10

It was weird; travelling by yourself. Well, not exactly travelling, since you weren't going that far away, but leaving home to go stay in another place was new.

Endeavour's agency was on the other side of the city, so you had to take a train to get there. Todoroki had messaged you the night before to let you know that both of you would be staying at the agency with the other interns.

As you arrived, you looked at the extremely tall building for a while, amazed by how big it was.

"Hello" you heard Todoroki's voice from behind.

"Hi." You said, still admiring the building, sort of overwhelmed by its size. "Quite big, isn't it?"

"Yes." He nodded, and then signalled you to follow him. "Let's go. Endeavour wants to know more about your quirk before training starts"

You followed Todoroki inside the building. After passing a few corridors, he took you to a very big room, where you saw other people train, the number 2 hero watching them from a corner.

"Hello Y/n." he said as his gaze fell on you.

You couldn't explain why, but each time you saw the man, a weird feeling crept up in your chest.

"Hello" you said, looking him straight in the eye with a neutral expression.

"I'm glad you chose to intern with me. I will make sure you will go back home much stronger" he then glanced at the other interns for a few moments, before looking down at you again.

"Before training though, tell me more about your quirk." He added. "Shouto, you can go."

Todoroki shook his head. "I want to hear more about her quirk too, so I'm staying"

Endeavour's eyes went back and fourth between the two of you for a while.

"What would you like to know?" you asked.

"The basics. I've never seen something involving time before"

You glanced behind you at Todoroki, who had his hands crossed in front of his chest and was staring his father right in the eye, making some type of silent communication you couldn't quite decipher.

"Well, as you know, my quirk can stop time." You began, "While that happens, I can move freely, while also being able to move other people or objects. That way, I can fight back before the enemy realizes, and be at an advantage. However, using it drains more of my stamina than other quirks do, so I have to be careful how many times I use it."

Endeavour nodded. "I see. You will practise the amount of time you stop time for, but for now you can start with some of the weights and machines. Tomorrow we will go for a patrol with the other interns as well so you can see how to interact with fans and resolve minor crimes if needed. Shouto—

"I'll go to the weights too." Todoroki said before starting to walk to one of the machines, you following him.

***

The first day was more exhausting than you would've expected. You had never gone to a gym before, using things you found around the house as weights.

All those machines Endeavour had were very confusing, and just figuring out how each worked took you at least 10 minutes.

Once evening finally came, the other interns started either going home or to get food, leaving you and Todoroki almost alone.

You were now sitting in the middle of the room, trying to catch your breath before asking Todoroki where your room was. After a few minutes, you noticed someone sit next to you, and when you looked up, you saw him.