Male gamer reader x RWBY HARE...

By kimchiwas

Fuck that dumb piece of shit truck. All I wanted was some cookies. DID I REALLY HAVE TO DIE FOR COOKIES? YES... More

Prologue:Old life gone, new life here I come
Main character Bio
Harem
Chapter 1: New Life
Chapter 2: Tutorial
Chapter 3: Travels
Chapter 4: Adventure complete...maybe
Chapter 5: We meet once again little rose
Chapter 6: Beacon Academy
Chapter 7: Initiation
Chapter 8: The Emerald Forest
Piece #1
Chapter 9: First day
Chapter 10: Practice makes perfect
Piece #2
Chapter 11: Vytal Festival
Piece #3
Side chapter: Yang
Volume 2: Prologue:Press Start(Trailer)
Chapter 12(Vol 2.): New Term
Chapter 13: Investigations
Chapter 14: Feelings
Chapter 15: The Dance
Piece #4
Chapter 17: Hideout
Chapter 18: Breach
Side chapter: Nora and Ren
Volume 3:Prologue
Chapter 19(Vol. 3): Begin
Chapter 20: Rise
Chapter 21: Rivalry
Chapter 22: Discovery
Chapter 23: Duo Rounds
Chapter 24: Guardian
Chapter 25: Battles
Chapter 26: Beginning of the end
Chapter 27: Fall
Volume 4: Prologue
Chapter 28(Vol. 4): Game over. Respawn?
Chapter 29: Memories
Piece #5
Chapter 30: Arrival
NOT A CHP A/N
Chapter 31: Family
A/N
Chapter 32: Breaking point
Chapter 33: Life
Chapter 34: Consequences
Chapter 35: Enough is enough
Chapter 36: Flames
Chapter 37: A predicament
Chapter 38: No one is ever truly dead
Volume 5: Prologue
Chapter 39(Vol. 5): Here we go
Chapter 40: Plans
Chapter 41: Explore
Chapter 42: Relations
Chapter 43: Pathways

Chapter 16: Field trip

4.5K 87 47
By kimchiwas

Kenji POV

Me and Ruby opened the door only to find ourselves face to face with the rest of the team.

"WAHT HAPPENED?!"

"Er...uh...hehe."(Ruby)

"I wanna stuff my head in sand..."(Kenji)
.
.
.
.
.
"That was a risky move..."(Weiss)

"No, I think you handled it well"(Blake)

"I hope so..."(Ruby)

While they were all talking to Ruby near the beds, I was in a corner. Drinking choccy milk.

"I'm sure everything will be alright Ruby... Oh! I know what'll cheer you up!"(Yang)

I suddenly realised. They had a dog.

"What's that?"(Ruby)

"I don't know yet, dad and mum sent it to us."(Yang)

"I thought we could open it together."(Yang)

"Ooo! Something from home!"(Ruby)

She immediately used her semblance to dash over to Yang and tried to grab the small cylinder container. Yang obviously held it away.

Then suddenly, the 'gift' dropped out. It wiggled for a bit. Before letting out a small sound. Then it stood on all fours. Yep it was Zwei...

It barked at team RWBY who got closer to inspect it.

"AAAAAAA"

They all screamed. Ruby and Yang jumped up in excitement. Weiss jumped up because she was surprised, can't blame her. And finally Blake....she's a cat faunus. What did you expect?

"It's Zwei!!"(Ruby)

"They sent a dog?!"(Blake)

"How did he even get it in there..."(Kenji)

"In the mail?!"(Weiss)

Ruby immediately picked up Zwei and he began to lick Ruby's face while Yang watched.

"Oh they do this stuff all the time!"(Yang)

"And I wonder how Ruby gets so many of her creative ideas from..."(Kenji)

I then looked over to Blake and saw her climb up to Ruby's bed.

"Are you telling me that is mingy, drooling, mutt, is going to wive with us fowevaw? Oh yes he is! Yes he is!"(Weiss)

"That...was weird."(Kenji)

"Quiet you."(Weiss)

"Oh he's so adorable! So adorable!"(Weiss)

"Please keep it away from my belongings..."(Blake)

"Please keep it away from my shoes. They're the only ones I have left."(Kenji)

"Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheatre."(Glynda)

Glynda's voice sounded over the announcer

"Well we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for a week!"(Weiss)

Ruby let go of the mutt and he immediately ran over to Blake and barked at her. Blake immediately got into a defensive position. Let's not kill dogs now...

