Worse for Better- Book #1 in...

By anyawritezzz

Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being man... More

***Please Read/ Authors Note***
**Aesthetics/Cast**
💿 Playlist 💿
Chapter 1: Worse
Chapter 2: Job
Chapter 3: Phone call
Chapter 4: Group Project
Chapter 5: Dance
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Rehearsal
Chapter 8: Peyton
Chapter 9: Change
Chapter 10: A Kick
Chapter 11: Game #1
Chapter 12: Picture
Chapter 13: Kidnapped
Chapter 14: Hotel
Chapter 15: The Next Morning
Chapter 16: Grandma
Chapter 17: Family Reunion
Chapter 18: Apology
Chapter 19: Window
Chapter 20: Car Ride
Chapter 21: Dad
Chapter 22: Stubborn
Chapter 23: Spy Mission
Chapter 24: Diner
Chapter 25: Caught
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Bedroom
Chapter 28: Pillow Fight
Chapter 29: Skyler
Chapter 30: Feelings
Chapter 31: Final
Chapter 32: Win or Lose
Chapter 33: Mom
Chapter 34: Blame
Chapter 35: Comfortable
Chapter 36: Pillowtalk
Chapter 37: Now what?
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Walk
Chapter 41: Dressing Room
Chapter 42: Party
Chapter 43: Pool Table
Chapter 44: Nightmare
Chapter 45: Shower
Chapter 46: Over
Chapter 47: Family
Chapter 48: Visitation
Chapter 49: Court
Chapter 50: Hearing
Chapter 51: Guilty or Not Guilty
Chapter 52: Action Movie
Chapter 53: A Few Minutes
Chapter 54: Drunk
Chapter 55: Friendsgiving
Chapter 56: Alaska
Chapter 57: Answer
Chapter 58: Promises
Chapter 59: Better
Bonus Chapter: Camping
Surprise!!!!

Chapter 38: Plane Ticket

16.6K 436 388
By anyawritezzz

Alaiya's POV:

Two Months Later:

"I got the-." I open the door and gasp at what my eyes just saw.

I quickly shut it right back and squint my eyes in regret of walking in on that.

On the floor? Right next to the bed where I can see everything? My eyes feel violated. I'm officially scarred.

I left for twenty minutes to grab the food since Ivy and I were watching The Notebook, and what did I just see? Eldon and her in a position that I would like to forget with no blanket or anything covering them.

A warning on the door would've been nice.

I don't even think they heard me considering how loud their moans and breathing got the minute I walked in. Now, I get that he just got back from his traveling, but still. A text message would've subdued.

I'm gonna go to the living room.

My body steps out of this part of the hotel where my eyes were violated and takes a seat on the couch. We're at Ivy's hotel room which is the same hotel her mom owns and Roman and I stayed at. She gets a free room since her mom is the owner and has basically made it her apartment. The decorations and everything just screams 'Ivy' from miles away.

Speaking of Roman, I miss him so much! We weren't speaking of him, but I thought I should just put that other there.

We've spoken almost every night for the past two months and my goodness did it make me wish he was here more and more everyday. I called him sometimes just to hear him make those annoying sarcastic comments he makes every time I speak about anything. I never, ever, thought I would miss those, but sadly, I do.

He and Rider are doing amazing in football after winning a couple of games which I've watched every one of.

Okay, so maybe I googled the scorings at the end, but I at least watched highlights. My eyes stayed on Roman and I barely even watched the ball or what was going, but nonetheless, I still watched it. Most of the videos he's featured in have half a million views because of me so he's welcome.

Roman's also become huge in the Hollywood industry itself which I get. I mean, yes, he is a six-foot-five football player who happens to be the quarterback and pretty freaking good-looking naturally, but do all the girls have to try to get with him? Not that I'm jealous.

Yes I am.

In my defense, I was told to be waited for and if I see one more blonde girl that fits the description of his life I had described two months ago come onto my Instagram feed, I'm going to lose it. Some of them are even models which really isn't helping my jealousy issues.

"Alaiya!" Ivy squeals very highly at the top of her lungs as she runs in.

"What happened?" I stand up worriedly.

"How long have you been there for?" she panics.

"Long enough to see you and Eldon...," I answer with an awkward motion.

Her hands shoots to her mouth in shock as Eldon walks out casually.

"I apologize," she says feeling bad, but I shake my head at her because it is her apartment.

I just wished I knew what they were going to be doing before accidentally walking in on it.

"But look at the interview the guys were just in," she quickly changes the subject and turns on the TV.

"What interview?" I ask.

I watch her excitedly put a video on on YouTube, and a video of Roman and Rider sitting on two chairs along with two other guys on the other side of the table is captured in the thumbnail. They all have microphones in front of them and headphones on as well, and holy crap does Roman look good! He doesn't even try. He just wakes up looking like that, and I know this because we've been on the phone bright and early and each time he's looked perfect.

