Counting Stars at Dawn

By eleven_stars11

In the magical planet of Adamite, the three most powerful kingdoms rule over the smaller clans of the land. T... More

1: A Day In The Sapphire Kingdom
2: The Elf And The Vampire
3: The Coffins Open At Night
4: Meeting You Was Chance, This Time It's A Choice
5: Royally Distressed!
6: Dancing In Foreboding Silence
7: You Can't Pick A Rose By The Thorns
9: I Might End Up Choosing You
10: Satisfying Dark Appetites
11: Affection Born In The Night
12: All Is Forgotten In The Heat Of The Moment
13: The Three Crows
14: Break Me For A Reason
15: The King With The Crown Of Thorns
16: A Vampire's Heart
17: The Guest of Horror
18: The Blood Moon Scrolls
19: Laying The Future To Rest
20: Forever You Said
21: No One Will Ever Love You Like I Do
22: The Start Of Eternity
23: Counting Stars At Dawn
24: This Coffin Sucks, I Miss My Bed
25: Assert Your Dominance
26: Bridging The Greatest Enemies
27: Baby Fever
28: The Journey To Ezamore
29: Way Too Soon
30: Where's My Pregnancy Glow?!
31: The Aftermath Of A Broken Bond
32: The Terror Of Lamia
33: Undeserving Of My Apology
34: One Cold Winter Night
35: Three Times The Joy [END]

8: Mating Habits

18 3 0
By eleven_stars11

When the morning sun finally shone, Artemis scrunched up his nose in response to the light. He was still naked under the sheets from last night's events.

Artemis attempted to open his eyes but even this simple motion felt like an impossible task. He laid still, breathing slowly.

"I can't wake up. I feel so tired. Oh so tired." 

"Good morning your highness." Dia entered his room and drew the curtains open. "Your highness?"

She inched closer to Artemis's bed and touched his shoulder. She quickly withdrew her hand as she felt his skin was cold.

"Your majesty, do you feel well?" Dia asked more urgently now as she tried to wake him up.

Artemis couldn't respond no matter how much he wanted to. He felt so sluggish and like he didn't have any energy at all.

"I will cancel your agenda for today, your highness." Dia decided. "You must recover your health. I shall return with some tea."

She bowed on her way out and Artemis managed to roll on his back. He cracked his eyes open a bit, staring at the ceiling. Just what was wrong with him?

Dia tended carefully to Artemis all day, and gradually he started regaining energy. It wasn't until noon when he finally remembered he wasn't wearing clothes and Hades' bitemark was visible. At that point, he hurriedly put on clothes before Dia returned with lunch. He was able to leave his bed around the early evening, and now he was in his potion lab.

Artemis yawned and took a sip of his tea cup as he scribbled onto his potions journal.

"Hello, your majesty." Artemis heard Hades speak inside the room and in his gasp he swallowed too much tea.

He choked on the hot liquid and began coughing rapidly although covering his mouth with his hand to not be heard.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Hades went over to Artemis and patted his back.

Call Artemis crazy, but he could've sworn he felt an immense amount of relief wash over him when Hades put his hand on his back. A sensation like when you take a deep breath of fresh air after rainfall.

He stopped coughing now and hummed in contentment at the strange relief Hades' hand was giving him.

"Better?" Hades looked at Artemis and withdrew his hand.

"Yeah." Artemis replied as he turned around in his seat.

"Well, how have you been, your majesty?"

"Awful. Today I couldn't move at all, I just managed to a few hours ago."

"Ah, again sorry. That's my bad." Hades made an apologetic smile and shrugged.

Artemis looked confused at him, so he took this as a sign to explain himself.

"Well, last night you know I bit you." Hades looked around the room. "When you get bitten by a vampire, some of your life force is stolen, by me, in this case. Since I got carried away I drained a good amount of your life force, so that's why you felt so tired all day. There's only one way to regain your life force faster, and that's by me staying by your side since the vampire has the ability to recreate the victim's life force. You can pretty much absorb it back."

Artemis nodded and looked at Hades. It was surreal to see the vampire awkwardly looking around the room. Suddenly, Hades sat down next to Artemis on his chair and smiled at him.

"What are you doing?" Artemis leaned away.

"Sorry, I guess I feel kinda bad for sucking the life out of you." Hades chuckled. "I can offer you compensation, if you'd like it."

"What kind?"

"Well, if I'm being completely honest I'm in a rather aroused state. I'd be more than happy to provide some physical pleasure to you."

Artemis blushed furiously in a second and looked wide eyed into the eyes of Hades. He couldn't possibly be expecting an actual response. Yet as the seconds dragged by, it became apparent he was. Hades dropped his gaze to Artemis's thighs, and his heart started beating faster. He watched as Hades drew circles on his thigh and then looked back up at him.

"Any response?" Hades tilted his head, his black hair falling over his right eye.

