Late Eighteen

By Immaculate_twins

We really don't have to be part of the crowd all the time. You can be in the crowd but not part of it. Don't... More

00| Prologue
01| Chapter One
02| Chapter two
03| Chapter three
04| Chapter four
05| Chapter five
06| Chapter six
07| Chapter seven
08| Chapter eight
09| Chapter nine
10| Chapter ten
11| Chapter eleven
12| Chapter twelve
13| Chapter thirteen
14| Chapter fourteen
16| Chapter Sixteen
17| Chapter Seventeen
18| Chapter eighteen
19| Chapter nineteen
20| Chapter twenty
21| Chapter twenty one
22| Chapter twenty two
23| Chapter twenty three
24| Chapter twenty four
25| Chapter twenty five
26| Chapter twenty six
27| Chapter twenty seven
28| Chapter twenty eight
29| Chapter twenty nine
30| Chapter thirty
31| Chapter thirty one
32| Chapter thirty two
33| Chapter thirty three
34| Chapter thirty four
35| Chapter thirty five
36| Chapter thirty six
37| Chapter thirty seven
38| Chapter thirty eight
39| Chapter thirty nine
40| Chapter forty

15| Chapter fifteen

136 51 3
By Immaculate_twins

1K guys! Atlast! We've been waiting for this for a very long time. Thank you so much guys, we love you.

Here's an early update, enjoy.

♪♪♪

"I told you I was going to finally know at my own God ordained time, didn't I? Now, look at you coming to beg me to help you, such prestige." Zoe blabbed and I scoffed. I finally told her about what had transpired between Zeke and I at school and she couldn't seem to shut up about it.

Egoistic chimpanzee.

I rolled my eyes. "Will you help me or not?"

"What were you talking about again sef? Help you do what?" She said, pretending as if she hadn't been hearing me talk all this while. I have practically told her up to ten freaking times, but it's as if she has earing issues.

Talk about deaf ears skills.

"Are you stupid or you're just pretending to be?" I asked, already frustrated and annoyed.

I saw a coy smile form on her face, before she quickly turned to the side to prevent me from seeing it.

This fucker! She's intentionally doing this to mess with my head.

"None. Now I suggest you act nicely before I chose not to even help you at all."

I pulled my hands up to slap her but I quickly put it back down.

Whoever said siblings, especially younger siblings, are cute made an expensive joke. Try having a bunch of little devils like mine and let's see if you'll be able to adapt to sleepless nights.

"Whatever." I muttered, rolling my eyes hard as I looked away from her. "Now do what I asked you to do."

"Ruth." Zoe called, laughing slightly. "I know you're excited about the date because you like the guy, but I suggest you postpone picking of clothes till tomorrow atleast."

"But the date is on Saturday! I need to pick and iron my outfit beforehand. What if it gets rumpled and I'm not able to wear it? Or what if one of mummy's disgusting soup stains it?" I shrieked.

Zoe only looked at me as if I was mentally derailed. She raked her eyes over my distorted face, twisted her mouth to an uncomfortable but funny angle, before finally hissing as she looked away.

"How will mummy's pot get into your room?" She quaked an eyebrow at me.

"For fucks sake, I don't know. You know how clumsy I am-"

She interrupted me. "Thank goodness we both agree on something." She mused, climbing away from me as I made to hit her.

"Shut up." I grumbled. "You know what I'll be doing next?" I asked her, smiling devilishly.

"With that scary smile on your face, I don't think I want to know. Thank you for asking though, I appreciate it."

"I'll slice your insides out, pick out your slimy intestines with my fingers, gurge out your eyes, and watch you eat it raw." I made scary vampire gestures with my hands, advancing towards her face.

She slapped them off.

"You know, what you just said reminds me of one scary movie I watched on Netflix. What's the title again o? I can't remember. Don't worry, when I remember, I'll tell you so you can watch it too-" She paused as she saw me looking at her. "What?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You weren't even scared? My main aim was to get you scared!" I shrieked, sounding annoyed and extremely childish than I would like to admit.

"Sorry, was I supposed to be scared?" Zoe chuckled, flipping her hair with her hands.

"You're no fun, just get out!" I pointed towards the direction of the door, my mouth forming into a pout.

Zoe rolled her eyes as she got off my bed, walking towards the door.

"Thanks for the polite request." She said sarcastically over her shoulder.

"You're welcome." I replied, snorting as loudly as I can. I watched her walk out slowly, banging the door on her way out.

"Stop banging my door you shit eater." I screamed behind her.

