Chapter 13

1As the Croods took the chance to explore the new world, Guy took Vanessa by the hand and ran to the shoreline.

Eep sighed as she watched the two run but seeing how happy they were she smiled.

"You like him, don't ya?"

Eep jumped startled and turned around, she saw her mother and Gran standing behind her. They both looked at the happy couple running down the hill.

She looked back at the couple and shook her head, she felt happy for them?

Both Gran and Ugga glanced at each other, Gran patted Eep's shoulder and then both women walked down leaving Eep at the top of the hill.

☆☆☆☆☆

They both stood hand in hand

They stared at the ocean for a moment then turned to each other.

He wrapped an arm around her waist and cupped her face with the other. "I've wanted to do this for a while," his voice became low and husky. He leaned in and pulled her face closer till their lips met. Vanessa wrapped her arms around his neck returning the affection.

After a few moments, they broke apart to catch their breath.

They gazed into each other's eyes.

He set his forehead against hers, a slow smile worked its way across his face and into his eyes "I don't know what that was but it felt right."

Vanessa giggled, she lifted her head and looked at him with loving eyes "It's called a kiss."

"Huh, I was thinking of snogging. Oooo what about smacker?" he suggested excitedly.

Vanessa burst out laughing"I think all of those sounds great but," she looked at him teasingly "Would you like to kiss me again?" she whispered almost inaudibly.

Without hesitation, his warm lips met hers again and she returned his kiss passionately.

☆☆☆☆☆

Eep was fixing her hair with Vanessa's help. Vanessa tried combining it with a comb but they broke. So she gave up and left it as it was.

Vanessa straightened out her new purple dye panther outfit. It was a two-piece set: a mid-thigh purple skirt paired with a cami top. She put a lot of thought into the outfit and even got help from Guy and her mother. She added new accessories to her hair replacing the old ones and her hair was wrapped up in a bun with two strands let loose.

The girls were now ready, they stood between their family ready for their family photo.

This is me. My name's Vanessa. And this is my family. The Croods. If you weren't clued in by the sun tans and pets, we're not exactly cavemen anymore.

Grug set a sand timer and ran to the family, it was a wonderful picture-making contraption they were about to experience. The slab of rock smacks them all in the face leaving the first family photo.

Thunk stumbled back "Let's do that again. I think I blinked," he ended up fainting from the impact.

Our world is still plenty harsh and hostile. But now we know the Croods will make it.

Belt was riding on the back of the Crocopup, delivering a drink to Gran. The liyotes were tending to her.

Because we changed the rules. The ones that kept us in the dark.

Ugga sharpened her spear as the Macawnivore came up behind her with Grug riding on top. Ugga tossed him the spear. They both stepped on its horn and they were lifted off the ground.

Eep flipped out of the tree and landed near Vanessa. She blew her horn to call Guy and the Bear Owl for a ride. The Bearowl came running from the corner. Eep grabbed Vanessa with one arm and jumped on the Bear Owl with her.

And because of my dad, who taught us that anyone can change...

"Release the baby!" Grug shouted.

Sandy jumped out of the bush and jumped on Douglas with Belt riding on him. Eep, Vanessa, Guy, Sandy and Belt pulled up to Ugga and Grug

We'll sort of.

Thunk breaks through the trees riding a Landwhale

Everyone held on tight to their animals and raced across the beach towards the sunset.

So from now on, we'll stay out here...where we can follow the light

ꕥ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ꕥ

This is the end of the first Croods.

I hope you enjoyed it.

I was inspired by @seoulmate997