"I-I don't know what to say." Artemis trembled.

"It's a simple yes or no question. Do you wish to go right off to bed or be topped again by a vampire tonight?"

Artemis gulped at the way Hades worded that. He felt his face burning up and his body started betraying him as his brain tried being reasonable. Hades patiently waiting wasn't doing him any good either, his presence alone was turning on the elf. Hades was abnormally amazing at what he did. Who knew what else he'd let Artemis experience if he let him carry on unrestricted.

"Fine." Artemis closed his eyes and faced away from Hades with flushed cheeks.

"Don't act so unhappy, moon boy." Hades whispered into his ear and nibbled the shell. "You know how damn good I am, and I can be so much better if you let me."

Artemis pressed his lips into a tight line and allowed himself to be led to his own bedroom. Upon entry, Artemis and Hades started losing the layers of clothes they had as they made out passionately. Artemis was becoming entranced by the way Hades kissed him and touched him. He craved this man impossibly more.

Hades was finding it increasingly hard to hold back. He started becoming addicted to the prince's moans, body, and personality. He nuzzled Artemis's neck as he decided he wanted him all to himself.

The night progressed in lust and both men were losing their composures. They were already done with their usual procedures and were now itching to go farther.

"Artemis." Hades panted as he cupped his face. "I want to be inside you."

"Why must you say such odd things." Artemis quivered. "If If you want to just do it."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! Now do it before I change my mind."

Hades grinned and pecked Artemis on the lips. He stared at his eyes and caressed his cheek. Artemis was confused on why Hades was being so tender to him, but it made his heart flutter. Hades penetrated Artemis for the second time and neither believed they could ever go back to anything or anyone else.

In the end, Artemis and Hades crossed the line of diplomats and were now stuck in a limbo. Were they lovers or friends with benefits? Neither knew but for now that wasn't relevant.

Right as Hades was about to finish he bit Artemis's arm and tasted his delicious blood. Artemis cried out in ecstasy and came.

As they calmed down, Hades panted and started moving away to return to his kingdom. However, right as he was about to head for the balcony, Artemis held his wrist.

"No." Artemis exhaled.

"I'm sorry?" Hades looked puzzled at him.

"Don't go. Please."

Hades couldn't find it in himself to refuse, so he climbed back on the bed with Artemis and draped an arm over his figure.

Artemis fell asleep tightly embraced in his arms, surrounded by the scent of sandalwood and Hades' cologne. Hades brushed stray strands of white hair from Artemis's face, and admired his beauty. He looked so peaceful, so angelic sleeping in the moonlight.

For the first time in his life, Hades smiled lovingly at him and kissed his forehead. He deeply inhaled Artemis's peach scent and cuddled him until just before dawn.

****

Artemis had awoken the following morning alone in his bed. Unlike yesterday, he wasn't as drowsy because Hades spent most of the remaining night with him. However, all day he had an ache in his rear end from last night, but he wasn't troubled about it. To be frank, he enjoyed himself quite a lot.

Artemis was currently inside the royal library. The arching ceiling gave the place a vintage feeling. The grand chandeliers lit up the library and shelves upon shelves held stacks of books. The library had every type of book one could think of regarding magic.

"Hm, not here either." Artemis thought as he closed the book he was reading and placed it on a pile to his left.

He had been trying to come up with a potion for more efficient harnessing of the moonlight's power to carry out magical rites. However, he was struggling to ration out the ingredients perfectly.

Artemis rose from his chair and picked up a few books from his pile to put them back on their shelves. As he passed through the window, the midday sun made his crystalline body shimmer and sparkle. He found the section and started stacking the books back.

Out of the corner of his eye, Artemis saw the rogue spine of a book with golden lettering. The book seemed rather old, yet he couldn't recall ever seeing it before. Curious, Artemis pulled out the book and read the title out loud:

"Field Findings On Vampire Rites & Culture."

"Why is there a book on vampires here?" Artemis wondered as he chose to take the book with him.

While walking, he opened it and started reading the chapter index. He chose to read the thirteenth chapter, titled "Vampire Mating Culture".

"Vampires are perhaps the only creatures in Adamite to literally have pre destined soul mates." Artemis started reading. "Strict norms on the genders for the mates do not exist because mates are not something a vampire can choose, thus they respect Luna's choice. For this reason, heterosexual and homosexual couples exist in their world. Both genders are capable of producing offspring, even male submates. Mates usually encounter each other from the age of 116 to 118 years old. Upon the first meeting, mates have a pull to each other, this is known as an incomplete mate bond. In order to seal and complete the bond, the two vampires must mate on a full moon night and the dominant mate must bite their submissive mate on the junction of the neck and shoulder."

Artemis lifted his gaze shortly to ensure he was walking on the right path. He found the vampires' rituals and culture fascinating, but he still couldn't understand why a book about them was here. Lamia and Sapphire had been sworn enemies longer than they were friends, a book like this shouldn't have survived. There wouldn't be a single prince who would ever approve this to be printed.

