Late Eighteen

By Immaculate_twins

We really don't have to be part of the crowd all the time. You can be in the crowd but not part of it. Don't... More

00| Prologue
01| Chapter One
02| Chapter two
03| Chapter three
04| Chapter four
05| Chapter five
06| Chapter six
07| Chapter seven
09| Chapter nine
10| Chapter ten
11| Chapter eleven
12| Chapter twelve
13| Chapter thirteen
14| Chapter fourteen
15| Chapter fifteen
16| Chapter Sixteen
17| Chapter Seventeen
18| Chapter eighteen
19| Chapter nineteen
20| Chapter twenty
21| Chapter twenty one
22| Chapter twenty two
23| Chapter twenty three
24| Chapter twenty four
25| Chapter twenty five
26| Chapter twenty six
27| Chapter twenty seven
28| Chapter twenty eight
29| Chapter twenty nine
30| Chapter thirty
31| Chapter thirty one
32| Chapter thirty two
33| Chapter thirty three
34| Chapter thirty four
35| Chapter thirty five
36| Chapter thirty six
37| Chapter thirty seven
38| Chapter thirty eight
39| Chapter thirty nine
40| Chapter forty

08| Chapter eight

182 80 17
By Immaculate_twins

It's already Monday again, my favorite day in the week, which also falls to be the day of my mathematics test.

Note the sarcasm.

Since the whole Zeke wahala on Saturday morning, I haven't heard from him. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm expecting anything from him, but at least he owes me an explanation for the reason he behaved that way.

My mum isn't taking it lightly either. She called the principal of my school to tell him to 'discipline' me whenever he sees a boy at a close radius distance from me.

I wasn't bothered though.

But the principal's answer had me shaking with laughter. He told my mum to stop being one of those parents who would do anything for their children to stay away from boys. He advised her not to let it get to the point where she would need a bodyguard for me—a female bodyguard of course—whenever I'm going to the toilet.

After he said that, he cut the call.

I laughed to the extent that even mum couldn't hold me back. It was nice seeing someone call her out on her wrongdoings.

She promised to withdraw me from my school, saying the principal was wayward and the school doesn't allow the safety of its students. I knew she was only bluffing, my dad would definitely not allow that.

But that's by the way. For now, I have less than twenty minutes to pack my books and face reality again. Reality in real sense meaning mathematics test.

"Bags outside," Mrs. Badmus called with her tiny voice. "It's time for your test, settle down."

I wonder why they'd allow a teacher to invigilate the subject she's teaching, but that's by the way. All the way, it works in my favor.

I could already see some of my classmates grinning in happiness. I knew why, Mrs. Badmus teaches maths but heaven know she's so soft and can hardly hurt a fly.

Well, soft Mrs. Badmus means soft mathematics test.

"Ruth!" Another one of my classmates called behind me. I groaned in anger, who put this one behind me now? "This test will be easy o. You know who Mrs. Badmus is, she's so gullible."

I glared at him. Trust a male to speak less sense, it's just like their hobby, their hobby to speak nonsense.

"Shut up Jare, bicycle mouth. Look at how you're speaking to someone old enough to be your mother, don't you have sense?"

"Shebi I was just playing with you, why are you now insulting me na?"

"Just keep quiet and face your front." I snapped at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Na wa o."

♦♦♦♦♦

Mathematics test is officially over. It wasn't even that difficult sef, just some common arithmetic problems and whatnot. But some people still found it difficult, most of them were copying right off from their partner's work, yet Mrs. Badmus said nothing.

I don't know whether the glasses she uses is just for fashion, or maybe something in it is blocking her from seeing, but she needs to be more strict or something. Anyway, cheaters will always be cheaters.

"Thank God it's only maths we have today, if not I'll just die in the exam Hall." Caroline complained as we walked out of the exam Hall together, with Onome by my side.

"Abeg, stop pretending Jor, you that I saw writing very fast on your answer sheet as if rapture would come tomorrow."

Onome hissed and walked faster. It was obvious she didn't do her test well, that's what's biting her.

Carolina frowned a little. "Nono, shey you did not do it well ni? You could have called me nah, I would have helped you."

"I could have called you, you would have helped me." Onome mocked in her voice. The way she was doing sef made her look like a big ugly chimpanzee. "Didn't I call you? You that told me not to disturb you."

