Unravelling You l ✓

By wannabecurious9

❝What sin did I commit in my past life that I have to tolerate you in this life?" "A very grave one for which... More

Description
Chapter 1 - Awaiting
Chapter 2 - It Happened Again!
Chapter 3 - The Meet
Chapter 4 - Thoughts
Chapter 5 (A) - Friends
Chapter 5 (B) - 'I expect loyalty'
Chapter 6 - Date!?
Chapter 7 - I'm so difficult!
Chapter 8 - Annoying People
Chapter 9 - The Truth Hurts
Chapter 10 - Engagement Disaster
Chapter 11 - Apologies & Smiles
Chapter 12 - Jalkukda
Chapter 13 - The Wedding
Chapter 14 - Beginnings
Chapter 16 - Circus
Chapter 17 - Silence
Chapter 18 - Hurt
Chapter 19 - Care
Chapter 20 - Stay
Chapter 21 - Blue & Black
Chapter 22 - Vedika
Chapter 23 - Blushing
Chapter 24 - Anniversary
Chapter 25 - Enough!
Chapter 26 - Communication
Chapter 27 - Pain
Chapter 28 - Cupcakes
Chapter 29 - Birthday
Chapter 30 - Prayers
Chapter 31 - First
Chapter 32 - Distance
Chapter 33 - Missing
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Feelings
Chapter 36 - Confession
Chapter 37 - Gifts
Chapter 38 - Pacifying Him
Chapter 39 - Surprise
Chapter 40 - Honeymoon
Chapter 41 - New York
Chapter 42 - Revelation
Chapter 43 - Humans are stupid
Chapter 44 - Happiness
Epilogue - Forever
Acknowledgment
Bonus Chapter (1)
NEW BOOK !
Bonus Chapter (2)
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 15 - Thank You 💛

4.8K 311 54
By wannabecurious9

🎶 Adhoore from Break Ke Baad

Published on 23.04.2021

● A U T H O R ●

When Vihaan and Aarohi reached the penthouse that was on the 37th floor, Aarohi couldn't help but drop her jaw at the sight. It was magnificent. It was luxurious. It was everything that she could only dream of.

Wooden floors, dim yellow lights giving the whole house an exotic look, interiors in shades of dark, expensive furnitures, vaulted ceilings, huge glass windows serving the stunning view of the city and lots of space. Vihaan gave her a tour of the whole house making her familiar with it. From the library to the study room to the gym to the kitchen to the theatre room, he showed her all. He even had an art room and several other rooms for specific purpose. Aarohi's room was in opposite direction to Vihaan's so there was no way that they would cross paths with each other when they left their respective rooms. But she was yet to see Vihaan's room.

"You didn't show me your room." This was the first time she spoke after entering the house.

He quirked a brow at her. "And I won't."

"But why?" She frowned.

"Because I don't want to." He replied nonchalantly.

"But I want to see." She whined.

"No need. You stay in your room and I'll stay in mine. I don't like anyone coming in my room and it isn't even allowed. So don't dare to act nosy." He warned.

"I'm not acting nosy. I'm just curious of how it looks like." She defended. "And why are you being so secretive about it? Do you've a dead body hidden there?" She asked inquisitively.

"That's none of your business. I said what I said." He snapped.

This didn't help to curb her curiosity but she did let it go, mentally making a note of getting a look of his room someday by some way.

"Most important thing. Don't make any mess. I couldn't care any less about what you do in your room but I want the rest of the house to be organized and neat." Vihaan instructed. "Got it?"

Aarohi wasn't sure about what she felt about it but since he looked quite strict and particular, she decided to agree and nodded doubtfully.

"I really can't see your room?" She asked again feigning a sad face.

Like a man with no emotions, he stared at her with a bored look.

"Fine." She huffed. "But then you also won't see or enter my room ever." She tried for the last time.

He shrugged. "Fine with me. Anyways I know what your room looks like since it's my house." He smirked.

Aarohi clenched her teeth. "That was before I came. Now, you won't be able to because I'm here and I don't approve of it. Stay out of my way and also room. I won't bother you and you won't bother me. Understood?" 

He agreed and once again telling each other to not interfere in their lives, they headed to their respective rooms and called it a night.