Ivy plays the video and takes a seat next to me with jitters in her legs.

"What happened?" Eldon asks as he sits on the other couch since he doesn't know either.

"I saw a clip a second ago. This is the boring part." She skips past when Roman and Rider are talking about football.

After skipping for a minute, she stops at a specific scene that's making her very excited as she presses the play button.

"So, obviously, being in the spotlight has casted some major light on your love life," the guy with dark skin points out and before he can finish his question, Rider jolts in.

"I have a girlfriend!" he exclaims, and Roman rolls his eyes at him.

Aww!

"I can see that you're very happy with her," the lighter-skinned interviewer adds with a laugh, and Rider nods happily. "Is she a part of the Hollywood industry?" he questions.

He shakes his head no. "She's actually Thor's cousin." Rider pats Roman's shoulder, but not before quickly scooting away after doing so as a safety precaution.

"Wow!" the other guy exclaims a little shocked. "And you Blackwood?" he asks Roman as Roman is listening to Rider's whispered apology for touching him by accident.

He's going to punch him once they're done.
I know it.

Roman looks back over and I try and hold back how amazing he looked just turning his head around to look at the interviewer.

The world has its favorites and Roman is definitely on the top list. No one can look that good by just turning their head around. It's actually impossible.

I take a sip of my drink that I bought and Roman finally speaks.

"I'm actually waiting for someone," Roman responds, and my eyes widen because he just said that out loud as my drink goes down the wrong pipe.

What!

I begin to cough hysterically as my mind processes that while Ivy lets her squeal out again as she lays her head in my lap and kicks with excitement. Eldon is just as in shock as both me and Ivy.

He's never mentioned us before. Well, he's never had any interviews besides off the field so I can understand why, but still.

He just said that publicly and so casually.

"Does this girl have a name?" the light-skinned guy asks intrigued now.

There's no way he would say my name. I don't mind if he did, but he wouldn't anyway. That would be way too official, and I don't think he meant waiting for me that literally.

"Alaiya," he smirks, and Rider turns his head towards him with his eyes basically bulging out of his head.

Ivy lets out the highest-pitched scream I've heard in my life while I'm left completely and utterly speechless as my mouth drops.

He said my name.
He said my name!

"No fucking way!" Eldon lets out stunned, and Ivy and I nod both with different expressions displayed on our faces.

Her's is more bursting with joy, while mine is more rethinking my entire life and remembering how to breathe again.

So let me get this straight. He waits for me, still talks to me as if he's not waiting for me, and then announces my name to the public to confirm that he's serious about waiting for me.

Yeah, I'm going to pass out.

"Well, both of you seem like very lucky men in the romance department. So tell me, about the first liner-," one of the interviewers changes the topic, but Ivy shuts off the TV before they can continue.

"You want me to book your flight?" she asks enthusiastically with a knowing smirk and her phone out.

I shake my head no, still processing it all.

"Oh come on." She throws her hands down and groans, but I stop her before she can continue her rant about my love life which I've been getting these past few months.

"Because I'm going to." I pick my phone up, making her and Eldon happily awe together.

Two months is more than enough time for me to have independence anyway. I've been thinking about going there this whole week and us being to finally be together, but I held myself back because I had doubts that Roman wouldn't look at me or feel the same way as he did two months ago. Now I know he still does, and I know dang-well that I still do.

"Make it a surprise though," Eldon suggests.

I agree with that idea and find the tab that was already opened to book the flight. My finger scrolls until I find an available seat for tomorrow night and it says I'll get there at eleven which is perfect. I'll let Rider in on it as well so he can give me a ride and help me keep plan it out when I get there. Hopefully, he's good at keeping secrets.

Ivy sits next to me and so does Eldon as they tell me all the things I should do tomorrow to make this as perfect as can be.

