hell or flying | Chaelisa

By somefunnyusername

Sequel to Love Is Not Enough taint•ed love /tänted 'ləv/ (n.) love you have for a person that is so deep and... More

Warning
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 38

2.6K 100 244
By somefunnyusername

"Okay, baby, I have to go. The flight is boarding. I'll see you in a few hours," Lisa spoke over the phone.

It's been three days since I have last seen the Thai and even though we've spent far more days in separation in the past, I missed her immensely. Despite promising we would face time when she was gone, the task was next to impossible since everything was so rushed and Lisa had barely had any time to herself.

And though we texted throughout the day, it wasn't enough. Not to mention the time difference between the two countries. I just couldn't wait to have her back here again with me. Because though it's just been days, I felt homesick and needed the raven's arms back in their place around me.

I was also incredibly curious to hear what she'd have to say, not having disclosed anything over texts. Her trip wasn't a vacation after all, and I wondered if she obtained any valuable information that could help us dig out some dirt on Chanyeol. I didn't even spare a thought to the possibility it's all just been a coincidence, knowing this was the only lead we had and if it didn't work out, all of this would be over, and eventually, I would have to get back to the life I had with my husband.

Naturally, I didn't share this with Lisa, not daring to see her reaction when I told her our current living situation was merely temporary and if her brother and Chanyeol weren't involved. Albeit I was sure deep down she already knew that just refused to acknowledge it. It was obvious to both the women I stayed with while Lisa was gone, so I was sure Lisa was only avoiding the issue.

However, not only was I curious about what she would say once she came back, but I also worried about the younger woman. Despite the pictures I've seen of her in prison that Chanyeol showed me, I knew Lisa would be seeing her brother for the first time since he committed the crime. I trusted her because though she withheld important information from me; I knew her motive wasn't malicious, but one to protect me from the pain the truth would cause. I knew I had no reason not to trust her, so despite the "evidence" Chanyeol showed me prior to everything, I chose to disregard it.

Chanyeol couldn't be trusted, I was sure of as much. Since the beginning he tried to put me to my knees and completely annihilate any source of happiness I have ever had, only adding pain to the already existing wounds. It wasn't surprising at all he would show me photoshopped pictures just to make me hate the woman more.

For that reason, I was concerned about her. Because since she hadn't seen him since then - despised him even, based on what she told me I knew this would be hard on her. Especially if she was all alone, unable to contact me, or anyone else, properly. She would meet him after years of separation; the man she trusted, she loved, she grew up with, who has transformed into a killer. In no world was that an easy task and I got anxious whenever I, as much as, thought of it. The meeting would surely take a toll on Lisa's heart, and it hurt me too, knowing she was in pain, feeling betrayed, and couldn't make it any better.

I couldn't even imagine what this was like for her. When he was all she ever had, only for him to turn into someone she never knew; into someone, she didn't recognize. For the man, she described as warm and kind to turn into a cold-blooded murderer fueled by what... revenge? Jealousy? She must have felt absolutely betrayed and broken-hearted when she lost the only family she had left. And I couldn't do anything to help her.

Shaking those thoughts away, I forced a smile, "Alright, have a safe flight. I can't wait to see you," I spoke earnestly.

"I can't wait to see you too," she confessed and though I couldn't see her, I recognized the smile in her voice that would always make me melt whenever I'd see it, "Bye baby, I love you,"

"I love you too,"

The line went silent as Lisa ended the call, and I collapsed on the bed with, this time, a happy smile on my face. I have disregarded every trace of worry when I knew she would be back in just a few hours. Just one more night without her and I'd have her back in my arms, where she belonged.

"Someone's in a good mood,"

I lifted my head off of the pillows as I heard Jisoo's voice, the older woman leaning against the doorframe with a smile on her face, Leo rubbing himself against her legs.

"I was just on the phone with, Lisa,"

"Of course," she snorted, "Did you guys have phone sex?"

"W-What?!" I choked on my own spit, coughing vigorously, my cheeks warming up.

