Something In There (FAÇADES)

By TOLA_AISH

~FAÇADES Teenagers are also humans who are not excluded from the challenges and problems of life. They're pro... More

•|INTRODUCTION 1|
0•|INTRODUCTION 2|
•|MY CHARACTERS|
1•|ABOUT LILY|
2•|ABOUT PINK|
3•|GET TO KNOW|
4•|INTO HIS WORLD|
5•|SHOCKED|
6•|WHERE ARE WE NOW?|
7•|NIGHTMARES AND FRIENDSHIP|
8•|I'M THE DEVIL|
9•|NOT MY DAY!|
10•|STUPEFIED|
11•|MOOD SWINGS|
12•|I WILL KILL HER DATE|
13•|BLACKED OUT|
14•|DOCTORS REPORT|
•|NOT A CHAPTER|
15•|BASKETBALL|
16•|SHE'S MINE|
17•|THOUGHTS AND STRENGTH|
18•|THE FUTURE|
19•|SOMETHING IN THERE|
20•|FEMI AND MUMMY |
21•| RUCKUS |
22•|DIFFERENT|
23•|TADE AND ME|
24•|TEST|
25•|LEO AND PANIC ATTACK|
26•|ETHEREAL|
27•|FIRST TIME AT A 'FRIEND' HOUSE.|
28•|WHAT HAPPENED IN JSS3?|
29•|HEART CHOICES|
30•|FRIENDS|
31•|MOVING ON|
32•|I FOUND MY MISSING PIECE.|
33•|IT'S HER BIRTHDAY.|
35•|A HUG.|

34•|HYPOCRITE.|

251 109 63
By TOLA_AISH

I'M BACK! 💚

ⓣⓞⓛⓐ ⓐⓘⓢⓗ. 

~TAYO~

I had to tune out their conversations. I just had to. 

It was really suffocating.

Having to sit next to people which I didn't like a bit was indeed suffocating. Having to act like I cared about whatever they were saying riled me up, however you might be wondering why I didn't get up most especially since I wasn't the type to tolerate what I did not like.

The answer was simple.

It was because of my father who I desperately wanted to impress by being on my best behavior, whereas the man didn't even spare me a glance. That man — Mr Olatayo Jasper Banku was seated in all his glory opposite me on our twelve foot long mahogany dining table, laughing boisterously at what his best friend, Mr Kalejaiye Benson, had said to him. His annoying brown teeth were out on display as he articulated to his friend while I held on tightly to my fork as I messed with the spaghetti in my plate.

Angry was how I felt as I glared at him. I was a tad irritated at both him and my mother, who was sitting next to him, speaking to Mrs Benson.

My mum, Mrs Tolu Abike Banku was gladly showing off her diamond studded necklace to Mrs Chineye Benson who couldn't stop praising it, and I knew that woman wished she was the one who owned that necklace instead of my mum. It was all obvious with the way she kept eyeing the necklace in-between conversations.

Truly, I was meant to be glad that both my parents were home, I wasn't. 

From the moment they stepped into the house they didn't even regard me, all they both did was simply to ask if I was okay before they went upstairs to their room. And it made my heart hurt with indignation. I didn't even need their hugs or anything, all I only needed was a hint of care in their voice and for them to be interested in my life a little.

Funny how they didn't ask anything about why I wasn't in school when they saw me at home earlier, but when my father had seen Mr Benson, the first question he asked him was about his work.

Tsk, yet he couldn't ask me, his own blood about how school was.

It sounded ironic, but it was the truth anyway.

"Tayo," Even without turning my head, I knew who had called me and it made me boil more with anger because I despised the voice which called me. "Your dad is calling you."

I whipped my head to the owner of the voice who was seated close to me, leaving a lot of space between where my parents and her parents were seated. It was the pest, Jolade Benson. Her and her parents, Mr and Mrs Benson were over at my house for dinner.

"Your dad called for you." She nudged her head to where he was seated far away from me.

Taking my head forward, I looked at my father who had a huge grin on his face as he stared at me, but I didn't smile or grin back at him. I was never the type to fake any emotions, so my face was stoic as I stared at him, almost glaring, in the face, wondering why he called me.

"I've been calling you, son," His voice was baritone, deep and huge just like he was. "Mr Benson just told me something which I find it difficult to believe."

I said nothing, only listened as my grip on my fork got tighter. His voice annoyed me also.

"Is it true that you got into a public fight with Jaiye Kuti son?" 

He was still grinning as he spoke, and all eyes on the dining table were on me, including that of my mother.

