Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type

224K 4K 533
By TaraLDeclan

Chapter Fourteen

Payton’s POV

            I sit beside Lila’s bed and hold her hand in mine. I have already visited Ms. Rose and now I am sitting here with Lila. “Lila, I don’t know what to do,” I whisper to her. “The more time I spend with Reece the more I begin to like him, but I can’t like him! If I like him I am going to get hurt because there is no way in hell he would ever like me. He could never like me. What do I do? I still want be his friend,” I say as I shift in my seat. A ripple shoots through my stomach and I realize that I am hungry.

            “Lila, I just want you to wake up. Life has been so tough and I just want you back,” I say softly as tears slowly begin to leak out of my eyes. I reach up quickly and use the back of my hand to whip away my tears. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. I tighten my grip lightly around her hand. My phone beeps and I retrieve it from my pocket looking at it.

Mom: I am bringing home dinner. I will be home in an hour. XOXO

            I smile at the text and see the time is 7:00 pm, I better go swing by Reece’s room and say bye. I cannot believe he wants me stop back by! That is just freaking crazy! Standing up I lean down and brush my lips against her pale, cool forehead. “I love you Lila Bug,” I say as I stroke her cheek. I slowly walk to the door and hold it open while I spare on last look over my shoulder at her sad sleeping form. A single tear falls from my eye and I whip it away. I shut the door behind me and breathe in a deep breath of the hospital reek, the smell of cleaning supplies and disinfectant spray. Taking a step forward I begin my slow walk back to the elevator. Once I reach it, I let the doctor’s and nurse’s aboard get off as they wave at me, smile, or say ‘hi’. Then, once they are all off I step on and hit the button.

            The elevator begins to move and I try cheer myself up as I head for his floor. Ding, the elevator chimes as the doors slide open I get off of it and a few people step on. I begin down the hall and to his room. Why did he want me to come back by? Does that mean something?

            Oh course it doesn’t mean anything! My voice inside my head laughs at me.

            Shut up! I mumble to it! Gosh it is so annoying. I stand outside his room and take a deep breath. I can do this, I tell myself as a sea of butterflies erupts in my stomach. Stupid nerves! I softly knock on the door and it creaks open and I see Georgia in front of me smiling. She has her blonde hair in curls, light make up on, and is wearing a pair of designer jeans and a blouse.

            “Payton! My dear!” she says happily as she pulls me into a bone crushing hug. “Reece said you were going stop back by I am so happy to see you,” she tells me as she pulls me into the room.

            As I step inside and she shuts the door behind me I see a curly blonde hair girl, Juliet, with stunning blue eyes like Reece and she is wearing make-up also and she is sitting in the chair by Reece’s bed. She is wearing a blue sweater dress with black leggings underneath and a pair of converses. She is beautiful and I wish I looked like her just a little bit. She seems preppy, but yet she seems like a rebel. I am not sure anything about her, but I will figure it out.

            Sitting on the couch near the couch by the window is Conner. His dirty blond hair is sticking up and he has a smile on his face. The short sleeve, navy blue shirt he is wearing shows his muscles making him hot and they go well with his blue jeans and white snickers. He is smiling down at Rayne and her brown hair is in a braid and her blue eyes are shining. She is wearing a hoodie and a jean skirt with tennis shoes.

            His dad is sitting on the other side of Rayne with his brown hair neatly styled and his bright green eyes shining. Reece is sitting up in his bed and starting at the ceiling with a blank look upon his face. His brown hair is all stylish and his blue eyes are glistening and his face looks so much better without his facial hair. I say I did very well at shaving his face.

            “Hey Conner, Rayne, Mr. Collins… and hi Reece,” I say as I smile at everyone.

            “You haven’t met Juliet yet have you dear?” Georgia asks still smiling. “Juliet, this is Payton. Payton this is Juliet,” she introduces us and Juliet smiles at me.

            “Hi, it is nice to meet you Payton,” Juliet says her voice is nice and pretty.

            “It’s nice meet you to Juliet,” I say with a smile. I look around for somewhere to sit while Georgia sits on the last chair.

             I just stand their smiling. “You came back,” Reece says and a slight smile appears on his face as his eyes look in my direction.