I slowly approached Zwei and held him up. He barked at me. Cute but I'm more a cat person. I then took out small ball I always carry around for...purposes and gave it to him. He held the ball in his mouth and went away to Ruby.

I looked up at Blake who only mouthed a thank you.

"Look its a letter- Dear girls, I've got to leave the island for a few days and your mother's out helping with charity work. So I'll be sending Zwei to you to take care of."(Yang)

"In the package should be all the food and necessities he'll need, love Taiyang."(Yang)

She then put the canister vertically again and a bunch of cans of food dropped out.

"I'm sure that Zwei has a can-do attitude!"(System)

'System...I swear to fucking go-'(Kenji)

"What are we supposed to do with all those?"(Weiss)

"Well that settles it, c'mon girls let's go!"(Yang)

With that Yang walked out while Blake leaped away. Weiss left while saying a few final words to Zwei. Ruby lingered behind a bit. She then got a smug face.

"Ruby...don't do it..."(Kenji)

"You can't stop me!"(Ruby)

"Sigh" (Kenji)

With that we left the dorm with a special guest in Ruby's bag. When we reached the amphitheatre, many students huddled around the stage on which Ozpin was standing on. When I entered I saw Ozpin's eyes narrow slightly at me. I smirked.

"What are you so happy about?"(Ruby)

"Oh nothing, just excited for our first mission..."(Kenji)

I then let another sentence slip out.

"I haven't done one in a while..."(Kenji)

"Huh?"(Ruby)

"Sorry, was talking to myself..."(Kenji)

"Oh.,."(Ruby)

The microphone then ringed out and silenced filled the place. Ozpin the began his speech. Again.

"Today we stand together, united. Mistral, Atlas, Vacuo, Vale...the four kingdoms of Remnant. On this day 80 years ago, the largest war ever in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed and of oppression. A war about more than when borders fell or who traded with whom. But it was about the very idea of individualism itself...we fought for countless reasons. One of which being the destruction of all form of art and self-expression and as you are aware that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who oppose this tyranny began to call their children after the aspects of oneself. Colour. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression but neither would the generations to come."(Ozpin)

"And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together which is why today, while the other parts of the world celebrate peace, huntsmen and huntresses will work to uphold it. As first-years students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional huntsmen or huntress. Some of you may be taken out of the kingdom for several days. Others may work in the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, remember to do your very best and remember to uphold peace."(Ozpin)

The crowd erupted into claps. I must admit, the speech was good but not as good as some other generals I've seen give before.

Soon after the speech, team RWBY and I made our way to the mission selection screen. There were many search and blah blah missions.

"This is perfect! We are going to be shadowing huntsmen and huntresses for the next week!"(Ruby)

"Yeah, we'll follow them around by day and give them the slip at night!"(Yang)

"I don't think we should attack the huntsmen or huntresses Yang."(Kenji)

"What? No you dummy the grimm!"(Yang)

"Ohh-"(Kenji)

"Whatever, let's just check search and destroy."(Weiss)

We looked up to search and destroy and they tried to enter in their team name. Keyword try. It appears that the mission was off bounds to first-years.

"Now what?"(Weiss)

"We mail ourselves there!"(Ruby)

"Well that's one option..."(Ozpin)

"Unfortunately we determined the concentration of Grimm in that area was too much for first-year students to handle."(Ozpin)

"It seems that particular region is very popular. In fact I have the sneaking suspicion that the four of you will make your way there no matter which mission you choose."(Ozpin)

As Ozpin said this, WBY glared at Ruby who only scratched her head in obvious guilt.

"Whatever makes you say that?"(Ruby)

"I'm still curious on how you all found yourselves at the docks last semester. I'm interested to really learn how you knew about a hideout in the South-East and I certainly wonder why witnesses report seeing robots and rose petals at a dance club some time ago. There was also an abundance of unusual music heard..."(Ozpin)

"Uhm..."(Ruby)

'There's people questioning my music taste?! How preposterous!'(Kenji)

"Your music taste is unusually weird master. I sometimes wonder if you're a robot."(System)

'Never speak to me about music ever again...especially after playing the rick roll soundtrack when I was sleeping!'(Kenji)

"Ah those were the times..."(System)

"I'm sure I won't be able to find the exact answers I'm looking for..."(Ozpin)

"So how about this, instead of waiting for you to break the rules, let's bend them a little..."(Ozpin)

He clicked something on his scroll and the mission screen popped up saying that Team RWBY had taken the mission. Great.

