[BOOK 1] Macross: Voltron ||...

By DrCr0ss0ver

Lt. Mathias Hunter Anderson, ace pilot of Macross Garrison, never would have expected to be flung from a war... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: The Unknown Pilot of... Earth??
Chapter 3: History Lesson
Chapter 4: A fight for dear life
Chapter 5: Bloodshed
Chapter 6: The Dimensional Paladin
Chapter 7: Reunion
Chapter 8: Begin the Blitz
Chapter 9: The Siren's Song
Chapter 10: Prisoners + Blood duel
Chapter 11: Graveyard
Chapter 12: Defender of all Universes
Chapter 13: Journal
Chapter 14: Sacrifice
Chapter 15: Death's Door
Chapter 16: Recovery
Chapter 17: SHORT 1: Discovery
Chapter 18: SHORT 2: Destroid Defense
Chapter 20: IGF Macross
Chapter 21: Lion's Pride
Chapter 22: SDF-1, Defender of the Earth
Chapter 23: SDF-0
Chapter 24: Lift off
The Future of the SDVF Series
*SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERS*

Chapter 19: SHORT 3: SDFN-12

58 3 4
By DrCr0ss0ver

I'm so spaced out lol

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Log entry... I... I don't remember the date. At long last, I have finally found the Macross. It was badly damaged, and moss had covered the exterior of the hull. Using the damaged VF-171, I managed to land in one of the main hangars of the ship. I've spent an entire day searching most of the ship, no sign of the crew or any civilians. It looks like they may have abandoned the ship a long time ago. I have found several skeletons, which doesn't make this feel any better.

It looks like the majority of the ship is still intact, and the systems within it may still be operational. Only one problem, I'm only one person, this ship is run by about 10,000. It's especially difficult with the massive amounts of vines that cover the ship. Speaking of which, the vines seem to have 'patched up' the ship, in a sense. It's like placing a bandaid on a ship. I'm heading to the bridge now to see if I can start the ship or at least try to. End Recording."

Mathias sighed as placed the small phone in his pocket and stopped in front of the door to the bridge. He was a little scared at what he might find, but he wasn't sure why. Hesitantly, he pressed the button to open the door, which didn't budge. No shocker. He rolled his eyes as he pressed up on the door and pushed it. A screech came from the metal door as it moved out of the way, giving him access to the bridge of the ship. He glanced around the interior of the bridge and wasn't as fearful as he thought. Like most of the ship, it was entirely abandoned, the once clear glass was a slight green, which he slightly despised. He walked to the captain's chair, and noticed a small, torn white hat on the seat of the chair. He picked up the hat and gently brushed some dust off of the hat.

"This belonged to the Field Commander..." he held the hat close, then drew a deep breath, "I'm sorry, sir... I'm the last of us left..." He pulled the hat closer to his chest and sighed. Looking back up, he gently laid the hat back on the seat and walked over a console directly in front of the captain's chair. He pressed a few buttons that flickered to life, somehow.

"Huh... emergency power systems are still online, a bit shocking, to say the least," he remarked as he pressed a few buttons, "more than enough power to scan the ship and give a report. Perfect." He pressed a few buttons and waited for a moment before a long report came through

"Is this what the bridge crew has to go through on a daily basis? Sheesh..." he slumped forward for a moment then read the list that came in, "let's see... primary systems offline, but can be reactivated, main gun offline and needs slight recharge, Fold systems offline, but operable. Fighters, drones, and Destroids on standby... okay. Major structural damage on the port side, deck 122, section 3, but sealable using bulkheads. It looks like the crew attempted to repair this ship before evacuating it. That makes my job so much easier... Now, let's see if I can get this ship to breathe once again." He walked to a nearby console to his right and pressed some buttons. A hud of the Macross came up on a screen above him, showing several areas starting to turn different shades of grey, red and silver.

He smiled brightly, "amazing! This ancient ship is coming back to life once again! Just like the battleships!" The ship started to shake slightly from the engines and the reactor surging with life, the ship powering up once again. He quickly rushed back to the previous station to monitor some readings.

"Alrighty, looks like power is holding steady, and all major systems are back online!" He shouted with joy. A sudden thought came to mind, making him stop, "wait... if this ship was still operational, why did the crew abandon the ship... that doesn't make any sense." He decided to make his way to a large console with a very tall screen and sit down in the dusty and dirty chair, a small ounce of regret followed him on his action. He cracked his knuckles and began to type on the keys.

"Perhaps the Captain's logs will give me some insight as to why the crew just abandoned this thing..." He spoke as he bypassed the encryptions on the log entries. Lines of code flew by on the screen for a few moments before entries pulled up.