            “Payton if you want you can sit on my lap?” Conner voice says and I look at his joking face rolling my eyes.

            “Why would she sit on your lap?” Reece asks from his bed confused.

            I laugh lightly and look at Conner and raise an eyebrow. “Because there is nowhere else to sit,” he says and a cocky smile rises on his face. I may not have known him long, but that smile makes me think he is up to something. Reece is quiet for a second and then shifts in his bed. He reaches down with one of his strong arms and pats the bed beside him.

            “Here Payton you can sit by me,” he says and I feel the blood rise to my cheeks.

            Slowly I walk over and sit down beside him. His side brushing against mine and I feel sparks shot through me. “Happy?” I ask with a smirk trying to hide the blush.

            He turns his head to me and I store into his eyes. “Ecstatic,” he says as his lips turn up into a smirk. “Did you go see everyone else you needed too?” he asks me in a soft voice. I look up and see everyone staring at us, but once I caught them their heads snap the other direction and begin talking among themselves.

            “I did,” I say as I look in his eyes and quickly pry mine away in fear of the feelings that were bubbling up within me. “But, I have to leave soon,” I say softly and stare at his perfect lips. That was a bad idea, almost as bad as staring at his eyes. I wonder what it be like to have those lips pressed against mine. His arms wrapped around me. No! Bad Payton! I tear my eyes from his lips and look at his forehead. That is a safe place to look.

            He’d never kiss you! The voice in my head laughs and I groan.

            “Ok, well guess what?” Reece says in a upbeat tone and I cannot help but smile.

            “What?” I ask with a light laugh.

            “I get to go home the day after tomorrow!” he says with a big smile.

            My smile falls and I try to stay happy. If he goes home he won’t be my friend anymore. “That’s great,” I say in a fake tone.

            “Yeah,” he says softly and I feel his hand touch my arm and his fingers brush my skin sending sparks to me. “I was wonder…” he trails off nervously. “Would you come over and visit me when I am out. Spend time with me and stuff?” he asks me as his hand still rests on my arm.

            He want me to come over!!! Ohmygosh!! “Sure,” I say as I nod my head.

            “Great!” he says with a smile and we sit in silence for a few minutes.

            My phone beep and I looks at the time, 7:45, it reads.

            “I have to get going,” I say as I scot off the bed.

            “Oh, alright,” he sighs.

            “I will see you tomorrow morning for Lesson 2,” I say with a smile and he nods his head.

            “Bye everyone!” I say as I head for the door and they all reply with byes. I go to the care and drive home.

*^*^^^*^*^*^*^

            Clank! Bang!

            “What the…?” I sit up straight in my bed and rub my eyes. The banging and clacking continues. I roll out of my bed and pull on a pair of shirts off of the floor. I look at my window to see the morning sun peaking through. I groan tug at my hair as I walk to my door and to the kitchen. I squint at my mom who is bouncing around the kitchen fixing something.

            “Mom?” I mumble in a sleepy voice. She freezes and turns to look at me.

            “Yes?” she says in a chipper voice.

            “What are you doing?” I groan as I walk to the table and sit down. Placing my elbow on the table top and resting my head on my hand.

            “I was going make you breakfast,” she says smiling.

            I pull my eyebrows together giving her a suspicious look. “Why?” I ask confused.

            “Can I not make a meal for my lovely daughter?” she asks with a fake hurt expression. I give her that ‘are-you-serious’ look and she sighs.

            “No, you cannot,” I say stressing the cannot. “Why are you so happy anyhow?” I add with an expecting look.

            “Well I have just one month left of school and then I graduate and I can get a good paying job and we won’t be so poor,” she says with a large smile.

            A frown appears on my face, if only it was that easy. I really don’t want to burst her bubble. “Mom that still won’t take care of the hospital bills” I say glumly.

            “I know, but I won’t have to pay for school anymore,” she mumbles with a frown.

            My heart cracks seeing my mom sad so I force a smile on my face. “I am happy for you, mom,” I say and stand up hugging her. Well at least I am now awake.

            “Thank you,” she says softly hugging me back and I feel so warm and safe in my mom’s arms. She pulls away and returns to the eggs she is making and I go sit back at the table. “Payton? I have being meaning to ask you, whose car you have?” she asks with her serious mom voice.

