Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~10~ Gryffindor's Win
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~16~ The Burrow
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~22~ The First Task
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~56~ The Dusley's
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~66~ New Years
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding

~1~ A New Professor

3.7K 55 18
By soft_multi_fandom

"Alright Sara and Seamus, hurry up or you'll miss the train!" Mam cried, as she kissed me and my brother Seamus goodbye.

"Love you mam." said Seamus, awkwardly moving away as our mother tried to ruffle up his hair.

"I love you Mam, we'll write to you." I said, hugging her tightly.

"Every week?" Mam rubbed my back as we pulled apart.

"Every week." Shay and I promised together. 

"Good, now both of you be good. You know about Sirius Black so be careful, alright? And try  not to blow things up." she added the last part with an exasperated expression.

"It's not my fault I always blow up my potions." I cried, crossing my arms and huffing a bit. "At least I don't blow things up by just flicking my wand, like a certain someone." I looked over at Seamus.

"Shut up." he said, pushing me.

"Come on now, no fighting." Mam shook her head, before looking at me fondly. "Sara, your seventh and final year. Get good grades on those N. E. W. T. S and study hard."

I grinned. "Percy will make sure I see to that."

Percy Weasley was one of my best friends. We were two very different people, but we balance each other out.

The train horn blew and mam pushed us towards the train. "Alright, get on now before you miss it! Hurry hurry!"

Shay and I clambered onto the train quickly before we leaned our heads out of the window as the train started rolling away.

"Bye mam!" I yelled.

"See you!" Seamus waved.

We watched as mam and the rest of the parents disappeared from view. When we left the platform, Seamus turned to me. "Well, I'm going to find Dean."

"Your boyfriend?" I asked grinning. 

Seamus flushed slightly. "Shut up." He turned sharply and walked away from me.

I watched as he walked down the hall. I had a feeling that my little brother had a crush on his best friend, but didn't want to admit it. I walked through the train to look for my other best friend, Oliver Wood. I knew that Percy would be doing his Head Boy duties, which I couldn't wait to tease him about. As I walked through the train, I felt someone put their hands over my eyes and say "Guess who?"

I grinned, recognizing the voice right away. "Hmmm are you...Professor Sprout?"
I turned around, still grinning, and looked up at Oliver, who pretended to look offended as he put a hand over his heart. "Excuse me madam!"

"How was your summer?" I asked, opening my arms for a hug.

"It was alright." he hugged me tightly and led me to his compartment. "How was yours?"

I heaved my trunk on the luggage rack. "Absolute wonders. Since I'm finally of age, I kept Apparating in Seamus's room, scaring the daylights out of him."

Oliver laughed. "Did you walk in on him changing?"

I grimaced. "Yes, it was not something I needed to see. But Seamus screamed like a little girl, so it made up for it."

Oliver snorted. "Anyways, now, for Quidditch this year....."

I groaned, flopping down onto the seat. "You can't go five minutes without talking about Quidditch, can you?"

"I want to win the House Cup this year!" Oliver said, crossing his arms.

"Alright alright." I sighed, laying down on my back and closing my eyes.

Oliver went into a whole rant about his plans for our practices this year. I play Chaser on the team.

At around lunchtime, Percy strode into the Compartment. "Hello Sara and Oliver."

Percy lifted my head, sat down and placed my head on his lap.

"Percy!" I said, reaching my hands up towards his face. "My child! My son! You've grown taller! And so handsome! I think I see a few wrinkles though....."

Oliver laughed and Percy rolled his eyes. "It's nice to see you too Sara."

We spent most of the train ride with Oliver and I teasing Percy, and him scolding us.

"I want to do something mad  this year." I said, as Percy started twirling a piece of my hair with his finger. 

Oliver, Percy and I have been friends since first year, and the three of us are very close, like siblings. So we were very comfortable with each other.

"You already are  mad though." said Oliver.

Percy agreed by nodding his head.