Her laugh echoed down the hall as she shouted back a response. "I love you."

"No offense sis but I hate you too." I murmured, biting my lips to stop myself from smiling.

The stupid siblings that I have.

Barely a minute later, a knock resounded on my door. I groaned and threw my covers away from me, throwing the door open.

"What?"

"Stop screaming and come downstairs, mum and dad wants to talk to us." Zoe replied, typing rapidly on her phone.

Only God knows who taught her how to type that fast. I could hardly type five words without deleting three out of it.

"Where is Zion?" I asked her, genuinely worried. "I haven't seen him all day."

"You saw him today Ruth." Zoe rolled her eyes, jumping down the stairs two at a time. "He's in his room. When I went to call him, he said he was coming."

"Aren't you worried about him?" I asked her, sitting comfortably on a two seater couch since mum and dad hadn't come down yet.

Imagine going to a birthday party and getting there even before the celebrant. That's how my parent are, they set a meeting, yet they're always the last set of people to come down the stairs.

African parents can never change. It's in their blood, the power of lateness.

"Of course I am, he's my twin for God's sake. I have tried to talk to him too, but anytime I get too close, he shuts me out and goes ballistic." Zoe complained, shutting her eyes tightly as if she wanted to cry.

Thank God I'm not a twin. It'd be devastating carrying the emotions of two persons in one heart.

"We should check up on him ourselves after this 'meeting'." I suggested, putting air quotes around my last word.

"Yeah." Zoe replied, wiping her hands under her eyes as she snuggled quietly.

We heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Mum and dad walked side by side, dad holding onto her waist and I smiled. Zion walked quietly behind them, his footsteps really quite, barely smiling with earbuds in his ears.

"Mum, dad, good afternoon." Zoe Andi greeted.

"Yeah, how're you?" She smiled. That kind of soft, loving smile a mother should have for her child.

"Fine ma." We replied as we watched both of them sit down on a couch.

Mum clapped both of her hands twice, getting our attention.

"Anyway, we called three of you here because we have an announcement to make." Dad began.

My heart began to beat against my chest.

"What is it dad?"

"Your dad and I is going on a business trip tomorrow morning," Mum dropped the bomb. "And I'm sorry if it's too coming late but we might have to stay there for a week or two?"

"What?" I squeaked. "But you own the company. For heavens sake, the company is yours!"

"So? Just because the company is ours doesn't meant we should leave the work for the employees alone." Mum explained. "Besides, it's a big deal we're going for and I-we-can't afford to lose it."

"So we will be alone for a week or two?" Zoe questioned.

"Not exactly, Mrs. Henshaw will be coming to check on you all from time to time. It's a good thing she agreed because I don't think I would be able to leave the three of you in a house alone without close supervision."

"Where are you traveling to?"

"Abuja first. After that, we'll be taking a flight to check on our second branch in Ondo."

I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"We are sorry kids." My dad said, squeezing Zoe's shoulder.

"It's okay, we understand."

This is good news! Of course we were pretending, we have to atleast show that we'll miss their company or they'll get suspicious.

A sharp atmosphere of quietness followed.

"Well, that is all, your mum and I will be upstairs if you need anything." They stood up, smiling at us again before walking up the stairs.

"Yes sir."

Immediately they disappeared down the hall, Zoe pierced my ears with her loud scream.

"You know what this means?"

"What?" I quirked an eyebrow.

"We can finally go to that party I've been telling you about, it's on Friday, next week."

"That is definitely not happening Zoe. Just because mummy trusted us to leave the house to us for a week doesn't mean we have to abuse that trust."

Zoe was quick to reply.

She must have prepared for this.

"But isn't this what you've always wanted? You've always wanted freedom even though it's for a day and you're just going to throw this opportunity away?"

"Didn't you hear what mummy said? Mrs. Henshaw will be around!"

"Not everytime though. Besides, the party is in the evening when she would have gone back home and she doesn't even have to know."

"I said no Zoe!" What if, somehow, mummy gets to know about it? Then we would be in deep shit. Honestly, that's not something I want since things are beginning to go fine.

"Please. Remember the freedom, the drinks, the dance and everything."

Also remember my experience the last time I went to a party.

"To top it all, you could invite Zeke too, I'm sure he'd love to come. You could use the opportunity to talk and get to know each other more." Zoe persisted.

I thought about it, she was right. We could use the opportunity to know each other well and talk about our next step as a couple, if we could be called that.

"Fine, I'll think about it."

I hope I don't regret this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 117 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
77.8K 11.4K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
48.9K 15.1K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
180K 55.5K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...