"Let's see... Here's the latest one, dated about two years ago, but I need to go back a little further, see if I can dig up some information..." he muttered as he selected an entry four behind the latest. That's when he noticed there were major gaps in time from the entry's dates. One of which was a month after the previous. A video of a man sitting in a captain's lounge appeared in front of him.

"-We've appeared to be stranded here on the surface of the planet. The Macross, along with the Arlington and the Liberty, are stuck on this planet. I'm hoping to get these three ships back into space shortly." The man's voice was staticky and heavy, but also unsure, judging by Mathias. He played another entry.

"-Our team of engineers have managed to repair most of the Macross' systems, yet the ship still refuses to operate! It's like it has fallen asleep! The other ships appear to be operable... So why is the Macross in a slumber?"

The next log, the captain was replaced by another officer, which made him raise an eyebrow, "-First officer's command log. The Captain has ordered all hands to abandon the fortress. To me, it was foolish to do something so... idiotic. I'll follow his orders... but... I just hope we didn't spend all this time repairing the ship for nothing."

Mathias clicked the last entry, and the captain returned to the screen, looking extremely fatigued, stress had decolored his hairs, "final log... we're leaving the Macross... the other ships are ready to take off... I'm leaving the distress beacon active, in case anyone can help us recover the ship, or if we are dead, know what happened here... I hope to return to the ship shortly..."

"Yeah... 'return to the Macross...' Still, I am baffled by the fact the words captain gave the ship, 'alive, yet asleep'. Maybe I can get this ship into the air once again." He returned to one of the consoles near the front and pressed a few buttons. The status of the engines and reactors came forward on the screen.

"Alright, looks like the engines have warmed up and the reactor is powering up!" Mathias smirked as he placed his hands on the dashboard. He leaned to the console, and began to speak to it as if were a real human being, "listen, buddy... I need you to wake up... I've traveled through universes and seen some crazy shit... needless to say, I've gone through hell and back to find you, and now, I need your power... I need your help to defend the entire universe from the Galra... they've killed us all... all the others... no more ships... no more of the original crew... it's just me and you left now... if you continue to sleep... the universe may unravel... but wake up! FIGHT! With me! THE PALADINS!" He slammed a fist on the console, then gave out a growl like sigh. He stood there for a few moments with his head on the console before he heard several beeps and noises. He looked up to the console and noticed the power output was climbing higher than expected and the engines were coming online. The ship began to shake slightly as he looked out the window and noticed the arms were rising. Scratch that, the SHIP was rising! He looked back to the console and smiled.

"Engine systems are coming back online! Fold systems operating at acceptable levels! The Macross has returned to life!"

The legs of the hulking machine, now exposed, escaped the cliffside's waters for the first time in years. The roars of the engines filled the young pilot with an immense amount of nostalgia. The Macross flew out of the surface, slowly flying to space.

"Initiating transformation sequence! ...if I can manage it somehow..." Mathias shouted as he pressed a couple buttons. He could feel the ship turn from the immense battle form to a massive carrier vessel, the main weapon of the ship formed at the bow as the arms fell to the sides of the ship.

The massive Macross burst through the atmosphere of the planet, weeds and vines falling off its body, suffocating in the open space.

Mathias thought about Pidge for a moment, then had an idea. He made his way towards the back of the bridge, where the communications port was. He knocked some dust off of the console and began to type.

"Katie, it's me, Mathias. I hope you receive this message soon, because I have news. The Fold Booster on my fighter has burned out, but the good news is: I found a ship, but not just any ship, I found her! I found the Macross! I'm hoping to return to Earth shortly, but that may be in a few days, as Fold traveling is rather... offset with time and space. Love you immensely! Mathias." He pressed a button as the Fold message soon transmitted out. Mathias quickly rushed over to the navigation console and typed in some coordinates. He smirked as he raised an arm and pointed forward.

"Macross Garrison! Initiate Super Long Distance Fold!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A war will soon be waged on Earth...

Take care and thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 659 17
ⓘ Mature Content Lance angst, Coran and Allura have to do some identity scans after there was a Galra breach after receiving a distress call and, Hu...
23.6K 457 19
(Keith x OC) Staring up at the night sky, Elle always thought she'd simply explore within the Solar System. She didn't expect to be fighting in an in...
63.8K 2.7K 33
One year and the Galra Empire still stands, but barely control a third of the universe now thanks to Voltron. When things start to look up for Voltro...
1.7K 47 6
Earth is saved from the Galra, and the Paladins of Voltron are the heroes of the Galaxy Garrison, well all except for Keith. He'd been kicked out bef...