"Did you guys have phone sex?" she repeated flatly, her eyebrows raised in question as if that was a completely normal thing to ask.

"I heard you the first time," I shook my head as I caught my breath, and sat up.

"Why'd you ask then?" Jisoo rolled her eyes, waiting for an answer.

"Why'd you think? Not exactly a normal thing to ask, now is it? No words Jisoo, literally no words,"

"Huh," she hummed, a smirk forming on her lips, "Not denying it I see. I thought you looked more chipper than usual. One would think you'd at least close the door, though. Are you into voyeurism, Chaeng? Not judging or anything, but that's kinda nasty,"

"How does Jennie put up with you again?"

"What do you mean, put up?" she made air quotes as she stared at me incredulously, "I'm an absolute delight,"

"Yeah right. But to answer your question; no. We didn't have phone sex," I rolled my eyes with a groan.

"You don't seem thrilled about that," she teased.

"I'm not happy about you asking me if we had phone sex and accusing me of voyeurism," I pointed out sharply.

"Fair point. Anyway—"

"So did they?" Jennie cut her off as she walked past her wife.

"No," Jisoo huffed and Jennie punched the air victoriously, leaving me staring at them absolutely baffled.

"Ha! In your face! You owe me twenty bucks, love," Jennie leaned forward, kissing the older one's cheek and winking before continuing towards the stairs.

"You bet on me?!"

"Clearly," Jisoo rolled her eyes, "You really couldn't have spiced things up at least a little? Look what you caused. Now she's going to act all high and mighty all week,"

"Seriously?" I scoffed.

"Yeah! You know how she can be. Fucking show off," she muttered the last bit under her breath, completely unaware of the incredulous look I was giving her.

"I heard that!" Jennie yelled from downstairs, causing Jisoo to flinch but yell back nonetheless.

"Good! You were supposed to!"

"You sure you want to join Chaeyoung?"

Jisoo's face went pale as she contemplated her options, completely ignoring my presence, "I love you!" she yelled back finally.

"That's what I thought! Now stop being a sore loser and come do the dishes!"

With a heavy sigh, she turned back to me, "See what you caused? It would've been so simple too. Could've started with the obvious, "What are you wearing?"," she mocked in a sultry voice, "But no, you gotta be a prude," she huffed.

"You're such an asshole," I exclaimed, short of breath, "You wagered on my sex life,"

"What sex life?" Jisoo snorted, earning a glare.

Just before she had the chance to turn away, I flipped her off, making a laugh fall from her lips, "Fuck you,"

"I won't, but Lisa definitely should!" she called past her shoulder as she descended the stairs, Jennie joining in on her laughter from downstairs, making me wonder why on earth was I, friends, with either of them.

-

"Chill out, would you? She'll be here any minute,"

"What do you mean, chill out? I'm completely chilled. Heck, I'm totally past the chilling phase, I'm basically frozen. Like an ice cube. See? See?"

"Hey Jen, is this what having kids is like?" she looked me up and down with faux disgust before returning her attention to Jennie, "Because if so, I don't want it,"

"Oh shut up," I groaned.

"You've been practically shaking since you woke up this morning. It's like watching a child get a sugar rush on steroids. I'm honestly just waiting for you to start running circles around the airport,"

"Talk about an over-exaggeration,"

"Well..." Jennie voiced out unsurely, her eyes flickering between me and Jisoo, who was grinning victoriously.

"Seriously? You're on her side?"

"It's not about sides, Chaeng. It's about—"

I didn't catch the end of the sentence as I spotted Lisa among the people pilling into the hall and bolted toward her like, admittedly, a child on a sugar rush, on steroids. I was pretty sure I even left a fiery line behind me.

So when I jumped into the surprised woman's arms and she caught me without tumbling to the ground, I was beyond surprised. Her hands left the luggage, causing it to fall to the ground, in favor of holding me up by my thighs as my legs wrapped around her waist. My arms wrapped around her neck as I hugged her tightly, exhaling a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"I take it you missed me," she teased, hoisting me up on her arms and flushing our bodies together. And despite the playful tone in her voice, I could tell she missed me just as much from the way she was holding on to me.

