The Croods (Guy X Black Woma...

بواسطة Sugarpop001

After wandering around for days she stumbled upon a family called the Croods. She believed that her hard days... المزيد

Character info
The Croods-Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
The Croods: A new age- chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

11.2K 296 28
بواسطة Sugarpop001

By the time Vanessa woke up, the Croods were back. Looking down from the small cliff she was on, she could see Grug holding a blue egg. "Who's hungry?"

"Are you guys okay?" Vanessa asked, a bit worried for her foster parents, even though it's normal for them.

"We're okay, barely managed to get it," Eep says panting.

Grug passed the egg to Thunk, more like throw. Vanesa knew it was a bad idea she jumped down and try to catch it, while Thunk fumbles with It but it was too late and drops it. 

Thunk looked apologetic and apologies to his dad. Ugga quickly took it from Thunk "Looks like fast food tonight."

The family passes the leaking egg with each other quickly, to get a taste. Ugga was the last one to get a mouthful and passes it to Grug but it was empty." Vanessa hated when this happens, she wished Grug would just accept the fruits but that will never happen. 

"That alright I ate last week," Grug says, tossing the egg away. 

He looked up and saw the sun was coming down. Gran was behind him and shouted "Two knuckles warning!" This irritated Grug.

The Croods and Vanessa walked into the cave " Come on Croods. Go, go, go." Ugga called out while Grug ushered everyone into the cave. "Come on, come on. Darkness brings death! We know this." 

When they were all in the cave Sandy picks up a stick and hands it to Ugga. "The moon is full. Bath night," she calls out. "Run for your lives!" Gran wailed trying to escape from Ugga but was caught by her stick. 

"You too mom," Ugga stated dragging her mom back. 

"I don't want to lose my protective layer!"

"Mom you've got ants." Ugga lets go as sandy jumps up hanging while Ugga uses the cleaning stick to dust her off. "See, Sandy doesn't fuss." Sandy was done and she jumps down from hanging and scrambles away.

Gran grumbles as she lets Ugga lift her by her stick to hang her. Gran was displeased throughout the bath.

"Vanessa," Ugga called out to her.

"Yes"

"Did you take a bath by the river, at the shallow end"

"Yes, I did when you were out and it was the shallow end." Vanessa's parents were strict about hygiene, they were cleaner than most cavemen. The Croods found my methods of cleaning weird especially Grug when he found out I did that. He couldn't stop me since Ugga made sure of that but obviously, there were rules. 

When they went out she made sure to take a bath by the river at the shallow end and nowhere else. 

"I don't understand why you use water cub, that's even worse than this," Gran mumbled still saltly by the fact she had a bath.  Vanessa giggles "It's not that bad."

Grug walks in and looks around "Is she still out there?" he asked noticing Eep wasn't in the cave. "You know she hates the cave, Grug," Ugga says.

"I could go get her," Vanessa suggested, she knows Eep is probably doing something that will get her in trouble. "S-sure but if you take too long I'll come and get her myself," Grug was hesitant, even though she's been there for 3 years he wasn't sure if she could handle herself. She might be the same age a Eep but she was short

Vanessa walked out of the cave hearing Grug talking about Eep, wondering how she can't like the cave.

Vanessa was out of the cave and looked up to the cliff wall where Eep would usually climb but it was different she went higher than last time, almost to the top. She wasn't worried, she knows Eep can take care of herself.

"Eep come down, quickly before your dad sees you!" Vanessa shouted, she didn't want to be in trouble. Eep groaned annoyed but not at her adopted sister, she knows she's just looking out for her so she doesn't get into trouble. 

Eep starts to climb down but stops halfway and climbs back up again. 'Oh no she's climbing to the dead tree. Well, it's a new record.' Vanessa thought a bit worried now.

"Eep come down you're going to be in soo much trouble!" She shouted but it fell to death ears. Grug walks out and a stick hits his head causing him to look up and see his daughter at the top of the cliff on a tree. 

He gasps and calls Eep's name. "Eep!"

"C ome on," he, mumbles growing very impatient.

There was a low growl in the distance. A bear owl. Its spots both Vanessa and Grug.

Grug immediately goes into attack mode, pushing Vanessa behind him. 

"EEP! COME DOWN!" Grug shouts panicking. He throws a rock, which stops the creature for a while giving enough time for Eep to jump down and pull both Vanessa and Grug into the cave. 

Grug closes the cave in time although the creature tried to push his paw in but failed. Grug turned to Eep and confronted her.