I'm so freaking excited!

~~~~

"Leg up," Mrs.Lambert demands the next day.

I lift it higher behind me as Dylan holds my sides while sitting on one knee.

"Somebody's excited," he laughs and I smile excitedly back, proving his point.

I told the team how I'm leaving a little earlier because of where I'm going, and they all were so happy for me. Skyler is with Sanchez right now in Dallas since Sanchez decided to go there to play. He's doing phenomenal and has made a huge name for himself almost everywhere. He, Roman, and Rider are one of the biggest known rising football players at the moment.

And don't even get me started on Legend. He not only plays football for the Los Angeles Chargers which he chose to go to, but he's also been in some small movies and done great in them. Rumor has it, that he and his new costar in the movie that he's set to be in; Iris Parker, have a thing going on, but the guys all know it's not a rumor. He obviously likes her, but they're not together, nor will they admit it to each other, at least that's what Roman, Rider, and Eldon told me. Legend was hurt by his previous relationship and already had trust issues, and Iris is rumored to have a tough guard with who she dates so I can see why they haven't gotten together yet.

Ivy, though, is happy they aren't together. She can't stand Iris ever since she helped a clothing line and Iris refused to wear the clothes Ivy worked hard on. Plus, they have sounding alike names so Ivy said she can be the only 'I' name in this group.

She really is something.

"Because she's gonna be fucking tonight," Sammy sings on the top of her lungs, and my eyes widen because Mrs.Lambert is standing right there. "My bad," Sammy looks over at her and apologizes in the same position as mine. "Making love," she corrects.

I roll my eyes at her.

"You know Roman and Alaiya are together?" Marcus informs Mrs.Lambert.

"Alaiya, I say this as your instructor," Mrs.Lambert warns. "I'm very disappointed." She shakes her head, and we all fight our laughs again as everyone sarcastically nods in agreement, as do I apologetically.

"Yeah, how dare you get with a tall quarterback with probably a humongous dick and not tell us your secret?" Sammy scolds me like a mom.

Mrs.Lambert sighs into her hands before letting me leave for my flight since it's soon.

I got back on the team a week after Roman left. Even though my mom sort of made me join this class, I actually liked it as a hobby and didn't want to let it go.

Speaking of my mom who likes to call me from time to time to tell me about how I ruined her life, she's staying with my grandparents now since she refused the help she needs from group therapy. Although, my grandparents are making sure she stays healthy. She doesn't make it easy, but they know they're responsible for her as her parents and have to help her through it because that's just who they are.

Carson's trial is next week, and my lawyer has everything prepared. I worked my butt off to make sure I got a good lawyer because Carson and his mom got a good one as well to fight against the 'accusations'.

My dad-the nicest out of them all-called once and told me that he loved me. Instead of happiness though, it just made me feel so empty and cry for hours.

Carson's mom has tried to convince me to drop the charges completely, but I've denied her each time because that's something I can't do. Carson hasn't reached out although, and I'm very glad. I don't ever want to talk to him and I'm already dreading walking into that courtroom and seeing him. My mom was also invited to come to the hearing, but I don't think she'll come since like I and she said, she hates me.

Life really has its downs and downs.

***

Roman's POV

"You said her name!" Rider fucking squeals next to me. "I'm making it my ringtone." He opens his phone to actually do it since he's very serious about his statement.

He will not let it go. I didn't even plan to say her name. The interviewer asked and I just said it because it was the first thing that came to mind. My publicist didn't know about this either, but he really doesn't give a damn about what I do. He knows I don't want any part in getting my name publicized or trying to get on a bunch of interviews. If he says something about football, then sure I'll listen, but that's it.

The interview that I went to yesterday was my one exception, and that was because Rider really wanted to go and nobody else would go with him.

"I can't believe it either." Ashton shakes his head in agreement and shock.

"It's not that big of a deal," I deny their dumbass-looking faces.

I made a promise to her that I would wait, and I meant it. I internally wish she would hurry the fuck up, but I didn't say that out loud every time she asked me if she was taking too long. Her calling everyday though was enough and all I needed. As long as she's in my life, that's all that matters.

I've completely fucking lost it.
I'm more of an Eldon than Eldon.
Kill me now.

It took her opening up to me and having sex once to completely control every second of my thoughts. I still thought of her before all the fucking time, but that was when I was trying to convince myself I hated her so that didn't count. She still gets on my damn nerves don't get me wrong, but holy shit is it hard to stay mad at her for too long.

Yesterday, she argued with me about football. No, not about a team winning or me doing something wrong. She argued about the name. Like it was me who went back in time and fucking gave the idea to everyone when it was being created.

What would a normal person have done? They would've googled it and found the meaning of why it was named that, but of course, Alaiya isn't normal. Instead, we had an hour argument about how it doesn't make sense and she continued to blame me for half that time. Why I like her so much is a question that will astound me forever.

"I bet you miss her," Ashton nods, and Rider all of a sudden fucking giggles down at his phone.

What the hell is wrong with him?

He looks over at me and Ashton looking at him concerned, making him folds his lips instantly.

"I'm not hiding anything," he says defensively when Ashton and I didn't even say anything. "Leave me alone," he whines and looks out the window while biting his nails.

"You think we should call his therapist?" Ashton whispers.

I'm thinking about it.