"You have no idea," I mumbled against the side of her neck.

"I missed you too," she smiled, kissing the side of my head as she held me close.

"Alright you two," I heard Jisoo clap her hands as she approached us, "Break it up. Come on guys, it's been three days. Why are you acting like you've been apart for months? Jeez, can you believe these two?" she asked, who I assumed to be Jennie, because though I refused to lift my head from the crook of Lisa's neck, who else could she possibly address.

And when I didn't hear an answer in return, I could only imagine Jennie shaking her head with disappointment at her now innocently looking wife. So though I wasn't really sure what was going on, I reluctantly unwrapped one of my arms from around Lisa, giving Jisoo the middle finger, though I wasn't sure if I was really flipping off her, or a random person walking behind us. I was willing to take my chances, though.

"Wow, really nice, Chaeng," Jisoo spoke in annoyance, making me grin against Lisa's skin before returning my arm to its previous position around Lisa, "This is what we get for our hospitality?"

"Speaking of which," Lisa pulled her head back to look at me with that gentle smile of hers that I absolutely adored, "How have you been? Have they been taking good care of you?"

Looking behind me accusingly, I spoke "If by good care you mean betting on our sex life—"

"Once again, what sex life?" I heard Jisoo quip, the remark followed by a snicker from her wife.

"Then yes. The best,"

"Are we even surprised," Lisa rolled her eyes playfully, not before glaring at Jisoo though, who stopped snickering immediately, "You know that one is like a fifteen-year-old trapped in a twenty-six-year-old body,"

"Am not!" Jisoo argued with a stomp and a pout, earning a slap from Jennie, who silently told her to get her act together, "I mean," she cleared her throat, "That is simply false,"

"Thank you for proving my point," Lisa grinned and leaned forward, finally planting her lips on mine.

"I did no such thing," I heard the older grumble, making me smile against Lisa's lips as I tangled my fingers in her hair, pulling her closer.

"Hi," I grinned as we pulled back, my lips hovering over hers, the world around us lost to me.

"Hey," her pearly white teeth showed as she smiled widely, before leaning forward again, placing a quick peck to my lips before rubbing her nose against mine, causing me to scrunch it up adorably.

"You guys are so sickeningly sweet. Someone get me an EpiPen, I think I just got diabetes,"

"Don't be jealous cause you ain't us," Lisa shot back.

Slowly Lisa let me down on the ground again, much to my dismay, however, her hand slipped into my straight away, which made me smile contently. Her free hand grabbed her luggage that she refused to give me, despite offering to take it on numerous occasions as we walked towards the exit, into the brisk evening air.

After we all piled into Jisoo's car, she began driving back to their apartment in Brooklyn so we could pick up my things, and Leo, before going back to Lisas. The drive wasn't silent, though. Questions about Lisa's trip to Thailand were thankfully avoided, however, none of us daring to ask the questions we most wanted answers to.

But it seemed that I generalized all of us for nothing, as after about twenty minutes of driving, Jisoo spoke, "So, how was Thailand?" making me facepalm inwardly. Because even if the question wasn't directed at what had happened with her brother, the whole thing most probably wasn't a pleasant experience.

"It was okay," Lisa shrugged and gave me a small, but genuine smile, as I squeezed her hand in my lap, "I didn't get to see much of it, however, I went to the market on my second day. I forgot just how different it is there than it is here. So many foods and smells, and the music and atmosphere. It was really amazing. I wish you could all see it. I think you'd like it,"

"Maybe we should all go—" Jisoo stopped mid-sentence as she threw her head back and sneezed loudly. Thank God we were at a red light because I was pretty sure had the car been moving, Jisoo would've crashed with the force of the sneeze.

"Bless you," Jennie and I spoke in unison, while Lisa stayed silent, still looking at me with that adoring smile on her cute face that I just wanted to squish between my hands, because God, she was so endearing.

"Are you not even going to say 'bless you'?" Jisoo accused the Thai, picking up on her silence.