Vihaan decided to go to his office early since he had already missed few days of work. He woke up early, hit the gym, took a shower and got ready the next morning. Madhavi Tai was on a break and had gone to her village for a few days and was returning today evening. He thought of calling Aarohi to cook breakfast for them since he was already getting late. He knocked at her door for a few times. After getting no response, he knocked harder.

"Who the hell died?" Aarohi screamed opening the door harshly. Her eyes drooping, hair messy and she didn't fail to give the impression that she woke just now.

Vihaan gave her an uninterested look. "Make breakfast."

She looked at him in incredibility. "You're kidding right?" When he didn't reply and continued to stare idly, she snapped. "Are you fucking kidding me? You wake me up at seven thirty in the morning so that I could make you breakfast? How heartless can you be to not let someone sleep peacefully? Don't you dare disturb me. I'm going back to sleep and will resume the beautiful dream I was having." With that she slammed the door on his back and he flinched.

He knocked again.

She opened her door a little and peeked through the space.

"I wouldn't have asked you if Madhavi Tai was here but she'll come to work from tomorrow. I would have made something myself but I have emails to check and I've to leave in half an hour." He stated, irritated at how much he has to talk to her since he isn't quite fond of having such long conversations.

Aarohi clenched and unclenched her fists. "Did you forget or do I need to remind you that we aren't obliged to carry out such typical husband wife behavior. I really don't care if you eat or don't and I sure as hell won't cook. My shift is from ten to six so lemme sleep. I can't deal with you ruining my every morning." She said rudely, aggravated at how he assumed that he would tell her to cook and she would do it. She hardly cooks for herself let alone cook for him. That too by sacrificing her sleep? Never!

Vihaan looked at her furiously. "Mind your tone Aarohi. It's you who has been ruining my mornings, not me. And just keep your stubborn attitude aside and make something quick. I'm really hungry. Anyways, you'll have to cook for yourself."

"No." She said determinedly and shut the door.

Vihaan wondered how will he put up with her without losing his sanity and brain cells. Not to forget the amount of patience he has to exhibit with her and how he had to constantly keep his anger in control.

After sometime, Vihaan saw Aarohi coming all presentable when he was working on his laptop and was supposed to leave for his office in a few minutes.

Wasn't she supposed to sleep some more?

"Changed your mind?" He asked. She could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"No." She wore a scowl on her face.

"Then why did you wake up?"

"Because of you!" She screeched while he looked at her apuzzled.

"I couldn't go back to sleep after you woke me up. You are jealous of my sleep as well now." Aarohi whined. She could see how Vihaan's face contorted into a smile yet he tried to conceal it stealthily by his hand and this aggravated her frustration.

"But that doesn't mean I'm gonna make breakfast, not even for myself." She said adamantly.

"You are too stubborn, aren't you?" Vihaan said in defeat. "Nevermind we both will die of hunger." He added and got up closing his laptop.

Aarohi scoffed and raised her palms. "Please stop being so dramatic. You're a CEO. You can have something in your office if you want to. Moreover, it's good to have an empty stomach sometimes especially when you've had such heavy food since last few days." She stated logically and shook her head.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes. "I'm starving and I've no energy to fight with you." He said tiredly making Aarohi smile in victory.

"Anyways, Samar will be your driver from today. He'll drop you as well as pick you up from the hospital. He'll be there at your beck and call." He informed.

"Excuse me? I don't need it. I can manage on my own so thank you very much." Aarohi retorted affirmatively.

Vihaan squeezed his eyelids shut in annoyance before opening them. "Are you dense?" He mocked rudely taking her aback. She blinked. "I'm not asking if you need them or not. You have to accept it even if you don't want to." He said in a stern voice leaving no room for argument.

"You can't order me like that." She said slowly, not liking the tone of Vihaan's voice.

He ran a hand over his face trying to get rid of his temper before speaking again. "Aarohi, I didn't mean that." He looked at her softly. "Your life has considerably changed after we got married. There will be media and other people who would want to keep an eye on you, want an update about you, about us. Also, it's not safe..." He trailed off. "I know you aren't comfortable with all this attention so this is just a way to protect your privacy. We can't avoid it completely but we can to an extent. Do you understand?" He arched a brow at her.

She lowers her head, realizing how correct he was. Why hadn't she thought about it? She chastised herself. "Oh okay." She mumbled lowly. "But wasn't Samar your driver? I don't think it will be possible for him to manage being there for you as well as for me." She said thoughtfully.

