The Croods: A new age- chapter 1

A little boy sat in the middle of nowhere with his knees to his chest. Tears were streaming down his face.

This little boy was Guy.

He sniffled and looked at the tar footprints in front of him. The voices of his parents rang through his head

☆☆☆☆☆

Two people, one male and one female, were stuck in the tar river. "Guy? Guy. You've got to go!" Guy's father urged, trying to pull his way out of the tar.

"No!" he exclaimed, he walked to the edge of the tar pond and reached out. Glancing down at his feet, he took a step back as the tar slowly rose.

"Son, the tar is rising. You've got to go."

Tears streamed down Guy's face, "No! Not without you!"

His mother looked at him with gentle eyes, "Don't look at us. Look behind you. Do you see the light?" his mother asked. Guy rubbed his tears away and turned to look in the direction. He looked back at mother and nodded.

"You need to follow the light, okay? Don't stop. Don't hide. Follow the light, and you'll find tomorrow.''

☆☆☆☆☆

As the 7-year-old guy cried, light shone behind him, like a pathway.

Guy rubbed his tears away and looked back at the lit up pathway, "Follow the light," he mumbled.

☀️

Travel log: "Guy here. It's been 14 moons since the mission began," he stated as he drew a crescent moon on his log board, "Following the light, but no sign of Tomorrow yet."

☀️

Travel log: "It's been 29 moons. Still no sign of Tomorrow," he placed his log board in his bag and started to pick blue-looking strawberries. However, he picked one that was slightly heavy.

"I did find this little fellow," he turned the small strawberry around revealing little Belt. Little Belt looked at him curiously. Guy smiled and tilted his head, he chuckled softly as the little sloth did the same. "He's all alone, just like me. He's a good lookout. I'm thinking of calling him "Watch."

☀️

Travel log: "it's been 54 moons."

"Seventy-three moons."

"A hundred and ten moons."

"Two hundred moons."

☆☆☆☆☆

Travel log: 18-year-old Guy sighed, looking at the moons on his board, "It's been... a lot of moons," he lowered the board. "All the moons. Still, no sign of Tomorrow," Belt's ear twitched as he heard something in the distance. He grabbed Guy's chin and turned him towards the source of the sound.

Guy looked around, "Something's coming. Belt, disguise mode." He slid on his warthog head and slid back into the shadows

Just then, a girl dropped out of nowhere in front of the fire torch.

"It's a person!" he whispered. Belt quickly slapped his paw on his mouth, stopping him from talking any further. Guy pushed his paw away and quietly crept behind her.

In a flash, he was knocked down to the ground.

He looked up and saw a red-haired girl with a boulder lifted over her head.

Guy's eyes widened, "Eep stop!" He heard a girl yell, and in front of him, stood a short girl with her arms spread.

Guy took his mask off as the girl turned around, and their eyes met. It was like they were both stuck in a trance looking, he felt Belt poke his neck, snapping him out of his trance. He smiled and tilted his head.

When the girl smiled back, he froze, 'How beautiful.'

Guy was stuck in a trance again, forgetting about the other girl till the boulder was dropped onto his foot, "AAAAGGGGHHHH!"

Vanessa's pov

Oops. Yeah, that was Eep. My sister.

Hi. I'm Vanessa.

It's been a year or so since my parents died. And somehow I found my new family 'the croods'. It was great at the beginning, they took me in and treated me like one of their own but then I learned how they lived. It was devastating but it was the way they survived and who was I to complain?

There had been lots of times I wanted to leave but I knew I wouldn't be able to survive plus I became attached to them.

But then came along Guy... And to think, the only two teenagers in the world...Well, there's Eep of course. We found each other, it's like fate brought us together.

My whole family loved him...except for Dad at the beginning. But eventually, Guy won him over. By saving our lives. I mean seriously if it wasn't for him we'd probably be dead.

And now we're travelling the world, searching for a perfect place to call home, a place Guy calls Tomorrow. And at this point, I don't really care as long as I'm out of the cave and in the open with him and my family.

I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm with Guy, my heart races when he holds me. I think this is what my parents call love.

_______________________________

Is there anything you guys are looking forward to in the second movie story?