Late Eighteen

By Immaculate_twins

We really don't have to be part of the crowd all the time. You can be in the crowd but not part of it. Don't... More

00| Prologue
01| Chapter One
02| Chapter two
03| Chapter three
04| Chapter four
05| Chapter five
06| Chapter six
07| Chapter seven
08| Chapter eight
09| Chapter nine
10| Chapter ten
12| Chapter twelve
13| Chapter thirteen
14| Chapter fourteen
15| Chapter fifteen
16| Chapter Sixteen
17| Chapter Seventeen
18| Chapter eighteen
19| Chapter nineteen
20| Chapter twenty
21| Chapter twenty one
22| Chapter twenty two
23| Chapter twenty three
24| Chapter twenty four
25| Chapter twenty five
26| Chapter twenty six
27| Chapter twenty seven
28| Chapter twenty eight
29| Chapter twenty nine
30| Chapter thirty
31| Chapter thirty one
32| Chapter thirty two
33| Chapter thirty three
34| Chapter thirty four
35| Chapter thirty five
36| Chapter thirty six
37| Chapter thirty seven
38| Chapter thirty eight
39| Chapter thirty nine
40| Chapter forty

11| Chapter eleven

155 66 9
By Immaculate_twins

"Come on guys, let's have a little bit of fun." He tapped my legs open roughly. "Come on baby, open your legs for us."

Tears ran down my eyes as I calculated my faith. Is this how I'm going to end up? Am I going to live the rest of my life being a rape victim? So, all those stories I have heard of women and young girls being raped and maltreated were true?

"Oh God, please help me." I prayed silently. "If you're able to get me through this, I'll worship you all the days of my life. Infact, I'll start sleeping in the church if you want me to."

But it seemed like God had other plans.

What was I thinking? That an angel would miraculously fall from heaven to help me? It had happened to so many people, what made me think I could escape from it? I wasn't some special VIP case.

"Sweet girl, your body taste so good."

By this time, the ring leader, the one with the rotten teeth was already devouring my lips.

He smelt so bad that I wanted to vomit my guts out.

"Please leave me alone." I cried. "Somebody help me!"

He slapped me across my face, gripping my jaw with both hands. "You shout, I kill you, choose one."

He started to pull his pants down and my sob increased, tears pouring out of my eyes.

God, where are you?

My heartbeat stopped as a very painful feeling raked through my body. It hurt, it hurt so bad.

"Please stop." I said weakly.

"Keep quiet and open your legs bitch." One of them said, covering my mouth with his hands. I was so close to biting his hand, but I didn't. Maybe because I was afraid they would do worse than they were already doing to me.

They could kill me and abandon my body anywhere, no one would know. At least now, I'm assured that I'm still alive, nothing should happen to me.

Shebi they say if there's life, there's hope? We shall see.

All of them snickered at my pain. I didn't know which was funny, me being restricted and helpless or me being raped?

Stupid set of idiots, may God punish them and their godforsaken white community.

"Oh, look bro, she's so ugly I want to puke. It feels so nice watching this blacks beneath us, a really good feeling."

I had met racists before, many of them. Hell, even Emma and her friends were racists. But not even them could compare to this fools.

The mumu on top of me grunted as he poured his slimy liquid all over me. In my entire sixteen years of living, I had never seen a boy's chest, talk much of his—his— his thing.

This was all too much for me, I was still so young to experience this.

"Wouldn't want her getting pregnant, now would we?"

They laughed.

"Joe, you're up next." The idiot called out.

It continued like that until five of them had their full. I felt like an used baggage, I felt so used.

The funniest thing was that they left me there all alone, no treatments, no hospitality, nothing.

What was I expecting anyway? I would be so surprised if someone who raped me takes me to the hospital for treatment.

I found myself slipping away, the pain was just too much. Would I even have the chance to birth a child again? They might have destroyed my womb!

I couldn't take this, I just have to close my eyes.

"Ruth!" I heard someone's voice.

Justin's voice. The cute bartender I had talked to earlier today.

Someone grabbed my hand. "Ruth!"

I closed my eyes and suddenly, everything went blank.

"Ruth, wake up!" Someone shook me awake, but I was still so lost in my dream. Or nightmare sef.

Those eyes, I would never forget them. They were so lethal, so strong, no pity in them.

"Ruth!" Another person shook my shoulder.

And their hands. They were so rough I could feel myself split into two.

"Ruth!" The last person called and I jerked awake.

I looked around, scared that I was in their hands again.

"Thank God!" I heard Zoe's voice sigh in relief.

