Rayne

By asamanda

"I want to get to know you." He said, slowly scanning my face, with a glint of seductive in his eyes. I swal... More

chpt. 1
chpt. 2
chpt. 3
chpt. 4
chpt.5
chpt. 6
chpt. 7
chpt. 8
chpt. 9
chpt. 10
chpt. 12
chpt.13
NOT A CHAPTER
chpt. 14
chpt. 15
chpt. 16
chpt. 17
chpt. 18
chpt. 19
chpt. 20
chpt. 21
chpt. 22
chpt.23(re-uploaded)
chpt. 24
chpt. 25
chpt. 26
chpt. 27
REMINDER
CHPT.28 PART 1 Is Up!
chpt. 28
chpt. 29
chpt.30
chpt. 31(I)
Chpt.31 (II)
chpt.32
chpt.33
chpt.34
chpt. 35
chpt. 36 (I)
chpt. 36 (II)
chpt.37(I)
Chpt. 37 (II)
chpt. 38
The End of Things To Come-Chpt.39
Chapter 40
THE BATTLE-Chpt.41(I)

chpt. 11

155K 5.9K 717
By asamanda

I only fell asleep for 30 minutes. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 11:30 p.m. I was still all snuggled up next to Rayne who was knocked out. He looked so cute while he was sleeping! I took a quick picture of him and got up to go take a shower. The picture was much needed blackmail and would look pretty damn cute as a lockscreen.

The bathroom was even nicer. It had black marble floors, stainless steel appliances and a huge waterfall shower system with a plexiglass door. I poked my head inside to see that it was big enough for 5 people. The shower walls were marble as well and there was a bench pressed against the wall. Above it, there was a steel detachable shower head and a shelf with an assortment of body washes adorning it. I quickly stripped off my clothes and tweaked the controls around until I got the warm water running. There was no shower cap in sight so I had to be extra careful, I didn't want my freshly straightened hair to curl back up just yet so I tied it up to the top of my head.

The waterfall stream felt heavenly as it drenched every inch of my skin. I let out a sigh of contentment and thought about today. The pack seemed to like and me respect me so I didn't have to worry about 'fitting in'. I was bound to the pack and Rayne, but it wasn't the same. When our hands were tied together, I was an astronomical experience. It's like a felt a piece of me latch onto his soul, and the same for him. I felt his presence within me, but not fully because we still had to complete our bond.

I took my time to lather up with a fresh smelling body wash from the shelf. I heard the door creak open a little.

"Babe?" Rayne called out. I turned off the water as I finished up and grabbed a towel that I hung over the top of the shower door.

"The one and only," I replied smugly. He chuckled and I saw his blurry figure lean against the doorframe through the fogged glass of the shower door.

"Everyone left earlier, our parents are holding a conference downtown to discuss how to respond to Jason's attack." He said with a hint of anger in his voice. I'd be angry too if I were him. Coming back from a war just to have a new one start all over again and lose members in the process, it was disheartening.

I stepped out the shower then I realized that the towel was insanely short, only stopping mid thigh. Rayne's expression darkened as he scanned my exposed legs. I felt my cheeks heat up at his dark gaze.

"So we're alone then?" He nodded. He then handed me my dufflebag that had all my weekend things in them.

"I'll be waiting." He then closed the door behind me. I don't know why I felt so shy being in a towel around him it's not like I haven't seen him half naked before. 'It's because you don't know how he feels for you' my subconscious replied.

It's true, I was uncertain that he felt the same way for me because of my rapidly growing feelings for him. There was no doubt I was falling for him but if we're to have sex, I want us both to be on the same page. I pushed my thoughts aside and proceeded to brush my teeth then get dressed. I knew I was going to be spending the night with him so I brought a silk pajama set that had a pair of maroon silk shorts with black lace trimming and a matching spaghetti strap top.

I took two painkillers because I had extreme discomfort from the IUD I got inserted a few days earlier. Ella insisted that I get a long term form of birth control because 'the first time you mate you'll continue to go at it like damn monkeys and not want to bother with those mini plastic wraps' as she so stated.

During the conversation, I felt nervous. Ella has had so much experience but she also gave me some useful tips. Ella told me all about her experiences with Connor in the bedroom(before he done messed everything up ). They apparently had sex in a movie theater one time...during an animated film. I sighed as I took my hair down and parted it to the side. I was fully determined to get some answers. I marched out the bathroom and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Rayne at his vanity in his boxers.

He the got booty. I thought and then shook my head. I needed to focus! I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Can I ask you something?" He turned around to reveal his sculpted body.

"Of course, anything" Focusing all his attention on me, I continued.

"In the woods earlier, I never got the chance to ask you how you felt about me. I know it's pretty soon but I started falling for you ever since I laid my eyes on you..." I said unable to make eye contact. I was afraid to see his facial expression, I really hope I didn't push things too far.

I heard him walk over to me then lift my chin up so now I was looking directly into his eyes.

"You really want to know? I thought it was obvious" I nodded and contemplated what the last part of the sentence meant.

