The Color of My Skin (A Princ...

By JoyProdigyLover

Why don't they like me? Is it because of my looks? Are they mad because of my personality? Or is it because t... More

The Color of My Skin (A Princeton Love Story)
Introduction
Someone New to Me
You Can Never Have A Perfect Day
The Invitation
The Party
Realeasing the Pain
Why Me?
Just A Joke
Clearing Things Up
Making Plans
Dates and HeartBreaks
Good and Bad
Flashback
I'll Do It
The Assembly
Acting Weird
Total Surprises
Spying
Jasmine's Pool Party
Making Up and Making Out
Spending Time Together
Can't Trust the One I Loved
Not Just Me...A New Beginning For Children
Unexpected Events and Promotions
All Over Again
Kissing Games
Strange Events
Bad News
Up to No Good
I Thought You Loved Me
No One
You Won't Understand My Pain
Soon
Patience
Sneaking Out
Uhbelievable Events
Turnouts
Not A Good Idea
Returning
Sweet 16 Part 1
Sweet 16 Part 2
I Won't Hear It
Stop Defending Me
I..Hate..You!
Starting Over
Someone's Back
Everything's Fine
Stay Away
Love That's Real
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3

Revelations

6K 104 11
By JoyProdigyLover

Jacob P.O.V.

What....the fuck.....did I.....do?

My relationship was going perfectly fine. I lost the one person I loved.

It's all Diamond's fault. She just had to convince me! I didn't go to school because I couldn't take it. I want to go visit Mya, but shed just reject me and that will break my heart.

I called off the party after what happened. I've just been at home for most of the time. I imagined Mya being with another guy, right now.

Who wouldn't want her? She's perfect. I just miss her so much.

Mya P.O.V.

I've been invited to the next class and I'm excited. The kids are really growing on me, especially Jacob. Ironic huh? It's really nice to meet someone younger who's going through the same difficulties as yourself. I couldn't wait for the next class. I've talked to the children outside of classes so I'm used to them now. Today was the follow up class from the first. I was so excited that I decided to come early. I was still thinking about the way Jacob acted at the end of class. He's so sweet. I took my bike from the garage and rode over to Oak Grove Center.

I had half and hour left before class started.

I entered the center.

"Hi Rose.", I said to the receptionist. I learned her name before I left from the last session.

"Hi Mya. Your early.", she said while adjusting her half-moon glasses.

"Yea I'm just excited.", I said.

"Ahh those children. Wonderful aren't they?", she said.

"They're amazing.", I said.

"Hi Mya.", said a voice.

I turned around and smiled.

"Hi Jacob.", I said to him.

"I have great news!", he said.

"Ok but tell me in class ok.", I said.

He nodded excitedly.

Everyone began to file into the class. Majority of them had huge smiles on their faces. That was a great sign. I closed the door behind me and everyone sat down.

"Hi guys. I've missed you.", I said.

There was a cluster of "We missed you too" and "Hi Mya."

"Ok so how did it work out.", I asked.

We started from the same line down. I guess they had assigned seats.

Shannon spoke first.

"It was amazing Mya. I followed your advice and I told my teacher. I told her those that were bullying me and she expelled them! I have a lot if friends now!", she said with her eyes popping.

"That's amazing! I'm so happy for you!", I exclaimed.

She smiled widely.

Michael was smiling too and I knew he had good news.

"Tell us what happened Michael.", I said.

"Well I did what you said. I had confidence. I held my held high and didn't let them get to me. I embraced my awesomeness.", he said smiling.

"And did they stop?", I asked.

"Yes. I made a new friend too. His name is Nathan.", he said.

"That's amazing! Ok Derek how about you?", I asked.

I turned my head to him and he had his head down.

"What's wrong Derek?", I asked.

He didn't answer.

"Come on you can tell us. We're family.", I said.

He gazed up at me and everyone else.

He breathed in deeply.

"It didn't work. I did everything you said but my teachers wouldn't listen. I tried to ignore them but they hurt me even more.", he said. Then he started to cry.

"Oh Derek come here.", I told him.

He came to me and I wrapped him in a best hug.

"Everything's gonna be ok sweetie. We'll help you.", I whispered in his ear.

He hugged me tighter.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jacob gave Derek the death glare. After consoling Derek I decided I needed to do my part in helping him and possibly going to his school.

Everyone else had good news. They took my advice of telling an adult, ignoring them, killing them with kindness, and they even took a different approach. They confronted them.

