that is on ground doesn't make sense abi?" Onome pouted.

Caroline looked up at me, battling her eyelashes at me.

"Kilo she e? (What is wrong with you)? Abeg free me jor." I playfully glared back at her.

Waving me off, she added. "Make sure you tell him to come and pay your bride price to us o."

"You get mouth, tell him that yourself." I threw back at her.

On getting to his table, I sat in front of him so I could turn my back to my friends because I knew if I sat facing them, I would be buried six feets down the ground of embarrassment.

"How are you?" He asked, poking my cheeks.

"I'm fine, how about you?"  I giggled.

He gave me a small smile that made my insides melt with joy and happiness. "Same, I couldn't stop thinking about you throughout the night."

My heart started beating erratically again. "Really?" I murmured lowly, biting my lower lip seductively.

His eyes flashed to my lips, then back to my eyes. I could read his emotions so clearly that I felt like I was openly reading an open book.

You could ask me how? That's because I know I have that same list look on my face and that tingly feeling in my eyes.

"Yes. I couldn't stop thinking about your lips, your eyes, that kiss we had back there on the field, just the two of us, alone."

He licked his full pink lips and I struggled to good back my moan.

"Me too." I could only but murmur, feeling flustered and hot already.

"You excited for our date?" He asked, ignoring the direction our intense talk was getting us too.

"Absolutely!" I semi shouted enthusiastically.

He broke out in a rich laugh.

Realizing what I had done, I quickly lowered my voice, replying in a more calmer tone. "I mean, of course. We could get to know each other and maybe know where this leads us too you know. That's if you feel the same of course. I-I mean—"

He laughed again.

"You think I wouldn't like to have a relationship with you?"

"I don't know." I murmured awkwardly, biting my lips again.

"Look aye." His soft voice commanded.

I refused, focusing my gaze on the plastic table as it seemed like the only attractive thing to focus on.

He groaned, "Ruth."

I looked up at him for a second too long. "Look into my eyes."

I finally looked up into his gentle eyes and I almost melted all over again.

God, help me, I'm going insane.

"I like you." He waited to see my reaction. "If I didn't like you, I wouldn't have asked you out on a date. So, don't think otherwise okay?

"Okay." I responded.

I cleared my throat.

"So, I was meaning to ask you if you would be going to the get together party tomorrow?" I asked him shyly.

Smiling, he picked up my hands that I didn't know I had on the table.

I don't know what set the butterflies in my stomach on full motion. Is it the way his thumbs are rubbing circles on my hands or what exactly?

No, it couldn't be.

"Will you be there?" He threw back my question at me.

"I'm still thinking about it and I just wanted to know if you'd be around, not that I am saying your presence will make me change my mind or anything, I just thought that—" I trailed off, looking away shyly.

Someone just please also me for rambling like an idiot.

Smiling, he turned my head towards him again. I tried looking down because I knew I was becoming a blushing mess.

"If you want me to come, I will come." He smirked.

"No, you don't have to—" I started
before he interrupted me.

"I want to. You also have to be there, okay?"

Blushing like an idiot, I nodded.

"I will see you tomorrow then?"  He asked me, a soft smile on his face as he intertwined our fingers.

"Of course!" I screamed inside of me.

Smiling widely, I nodded again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 1.3K 42
𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔... You walk into room 17 in the sickbay in search of your boyfriend. Much to your surprise and horror, you find him cheating...
5K 384 27
Divine Jackson is driven. She's always had people to take care of, and that list barely included herself. So, it was hard making any room for a man...
4.8K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
122K 25.4K 37
A Nigerian Teen-Fiction. Zaria Coker had every reason to be called perfect; Straight As, awesome friends, and a face that can make anyone bend to her...