(Never) forget you

By animekpop_nerd

๐šƒ๐š˜๐š๐š˜๐š›๐š˜๐š”๐š’ ๐šก ๐š๐šŽ๐š–๐šŠ๐š•๐šŽ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š› {๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šž๐šœ๐šž๐šŠ๐š• ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š’๐š–๐šŽ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘... More

Aesthetic/main cast
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20: Him, her, the unforeseen

9

21 2 0
By animekpop_nerd

The next day, you returned home and were welcomed by Yui-san. The two of you still weren't on great terms, and since you didn't see each other much due to you going to school and her going to work, you hadn't had the time to talk.

However, today was a weekend, and neither of you had anywhere to go, so when you both sat at the kitchen table to eat, you decided to start a conversation.

"Y-Yui-san?" you asked, looking up at her, while anxiously bouncing your leg.

"Yes?" you could see she was surprised, but interested in what you had to say.

You took a deep breath in, putting your fork down. "I'm sorry for what I said that day. I didn't mean it to come off that harshly"

Yui-san smiled while letting out a relieved sigh. "It's okay, you were right. It's your dream, I have no right to meddle, but to only support you"

Your eyes widened. You had expected her to still be mad and keep the same attitude she had been having. But you were glad she changed her mind. "So, are we good?"

"Of course. Also, I'm sorry I only visited for a short while yesterday. They suddenly called me in at work and I couldn't decline"

"That's fine, it wasn't serious anyway."

A comfortable silence then fell between both of you as you continued eating.

***

The next days passed by quite peacefully. You spent most of them at home, watching TV, or just staring off into space. You were now on the bed in your room, scrolling through your phone, when you received a text.
Hitoshi Shinsou: Can I call you?
You: Sure

In no more than two seconds, your ringtone started going off.

Hitoshi Shinsou: Hey

You: Yo

Hitoshi Shinsou: Don't "yo" me. What happened at the festival?

You: Had an attack. But I'm fine now

Hitoshi Shinsou: Did that half and half guy do something to cause it?

You: No. It wasn't anything like that

Hitoshi Shinsou: Then what happened?

You: I don't really know, actually. I just... couldn't breathe. But I'm taking medicine so it's fine. How about you? How are you doing?

Hitoshi Shinsou: I called to see how you were, not to talk about me *sigh* I'm fine

You: You sure?

Hitoshi Shinsou: Yep

You: Come on. I saw the look on your face when you fought Midoriya.

Hitoshi Shinsou: ......

You: You know I love your quirk, right? And if you want to use it as a hero, then you can and you will. It doesn't matter what others think. As long as you are happy with what you are doing—

Hitoshi Shinsou: Y/n, back then, they said—

You: Who fucking cares about what they said?

Hitoshi Shinsou: Yeah, but—

You: You wanna be a hero?

Hitoshi Shinsou: Yeah, but—

You: Then you're going to be a hero. No excuses.

Hitoshi Shinsou: *sighs with a small smile* Thanks, Y/n

You: Hm

Hitoshi Shinsou: Hey, I gotta go, we'll talk later, alright?

You: Sure, take care

Hitoshi Shinsou: You too, bye.

***

As you entered the classroom, Todoroki looked at you and slowly nodded, to which you responded the same way.

The situation was still weird, and you weren't sure what was between the two of you, but you were glad he didn't pressure you with any questions about what you remembered.

"Here are the lists with the offers you got for internships." Aizawa announced after he entered the classroom. You noticed most of his bandages from the USJ incident were gone, for which your were glad. "Even if you didn't get any, you will still participate, so don't worry. Today you will also be picking hero names, but Midnight is the one to handle that."

Most of you were handed papers with the names of the heroes who wanted to intern with you.

You looked down at yours, reading every single name that was written. Most of them were heroes you had barely heard of, except a very familiar one.

Endeavour.

You narrowed your eyes and read the name a few more times, to make sure you weren't mistaken. It really was him.