"Shut up. I mean really  mad." I said. "It's my last year at Hogwarts!"

"Which means that you should focus on your O.W.L.S." Percy said.

"And work hard in Quidditch." piped up Oliver.

"Yes yes, I know, I will do all of that." I huffed. "How else will I become an Auror Perce? Anyways, but I want to, I don't know, get drunk on a school night. Or make out with some random guy. Or flirt with a teacher!"

"Flirt with a teacher?" asked Percy, his eyes wide. "Everything you said was too much but this, this is crazy Sara."

"Besides." said Oliver. "There aren't any Professor's for you to flirt with."

"It was just an example." I said. "Besides, we don't know who the new DADA Professor will be."

"Would you flirt with Lockhart?"

I gagged. "Disgusting. I'd rather kiss Snape."

"Me too. I mean, I guess Snape isn't so bad looking." said Oliver, wiggling his eyebrows.

Percy rolled his eyes, but I could see he was smiling slightly, which he hid behind his hand.

"I know you love our jokes Perce." I said.

Before Percy could respond, the train shook slightly as it started to slow down.

"We can't be there yet," I said, sitting up, glancing at the window.

Sure enough, we were still slowly rolling in the middle of nowhere.

"That's odd." said Percy, peering out the window too.

The train then stopped suddenly, and the lights flickered, then went out, leaving us in complete darkness.

"What on earth is going on?" I heard Percy say.

"No idea." Ollie's voice said. "We've most likely just broken down."

"Probably." I said. "I'll go have a look around." 

"I'll come with you." Percy's voice came, suddenly sounding worried.

"Both of us will." Ollie said, his voice also sounding worried.

I huffed, taking my wand out and stepping out into the train's corridor. "I'll be fine boys." 

"Be careful!" they both called after me.

As I walked, I could see the faint outlines of students poking their heads out, and whispering about what was going on. Suddenly, I saw a black figure rushing past me, with a bright silvery thing running after it. I gasped and cowered against the wall, sliding down and shielding my face with my hands. 

After a few moments, I felt someone place their hands firmly, but gently, on my shoulders. "Hey, breath. Breath. You're alright." a mans voice said comfortingly. 

I slowly lifted my head and the first thing I saw were hazel eyes. I blinked as my eyes focused on the man crouched down in front of me. 

"Was that-was that a Dementor?" I squeezed out.

"Yes." said the man, standing up and holding out his hand to me.

I took it and he helped me up.

"Why was it here?" I asked, still feeling slightly shaky. 

"It was looking for Sirius Black." he replied.

"Oh." I said.  

I got a good look at his face now. He looked slightly ill. He couldn't have been older than his early thirties, yet his light brown hair was flecked with grey. His robes were patchy and shabby, and his face and neck had harsh scars all over it. But I could see that he was still a very handsome man.

He stuck his hand out once more. "Remus Lupin, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

I shook it. "Sara Finnigan, er, I'm in my seventh year now."

"Seventh year?" he repeated, as we started walked down the corridor together. "Are you nervous for your N.E.W.T.S?"

I shrugged. "Not really, one of my best friends is a study freak, I'll be fine with him."

Lupin chuckled slightly. "I was a bit like that back when I was in school."

We walked in silence, before he held out something to me. "Chocolate? It'll help your nerves."

I took it gingerly and thanked him, before biting into it, suddenly feeling warmth all over.
We stopped in front of my compartment. "Well, this is my compartment." I said. I peered in and saw Percy and Oliver arguing, looking slightly worried.

"I'll be seeing you at Hogwarts then Sara." he said, before turning around and walking back the way we came, and I realized then that Lupin had gone out of his way and walked me to my compartment.

I opened the sliding door and Oliver ran over and hugged me. "Where the fuck were you!"

"Calm down I'm alright, the new DADA teacher helped me out."

"New teacher?" asked Percy, with great interest. "Who is it?"

