Chapter 3

By the time Vanessa woke up, the Croods were back. Looking down from the small cliff she was on, she could see Grug holding a blue egg. "Who's hungry?"

"Are you guys okay?" Vanessa asked, a bit worried for her foster parents, even though it's normal for them.

"We're okay, barely managed to get it," Eep says panting.

Grug passed the egg to Thunk, more like throw. Vanesa knew it was a bad idea she jumped down and try to catch it, while Thunk fumbles with It but it was too late and drops it. 

Thunk looked apologetic and apologies to his dad. Ugga quickly took it from Thunk "Looks like fast food tonight."

The family passes the leaking egg with each other quickly, to get a taste. Ugga was the last one to get a mouthful and passes it to Grug but it was empty." Vanessa hated when this happens, she wished Grug would just accept the fruits but that will never happen. 

"That alright I ate last week," Grug says, tossing the egg away. 

He looked up and saw the sun was coming down. Gran was behind him and shouted "Two knuckles warning!" This irritated Grug.

The Croods and Vanessa walked into the cave " Come on Croods. Go, go, go." Ugga called out while Grug ushered everyone into the cave. "Come on, come on. Darkness brings death! We know this." 

When they were all in the cave Sandy picks up a stick and hands it to Ugga. "The moon is full. Bath night," she calls out. "Run for your lives!" Gran wailed trying to escape from Ugga but was caught by her stick. 

"You too mom," Ugga stated dragging her mom back. 

"I don't want to lose my protective layer!"

"Mom you've got ants." Ugga lets go as sandy jumps up hanging while Ugga uses the cleaning stick to dust her off. "See, Sandy doesn't fuss." Sandy was done and she jumps down from hanging and scrambles away.

Gran grumbles as she lets Ugga lift her by her stick to hang her. Gran was displeased throughout the bath.

"Vanessa," Ugga called out to her.

"Yes"

"Did you take a bath by the river, at the shallow end"

"Yes, I did when you were out and it was the shallow end." Vanessa's parents were strict about hygiene, they were cleaner than most cavemen. The Croods found my methods of cleaning weird especially Grug when he found out I did that. He couldn't stop me since Ugga made sure of that but obviously, there were rules. 

When they went out she made sure to take a bath by the river at the shallow end and nowhere else. 

"I don't understand why you use water cub, that's even worse than this," Gran mumbled still saltly by the fact she had a bath.  Vanessa giggles "It's not that bad."

Grug walks in and looks around "Is she still out there?" he asked noticing Eep wasn't in the cave. "You know she hates the cave, Grug," Ugga says.

"I could go get her," Vanessa suggested, she knows Eep is probably doing something that will get her in trouble. "S-sure but if you take too long I'll come and get her myself," Grug was hesitant, even though she's been there for 3 years he wasn't sure if she could handle herself. She might be the same age a Eep but she was short

Vanessa walked out of the cave hearing Grug talking about Eep, wondering how she can't like the cave.

Vanessa was out of the cave and looked up to the cliff wall where Eep would usually climb but it was different she went higher than last time, almost to the top. She wasn't worried, she knows Eep can take care of herself.