He wanted you as an intern. But why would he?

While you did have a quirk that wasn't very common, you didn't possess any special abilities or anything like that.

You looked down at the paper again. Even though you found Endeavour quite arrogant, he was the number 2 hero, and he offered you to intern with him. You couldn't miss the opportunity.

"Hello there! Ready to pick some names?" you raised your head as Midnight entered the classroom while Aizawa went to sleep in a corner.

Putting the internship paper down, you took the board Midnight handed you, on which you were supposed to write your hero name.

It was harder than you thought it would be. It was the name everyone would know you as. It was supposed to be creative, not stupid, while giving a hint to what your ability was.

You softly hit yourself in the head with the board, trying to think.

A couple of minutes later, Midnight asked all of you to come to the front and present what you had come up with.

Everyone had creative names, matching their quirks and personalities. There was "red riot", "froppy", and your personal favourite, "king explosion murder" -which almost made you choke from laughter- but was unfortunately declined by Midnight.

You were then asked to step forward. You hesitated at first, looking at the name you had come up with. It was the only thing that came to mind when you thought about your quirk. It was short, straight to the point.

As you reached the front of the classroom, you turned your board and showed the name you had come up with.

"Flash"

There was a moment of silence. You were about to start explaining why you had chosen it, when Midnight made an understanding sound.

"Oooooh, because you look like a flash when you teleport! Cool!"

You nodded, glad that you didn't have to elaborate any further, and walked back to your seat.

Now, your attention was fixated on the internship paper. You read through it one more time, just to make sure you didn't miss the name of any hero you might've been interested in.

As the name-showing was finished, you made your decision. You turned back and looked at Todoroki.

"Hey, are you doing your internship with Endeavour?"

He lifted his head up, looking at you. "Most likely. He is the number 2 hero after all. Why?"

"I'll be there too" you said, giving him a small smile, and then turned back to face the front of the classroom and started packing your bags, with a small smile on your face.

Todoroki stared at your back for a few seconds, before humming in response.

***

You walked out of your favourite ice cream shop, holding a cone in your hand.

You hadn't had a sweet in some time, and it was just what you needed.

While walking home, you passed by a park, and since it was still early, decided to sit down on a bench for a while.

You were pretty sure you had never gone there before. Maybe passed by a couple of times, but that was it.

As you were looking at the playground who still had a few children playing on the swings or in the sand, you couldn't help but get a nostalgic feeling.

You saw two kids, a girl and a boy, building a sand castle. The girl was laughing because of something, while the boy was watching her with a sparkle in his eyes.

A smile formed on your face as you looked at them, that longing feeling of a childhood you barely remembered having making its way in your mind.

Suddenly, you felt the presence of another person around. You turned your head to the right, only to meet Todoroki walking to the bench you sat on, looking just as surprised.

"Hi" he said, waving a little.

"Oh, hi." You waved back, still eating your ice cream.

He looked down at the space next to you and pointed at it. "Can I sit here?"

"Sure" you nodded, turning your gaze back to the playground.

A few silent minutes passed, neither of you able to come up with a good topic of conversation, so just sitting and watching the sun go down.

"So, I guess we'll see each other at the internship, huh" you said, sensing the awkward atmosphere that was forming.

"Yeah" Todoroki responded.

You glanced at him. He was looking straight ahead, his usual expression now a little softer. His hands were in his lap, clasped together, one of his thumbs tapping the other.

You tried looking at the same thing he was looking at, and saw the two kids playing in the sand. The boy was now being dragged away by his mother, who was slightly scolding him, while the girl waved goodbye.

"Do you like ice cream?" you turned your head in Todoroki's direction once again. He was now looking at the cone in your hand.

You looked down at it as well. "Yes. Do you?"

He paused for a few seconds. "Not really. I like soba better" he said, his gaze returning to the playground.

You let out a chuckle. "But soba doesn't have much to do with sweets, does it?"

