The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 27: Act like it
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 34: She's Gone
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 36: Fate
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 56: What If
Chapter 57: Remember
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 5: The Knock

1.7K 51 37
By vanillasunlight

Mikasa's POV

I have waited days for Eren but I don't mind if it's for him.

"Mikasa. You sure are so fond of Eren now." My dad laughs as he tried to get my attention.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I ate my meals. I unknowingly smiled at the thought.

Yes, Eren is someone I want to see everyday.

"But don't worry. They'll come again. Of course, Dr. Jaeger will be here for your Mom." My Dad smiles.

I hope it won't come to a point where Eren will stop coming over.

"I will show Eren the doll I made. It's finally done." I beamed happily as my mother added more food on my plate.

It was that day where they have to come but no one arrived. The sun was almost setting when I didn't even get a glimpse of their shadow. I got sad. I guess I have to wait for another month for him.

"Oh don't worry about me darling. I'm sure Dr. Jaeger has reasons." My mom smiles at my Dad as the two talked. I was silent the whole time.

I hate to admit but I miss playing with Eren.

"Mikasa? You didn't touch your food are you okay?" My dad asks worried but I just looked down.

"I am full father. I'm just a little sleepy already." I excused. I don't want them to worry about me when the truth is..

I just miss Eren.

I stared blankly outside as the dark illuminated on the background and sighed.

I looked at my Eren doll beside my doll and punch it lightly.

"I hate you." I felt my eyes were down as I stared at it.

A tear escaped from my eyes, tired of waiting if he will be coming around. Maybe he will come again next time? I wiped away the tears from my eyes and let myself sleep.

The next month arrived swiftly and I found myself waiting again at the usual time they will arrive but as the time goes, no one still came.

I am losing the faith I have left for him.

With a heavy heart, I went inside our house and locked myself in my room.

2 months had passed and I still didn't get any sign of Dr. Jaeger or Eren.

Where are they? 

The thought of something bad happened to the two of them can't get off my mind. I stared at the Eren doll again and could no longer suppress the  tears to come out of my eyes.

"I wish you were here." I whispered.

I wish he knows I miss him a little more...each day.

"Good morning darling. How was your sleep?" Mom greets me as I slowly descended down the stairs.

"Good morning mom. It was fine." I smiled slowly at her as she poured some milk on my glass.

"Let's eat." My father motioned me towards the table and I nodded.

We ate there in silence as a knock on the door startled us.

My eyes went wide. Could it be Dr. Jaeger and Eren is here now? My eyes sparkled in joy.

"Ahh it's probably Dr. Jaeger now." My dad smiles as he made his way slowly to the main door.

My mon smiled at me and I beamed at her. Finally!

"Dr. Jaeger this is surprising..."I heard my Dad say those words but got cut off.

I looked at by the main door and saw him slowly fall to the ground.

My eyes widened in horror as me and my mother witnessed my father drenched in blood on the floor where he laid down. Eyes open.

"Mikasa...When I count to 3, run." My mother coldly says as he reached out for a scissor next to me.

"1.....2....3"

She yelled as she suddenly charge her way running towards the civilians, trespassers and the ones who killed my father while I was in deep shock I couldn't move.

"Mom..." I called but she was fighting back the armed men.

She looked at me immediately and shouted.

"MIKASAAAA! RUNNN! NOW!!!" She shouted as she slowly got defeated by the strong man.

I gulped as a tear escaped my eyes and I tried to run away. My knees are weak but I ran as tears kept on falling from my eyes. I needed to get away from here and look for help. I needed someone to help and save my mom.

I was about to go out to the fire exit when someone grabbed me making me pull back.

"Where do you think you're going little Ackerman?!" A bald guy with huge body figure got me and I screamed in pain as he pulled my hair.

"I found it. This girl is hella quick she could've made it outside haha!" The guy who held me says as he forced me to go back to the dining area.

"Let me gooooooo!" I cried in pain as his grip tightened. I tried so hard to pull back but the guy was so strong.

I looked at everywhere and found my mom and dad laying on the floor with blood. I stopped wailing. My eyes couldn't believe what I saw.

My mom had a knife stuck on her stomach. I cried and angrily punched the guy as he put me down and tied me.

"You killer! You killed my family!! You are murderer!!!" I cried in pain as they even stomped at my father's body.

"No please don't. Please." I pleaded but they didn't stop.

The guy successfully tied me to the chair as I felt weak looking at the corpses of my mother and father laying on the floor covered with blood.

I couldn't take it. I didn't know what to feel. All I know is I want the people who did this dead.

"What shall we do to the girl?"

There were three of them. They wore a mask just covering their face but not their hair. Still, they can't be recognized.

Someone pulled a small machine in his pocket and it made a sound.

"Yes. We had killed the ones we're after Sir. But a child is here. Shall we kill her too or bring her to you?" The other one said.

I looked down. Crying. This is happening today of all time. I thought it was them but no. The world must really is full of bad people.

"Okay Sir. We got it." He hanged up and put the machine on his picket.

I was still in utter shock as I stared at my surroundings.

"We're bringing her with us." The guy says and just as he was about to come to me, his comrades suddenly fell down.

I stared in shock. Deaths. Everyone. I kept on staring people dying in front of me.

"How dare you do this to Mikasaaa!" I heard a familiar voice and I cried.

It was Eren. He came. He really came.

"What the?! How dare you little scum kill my men!" The guy who tied me screamed as he charged towards Eren.

He choked his throat and Eren struggles to get away.

"H-Help..me..." Eren breaths heavily as the muscled man chokes him.

I was tied I couldn't do anything. I was afraid for him. I cried. I can't watch him get hurt by this.

"Freeze!!" A booming voice suddenly came as the policemen surrounded the place.

"Lower down your weapons or this boy shall die in front of you." The muscled man says as he threatened to kill Eren flashing the knife he has in hand.

"Nooo! Save my son!" Dr. Jaeger screamed in panic as the knife kept on getting closer and closer to Eren's throat.

"Nooooo! Save Erennn!" I yelled and I heard a gunshot followed by another.

I stared in shock.

The man behind Eren suddenly stepped back and fell. The policemen successfully untied me and I went to Eren immediately and hugged him.

"Eren!! I thought the man will kill you. You saved me." I cried as the authorities covered the dead bodies of my parents.

"Are you alright Mikasa?" He asks and I shook my head. Tears streaming down my face.

We gently wiped the tears falling from my eyes and pulled me into a hug.

"You are safe now." He rubbed circles on my back and I cried even more.

I shivered as I looked at my surroundings. Everything is scary.

Dr. Jaeger explained to the authorities what happened and the policemen records it. Dr. Jaeger wants to adopt me since my parents are now gone and I don't have relatives I know. Or I will be under the custody of the social welfare.

Eren pulled away and he suddenly wrapped his red scarf around me.

"But Eren...It's yours.." I protested.

"You are cold again. You can have my scarf." He says as he wiped my tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 271 26
"we were best of friends, but what are we now?" --- based on a true experience.
763 29 10
A job that you thought wouldn't last even a month, all that turned upside down by humanity's strongest. Funny, because he didn't expect to fall in lo...
16.2K 645 19
Having an arranged marriage with my ex-boyfriend is awkward. Especially when he's triggering my heart strings. When's he's still in love with me and...
20.2K 207 15
Jean and Mikasa consensually decided to get married 3 years after the rumbling. Will it just be one sided love? This is erotica. Cover Photo, credit...