"You are the reason I want to fight this battle with Jason. Not only to protect our pack but for you. To make sure you're safe now and in the future. Don't ever doubt my feelings for you because they're deep...I believe i'm falling for you.." he said trailing off. He looked surprised that those words came out of his mouth.

I stood there speechless. I didn't know how to reply to him. He then pulled me closer.

"Fuck that, i am falling for you" I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in

"You mean it?" I asked, searching his gaze.

"Ever since I put my eyes on you, I just knew...you're it for me Ashlyn Black," He said stroking the small of my back and gazing deeply into his eyes. I pulled him in for a kiss so deep and passionate I didn't realize that he picked me up and placed me on his bed. I broke away for a moment and stroked the side of his face.

"I feel the exact same way." I said smiling in relief.

He grinned and then sighed.

"I knew you'd say that I mean who wouldn't fall for this?" He gestured to himself. I rolled my eyes then pushed him off playfully.

"Way to kill the moment," I huffed out and we both laughed. He pulled me close to his chest so now we were spooning then whispered into my ear.

" I mean it, I really do. "

"I know you do" I replied softly. We laid there with one of our hands interlaced and then drifted off to sleep.

Rayne's P.O.V.

I was truly falling for this girl. For 5 years after I was supposed to meet my mate I thought something was wrong with me. That I wasn't worthy of finding the love of my life. Ashlyn was only a few miles away from me this whole entire time. As soon as I walked in and caught her scent, I knew she was the one. My Wolf yipped and stirred with glee. Her scent was intoxicating and when we locked eyes, that was it for me. Mates aren't supposed to automatically fall in love, they have to build on it. The merge with the pack today strengthened our connection, making me feel more strongly towards her. I couldn't give all the credit to the merge for I was already falling for her on my own.

Day by day, each moment that I spent with her pushed me closer to know that I was falling in love with her rapidly and I couldn't believe that I finally found her and she's all mine. I stared at her while she slept. She looked so beautiful and peaceful. She wrapped herself around me and whenever I moved she'd latch on tighter. I felt warm at how adorable she she looked. You're getting soft for our mate. My wolf snickered. It was true, she was becoming my weakness, shit she is my weakness. I'd do anything for her to make her happy and safe, I'm her mate after all, I belong to her and she belongs to me.

Ashlyn's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of snores coming from Rayne's chest. I looked up and smiled at how cute he looked. Trying not to wake him, i carefully crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I poked my head out of the door to see he was still asleep. I quickly changed into a forest green hoodie and black leggings then threw my hair up in a messy bun. I closed the door carefully and stepped out into the hallway. I decided I was going to explore his house some more.

This house was freaking huge. So far, I counted 8 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and another kitchen that looked like one from those cooking shows. I came across a hallway that had double doors on the end. I pushed them open and saw that it was a study. The room was decorated with bookshelves full of books and on the wall was another flat screen tv. Scratch study, this was a total mancave. The walls were dark red and there was a huge desk with scrolls of paper and tools on it it.

The room smelled like him and I knew in that instant, it belonged to him. I relaxed at the scent of him and made my way to the desk. I was in awe at how beautiful and intricate the designs were in the scrolls. They were designs for this side of the house and I found out that this side belonged to him only. I sat in the desk chair and started spinning around in the chair, why not?

I then opened the french doors behind me and it led out to a balcony that overlooked the backyard leading into an evergreen forest and a coastal beach a further distance away. The sight was truly beautiful as the sun was rising, casting its golden rays upon nature.

"So beautiful," I whispered to myself, appreciating the beauty in front of me.

"Not as beautiful as you," I squealed and whipped my head around to see Rayne leaning on the doorframe, shirtless with a pair of sweatpants that hung low to reveal his V.

I lifted my gaze to reach his and crossed my arms. "How'd you find me?" He smiled.

"It's not hard to track your scent babe" I shook my head then he walked over to me.

"Good morning though" he said leaning down to give me a light kiss.

"Good morning, I discovered that you're an amazing designer. Did you design this wing of the house? " I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

His cheeks turned a rosy pink shade. "Um yeah I have a thing for architecture. Not just this wing...I designed the whole entire house" he said with a hint of embarassment in his voice.

My jaw dropped open "The whole house?! You're truly talented" I said in disbelief. He chuckled and then placed his forehead on mine.

"Thank you babygirl, that means alot to me" I smiled then he pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

This moment seemed like those from romantic comedy's where the couple is embracing each with the sunrise in the background. As long as this moment was with him I didn't care how cheesy it looked.

---
****Hey readers!! Hope you enjoyed!! Don't forget to vote! ❤️*****

Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...
6.7M 183K 42
I almost choke on the piece of chocolate covered strawberry as I saw Alpha Liam from the Crimson Fangs Pack come walking towards me with a smile. I s...
2.8M 83.7K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
441K 16.9K 42
I was soon deemed an Omega, diminishing hope of our pack having an Alpha female. My father had things under control but he is getting old and wishes...