"Oh, or is there?" Artemis whispered as he realized there might be one.

Perhaps the third prince of Sapphire didn't have an ulterior relationship with a vampire like Artemis did with Hades. More than likely, he was killed because he was documenting facts about vampires from an actual vampire he met.

Artemis found a section on natural habits and read:

"Vampires nuzzle each other's faces or necks under many different circumstances. It has been known to happen during intercourse in mates, after or during times of distress, and as a mating habit. While one would assume this is an action related to affection between mates, it's more subjective than we think. Not all vampires do it out of affection, and mothers have been known to do this with their children. In mates, the effect of being nuzzled is that the submate will temporarily carry the scent of the dommate. This, in some occasions, is considered a courting habit because this will ward off any other prospective dommates from a temporarily marked submate. In the case of parents to children, nuzzling serves more as an emotional stabilizer and as an act of protection."

Artemis had reached his desk but suddenly heard one of the candle lamps crash to the floor. He turned around to see Hades in terrible condition. He was panting heavily, slightly hissing and grunting, his hair a mess, and he was leaning on the wall for support.

"Hades??" Artemis went to him in worry. "What are you doing here in the middle of the day?"

He placed a hand on his chest and panicked as his heart was in an erratic pace.

"Hades?" Artemis called again as he felt Hades' body run a fever.

Hades muttered something under his breath and Artemis didn't understand.

"What? I can't hear you Hades." Artemis leaned his ear to his mouth.

"I said . . ." Hades panted in his ear. "Bend over that desk now."

Artemis pulled his head away in confusion and Hades slammed him flat against the wall as he forced his tongue in his mouth. Artemis squeaked his protests but he stopped when he felt Hades start touching his skin under his tunic. He placed his hands on his chest, trying to push him off but Hades didn't budge. He just aggressively kissed his mouth and even tore a piece of the tunic.

"Hades!" Artemis used all his force and managed to push his body away. "What are you doing?! What is wrong with you?!"

"I'm not playing games today Artemis. I'm gonna have you on this damn wall if I have to. Don't resist me, it turns me on more." Hades growled and pressed himself against Artemis, kissing him once again.

Artemis couldn't understand the position he was in. If Hades wasn't being so forceful, he wouldn't mind this, but the escalating touching and kissing was too rapid for him. He moved his head to the side and his voice cracked when he said:

"Not here . . . r-room."

Artemis pulled Hades with him out of the library and led him down the hall to his bed chamber. Luckily, no guards were patrolling here just yet and Dia was busy in a different part of the castle. He closed and locked the door.

Immediately, Artemis was stripped of his clothes and Hades didn't hesitate to satisfy his urge for sex. Artemis started out apprehensive about it, but as Hades continued having his way he began fearing him. Hades was going at it nonstop and filling Artemis way past the brim.

At one point, Hades began growing rougher and actively putting force in biting Artemis. At the near end, Artemis was running low on energy and life force. He could no longer keep up with Hades, and tried voicing for him to stop.

"H-Hades . . ." Artemis whispered weakly.

He couldn't utter a single word anymore as his mind blacked out, and he laid limp on the bed.

The scene seemed to finally force Hades out of his state and his consciousness returned. He looked at Artemis's pale face and his bitten body with some blood erupting in some spots and down at himself.

"Artemis!" Hades exclaimed as he pulled out and held his cheek. "No no no. Fuck, Artemis! Artemis wake up please! Artemis!"

Hades looked around himself to see the room was a disaster. He saw the torn bits of Artemis's clothing and gripped his head as he panicked.

"What have I done?!" Hades exhaled, pulling his hair to the sides.

He placed his ear against Artemis's chest and could hear him barely breathing and his slow, weak heartbeat. The relief of knowing he didn't kill him calmed him for exactly one second. Hades hurriedly cleaned the blood off his body with a damp rag and continued checking for any more damage.

Artemis's bite wounds started healing but Hades couldn't forgive himself for what he had done. After he finished putting on his pants, Hades looked worriedly at Artemis as he slept. He settled next to him and pulled him close to him, embracing him.

"I'm so sorry." Hades whispered into Artemis's white hair. "Please forgive me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 27 11
Iris has lived her entire life in the prison of royalty. New princes coming every day, attempting to entice her into marriage. Eventually, one prince...
6.2K 113 69
No matter which planet you reside on, it is known that one must meet with the Goddess Of Beginnings to find out who they are soul tied to. Once you k...
21.5K 836 27
TEASER: "No fiancΓ©e of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
1.4K 110 36
A shared story between @Daughter_Of_TheSea and @deadclikkie // COMPLETED! SEQUEL IN PROGRESS!!! // Andromeda wanted nothing less in her life tha...