"Before you guys leave, I would like to speak to Kenji for a while..."(Ozpin)

They looked at me worriedly.

"Yes sir..."(Kenji)

We went off to a more discreet location and Ozpin got straight to the point.

"How much do you know?"(Ozpin)

"...Classified."(Kenji)

"Then why do you want to help?"(Ozpin)

"For the record I only volunteered to help for the sake of my friends. I want nothing to do with your war Ozpin but if it endangers the lives of my friends, I will fight to the bitter end..."(Kenji)

"Very honourable..."(Ozpin)

I only narrowed my eyes at him.

"Any requests?"(Ozpin)

"I know about your maiden project. Let me in on it. I would like to observe..."(Kenji)

He sighed and held his head.

"Fine...but Mr Goro, the enemies are approaching fast. They may be here soon."(Ozpin)

"They're already here Oz,"(Kenji)

With that, we went back to team RWBY.

"Now just a reminder, an experienced huntsman will be taking you all on this mission and if he finds you lacking the skills needed for it, he has every right to send you back to Beacon."(Ozpin)

With that he walked away.

We all just looked at each other. Determination was seen in their eyes. Heh, let's go give-'em hell.

"Oh and good luck!"(Ozpin)
.
.
.
.
.
"That wasn't exactly uplifting..."(Yang)

We were now walking towards the bullhead that was awaiting team RWBY.

"It's gonna be tough but I know we can do it!"(Ruby)

"Hey look! Team CFVY is back!"(Student)

We looked on to see a bullhead land and Team CFVY come out. They looked to be in pretty bad shape. Blake approached Velvet.

"Velvet, are you ok?"(Blake)

"I'm fine, I had Yatsuhashi to look out for me."(Velvet)

"Your mission was supposed to end a week ago! What happened?"(Weiss)

"...Nothing happened...it was just...just so many.Velvet)

"But don't be worried! You first-years are shadowing experience huntsmen so you should just be fine!"(Velvet)

"Right..."(Yang)

"Be a little more positive Yang."(Kenji)

"See. Anyways I should go. Be safe ok?"(Velvet)

"See ya Velv."(Kenji)

Weiss looked towards all of us.

"We can do this..."(Weiss)

"We've never backed down before and we're not going to now!"(Ruby)

"Right!"(Yang)

"Besides, we won't be the only ones fighting out there. We'll be fighting along an actual genuine huntsman!"(Ruby)

"Yea..."(Yang)
.
.
.
.
.
Their faces are priceless.

"Why hello girls!"(Oobleck)

"Kenji too!"(Oobleck)

"Hello doctor."(Kenji)

"Well who's ready to fight for their lives?"(Oobleck)

"Is he really taking us?"(Weiss)

"Yep, enjoy."(Kenji)

"Oh no you are not going anywhere Mr Goro! You will be coming along as well!"(Oobleck)

"What?!"(Kenji)

"But-but I don't have any of my items ready and they're all back at the dor-"(Kenji)

"Oh don't worry we've already packed all your items in the bullhead!"(Oobleck)

I heard four snickers behind me. Cheeky girls. Anyways one thing was still on my mind.

"...You didn't forget my headphones did you?"(Kenji)

"Of course not! But I'm not sure if this is supposed to not have any wires!"(Oobleck)

He handed me the identical headphones but there were absolutely no wires. It looked intentional. Is there bluetooth here?

"Er, I'll work it out."(Kenji)

"Now I'm afraid those bags of yours won't be necessary since you opted to assist a huntsman on which is now just a reconnaissance mission. I assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations and will be traversing multiple miles of hazardous wastelands and will be using whatever suitable location available for temporary camp! I've packed all the essentials myself and readied the airship."(Oobleck)

"Err..."(Yang)

"Yes sir..."(Kenji)

"Perfect!"(Oobleck)

"But professor Oobleck shouldn't we like not rush this?"(Weiss)

"One more thing! It's doctor Oobleck..."(Oobleck)

"Calm down doc."(Kenji)

"I didn't earn a PH.D for fun thank you very much!"(Oobleck)

"Come now children! According to my schedule, we're already late!"(Oobleck)

He then zoomed over to the bullhead.