He suddenly snaps his head around to say something that starts with the letter 'A' but weirdly stops. "A-ass...tastes great," he lets out nervously to complete his stuttered sentence.

That's when I pull the car to the side of the road.

"Get the fuck out." I unlock the doors and point to the window.

He holds his hands out apologetically. "I'm sorry," he apologizes repeatedly. "I won't do it again."

That's what he said this morning but my dumbass believed him. He's been jittering all fucking day and keeps screaming all the time whenever I look over at him. Most of the time, I didn't even hit him so there was no reason. He just screams like a fucking goat and then runs out of the room.

It's dark so I decide to let it go, but I swear if he screams or says something stupid again, I'm purposely opening the door and drifting the car to the right.

***

Alaiya's POV:

When they mention that California is a hot state, they forget to add that San Francisco is the windiest freaking place ever.

This short dress that Ivy made me wear is not helping my case at all. I thought it would be fine to wear because it was probably gonna be hot, but nope. Instead, it feels like I'm in the middle of a tornado and hurricane all at the same time. The dress has short sleeves with a dark blue base and a cute floral print on it, which again, is the reason I thought it would be fine to wear. The V-neck is super long and shows a little too much of my boobs, but I ignored it and decided to try something new. The length is also up to the beginning of my thighs.

With the wind blowing so harshly, it's not even touching my skin without me having to pull it down.

I had to wear a jacket on the plane because this old man sitting next to me kept staring at my chest. He was probably around sixty, yet his eyes were fired up like a child when they see their favorite video game.

That was a long four hours.

That was also the first time I've ever been on a plane by myself, which is why I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on if the plane was going to crash, what I should do. Just in case I needed to jump out or something.

We never know what could happen.

I hold my dress down as I wait for Rider to pull up, and to the right of me, a car pulls in parallel parking at the pickup line. I squint my eyes because Rider had told me he had a black Tahoe, there's just a lot of cars so it's kind of hard to tell which one he's in. When a guy with brown hair jumps out excitedly, I know it's Rider for sure as a smile appears on my lips.

"You're here!" He runs over but comes to a halt when he's standing in front of me.

"Roman will murder me so high-five." He holds his hand out and I laugh as I high-five him back.

"Finally, Roman can stop being such a dick," he so sincerely says he missed me while getting my bags for me which I told him he didn't have to do but he insisted. "Oh, and I missed you," he casually adds.

I sarcastically nod with a 'you too'.

"A rainstorm is about to start so you got here right on time." He closes the trunk and we both walk to get into his car.

"Does Roman know I'm here?" I ask as I shut the door.

"No," he brushes off with a pshh. "I'm great at keeping secrets," he points to himself, though I have a hard time believing that.

Is he?

Rider starts the car up and eagerly begins to drive out of here. He turns the music up to sing on the top of his lungs which is a good way to get my mind off the nerves I feel since I am seeing Roman after two whole months.

"Did you watch the interview?" He nudges my shoulder knowingly.

I can't help but smile as I shake my head yes while the memory is replaying in my head.

"I was just as shocked as you were," he responds with surprise.

"I know, your face became a meme." I laugh, making his eyes widen.

"Really? Let me see," he demands.

I take my phone out and show him the gif Ivy's been using all day.

"I've made it." He hits the steering wheel in accomplishment and I have to agree with that.

"So how are you and Bethane?" I ask with a curious smile.

"Good," he says too casually for Rider.

I glare at him, and right as I do, he spills.

"She told me she loved me." He can't hide his huge enthusiasm as he blurts out those words, which even makes my heart beat with happiness for the both of them.

"Did you tell her you did too?" I question excitedly.

His passionate emotion drops.

"I thought it," he says admittedly, and I give him a disapproving look.

He can't just think it and not say it. Why would he do that? What did Bethane think? She didn't say much in the group chat all of us girls including Bethane, Skyler, Ivy, and me are in. We all met a couple of times together when we were in the same place and had so much fun. It was nice actually having friends who feel like sisters and say what they feel upfront, rather than just being acquaintances with someone who you feel forced to talk to like in school.

"Rider," I raise my voice in disappointment and he sighs at the red light. "It's different if you didn't think it, but you thought it and you didn't say it," I scold because Bethane probably felt like she's the only one who felt that way.

"I was scared," he defends vulnerably, and now I can't keep up my sadness.

Saying I love you to someone can be scary so it's understandable for him to be afraid. Those words mean you've given all your vulnerability, but that's the point. At least, that's what Ivy and Skyler told me about it.

"You need to tell her the truth," I say softly, and he nods with an "I know". "But only do it if you actually feel it," I add just in case he feels obligated to say it because she did.

"I'll call her," he promises.

I smile before looking straightforward again.

I'm so excited!

♥ ★ ❦ ✱ ♥

A/N: I wanted to give Alaiya and Rider's friendship more development so I hope you liked it.

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Word Count: 3861

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 53.5K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
19.1K 776 36
-------Winter 2017------ Cover by Ellipticall*** Evelyn Williams just wants to be a lawyer. She doesn't know what "kind" yet - but she will be a la...
60K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
6.4M 233K 87
"Why do you love me? I'm fat" I said as I looked down at my feet. "Princess there's a difference between fat and thick" he said as he grabbed a hand...