I wanted to laugh out loud, but I knew that would only cause trouble, from Onome's side of course, because I know she would be accusing me of mocking her.

Caroline could only gape like a fish. "Oh... But it's not my fault nah, Mrs. Badmus was looking at me, I was just scared."

"Mrs. Badmus was looking at everyone, yet people still cheated." Onome screeched in anger. "You should know by now that her glasses doesn't work, not wearing it at all is even better than her wearing it. It's just useless."

Things were getting out of hand now, and I knew I had to butt in before something big happens.

Caroline sef couldn't say anything, she was just looking at a fuming Onome with a neutral expression.

"Okay guys, stop it now," I turned to look at Onome. "You shouldn't blame people for your failure when you you you could have avoided it by studying. Besides, you didn't completely fail, you're sure to get a B."

Onome's face was now on me, great. "But you know I want an A," She stopped to catch her breathe. "You know what, keep siding with her, I'm out of here sef."

With that, she stalked off, leaving us staring at her retreating figure behind.

"What just happened?" Caroline voiced out the question on my mind.

I shook my head. "I have no idea too."

Did Onome just walk out on us?

"But you were just telling her the truth, what right does she have to walk away like that?"

"Freedom of movement and speech Caro, she has the right to move when she wants to, I'm not restricting her from that."

She hit my hand.

"You know what I'm talking about nah, no need to act ignorant." No one said a thing for a minute. "She was really angry at us o."

I rolled my eyes. All this stupid best friend goals, that's the reason I don't have friends.

"Abeg, leave her, she'll talk to us when she's ready."

Caroline bit her lip in doubt and I rolled my eyes. I'm saying it again, anything that would make me want to have best friends, oya die by fire.

"Are you sure?" Her bottom lip quirked as if she was about to cry.

"I'm sure, now let's go home."

♦♦♦♦♦

Immediately I got home, Zoe was already at the door waiting for me. What's this one now? Abeg, if it's anything concerning mum, she should just count me out.

She grabbed my hand as soon as I walked inside.

"I want to ask you something." She mumbled, scratching her head.

"Stop scratching your head Jare, it's starting to annoy me." I snapped at her.

She recoiled at my outburst, looking at me with wide eyes. What's up with her that she can't even say it out?

Eventually, she cleared her throat and spoke up.

"When I got to school today, I heard some students talking, you know, the usual rumor stuff." I began to panic. This one she's nervous and all, it's starting to scare me.

The Zoe that I know isn't one to be scared or suddenly shy, she's everly bubbly. I can see that because she's my sister and no one knows her more than I do. Hell, not even my mum.

I allowed her to continue.

By now, I was starting to get anxious and excited in the bad way. I tapped my leg and waited for her to talk.

"Can you stop doing that? It's starting to annoy me too!" She snapped.

Well, here comes the Zoe that I know.

"Anyway, as I was saying, I found out that there is a party during the weekends, you know, after your tests and everything," She paused and I knew what was coming next. "I was wondering if you could co—"

"No!" I blurted immediately.

"No?" She shrieked. "You didn't even allow me to complete what I wanted to say!"

I rolled my eyes so hard it almost fell off. "I already know what you're asking for, and no, I won't do it." I said with finality.

She must be completely and utterly stupid if she thinks I'm going to accompany her to one useless party probably done in the slums. Not after what happened.

No, I can't do it.

"But Zion's coming too!"

I turned to her. "And how do you plan to go? Jump down the window?" I paused. "I thought you were wise but you're obviously dumb that I wonder if you're really my sister."

"Don't you think this is what you need? Space away from mum and her God damn rules?"

"If I needed space, I could get it myself, not in this manner you're presenting!" I shouted at her. Thank God our parents are not around, if not we would be in so much trouble.

"You're doing it again," She scoffed. "You're scared of mum, aren't you? No wonder they get to walk all over you, na wa for you o."

"I respect them, yes, but I'm not scared of them. They are our parents for God sake!" I took a deep breathe to control my anger. "And you're still young, find something to do with your future instead of going to stupid parties."

After that, I snatched my bag that I had dropped on the floor during our hot argument up.

Let's just pray I don't let it get cut.

"Ruth!" Zoe shouted behind me.

I ignored her.

This days, my life is beginning to look like something from a soap opera. I get into arguments, and in turn, I run away trying to avoid everyone.

"Ruth!" Zoe called again.

I hissed as I went upstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
90.3K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
24.1K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...