The Child of The Tomb

By Leo_Matsuzaki

(Y/n) Satoru-the little sister of Suzuki Satoru-loves to play a game called YGGDRASIL. She's secretly in a gu... More

Lesson Prolouge - Eh?
Lesson 1 - How did This Happen!
Lesson 2 - Pestonya!
Lesson 3 - Saving Carne Villege
Lesson 4 - Gazef Stronoff
Lesson 5 - Idiotic
Lesson 6 - Caring
Lesson 7 - Alone
Lesson 8 - Distance Attempts
Lesson 9 - Bane
I'm Back!!
Lesson 10 - One More Day
Lesson 11 - Shalltear's Impact
Lesson 12 - Jealous?
Lesson 13 - A Mess of Things
Lesson 14 - Rogue
Lesson 15 - Better Picture
Lesson 16 - Emotions
Lesson 17 - Shalltear
Event Results! + Explanations!
Lesson 18 - A Regular Day
Lesson 19 - The Usual
OVA - Beach Episode! Pleiades Ver.
Lesson 20 - Lizardmen
Lesson 21 - First Alliance
Lesson 23 - Tribes United
Lesson 24 - The Big Battle
Lesson 25 - Cocytus
Lesson 26 - Just The Start
Lesson 27 - The...
Lesson 28 - Ready or Not
Lesson 29 - Resolving Matters
OVA - Beach Day! Guardians Ver.
Lesson 30 - The Woman
Lesson 31 - Tuare
Lesson 32 - More People?
Lesson 33 - Progress
Lesson 34 - New Plans and Info
Lesson 35 - Werewolf of the West
Lesson 36 - A Revelation
Lesson 37 - Multiple Thoughts
Lesson 38 - Sebas's Lessons
Lesson 39 - Naps
OVA - Albedo & Shalltear V. Cake
Lesson 40 - Climb V. Succulent
Lesson 41 - Wrapping it Up
Lesson 42 - Sebas's Test
Lesson 43 - Bickering
Lesson 44 - Planning Rescue & Conquer
Lesson 45 - Sebas's Beatings
Lesson 46 - Entoma V. Blue Roses
Lesson 47 - Disturbance's
Lesson 48 - Reunited

Lesson 22 - Kill Her With Kindness

2K 76 7
By Leo_Matsuzaki

(3rd Person POV)
-

Zaryusu stood outside of the gates, the sun high as he yawned. The gate opened, catching his and Rororo's attention.

A.. bush? Came out and stood in front of him.

"Good morning." The bush with white legs and a white tail said. The voice was feminine and familiar. It was Crusch Lulu.

"Yeah, good morning." Zaryusu replied, not a hint of confusion in his voice. "It looks like you brought the tribe around without any issue."

"I'm grateful that you took part in the discussions until so late last night. Those who will fight should be able to leave within the day. Those who are evacuating as well." She leaned forward slightly." Zaryusu, what will you do now?"

"I plan to head over to the Dragon Tusk tribe. Although, I do have a question... What's with that getup?" He says, remarking to the bush that she was wearing.

She moves the part that is on her face. "It doesn't look good on me?"

He stared for a moment. "Would you like me to say it looks good on you?"

"Don't be silly. The light of the sun is hard on me when I'm out and about."

"You're planning to come with me?"

She gives a curt nod. "The Dragon Tusk have the greatest force of arms of all the tribes, right?"

He nods. "Yeah. But since we have no dealings with them, we're not well informed."

"Then it's best that I go with you."

"It will be dangerous."

"Is there anywhere right now that isn't dangerous?"

He huffs. "I'm not thinking rationally, am I? All right. I'll avail myself of your help, Crusch."

"Very well, Zaryusu. You can count on me."

-

At The Building Site

-

"These are the teleportation scrolls, and the 'Message' scrolls." Entoma says from inside the large wooden build. "Lord Ainz said they were made from parchment that we obtained through the efforts of Lord Demiurge. He says that he wants us to report if we have any problems using them." She finishes explaining to Cocytus.

"I see. Understood." He replies, picking up one of the scrolls. "So once again, Demiurge has distinguished himself over me."

"Also..." She begins. Cocytus gives her his attention again. "...we have been instructed to monitor the outcome of the battle from here. Despite her mask of-a-smile and cute voice, you could easily see the intimidation she gave off, Cocytus--however--did not waver.