"I'm sitting here with you, you've clearly been blessed enough," Lisa answered sharply as Jennie and I burst out laughing while Jisoo stared back at Lisa through the rearview mirror, mouth opened in shock.

"I think I preferred you when you were all meek and gloomy," Jisoo grumbled from the driver's seat, "Anyway, yeah we should totally go some time. I'd love to see Lisa among her own,"

"Aww that's sweet," Lisa cooed.

"I meant the monkeys, idiot,"

This time it was Lisa's turn to stare with her mouth hanging open, making all of us laugh again. It was only when Lisa glared at me did I try to suppress my laughter, smiling instead as I leaned forward, pecking her cheek.

"Payback," Jisoo winked before the topic of conversation took another turn as Jennie decided to fill Lisa in on everything she had missed while she was gone.

...

After I collected my bags and Leo, Lisa, and I made our way back to her loft. We had a few things to talk about and we'd prefer to talk among ourselves first, before talking to the married couple about it. It wasn't anything personal, or that we didn't trust the two. It was all just so messy and complicated we'd rather understand it first before explaining it to someone else.

The pair understood and as we left the apartment; we promised we'd update them and keep them posted if anything new came up. And though, perhaps we had more pressing issues that required our attention, it couldn't be helped that when the door shut closed behind us, all bags were discarded in favor of holding each other.

"God, I missed you," Lisa groaned as I pushed her up against the wall, kissing her lips harshly, surely leaving a bruise behind.

Lisa spun us around and pressed me against the wall instead, making sure she wasn't forceful to avoid any unwanted reactions it could trigger. And though I was a big fan of being rough when things got heated, her tenderness was more than welcomed. At least for the time being.

Every time she would be attentive like this, no matter the situation, my heart would swell with love for the younger woman. No matter how passionate, heated, or hungry we were, she would always make sure to put me and my needs first, not once forgetting. I admired her really because I knew from personal experience I couldn't keep my thoughts straight. How she managed to hold herself back from slamming me against the surface would remain a mystery to me.

And though her actions were always tender, her kisses most definitely weren't.

Raking my fingers through her hair, I pulled her closer as she pushed herself between my legs, flushing our bodies together. Her lips kissing mine forcefully, teeth digging into the soft flesh, causing whimpers to fall from my lips that would never reach anyone's ears as she swallowed them.

I slid one of my legs along her calf, hooking it around her waist and Lisa took it as an invitation to push herself even further into me, making me moan into her mouth as she made contact with my clothed center, "Lisa," I moaned as she pressed her thigh into me, causing my hips to buck involuntarily, "Baby. You should probably rest—" her lips latched onto mine, silencing my next words. But I, with great self-restraint, turned my head to the side, disconnecting our lips forcefully.

"You just got off a long flight. Aren't, you tired?"

"Oh, I'm the furthers thing from tired right now," she trailed her kisses to the corner of my mouth, moving down my jaw.

"Are you sure?" I choked out, stretching my neck to the side to give her more access.

"I want you so bad, I don't think I can wait another minute," Lisa growled, sinking her teeth in the sensitive skin of my neck and sucking harshly.

"I couldn't stop thinking about you," I moaned as she sucked on my sweet spot, already grinding myself against her thigh.

"What about me?" she questioned as her hands roamed my sides, nearing my breasts, causing me to shiver in her arms.

"Your lips. Your hands. Your killer abs," she chuckled against my skin at the compliment but refrained from halting in her actions, "Your hands on me," I gasped as her hands palmed my breasts through the thin material of my shirt, "touching me,"

"Touching you where?" she squeezed my breasts.

My back arched off the wall, pressing my chest into her hands as I gasped for air, "Everywhere," and placed my hand over hers, "Here," I said as I made her left hand squeeze my breast again before sliding it down my body until I reached my core and leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "Here,"

"Fuck, you're so hot," Lisa groaned as she picked me up by my ass, pressing me into the wall and biting the skin around my clavicles, "Maybe we should have phone sex next time,"

"No," I disagreed as her fingers dug into my jean-clad ass, her lips not ceasing their kisses against my skin, "You're not leaving anywhere without me again,"

"Wouldn't dream of it," she emphasized her words as she pressed her pelvis into me, making me moan.