"Well alright then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Ooble-ok yea when you say it out loud it sounds worse."(Ruby)

"He is a true public speaker."(Kenji)

"Saving the world?!"(Nora)

We turned around to see Team JNPR approach us. With Nora initiating stuff of course.

"You guys are going on 'saving the world' missions without us?!"(Nora)

"I'm hurt, sad! Maybe a little hungry...that last one's not your fault though. Ren."(Nora)

How do you survive Ren?

"Sounds exciting, where you going?"(Jaune)

"Oh just outside the kingdom..."(Ruby)

"Hey! So are we!"(Nora)

"Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village."(Pyrrha)

"We set out tomorrow,"(Ren)

"Then you can party with us tonight!"(Sun)

"We're shadowing a crime specialist, all interested in that crime stuff now!"(Neptune)

"Are you sure? Especially with Sun's track record of...being caught."(Kenji)

"Hey I do not get caught! I only get seen."(Sun)

"My point."(Kenji)

"Well after everything, we get junior badges!"(Neptune)

"We normally go to the city with you guys. Which means that stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought that this might be a better way to check out the kingdom with...you know?"(Sun)

"Normal?"(Kenji)

"Yea."(Sun)

"Well-"(Ruby)

"Four minutes!"(Oobleck)

"SIR YES SIR!"(Kenji)

I completely let that slip out and immediately ran for the bullhead. Old habits die hard...
.
.
.
.
We were all now on the bullhead holding onto the handlebars above for support. Reminds me of the clone wars. Except for the exploding of transports and less shaking.

Anyways Yang was just about asking why Oobleck was chosen.

"I guess I just never saw you as a fighter..."(Yang)

"Never underestimate anyone Yang,"(Kenji)

"Yes! And I must admit, I fancy myself more of an...intellectual, but as a huntsman, I have had my fair share of tussles!"(Oobleck)

"Like the mushroom?"(Ruby)

"Those are truffles."(Blake)

"Like the sprout?"(Ruby)

"Those are Brussels."(Yang)

"Like the waffles?"(Ruby)

"Those are...waffles."(Kenji)

"Besides, given my expertise in History as well as the my involvement in the archeological field, Ozpin has decided to assign me to this particular...assignment!"(Oobleck)

"So what does History have to do with this?"(Weiss)

"Why what a preposterous question you silly girl! History is the backbone of our society! And the liver! And probably the Kidney's if I were to wager!"(Oobleck)

"And that means?"(Kenji)

"The outside quadrant is home to wild big forests and deep caves. But it is also the location to one of the kingdom's greatest failures!"(Oobleck)

"Mountain Glenn."(Blake)

"That's right, it was an expansion in Vale...but in the end it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city..."(Yang)

"Someone's been paying attention."(Kenji)

"Correct! It remains abandoned! Its a dark reminder."(Oobleck)

"And a likely place for a hideout.."(Blake)

"Precisely..."(Oobleck)

"Well we still have a ways to go so do whatever you deem fit to cure your boredom!"(Oobleck)

I decided to check out the headphones.

'System...what did you do?'(Kenji)

"Nothing master...only made your headphones even better."(System)

'By making it bluetooth?'(Kenji)

"Correction. By making it Roostertooth!"(System)

I internally facepalmed.

'What the fu-'(Kenji)

"Focus on the mission master!"(System)

The bullhead went down and hovered above the ground. Low enough for us to drop and land safely. We all did one by one with me being last one out.

"Last one out!"(Kenji)

The pilot only widened his eyes. Oops?

Anyways it was time to go exploring. Again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 370 12
This is a Reboot of my original, a continuation from my original reasons of a reboot was simply cause I didn't like how it is and cannot be change an...
83.6K 1.3K 33
[ALPHA Series] On the planet of Remnant, to the west of Vale, lies a small island known as Patch. There lies Signal Academy and the home of (Y/N) Ros...
2.2K 11 8
This will help me follow the storyline for x reader/oc. It's help me a lot plus I also don't want to be yell at in the comment "no, that's not right...
11.2K 495 36
(Y/N): "The world will see the truth, judgement, and....Carnage." Your name is (Y/N) (L/N) and you are gamer that you were playing the video game Mar...