"Understood. I want you to see this through, and deliver an absolute victory for the Supreme One!"

-
Back with Zaryusu, Rororo, and the bu- err, Crusch Lulu
-

Rororo's footsteps were loud and presenting, the sun was still high in the sky, allowing any passerbyers to see them. They could see the tribe just up ahead, slowly becoming larger.

Lizardmen were already lined up at the front of the land, this tribe not having any gates, and their homes built on platforms in tall trees.

Zaryusu and Crusch hopped off Rororo. Zaryusu announcing their presence. "I am Zaryusu Shasha. I am here on behalf of the Green Claw tribe. I wish to speak to your chief."

Crusche came up from behind him. "I am acting chief of the Red Eye tribe, Crusch Lulu. I, too, am here to meet with your chief."

Loud footsteps were heard, not as loud as Rororo's but stronger than any usual Lizardman. "I'm glad you came, possessor of the Frost Pain." A voice spoke, coming closer.

A larger Lizardman with a similar color palate to Zaryusu's brother stood out from the crowd. He had scars along his face, chest, and arms. A necklace with sharp teeth on his neck, and the same symbol Zaryusu bears on his chest. Finally, he wielded a large axe.

"And what might you be, some kind of plant monster?" The large man asks.

Crusch pokes her head out. "No, I'm not!" 

He waves his hand. "Oh please, don't take my joke so seriously. I am the Dragon Tusk chief, Zenberu Gugu. You can call me Zenberu."

Crusch grumbles quietly, not liking Zenberu's personality.

"You are free to call me Zaryusu as well. Now..."

Zenberu cuts him off. "I can already guess what you're going to say. However, we only trust those who are strong." He waves his axe around and gets into a fighting position. "Take up your sword." He glares at them as they both give back a slightly confused and shocked expression.

"Listen up, everybody! If I die in this fight, this guy is your new chief!" He shouts at the crowd and points at Zaryusu.

Zaryusu grunts in discomfort.

"And I won't accept any objections, protests, or other noise!" Even the lizardmen seem shocked. "Come at me like you're gonna kill me! Out of everyone I've ever fought before, you're in the top grade."

"Indeed. Very well. And if I die..."

Zenberu cuts him off once again. "Yeah. I'll let your female go unharmed."

"She's not 'mine' yet." 

Crusch blushes and gasps in surprise.

"Hmph, you're really making a bid for her, aren't you? Is that plant monster really that fine a female?"

"Extremely so."

"AaaaAaaaAaAaaa!" She quietly squeals and ducks her head as her tail swings violently.

"I'd like to see for myself. If I win, I think I'll undress her before returning her." Zenberu says.

"Then it seems I now have an especially powerful reason not to lose."

Zenberu's jaw clenches, almost like he's amused. "You're really head-over-heels for her, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I'm head-over-heels." Zaryusu says with too much confidence

Crusch continues to squeal and make random noises of embarrassment.

"Ha! Then beat me, and prove it!"

"That's what I intend to do." Zaryusu takes out Frost Pain and walks towards Zenberu.

Zenberu lifts his axe up and swings with heavy force.

-

"Hey Shalltear?" (Y/n) says as she looks around the third floor.

"Yes, Lady (Y/n)?" Shalltear replies in an instant, already bowing down on one knee for her. (Y/n) blinks in slight surprise before thinking back on Albedo's words of 'punishment'.

"Shalltear, let's go." (Y/n) waves her hand for Shalltear to follow her. Shalltear doesn't question it and immediately stands up. "Yes, Lady (Y/n)."

They seemingly walk for ages, in silence. The reason being because of (Y/n)'s idea of what punishment she should give Shalltear.

(Y/n) freezes as she gets an idea. "Shalltear."

"Yes, Lady (Y/n)." Shalltear also stops.

The tiny girl turns and does grabby hands at Shalltear, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "Up, up, up." (Y/n) mumbles. Shalltear stares at (Y/n) for a moment, almost becoming a statue.

(Y/n) turns her head to the side in slight confusion before feeling the mask on her face. She suddenly took out a (f/c) ring and placed it on her pinky. (Y/n) took of her mask and shook her head, letting her (h/l) hair shake a bit. The usual scars that would be on her face was gone, letting her red eyes to be shown to the tomb.