"Yes, I did." I replied immediately, not denying it and I placed my attention on my food, afterwards, without awaiting any of his response.

"What happened and why am I not aware of this?" He asked like he cared about me, and I almost scoffed at his question because that man didn't even care, he was only asking because people were around.

I dropped my fork and raised my head up, folding my hand across my chest as I prepared my response. "It's been a month now."

"But what caused your fight?" That was my mum asking as she took a sip of her juice.

"He dared me," I started to say and I saw how everyone watched me speak. "That dude had the audacity to speak to my babe---"

My mum choked and began to cough in sequence, while my dad quickly stood up to attend to her until she stopped coughing. And all through the time she coughed, I didn't even move a bone.

"You fought the boy because of a babe?" My dad was still standing next to my mum as he asked, confusion adorning his face. "Explain better."

I sighed then proceeded to talk. "He was hanging out with my babe and when I tried confronting him about it, that dude was just spewing shit and doing badass nigga. Imagine, that bastard even had the audacity to tell me he was going to put me in jail."

Silence engulfed the whole room as I completed my story. 

No one was speaking, not even the person who had thrown the question at me. He just quietly went back to his seat as he rubbed his temple, and something akin to disappointment was on his face.

"Firstly," someone said, breaking the silence and it wasn't my parents talking. It was Mr Kalejaiye Benson. "Why do you even have a babe?"

I was tempted to roll my eyes at the question he threw at me. That man was a dunce and if my dad wasn't at my front, I'd have said it to his face. I hated him just as much as I hated his daughter, even more than. So imagine how strong the hate I had for him was. 

Mr Benson was an engineer, but he owned a church which he ministered in as a pastor. Not to sound disrespectful to the whole ministry, but that man was a bigot alongside being a fanatic, his character irritated me to the core, always acting like he knew it all. At the same time, always poking his nose into my business like he had nothing better to do. Sometimes I wondered how he became best friends with my father, especially since their characters were in contrast with each other. 

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and asked him, "Why can't I have a babe?" I deadpanned.

He took a few seconds before he answered. "Teenagers nowadays," he rumbled, shaking his head in absolute disappointment. "Teenagers aren't meant to be dating. It is wrong and against the word of God because it would surely lead to lust, thereby breaking one of the ten commandments which speaks about fornication."

I couldn't help myself anymore and I did it. I rolled my eyes at him and looked over at his daughter whose eyes were on the table and I almost laughed when I saw the look on her face. Her lips were legit quaking.

Guilty conscience was worrying her.

On the other hand, I didn't know if the man saw me roll my eyes or he just chose to ignore and continue his speech. "You're still young Tayo, and I believe you should be focused on your studies instead of fighting over a girl who you possibly wouldn't end up marrying---"

"Mr Benson," I cut his speech short as I looked around the dining room. My parents were just looking at me. "Firstly, I am the first in my department and second in the whole of SS3, your daughter can testify to that," I smirked as I looked at the man's face. He was already tired of me and I knew that. "Secondly, about that girl, I plan to get married to her, eventually."

"Quiet Tayo!" My father shot me up sternly. "Just keep quiet and listen to what Kalejaiye tells you. He's right, you shouldn't go around fighting all because of a girl when you are still in, ehm. . . what's that class again?"

My fist clenched tightly. My own father didn't even know the class I was in, and to think I'd recently mentioned it. Honestly, if I didn't know him well I'd have thought he had amnesia.

"SS3." Mrs Benson answered his question.

"Thank you," he continued talking. I glared at him, wondering if he still remembered my middle name. "Son, what I'm trying to say is that, you should concentrate on your studies for now and probably when you're done with your university then you can start dating."

For your mind you've advised your son, like that; those words were at the brim of my tongue and it took every nerve and fiber in my body for me not to spit it out.

"Exactly my point," That dunce, Mr Benson took over from my father. "Take Jola for an instance now, she listened to me well and she's not in any relationship, and I take you as my son Tayo so please refrain from relationship, including anything Sexual. You wouldn't want to collect spiritual demons through five minutes of enjoyment, ooo."

I unclenched my hand and began laughing. I couldn't help it, especially when he'd used his daughter — jolade as a comparison. I kept on laughing, all the anger within me had been dissipated because of that man's statement. I looked around the table, laughing my guts out and everyone were looking at me like I was running mad, but Jolade on the other hand had a look of terror on her face as she stared at me.

Swears, Mr Benson is a really big dunce.