Jacob began to speak.

"It was awesome Mya! This guy in my class was about to hit me but I took care of him. I beat him up and-

"Wait! You beat him up?", I asked him.

"Yea and he was bleeding and everything!", he said with his eyes popping

"No Jacob. I didn't say to beat up your bully and-

"So your not proud of me?", he asked sadly.

"No. I mean yes but Jacob. No Jacob I'm not. Violence is not the answer. Trust me.", I said.

"Why aren't you proud of me?", he asked sort of angry and sort of sad.

"Jacob I told you to kill them with kindness. Next time please don't do that ok."

He nodded.

Then Mr. Jones walked in.

"Mya uh class is over.", he said.

I nodded. I gathered the kids and escorted them into the lobby. Most of the children's parents were there and when I spotted Derek's mom, I walked up to her.

"Hello my name is Mya.", I said walking up to her.

She was very tall and even taller with her heels on. I had to look up like I was looking at the ceiling.

"Hi I'm Mrs. King.", she said.

"Well um I'm a temporary motivational speaker for your child and many others.", I said as I introduced myself.

"Hmm you seem a bit young.", she said quizzically.

"Yes I'm actually 15 but this isn't about me, this is about your son Derek.", I said.

When she didn't say anything, I continued.

"Well I uh understand that your child, as of everyone else here, is having problems making friends because he's "different". Well I wanted to know if maybe I could visit his school and possibly talk to the teachers to help him.", I said.

"I'll have you know that I've already spoken to the staff and faculty members of his school.", she said defensively.

"Ma'am I know it's hard but please don't get so defensive and-

"I'm not getting defensive. I just don't need advice from a 15 year old girl.", she spat.

"Ma'am please there's no need to be like this in front of your child.", I said in a whisper.

"Don't tell me what to say in front of my child! I don't need lecturing from a simple minded girl!", she said.

"Ma'am don't you think that Derek is being affected by you too.", I added.

I said that because I was acting mature than she was and it was just a thought.

"Excuse you! I am the Vice President of Foxy's Design Company!", she said.

I sighed.

"Ma'am that has nothing to do with this conv-

"Come on Derek. We're leaving.", she said as she basically dragged him out the door.

I sighed. It was worth a try. I turned around and saw Jacob sitting alone. Everyone left. I walked up to him and sat down.

"Hey Jacob. How come you didn't leave yet?", I asked him.

"My grandma's probably late.", he said looking down, playing with his feet.

"What's wrong?", I asked him.

"I'm mad I disappointed you.", he said.

"Jacob. You didn't disappoint me. You just didn't do what I said. I just want things to be better for you.", I said softly.

"YEA WELL I KNOW WHAT'S BETTER FOR ME! NOT YOU!", he yelled.

"Jacob-

"NO. DON'T JACOB ME. IM TIRED OF PEOPLE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!", he yelled.

I got a little scared. He got up, breathing heavily, fists balled up.

Rose got up and walked towards him. She whispered something in his ear and he released his fists. His breathing subsided and he sat back down. Rose went back to her desk.

I sat in silence for a moment contemplating what just happened. I don't know what I did to set him off. Was it something I said?

"Sorry.", he said after a while.

"It's ok but why did you react like that?", I asked.

I saw his fists ball up again but he released them.

"If I told you, you would hate me.", he said.

I saw him crying.

Please tell me. Was it something I said? Why was he all mixed with his emotions. Probably the bullying.

"I would never hate you Jacob. Your an amazing kid.", I said soothingly.

He sighed but didn't answer.

After a while and after he wiped his tears, he began to speak.

"Well when I started school everyone thought I was weird because I was happy one time and sad or angry at different times. People thought I was like that because I am black. Truth is, I can't control myself. I didn't want to be this way. I just can't control it. No one knows except my family and....you. I'm bi-polar.", he said.

I felt bad for him. I put my arm around him and rubbed his back. He couldn't control his emotions at such a young age. I mean, basically no one can't but Jacob REALLY can't control himself. He can just get angry and any little thing can set him off. Maybe to the limit.

"Jacob uh when you beat up your bully....was that the first time you did it?", I asked.

"No. I beat up another guy before.", he said.

Before I could speak, a lady with gray hair walked in.

"Jacob lets go.", she said rudely.

He sighed. "Bye Mya." He hugged me and walked out.

"Why were you hugging her? Is that your girlfriend?", she asked.

"Almost.", he said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...