Shalltear continues to stare before shaking her head and slowly going to pick (Y/n) up, flinching when her hand touched the girl's side. Shalltear took a deep breath before gently picking (Y/n) up and allowing the girl to rest on her collarbone.

"You're surprisingly cold." (Y/n) murmured as she held onto one of Shalltear's hands. Shalltear couldn't move or do anything as she looked down at (Y/n) completely perplexed, and maybe even a bit guilty.

"Let's go to my reading room." (Y/n) said, snapping Shalltear out of it. "Your.. reading room?" Shalltear asked a bit confused on where that was. "Excuse me for asking, Lady (Y/n), where is this room you speak of?"

The girl hummed before teleporting the both of them in front of a wall. "In we go." (Y/n) said as she took off each of their Ainz Ooal Gown rings and leaned forward in Shalltear's arms, making the vampire also move forward.

Shalltear looked around, entranced. The room was dimly lit and had a simple table--with four chairs, a workbench, a few chests that were shut, a large bookshelf, and more recently, a bed.

(Y/n) slowly slid from Shalltear's arms and walked over to the bookshelf. Shalltear followed behind her carefully.

"Do you read much?" (Y/n) questioned with a raised brow. Shalltear shook her head. "No, I apologize for that, Lady (Y/n)." Shalltear bows her head a bit.

(Y/n) laughs and shakes her hand before grabbing a random book. "How about this one?" She said, waving the book in front of Shalltear.

"Alright." Shalltear mumbled. "Come on! We can sit at the table." (Y/n) said as she walked over to the table, taking a seat almost immediately. The vampire frowned slightly, a bit uncomfortable at how nice her Lady was being, however she sat down nonetheless.

(Y/n) gave her a sweet smile before opening the book. "Alright, let's start."

"Once upon a time, there was a peach flowing down a river. An old lady was washing clothes as the peach made its way down the water. This lady had no children and lived with her husband. The lady noticed the peach and decided to take it home to eat. When she and her husband were cutting it open, a boy came out! The child told the couple that he was given to them by the Gods. The couple named him Momotaro, momo meaning peach, and taro meaning eldest son in the family." (Y/n) looked up at Shalltear and slid the book to her. "You want to continue?"

Shalltear blinked and awkwardly took the book before nodding. "Of course, Lady (Y/n)." She cleared her throat and began. "When the boy matured into adolescence, he left his family to fight a group of Oni who marauded over their land. He sought them out to the distant island in which they dwelled, named Onigashima- or 'Demon Island'. Along his journey, Momotaro befriended a talking dog, monkey, and pheasant. They had agreed to help him in exchange for a portion of his rations, Kibi Dango. At the island, Momotaro and his animal comrades penetrated the demon's fort and defeated the band of demons, forcing them to surrender."

(Y/n) giggled and scooted closer to Shalltear and leaned her head on the girl's arm. "Momotaro and his friends returned home with the demon's plundered treasure and the demon chief captive. The end."

Shalltear looked down at (Y/n) before making a face of pain. "Lady (Y/n)..." She opened her mouth but no words came out, what was she feeling? It seemed like extreme guilt, even more so than what she felt before.

"Yes, Shalltear?" (Y/n) said, smiling up at her as if nothing was wrong. The air in the room felt saddening, and slightly tense. You would have to be blind to miss it.

"Nothing, I apologize for the inconvenience, Lady (Y/n)."

"Shalltear, if you have something to say then you should say it. Here..." (Y/n) took the book and placed it back in the bookshelf before grabbing Shalltear's hand and dragging her to the bed. "Come and sit with me." She patted the bed before hopping onto it herself.

Shalltear's face cringed slightly, still feeling uncomfortable at all this kindness. Although, despite this she did as she was told and gracefully took a seat next to (Y/n).

"Alright, let it out, what's bothering you?"

Shalltear bit her lip, feeling sad all of a sudden. The words of her fellow guardians echoed in her head, the summary of how she had hurt (Y/n).

It was as if it was on loop.

-

'Shalltear, you should be ashamed of yourself! The things you did to Lady (Y/n) are unforgivable as a floor guardian.' Albedo scolded. 'E-Erm.. what did I do exactly?'