He chuckled. "I've a new driver. His name is Saket."

"So you could have appointed him as my driver. Samar-" she stopped midway and shook her head before continuing. "He's elder to me so Samar uncle." She corrected herself. "So I was saying, Samar uncle has been with you since long. Then why did you do that?" She questioned her confusion.

"You ask too many questions." He sounded exasperated. "And Samar has been with me since I started working. Hence, I know him well and he's trustworthy. I can trust him with you." He explained her.

Aarohi felt her insides melt at that and the familiar warmth yet again engulfed her heart. She tried to gauge his expressions trying to know more behind his act but he looked so normal as if it wasn't something great. He was putting her safety before his, being so considerate and thoughtful about her and still behaving so casual about that. Vihaan snapped his fingers in front of her making her blink and break out of her thoughts.

"I'm getting late so I'm leaving. I've forwarded you Samar's number. If you need anything, just message or call me." He grabbed his bag and laptop and exited the house, shutting the door behind him and leaving Aarohi in a daze.

Aarohi didn't know how to feel or react. Was it because he genuinely cared for her or simply because he felt responsible? She hadn't given him any reason to actually care for her so she cancelled that possibility. They had come to a agreement that they'll keep away from each other's life so that means he has no reason to feel responsible towards her as well. Then why? Finally concluding that it was only because Vihaan was a nice and good-hearted person, she gave her mind a rest and thoughts a break.

Aarohi sped to her room and removed her phone from charging. Quickly opening her WhatsApp, she typed a "Thank you ❤️" to Vihaan but deleted the red heart before hitting the send button. Replacing the red heart with a yellow one, she hit the send button.

Aarohi : Thank you 💛

Aarohi soon left for the hospital.

An endearing smile settled on Vihaan's lips when he checked the message in the afternoon while having lunch. He was glad to know that the work went smoothly even in his absence. VedHaan was a multinational company. They had their enterprises in three countries and were all set to establish a fourth one in Frankfurt, Germany soon.

Vihaan wondered why he did that. He had done a thorough background check on Saket even though he was recommended by and was a good friend of Samar. Ofcouse he could trust him as well. But there was a unusual sense of protectiveness he felt towards Aarohi that made him take no chance. He wanted to be sure that there won't be any chance of harm to her even remotely and what better than trusting someone with whom he had spent years and grown pretty fond as well.

Aarohi, on the other hand was having a pretty tiring day. She had to check on tons on patients, go through some old records, have a few phone conversations and if that wasn't enough the children in the playschool who knew her already missed her a lot. So, she had to spend a sufficient amount of time with them as well. Her colleagues, staff and others couldn't stop gushing and congratulating her for her marriage. By the time she was done, she wanted nothing but the comfort of her bed. She even felt grateful that she'd a driver so she won't have to drive.

Mouthing a quick thank you to Samar uncle when he opened the car door, she stepped out and made her way to the elevator after reaching the building. Pressing the button for the topmost floor, she leaned on the back wall of the metal box. The elevator stopped at the expected floor and the gates opened. Aarohi hurried out quickly and rang the doorbell.

"Why are you so late?" Vihaan asked opening the door for her.

"Oh, you're early!" Aarohi exclaimed moving past him towards the shoe rack and removing her sandals.

"That's not the answer to my question." He frowned and closed the door.

She just shrugged her shoulders in response and grabbed the bottle of water before gulping its contents down her throat. Vihaan decided to let off her behaviour and nonchalance since she looked too exhausted.

"Aarohi, the dinner-"

"Vihaannn," she groaned. "Don't ask me to make dinner now. You can order for yourself if you want to but I'm very tired. I'm just going to sleep. Good night." She walked away.

"Aar- " he tried to call but she'd already retired to her room. He sighed.

After sometime thinking that she might have got freshened up, Vihaan knocked on her door. Aarohi jutted her chin at him after opening, too tired to even speak anything. She had changed into a loose tee and pyjamas.

"Come out and have dinner." He commanded calmly. Aarohi widened her eyes. 'He made the dinner for me, for us?' she thought.

He must have probably ordered it.

Her subconscious replied and she agreed. "Okay." She said to Vihaan.

They walked to the dining area and sat across each other. Before Vihaan could make a move, Aarohi started serving the food kept on the table for both. Her mouth watered looking at food even though they looked different from whatever she had eaten throughout her life.