            “You know Reece Collins the boy who was shot?” I ask my mom and she looks at me confused.       

            “Yes…” she says slowly.

            “Well I met his mom at the hospital and helped her. Then she had something to do and asked if I would sit with him. I agreed and we became friends. Well we are kind of each other’s only friends. Any who I am teaching him Braille. I stay with him and talk. So Georgia his mom had an extra car, their rich, and let me use it so I don’t bother you with bringing me every day,” I say and smile as I think about Reece.

            “Oh wow! What nice people! I would love to meet them! And you have a friend I am happy for you,” she says and then pauses. “One question, why are you teaching him Braille?” she asks me confusion all over her face.

            “He’s blind,” I state sadly and her face falls.

            “Awe I’m sorry I asked,” she says and drops some scrambled eggs on my plate and gets water from the fridge. She places both on the table in front of me.

            “Its fine,” I say as I begin to eat and she gets her own plate and water, sitting across from me.

            “Payton, I just want you to know that I am so proud of you and you are amazing person for looking on the inside of people and you have such a kind heart. I love you so much,” she says with tear filled eyes.

            “Awe, thanks mom, I love you too and I learned from the best,” I say to her and she smile then eats her food.

After ten minutes I am done and I stand up. “I have to go get dressed for the hospital,” I tell my mom as I stand up and head to my room.

When I reach my locker I pull out a t-shirt and black zip hoodie and change into them. Then I switch out my shorts for a pair of navy blue sweat pants. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and pull my hair back into a bun. I return to my room grabbing my purse and keys and slipping on shoes. I race to the kitchen where I tell my mom I love her and head to the car getting inside and excited to get to the hospital. I want see Reece, it’s weird, but I feel this pull to him and I want more. Especially if I look in his eyes I am a goner. To bad he will never see me that way. If he wasn’t blind we would have carried on never speaking and thinking of that kills me. I like him and he can never like anyone as ugly as me.

Hey guys! I feel like this chapter sucks:(

I am sorry about the ending it's just i need to end this chapter so i did it this away.

Thank you all so very much for your support!!

I have been told by some of you that you think i have talent at writing, that im a good writer, thatd i be a good author and i wanted to say thank you!! Thant means alot to me to hear! I dont hear that alot so it means alot!! :)

School starts back tomorrow:( so bad news i will not be updateing this book tomorrow! :( i am sorry it's just school makes me very busy!!

However! Last chapter got 59 votes and 36 comments! So i know what you all can do!! :)

So if you want me to update thursday, friday, saturday anddddd sunday here is what HAS to be done. 60 VOTES and 40COMMENTS which includes my replies means i need 20 comments from you all!!:)

I also will make the next chapter awesome!!:))

Thank you so much for your support!!:)

i would die if this book hit the 70's!!

Book trailer still needed!

Quick question: do you think Peece relationship is going to fast?

PLEASE keep up your support!!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE thats how we get more votes and comments!:)

I absolutly love hearing your comments and what you have to say!

I try to reply to everyone!

I can not thank you all enough for makiing so many dreams come true!!

So never be shy comment send me messages pst messages on my wall i dont care i will reply!!

If you ever need help or to talk i am here to!

My fans are my world you guys have made my dreams come true and now i am dreaming bigger!!

I hope one day i will be able to publish this, if it's good enough!!

Thanks again! I love you guys!

Happy 2013! Hopefully it will be a good year for me and Love is Blind!! Thank you all so much!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 311 32
Bailey Pierce has always been the nerd. She has always been the outcast, never asked out to anything or even had a boyfriend. Well, Bailey doesn't mi...
487K 9.9K 47
Sequel to This Time I'll Hang, Close the Door. Summer Quinn has been through a lot. There's been secrets, lies, changes, and promises. Finally some...
1.2K 175 44
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT TO YOUR SHELF, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO NOW!!! OR CLICK HERE:- https://www.amazon...
503K 16.7K 60
If asked, baby Emily Robinson would have gleefully said that, her life revolved around two cornerstones: volleyball, Riley. Volleyball was the pass...