"What did you just say, Olatayo?" My dad's voice boomed throughout the whole place as he stood to his feet, and that instantly made me stop laughing.

I looked at him, wondering to myself, because I didn't even utter any statement. I only laughed, and according to English, laughing wasn't in any way a statement.

"Did you call Mr Benson a dunce?"

I pouted my lips as I realized I said what I thought out to everyone's hearing. Nonetheless I didn't care anymore, and since they had me call that man a dunce, I decided to not deny it and just speak my mind.

"Yes," I heard a loud gasp from my mother and Mrs Benson. My dad was furious and Mr Benson just couldn't believe his ears, so I decided to say it again, however, slowly. "Mr. Benson. Is. A. Really. Big. Du---"

I was interjected with a really hard slap. 

Standing up quickly, I glared daggers at the person that had slapped me across the face. It wasn't my father, it was not my mother, it wasn't Mr Benson, neither was it Mrs Benson.

Yup, that pest laid her filthy hand on me 

I saw red and was about to retaliate when my hand was suddenly held back and another slap was sent across the other side of my cheek.

It was actually Mrs Benson that had slapped me next.

"I knew it," she began to bounce, hiding her daughter behind her back. "I just knew you couldn't be trusted. With the way you'll frown your face like you're fighting with the whole world. You want to slap my daughter, abi? Or do you think you don't deserve that slap? You'll just open mouth like isiewu and start bleating without thinking, who do you even think you are---"

"That's enough, Chineye," my mother walked to my side and held me by my hand and. . .it warmed my heart for some reason. "I won't sit around and watch you hurl insults at my son."

"Ehn ehn, but you watched him insult my own husband," Mrs Benson spoke, pointing her index finger at me. "This psychopath and rotten egg you call a son. . ."

"My son isn't rotten, Chineye," my mum's hand was vibrating with obvious anger. And I looked at both her and Mrs Benson as they battled it out verbally all because of me and my mouth while my father and that man watched, disoriented. It was the first time I'd seen both women raise their voices at one another. "Watch the words you throw at my son, and on his behalf I'm sorry he spoke rudely to your husband."

"It's not your apology to give, Tolu," My dad finally said something, addressing my mother while Mrs Benson kept muttering profanities, to herself and her daughter. "Let that bastard apologize to Kale himself."

My ear bled. My father referred to me as a bastard, and it was also the first time he'd called me a really insulting name.

And that statement hurt me like hell.

I used to think nothing could hurt me more than the breakup with pink could, but I was wrong because that word 'Bastard,' pierced me in the heart and it brought hot tears to my eyes.

"What did you just call our son, Jasper?"

I freed my hand out of my mum's grip as she spoke. I needed to get away from where I was. I needed to get away from the house.

As I was running out of the house ignoring my mum's calls, I stopped on reaching the doorway. Something In me told me I couldn't leave without making Jolade pay for the slap she'd given to me.

So with a smirk on my face, I turned around to see where all five of them were and I took my gaze to Jolade specifically.

"Mr and Mrs Benson," I called to her parents as I looked at her through my blurry vision. And I could see the fear, literal fear, which radiated off her body as she watched me speak. "I'm an isiewu, a psychopath, a rotten egg and even a. . .a bastard," I said that last word with venom dripping down my tongue. 

"Thank God you even know that." Mrs Benson stated, hissing.

I smirked. "Well at least, I'm not a hypocrite like your daughter."

That pest legit stopped breathing and I saw the panic that set into her as she shifted away from her mother slowly. And I loved it all.

I loved that fear in her eyes.

"Your daughter," I took my words slowly as I smirked. "I've been inside her wet. Dripping. Pussy. . . not once, but twice."

They all froze. No one moved.

And the look Jolade was giving me, one would think she wasn't alive anymore.

"Fornication! That I did with your daughter, but don't worry, I didn't enjoy sex with her. She wasn't capable of pleasing me like the love of my life."

All hell broke loose on the side of the Benson's, and while Jolade. . .

That idiot fainted.

Tears dropped down my eyes as I blinked rapidly, leaving the mansion with nowhere in mind.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hands up if you want to kill Tayo?

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 972 61
Isrealla morenike Jones..... An introverted, out going and lovable girl who wants nothing more than to be accepted, appreciated and loved. Both by he...
253K 79.3K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
17.7K 4.5K 41
{COMPLETED} "This is the sequel to The Wrong Crowd." "I have not broken your heart - you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine."...
547 165 21
The teenage period is usually not always easy. You make mistakes, you learn from them. It's like a moulding phase towards adulthood, which tends to b...