"I guess not" Todoroki responded.

"Do you come here often?" you asked after you finished your ice cream.

He was now leaning forward, his elbows resting on his knees. From the position you were in -your back against the back of the bench- you could see his hair slightly moving from the breeze.

You thought it looked really cool. The white colour representing ice, and the red, fire.

It made you think about the sports festival. How it took so much for him to use his fire quirk. The expression on his face when he realized he had given in.

He rarely showed emotion, but his eyes always gave away what he was feeling.

"Yes. It helps me clear my head." Todoroki responded after letting out a sigh.

You hummed, leaning your head back and looking at the sky. "I see. It is quite peaceful"

Todoroki turned his head to look at you. His expression was sad, in a longing sort of way. Like he wanted something to happen so badly, but it wasn't -and that was awakening a sick feeling in his stomach. "It's the park we used to meet in. That's why I like it."

At that, you looked at him, your eyes wide. "Wait, really?"

You looked at the park again. For a couple of seconds, your eyes scanned each corner, each swing, the sand, the slides, the few trees surrounding the area.

"Yes" Todoroki responded, now leaning back as well, still looking at you. "Do you remember it?"

You slightly frowned, while looking down at your hands in your lap and shaking your head. "Not really."

Another sigh escaped Todoroki's lips as the corners of his mouth slightly lifted. "That's okay. We used to play over there; mostly in the sand" he said, pointing at the centre of the playground, where the little boy and girl played until a little earlier.

"Hmm... I see" you nodded.

The sun was now gone. The sky had a navy colour, almost completely black. The city lights were on, making the atmosphere not as dark and scary.

You got up from the bench and stretched a little before glancing at Todoroki.

"It's getting late. I have to get going. Thanks for keeping me company" you said as you picked your bag as well.

He nodded. "No problem. Goodnight"

"Goodnight"

***

Back at the hospital, you had cried a little. Told Shouto that you remembered what he was telling you.

But you didn't. He knew those tears confused you as much as they confused him.

He knew you had no idea why they were falling, or what he was talking about.

He didn't resent you for it though. Because those few tears you had shed gave him the reassurance that -deep inside your heart somewhere- you knew what he was talking about.

Making your mind know as well would be a hard task though.

Shouto was aware of that.

But he wanted to make you remember. For his sake, and for yours as well.

Because when he saw you crying, the confusion he saw in your eyes was mixed with sadness and regret. Regret at the realization that you indeed had no idea why you were crying.

Shouto didn't know why it had seemed so hard for you to accept it -that you didn't remember. But he wanted to bring those memories back to you -those memories that brought him so much happiness. He wanted you to feel like that as well.

How to actually do it was a harder task though.

***

A/n: this chapter was more of a filler, but also not really, since Y/n's hero name was picked.
By the way, I hope you like the name I came up with. I feel like it suits her and her quirk, and it was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking of her using it.
Of course, if you'd like another one, feel free to use it as your hero name, but I felt like I had to chose a name for her since everyone in class 1A has one:))
-D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 7.8K 42
๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ. ๐˜Œ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ณ. ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 39.4K 150
๐šˆ/๐™ฝ ๐š๐šŠ๐š’. ๐™ฐ๐š— ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐šŠ๐š— ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šš๐šž๐š’๐š›๐š”. ๐™ต๐š˜๐š•๐š•๐š˜๐š  ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ๐š“๐š˜๐šž๐š›๐š—๐šŽ๐šข ๐š๐š‘๐š›๐š˜๐šž๐š๐š‘...
3.2K 210 13
ยซ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™”/๐™‰ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ค๐™™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ค๐™ ๐™ž ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ ๐™ž๐™™๐™ฃ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™™, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ก๐™š๐™›๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™˜๐™๐™ค๏ฟฝ...
281K 8.3K 27
โ๐—ฌ/๐—ป ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฝ ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ.โž โ๐—”๐—ป๐˜†๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ต๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐—ผ!โž ...