Grabbing her face, I crashed our lips fervently, my tongue immediately meeting hers as our mouths collided. Swirling my tongue around, I caught hers between my lips, sucking it harshly and eliciting a moan from the woman holding me up, making me smirk victoriously against her as I dragged my tongue across her lower lip.

My nails scratched the sides of her neck as our tongues continued dancing together before I left her lips in favor of latching them on every exposed part of skin available. Starting from the corner of her lips, I moved to her jaw, nibbling on the skin, listening for the whimpers Lisa would let out every so often.

Before descending to her neck, however, I moved higher, licking the shell of her ear and dragging my tongue against it slowly. I felt her hands grip me more tightly at the action as I felt her shiver slightly, her head tipping to the side.

"I can't wait to feel you," I whispered hotly in her ear as I caught her earlobe between my lips, rolling it with my tongue, "I'm so wet for you baby,"

"Alright, that's enough," Lisa peeled me off the wall, as she moved us to the bed, stumbling a few times on her way, sometimes halting in her steps completely to retain her composure, as I'd whisper a few words into her ear.

She sat on the edge of the mattress, keeping me in her lap as her lips returned to mine, kissing me hungrily, making me lose my breath and my head spin. I was getting drunk on the way she touched me; she kissed me and caressed me. The way her big hands palmed my behind, before squeezing it harshly, pressing me against her further, and in return, earning a desperate moan from my mouth. I was sure if she didn't touch me soon, I'd explode.

Her hands skimmed the hem of my shirt teasingly, knowing exactly what she was doing to me from the sly smirk she wore when she pulled away. But I was too impatient for her games, and so I pulled it off myself, clearly startling the woman beneath me when I removed my bra with it, freeing my breasts.

Lisa just stared, as if seeing them for the first time and though it was incredibly arousing when she looked at me like a starved animal at its prey, right now, I needed her to act, "Lisa," I called for her attention, causing her head to snap upwards, sending a jolt to my core as I met her lust blown pupils, "Suck them," I whined.

Without breaking off the eye contact, she leaned down, licking upwards across my nipple, and though I had the urge to throw my head back, I held her eyes. That's when her lips enclosed my nipple, suckling harshly and I could no longer stop myself, my head rolling back as my eyes fell close in bliss, letting out a long moan "Just like that," I encouraged, my fingers winding up in her hair, pulling her into my chest,

One of her free hands slid up and down my thighs, while her other moved to my left breast, kneading the neglected flesh. My hips bucked as I rolled my hips against her, slowly building up the pressure between my thighs as Lisa kept her mouth on my breast, sucking and biting around my nipple, surely leaving several marks behind.

"You're mine," she whispered, and I barely heard it over the moan that soon followed as she bit the sensitive nub.

"Yours," I agreed breathlessly, speeding up the movement of my hips against her lap as she switched to the other breast, circling the erected nipple with her tongue, making goosebumps appear on my skin.

Her nails scraped my breast, grazing the sensitive nub only barely, and though the touch was hardly there, it made my back arch in a perfect bow as I pushed my chest to her further with a quiet moan. It was then that I made the mistake of looking down at the woman massaging and sucking my breasts.

She was following my every movement closely, her eyes boring into mine as she swirled her tongue around the dusky nipple. The picture before me was so erotic, I felt my pussy gush, soaking my already drenched underwear further, making me feel highly uncomfortable in my clothes. And though the sight before me was the sexiest thing I have ever seen, my attention was drawn to the red mark on my other breast from the corner of my eye.

When I glanced toward it, I noticed the entire flesh was covered in love marks, leaving red bruises behind. And though I looked at Lisa questioningly, she only smirked, her teeth biting on my nipple and pulling it back with her before releasing, making me gasp.