Albedo gave a somber look before sighing. 'You and Lady (Y/n) fought. You were both matched at the most part, Lady (Y/n) a bit more than you. But, it changed when you suddenly started giving her crocodile tears. You placed your hand on her mask and gave this.. sickeningly sweet smile.' Albedo's tone was full of venom as she spoke, disgust written in her eyes.

'She faltered and you took that moment to stab her- multiple times, again, again, again, and again. You left her in a puddle of her own blood, Shalltear.'

Shalltear's face was horrified. She covered her open mouth as she felt her throat tighten, she couldn't believe she had done something so horrific to her Supreme One, her god. If she could she would have ended her life right then and there, but she knew the only way to be fully punished would be to face her Lady and take it.

No matter how bad it is, she would take it. If her Lady wished it, she would kill herself once and for all.

-

"Shalltear?" (Y/n) said, breaking 'said girl' out of the loop.

"Y-Yes, Lady (Y/n)?" Shalltear replied, giving a half-assed smile. It was clearly full of pain, anyone could see it.

(Y/n) decided to stop running around the subject. "Are you feeling guilty, Shalltear?" The vampire flinched at the question before looking down at her lap. This seemingly answered the girl's question.

(Y/n) couldn't help but slightly frown, she didn't know how much more she could take, Shalltear and herself. The (h/c) haired girl sighed before crawling over to Shalltear and cuddling into her chest, an innocent display of affection.

Shalltear was most definitely about to break, showing as the girl started to shake and small noises came from her. Shalltear raised a hand to cover her mouth to try and keep in her quiet sobs.

(Y/n) tightened her hold on her and attempted to burry herself deeper into the crying guardian. Shalltear's eyes shut tightly as she gently used her other arm to hug (Y/n) back, shakily holding onto the little girl's clothing.

"I'm sorry." (Y/n) said suddenly, reaching over to pet Shalltear's head, continuing to cuddle with her. "But this is your punishment." Shalltear flinched as she heard that, 'My punishment...' She thought.

"I-I don't under-understand..." Shalltear said, sniffling as she tried to control her sobs, also continuing to hold onto her.

"Today hurt a lot, didn't it?"

Shalltear gave a curt nod as she practically clung to her. "Very much..."

"That was the point. I know you still felt bad about what happened, and I didn't want to physically hurt you, but Albedo said it was only right to give you a punishment.. so then after you won't feel bad anymore."

There was a moment of silence.

"I know that the last thing anybody would want, would be to get kindness from the person they did wrong to. It hurts them a lot since they feel really bad about what they did, and would prefer if the person just shouted at them or smacked them." She sighed as she turned her head on Shalltear's chest, moving her hand to hold onto the black dress that the vampire adorned.

"I'm sorry for making you feel so bad."

Shalltear slowly processed all this information before smiling sadly and sighing, so this was her punishment. It was truly worthy of her.

(Y/n) surprised Shalltear as the little girl tugged her down onto the bed, making Shalltear lay down with (Y/n) on top of her. "Eh..? Lady.. (Y/n)?" She mumbled, confused.

(Y/n) sighed comfortably as she rested on her. "You're nice and cold, it makes me sleepy." (Y/n) replied in a quiet voice. Shalltear also sighed, this time her tone was happy. "You're too good to me, Lady (Y/n)." She said, chuckling quietly at the end.

(Y/n) simply let out a hum, yawning soon after. "Goodnight, Shalltear..."

Shalltear looked down at her before smiling gently and placing a blanket over the both of them. She tightened her grip on the (h/c) haired girl before shutting her eyes and also drifting to sleep.

"Goodnight.. Lady (Y/n)."

-

A/N: Didn't expect it to take up the entire chapter, you all can get the lizard fight next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4.8K 51
Momonga/Ainz logs into Yggdrasil on its last day, thankfully someone shows up and suggest something, "Momonga lets make one last NPC, it will be your...
738 14 6
Momonga decided to remain on the Yydrasil servers till they went down only for something unexpected to happen, he was taken to a new world along with...
61.6K 1.4K 61
[Complete!] Miza Akeri, in Yggdrasil known as Ilios, is one of two players left in the Great Tomb of Nazarick when the game ends. Or does it? Explore...
161K 4.8K 105
Kara and Diana are back for Round 2! A Continuation of 'Justice in the One Piece World' This time, the sisters are reincarnated into the Overlord Uni...