"That was too close"

"I was watching. I was fine"

"What were you doing up there, Eep"

"I don't know"

"What are you looking for?"

"Nothing"

"Well, then why did you go up there?

Vanessa was up on the ledge where she sleeps with Eep, she was listening in on their conversation. She understood how Eep felt, she had a drastic change of lifestyle, all she and Eep wanted was to be outdoors and live.

"Why don't you know? Stop looking for things. Fear keeps us alive Eep. Not be afraid."

Eep groaned and climbs on the ledge next to Vanessa and sat next to her pulling her knees to her chest. She sighed " What's the point of all this," she was talking to her self but Vanessa heard her. 

Grug didn't hear since she was talking to herself "hmm? What was that?"

"I mean, why are we here? what are we doing this for?" she asked while waving her hands a bit jestering to everything around us. She sounded frustrated and upset

The Croods groan at Eeps questions. Grug picks up sandy getting her away from the claws of the Bear owl while getting ready for bed."No one said survival was fun." 

Both Eep and Vanessa mumbled,
"Nothing is fun." Eep started messing with Vanessa's hair, admiring it sometimes when they went out of the cave she'd help her twist her hair even if she doesn't fully understand why she does it but still helps. 

"Hmm? Eep? Vanessa? Would you come done here? Eep? Vanessa?" Not receiving any response Grugg tries to climb on the ledge to grab them but when Ugga saw this, she immediately pulled him down to stop him. 

"Grug. Off."

"Yes," Grug proceeded to climb back up again.

"Off!"

Grug gave up throwing his hands in the air "I just don't see why they need their own ledge. That's all. That's all this is about."

Ugga was still blocking him from trying to get the girls to come down "They're working on some things and they need their own space."

"What things? How long is this going to take? I mean one of them doesn't listen to me."

Eep throws a pebble at Grugs head. Vanessa just giggles quietly.

"Hey!" Grug shouts.

"See? They listen." 

"If she wants to survive, she needs to follow rules." 

Ugga's had an idea "How about a story? Eep loves those," she suggested.

"That's a good idea," Grug's face lit up. " How about a story, huh?" He announced to everyone.  Thunk got excited "Oh yeah, tell us a story."

All the Croods minus Eeep and Vanessa gathered in a semi-circle on the ground in front of a wall. Vanessa was sat up watching from the ledge. Grug hand Krispy bear that he got from Sandy.

"Eep look it your old favourite, "Grug stated. while waving the bear in the air. Eep shrugged and looked away. 

Grug told the story while drawing rough sketches on the wall. 

"A long time ago, this little bear was alive. She was alive because she listened to her father and lived her life in routine and darkness and terror. So she was happy. But Krispy had one, terrible problem. She was filled with... curiosity."

Ugga gasped while covering Sandy's ear. Vanessa knew this was directed and Eep so she hugged her and she hugged back, this made Eep smile a bit. 

Grug continues "Yes. And one day, while she was in the tree, the curious little bear wanted to climb to the top."

Thunk was visibly distraught. 

"And no sooner than she climbed to the top, she saw something new aaaaaaannnndd died!" Grug swats the painting of the bear. 

"Just like that," Thunk asked, he was very concerned. "Yes!" Grug agreed rather enthusiastically "Her last moments of terror still frozen on her face." He said holding out Krispy Bear.  Everyone was terrified minus Vanessa and Eep.

"Oh same, ending as every day," Gran stated. She wasn't kidding there walls were used for storytelling and each ended in death no matter what.

Thunk at this point was freaking out "I get it dad. I get it. I will never do anything new or different," he said reassuring his father.

"Good man, Thunk," Grug praises Thunk.

The Croods were now preparing to go to bed "Alright everyone sharpens your teeth and let's pile up," Ugga said. As they did that, they started piling up into one big heap. Vanessa laid back and cuddle with Eep, since she was small they both kept each other warm. 

Grug glances at the ledge where both Eep and Vanessa are hoping they'll at least come down now after the story but they didn't even budge so  he went to sleep. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

263 108 9
Your Romance is here!! __________________________ Where are you looking at? The Summary is given below my sweet intruder! ;) By the way you are welc...
20.2K 339 12
ꜰɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴏᴅꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "𝐈'𝐌 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍." "𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍?" "𝐓𝐎 �...
10.9K 213 17
The Croods A New Age OC Insert BOOK 2!!!! (I'd suggest reading the first one before this one!) Searching for a safer habitat, the prehistoric Crood...
25.8K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...