"Touch me," I begged, "Lisa, please. I can't take it anymore,"

"Undress yourself for me, baby,"

Getting off her lap, Lisa leaned back on her elbows, watching me lustfully as I undid the button of my jeans. Moving my eyes to Lisas, I held the eye contact without budging as I began sliding the fabric down my legs. And though it was clear Lisa tried, her eyes drifted to my exposed legs, tongue darting out, wetting her lips as she stared at me as if I were her favorite meal.

Pushing them down my ankles, I threw the jeans toward Lisa who caught them expertly and threw them to the side, her eyes not once leaving my nearly naked form. Smirking as her eyes fell to my core, I reached down, dragging a single digit through my labia, moaning softly. Lisa's eyes shot up, meeting mine as she gulped visibly, "Fuck," she groaned.

My smirk widened as I watched her eyes bulge when I slipped my hand inside my underwear, whimpering as my hand made contact with my sensitive core. Gathering my juices on my finger, I pulled my hand back out, making a show of displaying to Lisa just how aroused I was.

Her eyes darkened as she stared at my glistening finger, her tongue darting out once again, dragging across her lips, and I sauntered towards her. Holding my finger up to her lips, she opened her mouth eagerly as she looked up at me. My breath hitched as she closed her lips around my digit, sucking my juices off greedily, humming at the taste.

Pulling my finger out, a string of saliva followed and Lisa licked her lips with a lazy, satisfied smile, "Delicious,"

My clit pulsed at the expression joined by her words and without further ado, I pulled my panties down my legs, stepping out of them once they hit the ground.

"Beautiful," Lisa mumbled as she reached for my hands, "Absolutely beautiful,"

Settling back on her lap, Lisa kissed me, making me taste my own juices on her tongue, fuelling my arousal further. I was now sure if she didn't do something, I would just fuck myself because I couldn't take it anymore. And seeing as the Thai made no move to touch me, I grabbed her hand, leading it to my soaking core.

My breath hitched in anticipation as I felt the tip of her finger brush against my sensitive skin. But before I could feel any pleasure at all, Lisa pulled her hand away, and out of my hold, "No," she shook her head.

"What do you mean, no?" I asked in frustration, "Lisa I'm so fucking—"

"You want to come so bad, fuck yourself," she cut me off.

"W-What?" I stuttered.

"You heard me," she leaned forward, her lips grazing my ear, "Get yourself off on my thigh," and shifted her legs so my left slid off her until I was only straddling one of hers.

I was a goner and at this point, I didn't care anymore how I reached an orgasm. So without giving it a second thought, I dragged my pussy against her clothed thigh, "That's it, baby," she praised as she returned her lips to my breast, taking my nipple between her teeth, pulling gently "Just like that,"

My hips moved against her as I ground myself on her thigh wildly, with no sense of speed or direction, only thinking about the impending orgasm I was soon to reach. Especially when Lisa's mouth kept sucking on my breast, her hands roaming my back, her words of encouragement reaching my ears as I fucked myself.

However, it was when I felt her hands palming my ass as she helped me move faster did I almost lost it, "Lisa!" I moaned as I bucked my hips, not caring one bit I was spreading my arousal all over her light-colored sweatpants, "God, I'm going to come, baby,"

"That's right, come for me, beautiful," her teeth sunk into my breast as I humped her faster, my clit rubbing against her, creating delicious friction spreading through my entire body like electricity, "Let go," she pulled me towards her roughly, her nails digging into the ample flesh of my ass.

"Fuck yes!" I chanted, my hips bucking uncontrollably against her, "Lisa!" I screamed her name, throwing my head back and arching my back as I trashed against her thigh, orgasm rippling through me.

"That's it, baby," she moved her kisses up my stretched neck, "God, you're so sexy. So beautiful,"

My hips kept moving against her as I rode out my orgasm, panting into Lisa's ear as I leaned into her, her arms encircling my back as she held me close, "I love you," I managed to say when my breathing slowed, only the rapid heartbeat remaining.

"I love you, too," she kissed the side of my head.

"That was so hot," I confessed as I pulled back to look at her, lips now formed in a smug smile.

