7

You leaned back in the chair you were sitting in.

The third round had started. You had to fight fourth, so until then, you went to the stands. A few seats behind you sat Mina, Denki and Kaminari.

They had offered you to sit next to them, but you refused. You wanted to pay close attention to each fight, without any distraction.

Now, in front of you were Midoriya and Shinsou.

While the match was unfolding, you heard a bit of the conversation they were having. Shinsou was telling Midoriya about how he had it easier, having a good quirk and all, while his quirk was mind-control, something one would think belonged to a villain.

You sighed, thinking about the number of times you had told him he could be a hero in spite of what other people said. The fact that he didn't get into the hero course had probably lowered his self-esteem, but he was still determined to transfer, so you were praying for him.

Then came Todoroki against Sero. You couldn't help but smile a little as you saw him using one of the hand-to-hand combat moves you had taught him in those two weeks of training.

After the battle between Denki and Ibara from 1B ended as well, as Todoroki was making his way to the stands, you sat up, ready to go to your fight with Iida.

When you and Todoroki crossed paths on the stairs, he gave you a quick nod. You smiled, knowing that was his way of saying good luck, which you appreciated.

Fighting Iida was as easy as it could be.

He wasn't weak, but all you needed to do was get him to come for you, and then you could stop time and -in those 3 seconds you were now comfortable with- knock him out.

The crowd wasn't too happy with the uninteresting fight, but there wasn't much you could do.

When you went back to the stands as the next fight began, you saw Todoroki two seats next to where you sat before.

You didn't mind, and plopped yourself in the seat.

You gave a side glance to Todoroki, who seemed concentrated on the arena, oblivious to anything around him.

During Bakugou and Uraraka's match, Todoroki sat up and made his way to the arena, even though it was a little early. You didn't think much of it though.

After it finished, the match between him and Midoriya came. You were excited to see it, for many reasons.

Something in you told you that this fight would bring some sort of change. That it was something more than just a fight.

***

Todoroki looked in Midoriyas eyes, a stern look on his face.

"My old man is Endeavour, who has been the number 2 hero for forever. So, if you really are linked to All Might, then the more reasons I have to beat you" he said, his eyes not leaving Midoriya's.

It was just before their match.

Bakugou and Uraraka were still fighting outside the tunnel the two were in.

Midoriya finally understood why Todoroki had called him there right before they had to fight. He couldn't tell his classmate anything though. All Might had told him to keep it a secret.

"When my mother poured that boiling water on my face," he began, slowly touching the scar on his left eye, "I understood that to prove Endeavour wrong, I will fight -and win- without using his power."

Midoriya didn't quite know how to respond to that. Todoroki's past had been mentioned once or twice, but he never gave it much thought. However, things were a little clearer now.