Cassidy Scott-Stark

By phwhystler

Cassidy Scott, a 19 year old, college graduate, soon-to-be engineer, looses her mom. She is left with a note... More

The Video Message
Stark Tower
Dinner
Moving In and Meeting the Team (Part 1)
Moving In and Meeting the Team (Part 2)
Dinner and a Show
Powers
Avoidance
Yellow Eyes
Dad
Loki
Mistletoe
Feelings
Keep it a Secret
Becoming A Stark
The Shared Vision
No Return
Start to Mend
All But One
Can't Fight it Anymore
Morning and Warning Alarms
3 Years Lost
Just a Game of Pool
Brothers
See Me Instead
Welcome Back
Alex
Unwanted Reunion
Asgard
Return to Reality
Phase 2
Secrets with JARVIS
Wants and Needs
Marry Me
Protection
OLD memories, BORROWED places, and someone turned BLUE
The Battle with Thanos
Coma
The Finale

Broken not Hurt

5.4K 177 11
By phwhystler

LOKI POV

Thor's visit was echoing and repeating in my head. He didn't understand though. No one would. Everyone I've ever had even the slightest bit of care towards, has met some negative demise in some way, because of me. Now, I opened myself up, without even realizing, to Stark's DAUGHTER. As much as I cannot stand most of those people, I was drawn to Cassidy after that night on the balcony around a year ago now. 

I had heard that there was a mission the team would be going on, but something was not sitting right. Something was calling me back. I needed to get back. Before I could protest, I was at the Bifrost, Heimdall sending me to the tower, where I was met with Stark's wife.

"Loki?" Pepper looked at me. 

"Where is everyone?" It's not that I dislike Pepper, I'm just not one for formalities, especially right now.

"They're on a mission. What's going on?" She asks me, definitely concerned.

"I don't know, but I need to get to them." Pepper sees the seriousness of my expression and calls the voice of the compound, "Jarvis, I need the location of the Quinjet." 

"Right away," the voice replies. 

Within 5 seconds, I have the location, and I teleport right outside of the building. I hear voices inside, which sounds like 2 men. Then I hear her. Cassidy. My feet cannot bring me fast enough into that building, and I see the two men pinning her against a wall. One injects her with something, and that's all it takes. I send an energy blast at both men, knocking them unconscious, which will last for a few hours. 

Cassidy's body falls limp onto the ground, and I kneel beside her, lifting her head. "Hey, you're ok. Stay with me." Her eyes open slightly, and I hear her whisper, "Loki," before closing her eyes. 

My breathing is rapid, and my hands begin to shake, when the rest of the team bursts into the building. 

"Loki?" Stark says, looking from me, to Cassidy, then to the two men on the ground. The look of surprise on their faces is clear. 

"They injected her with something. We need to get her to Bruce, now!" I'm still holding her head in my lap. I can still feel her breathing, but I'm convinced mine had stopped at least for a few seconds when I entered.

Thor and Steve carry her onto the Quinjet and we're back at the tower in a few short minutes. They then usher Cassidy down to her room, followed by Tony. Nat holds me back, "Stay here. They need space to work." She's glaring at me, and I do not really blame her, as I'm sure she was made fully aware of what had happened. I just nod and walk to the couch to sit.

CASSIDY/YOU POV

It was Loki's voice, that much I could tell, but then I blacked out. Next thing I knew I was waking up back in my room in the compound. Bruce and my dad were talking with one another.

"I'd much rather see you two than those other two men," you sit up a bit more in your bed.

Your dad smiles at you, "Hey, Cass," he pulls you in lightly for a hug.

"The men injected you with only a sleep serum, thankfully. It should ware completely off in a few minutes. The bruising on your wrist will also subside within the coming days," Bruce says, looking over his glasses.

"Thank you, Bruce," you look at him and he nods before leaving your room.

"We tried to get to you as quick as we could, but," Tony says, his brows coming together in frustration at himself.

"No one could have predicted this, dad," you put your hand on top of his, and he relaxes a bit.

You sit in silence for a few, and he heads to the door. "Food is downstairs, as is everyone else."

"Dad? By everyone, you also mean......" You see his jaw clench, which gives you your answer. "He was the one who saved me, wasn't he?" You ask, again already knowing the answer.

The look on your dad's face, releases you from your bed. "Cass, wait!" you hear Tony call after you, but you're already down the hall to the main room. 

Once you step in, heads turn to you. Loki immediately stands, hesitantly taking a few steps towards you. 

Two parts of you are currently in battle with one another. One wants to push him onto the couch, climb on top of him and kiss him. That part of you is about the size of your left hand. The rest of you, takes over. You take big strides over to Loki, and slap him across the face with your non-bruised hand.

"Woah, relax, Cass," Steve wraps his arm around you, pulling you back a little.

You wriggle out of his grasp and huff. 

"Ok. I deserved that," Loki says, pretty much unfazed by your slap, physically pained wise, at least visually.

You almost go to slap him again, but you stop and just glare at him for a second, taking in the fact that he's actually in front of you.

"You..." your fist clenches, and you see Loki look from your hands back to your face. You can't help the little laugh that escapes from your mouth, "There's about 10% of me that needs to thank you for earlier, simply out of morals. The other 90% of me, is going to need everyone on this team to hold me back."

"Cassidy, just let me expl....." Loki begins.

"Explain?! No. Just....don't do that. You had OVER 7 months to explain, Loki. That chance is long gone," there's no stopping you now. Loki is hanging on your every word, as is everyone else, who cannot find themselves to leave the room at this point. 

"When you left, Loki, that didn't hurt me. It BROKE me. It took a lot, and everyone in this room, to put me back together. And I.....I can't do that again." Once again, you're too angry to cry, but you see the look of sadness in Loki's eyes. "I'm sorry," you walk away back to your room.

Loki goes to take a step and follow you, but he stops. Without looking at anyone, he walks in the opposite direction to the balcony.

"I got him," Thor says before walking out to join Loki.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 3.7K 67
Grace Stark is the long lost daughter of Tony Stark. Having Tony Stark as a father seems fun but really, he is overprotective and won't let Grace hav...
235K 3.9K 50
A Peter Parker x Y/N story Y/n has never been to a real school before, I guess that's the life when your family are literally the avengers. After ask...
2.2K 129 52
Growing up as a half-Elven half-Asgardian was never easy on Alexandrya. Her mother died five years after she was born and her father didn't give a ra...
2.1K 104 22
You are Tony Starks Niece. Growing up having a superhero uncle, made superheros totally not interesting. You are the newest Avenger, but Uncle Tony d...