"Enjoyed that, did you?"

"Mhm," I hummed and licked her neck, "Just how I'm sure you'll enjoy what's coming next,"

I smiled in satisfaction as I heard Lisa's breath hitch in her throat, and moved my hand to her breast, eager to reciprocate.

-

The next morning I woke up well-rested. Finally, now that Lisa was back, I felt like I could truly relax and not worry about a thing. After spending the last two nights alone, I welcomed Lisa's company, having missed her arms around me as we slept, bodies tightly pressed together. And though we spent most of last night awake, performing bodily exertions, once we did fall asleep, I felt like on cloud nine. I woke up fresh and happy, and in Lisa's arms. And really, what more could I have asked for.

It took us a while to get out of bed, though, picking up where we left off the other night. I had to admit, upon the first glance of a person who knew nothing about us, this must have been strange. We haven't seen each other for three days, yet we acted as if it were months. But no one could possibly understand what that separation meant for us.

We have spent so much time apart, overcame so many obstacles that what was happening right now, even though I was hiding away from my own husband, just seemed too good to be true. It's like we were both waiting for something to happen to ruin our shared bliss and happiness. Because something always did. And unknowingly, without sharing our fear with one another, we were both worried something would happen during just those three days.

So when nothing did, and Lisa returned safely, a tremendous weight was lifted off of my shoulders and it felt like I could finally breathe again. Because a part of me worried so much we wouldn't see each other like this again if she left. It wasn't necessarily separation anxiety, not really. It was just the dread hanging above our heads, ready to drop any second. Being with her felt too good to be true, and so I waited anxiously for something to disrupt our peace.

And though something could still go wrong, I couldn't be bothered to think about it. Not now that she was back, and I knew that whatever life would throw at us, we would concur together. So yes, we might have acted like a "married couple" sometimes. We might have been too attached to one another, but who could blame us. After everything, I was just so happy she was back and I could feel her against my skin again.

Leo, on the other hand, wasn't so happy. Completely lost in each other, we forgot about the poor animal still inside his crate, and it was only hours later that his incessant meowing reminded us of his presence.

Lisa practically jumped out of bed to set her cat free from the confines of the crate, and apologized profusely, tears welling up in her eyes. The cat, however, didn't seem like one to just forget and forgive. So without sparing the younger woman a glance, the cat jumped up into its tree house, ignoring its owner promptly as she hung her head in shame.

Thankfully, I found my own way of cheering her up after that. However, we were both reminded of the incident once we finally got out of bed, not earlier than eleven in the morning, the cat ignoring both of us. He didn't even meow or called for attention as he usually would so he'd get fed. No, this time he stayed silent, only glaring at us whenever he'd pass by.

Lisa would hang her head, guilt overtaking her every time her "beautiful baby" (really, I was quite close to being jealous of an actual cat at that point) would walk past her without acknowledgment. She even gave him extra treats with breakfast and I had to bite my tongue not to suggest she'd leave the treats out altogether as the cat was getting chubbier by the day. But knowing that would've been a deal-breaker and Lisa would probably throw me out on the street for "fat-shaming" her cat, I kept my thoughts to myself and only shook my head with a fond smile. Because though she was spoiling the little animal to no end, I had to admit it was beyond adorable.

It was when we finished breakfast though, did this heavy tension of unspoken words fall upon us. We could both sense it as we squirmed in our seats, avoiding eye contact as we sipped our coffee painfully slow, hoping to delay the inevitable conversation we were putting off since yesterday.

Both of us were uncomfortable though, it was obvious. So, though, I didn't feel like disrupting our little bubble of paradise; I knew it had to be done. And the sooner we'd get some answers, the sooner this bubble could become a permanent reality... or so I hoped.

With a heavy sigh, I put the mug down from my lips, seeking Lisa's eyes that wouldn't budge, knowing what conversation was to follow if she met my eyes, "Lisa," I called her name, hoping she would stop avoiding the issue now.

"Hm?" she hummed in question, her eyes, however, trained on the countertop of the island.