"Remus Lupin."

They shrugged and we sat down as the train began to move. We stayed silent for most of the train ride and were happy to finally arrive at Hogwarts. When we got off the train to take the carriages, I saw Seamus in the distance with Dean. 

"Oi! Seamus!" I called out, pushing my way to him. "Are you alright?"

He smiled softly. "Yeah I'm fine. Are you?"

"Yeah." I hugged him. "Bit of a fright but I'm alright. What about you Dean?"

"I'm alright." Dean smiled, hugging me. "Missed you Sara."

"I missed you too Dean."

I smiled before walking back to my friends, who had found a carriage for us. 

Soon, we got to the castle and sat down in the hall. I looked up at the Professors table and spotted Remus. I pointed to him and whispered to Percy and Oliver. "That's the man who helped me. He's the new DADA professor."

Oliver looked up at him, his eyes widening a bit. "Merlin, what happened to his face? He looks horrible."

"Don't be rude!" I snapped. "He probably just had an unfortunate accident."

Soon the Sorting started and he cheered loudly for all the Gryffindor's who got in.
Oliver and I booed when any Slytherin's were sorted and Percy kept hushing us every time.

Finally, the sorting was over and Professor Dumbledore stood up, clasping his hands in front of him "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast...." Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, "As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business."

Oliver, Percy and I glanced at each other, before we looked back up at Dumbledore.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds," Dumbledore continued, "and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises -- or even Invisibility Cloaks," he added blandly. "It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors," he said.

Percy puffed out his chest again and stared around impressively. Oliver and I started giggling into our hands and Percy looked at us with annoyance, his ears turning slightly red.

"On a happier note," Dumbledore continued. "I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

The applause was a bit unenthusiastic but I clapped loudly, along with Harry , Ron and Hermione. It was obvious they already knew him. I was not surprised. 

"Snape looks so angry." I leaned over to whisper to Oliver and Percy, when I saw that Snape was looking especially sour as he glared at Lupin.

"Well of course," Percy said quietly. "He's been fighting for that position since day one, and he always gets stuck with potions."

I had a feeling it was a bit deeper than that and it actually had something to do with Lupin himself, but I dropped the topic. 

"As to our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued as the lukewarm applause for Professor Lupin died away. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his game keeping duties."

I nearly jumped out of my chair as I started cheering. I decided to keep taking the class this year because found the subject so interesting.

"Oh this won't be good." Percy muttered.

"Shut up Percy!" I punched his arm irritably.

"Now, let the feast begin!" Dumbledore said.

After the feast, Hagrid walked down the steps from where he was sitting. He stopped and started greeting Harry, Ron and Hermione. I pushed through the crowd and grinned at Hagrid. "Congratulations Hagrid!"

"Hagrid beamed at me. "I'm excited to start teaching ye-"

Overcome with emotion, he buried his face in his napkin, and Professor  McGonagall shooed us all away.

I waved goodbye to the trio and quickly caught up with Oliver and Percy.

There was a gaggle of Gryffindor's standing in front of the portrait, waiting for the new password.

"Coming through, coming through!" Percy called out, leaving Oliver and I to fend for ourselves as kids tried pushing past us. "The new password's 'Fortuna Major'!"

I felt someone trying to push me to the side so I looked down to see a little second year boy and waved my finger at him. "Ah ah, you must say excuse me when you're tryin to budge in front of someone."

The boy turned a deep crimson red and I grinned, turning back around as Oliver started laughing.

"Don't be so mean this year." he said, as we climbed through the portrait hole.

I shrugged. "It's my last year Ollie, I'm going to have some fun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 35 12
Amelia Potter is the exact copy of her mother,except her hair, she has her fathers hair. During her life at Hogwarts she finds herself some friends b...
56.7K 1.4K 43
A story where the reader is 19(legal) and fall in love with her professor, read to see what happens next! I don't own any of the characters they all...
393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...
865K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...