"What are they?" She questioned while folding her legs.

"Zucchini noodles with pesto sauce and caprese salad." He answered. "And keep your legs down. That is no way to sit while having food on dining table." He pointed an accusatory finger at her.

"Oh shush! My legs, my choice. I'm comfortable in this position and that is what matters the most." She stated and started eating the food savouring the flavours on her taste buds.

Vihaan knew it would be futile to argue with her so he gave up before the fight even started. He stared at her amusingly as she gobbled the food as if she had been starving since days.

"It's yum." She moaned.

"You're eating as if you had been deprived of food since days." He chuckled.

"Not days but yes since morning."

"You didn't have anything the whole day?" His voice laced with concern and surprise.

She shook her head still focusing on the healthy yet delicious noodles.

"And why is that so?"

"I didn't get time. I was too busy." She looked at him and then his plate. "You haven't even started your food. Come-on eat." She prompted him.

"You shouldn't skip your meals Aarohi. It's not good." He said in a dejected tone.

"Okay Daddy." She gave him a toothy grin.

He whipped his head towards her and looked at her mischievously while she wondered what did he find so amusing. "What?" She mouthed.

"What did you just say?" He asked teasingly.

"Okay Daddy." She replied nonchalantly. The bulb in her head striking when she saw him cocking his brows and giving her a lopsided smile. Her eyes widened in horror.

"You perv!" She was about to throw the fork in her hand at him but stopped herself at the right time. "I'll stab you with this fork!" She shrieked still in shock with his sexual insinuation.

"Not my fault." He laughed his heart out and if she wasn't mad, she would have definitely admired the sight.

They fell into a comfortable silence and were eating their food peacefully.

"By the way, from where did you order this? It's delicious."

"I cooked it." He replied and continued eating.

Aarohi dropped her fork on hearing that. He didn't notice it neither did he notice her gawking at him. She stared at him in shock with wide eyes. "You cook?" She enquired. He nodded still having his gaze fixated on his plate as he shoved a spoonful of noodles into his mouth.

"You cooked for us?" He again nodded.

Aarohi continued to stare at him. Her gaze soft and unblinking as if he was a beautiful dream bestowed upon her and she feared that it would end soon and she will have to drag herself back to reality.

Vihaan felt her gaze on him so he looked up. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Aarohi jerked up. Comprehending his question, she smiled at him. "Because you're beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence." She said solemnly.

Vihaan looked at her partially in astonishment and partially in fear. "You alright?" He asked in a small voice.

Aarohi laughed at his expression. "Just kidding. That was a dialogue from The Fault In Our Stars. I remembered it when you asked me that question. So just recited it." Aarohi elucidated and Vihaan heaved a breath of relief.

"But seriously you actually cooked dinner even though I refused to make us breakfast in the morning?" She asked guiltily.

"I came home early so did it. Nothing much. It's been long since I last cooked though." He smiled. They finished their dinner.

"I'll load them in the dishwasher." Aarohi said and got up to take their plates.

"I'll do it. You were really tired. So, go and sleep." Vihaan intervened.

"I'm not anymore." She defended. "The  food has erased all my weariness. I'll sleep after doing this little task."

"My cooking skills do that." He bragged making Aarohi roll her eyes.

"Here comes the narcissist." She murmured to herself.

"Sleep." She ordered.

"Good night."

"Night."

***

I've semester exams now so the next update will be after 28th April.

Hope everyone is doing well. Times are tough and the least we could do is take care of ourselves & our near and dear ones, follow the covid protocols, wear masks while going out and be safe. Do pray for people who are suffering and all our frontline workers and if you can lend your support and help them in any way, then please do. Love and strength to all. Praying and hoping we come out of this situation soon.

Don't forget to vote and comment. It makes my day! ❤️

• Thank you for reading •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 23K 63
For her, he is the light of her life. She never thought of leaving him. But unknowingly they got into a fight. He went out leaving her alone in the h...
130K 12.3K 13
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
675K 34.9K 46
"Mom i told you na ! I don't wanna get married . Be honest what do I lack . I have money , family, house, and a car . But all you want is for me to...
232K 12.2K 50
#1 in Doctor series "Doctor!!" A soft, warm, and euphonic voice of Dr. Ishaan came from very behind me. I whirled. "Hhaammppff" I gasped, finding hi...