Placing a hand above hers holding the mug, Lisa finally looked at me and I gave her a small smile, "We need to talk,"

"Yeah," Lisa sighed, letting her head drop against my shoulder, "I know,"

We both got down from the stools, walking to the living room area where we sat down on the couch, bare thighs touching at our closeness that we refused to break, "So," I started, unsure.

"So... " Lisa parroted my words but failed to say anything afterward.

"What did he say?" I got straight to the point, anxiety rising as Lisa kept delaying telling me whatever she found out, making me believe it wasn't good.

"He just," she began but groaned before she could disclose any information, placing the coffee mug on the coffee table to wind her hands up in her hair in frustration, "Rosie, he is so... I don't even know,"

"I'm sorry," I said earnestly, placing a hand on her back, rubbing soothingly, "I know it must have been hard for you, seeing him after so long... in such a state. Are you okay?" I asked instead, forgoing the original question in favor of Lisa's feelings. Because after all, that was all that really mattered anyway, that she was okay. It was a little insensitive of me to disregard her feelings just because of my curiosity, and now I was determined to right my mistake.

"Yeah," she sighed sadly, her hand searching for mine as she brought it from her back to her lips, kissing my knuckles, "it was. I don't know what I expected. Of course, he would look all... unruly and unkempt, and just like he let himself go. It's a prison, after all. I guess I just didn't expect it to hit me the way it did. Especially not after what he's done to you. I'm sorry Rosie—"

"No," I shook my head, my mug joining Lisas on the coffee table as I cupped her cheek, forcing her to look at me, "Don't you dare apologize. What happened wasn't your fault, just like it isn't your fault that it was him who did it. He's still your family, it's only natural it will affect you. Don't feel guilty for feeling like that just because I've been hurt too, okay?"

She leaned into my touch, kissing the inside of my palm before looking deeply into my eyes, "Thank you," her voice was laced with emotion as she looked at me and I smiled gently, to let her know I meant it, "It's just, I hate him. I really do. For what he's done to you, to your family, for betraying me. But I guess when I looked at him, I still saw that little boy that took care of me whenever he could, even if he came home late, exhausted. And I just can't comprehend how the same person who loved me so unconditionally could do something like that. And then just seeing him there... he looked so underweight like he isn't getting enough food. He looked sick and broken and God, it was still so horrible seeing him like that, even if he deserves it after what he's done,"

"I'm so sorry, Lili. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you and that you had to go through this alone,"

"You're here now, that's all that matters," she spoke honestly, smiling a little.

"I know you probably feel like you can't talk to me about this because of what happened, but I don't want you to bottle up these emotions, okay? You can always tell me what's bothering you, even if it's about him. I understand how hard this must be and I hate the thought of you going through it alone, especially because you think I'd get upset if I found out it bothered you,"

"You're the best, you know that?"

"I try," I smiled as I leaned forward, resting my forehead against hers, "I'm always going to be here for you, no matter what,"

"Thank you," I felt her lips brush against mine at our closeness and I couldn't resist closing the gap between us, pecking her lips softly, letting her know I have meant my words.

"We talked," she resumed answering my previous question as we pulled away, our joined hands resting in her lap, "but I don't think you'll be happy,"

"What did he say?" I asked, inwardly already panicking.

"I asked him if he knew anything. I didn't even ask about the phone call at first. I just tried to see if he was willing to talk to me at all,"

"And?" I asked impatiently, but Lisa just shook her head.

"Nothing."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5K 24
"i'm so fucking scared." - jennie "you make me feel like nobody's made me feel before." - rosé a chaennie story. [ will become mature ]
11.4K 975 43
Manoban Lalisa didn't plan for her life to be on the run with a newly born to protect and raise, but the situation she's in doesn't give her any othe...
173K 5.3K 36
would you take the chance at love? Even if it's wrong? would you push all through, even if your love is just too impossible to pass? will you? or wil...
108K 2.9K 22
Lisa has never been in love, not after what happened with her last relationship. She would screw around with anyone who was in front of her. Rosé, s...