My family, they were all there; my mum, my dad, Zoe and Zion. They twins must have gone to call them because I knew their bedroom was at the other and they couldn't have heard my scream in their sleep.

"You were screaming in your sleep." Mum pointed out, pulling me into her arms.

Did I really scream that loud?

"And you were thrashing about too," Zoe paused, tears running down her eyes. "I was so scared. We were so scared."

I couldn't help but to look down. I hate feeling this this, like I'm some charity case or a fragile glass that needs extra care.

"I'm sorry." I muttered softly, my head still bent downwards.

Mum sighed.

Then all of a sudden, she broke down, an heavy sob escaping her. Zion and Zoe too broke down in tears. The only person not crying was Dad, I guess he was just trying to be strong for his family as a man.

"I have been a bad mother to you," She paused, sniffling loudly. "To all of you."

"Rachel!" Dad scolded.

"What? Leave me let me voice my pain." Mum shouted.

I kept quiet, I wasn't even in the best of mind to say anything. I was surprised at what she said, but sad that she was feeling unhappy because of that also, but a part of me didn't care.

The devil part of me felt like she should suffer and go through what she had made me pass through in her hands.

"We maltreated you Ruth. You're our daughter but we still maltreated you." Her eyes were swollen because of her tears, but still I kept quiet. "I'm so sorry."

Dad stood up on his feet. "Stop this nonsense right now before I lose my patience Rachel. What rubbish are you spilling from your mouth? You know damn well that we were just trying to protect her."

Mum got up too. "And you know damn well that our protection was going to the extreme. We were pushing her too hard Wale!"

This was already going too far. I was already expecting the drama to be by tomorrow but it seems like our parents were impatient.

I rolled my eyes. Abeg, I cannot kill myself.

"But we were doing our responsibility as parents!" Dad argued. By now, they were already up on each other's throats. Mum was bouncing on her heels as if she wanted to fight like Roman reigns in the ring.

It was so funny, I wanted to laugh my future away. What you see if you have theatric parents, drama everywhere.

"Mum, calm down." Zion begged from behind her.

Mum turned to him, her eyes narrowed.

Another wahala.

"Don't tell me to calm down, tell that to your father." She said angrily. "He's letting his pride take over him, that's very disheartening—"

"Rachel, mind your words." Dad warned, pointing his forefinger like he was cautioning her.

"Don't point your finger at me, do what you're supposed to do instead." Mum lashed out.

I sighed. The person with the nightmare is different, yet they're behaving like they're the one who were raped.

Nawa oo.

"Stop talking to me like that in front of our children!"

"It's you that should—" Mum began to talk again.

"The both of you should stop this instant!" Zoe stood up at them. "We should be looking for ways to stop Ruth's nightmare as a family, but here we are, arguing about mindless things."

Mum and Dad kept quiet at once.

I swear, if I loved this girl before, guess what? The love just increased. She knows how to out anyone in their place—big or small, tall or fat—virtually anyone!

"You're right. We should be talking as a family, not adding more problems." Mum apologized, looking remorseful.

Dad just stood there, looking at everywhere but my face.

"Thank God. Now everyone should sit down and talk this out."

Mum turned to me, holding my hands gently.

"Speak to us Ruth, what really happens in your nightmares?"

My throat ran dry. I wasn't ready to talk about it. Every time I thought about it sef, it usually led to an emotional breakdown.

I wasn't ready to talk.

"Mum, don't you think it's too early for that? I don't think she's ready yet." Zion persuaded.

Mum nodded and turned to address him. "But it has been two years already. If she's not ready now, when will she be?"

"Just give her some time, she's going through a lot right now."

Mum nodded again and looked into my eyes. "But at least tell us something, anything, so we know where to begin."

I cleared my throat. "I— I—" I stuttered, tears falling down my face.

"It's okay, we are here with you, no one would hurt you." Mum persuaded.

You were also here when I was raped, what did you do?

"They come in my nightmares—those disgusting men. They try to do things with me against my will, like it happened on that day. I would try to resist but they wouldn't leave me be. They're monsters mum, real monsters."

I broke down again.

"But this time, it was different. Their faces were different, all of them. I knew the face, it was—" I took a deep breathe.

"It was who?"

Ezekiel's face. Instead of the men, ezekiel's face was appearing to me in my dreams.

"No one."

Mum sighed, turning to face my dad. "Only one thing can help, I'm sure of that."

"What is it mum? Tell us." Zoe asked, hopeful.

"Therapy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 15.1K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
77.8K 11.4K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
179K 55.5K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...