❦𝕃𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝔾𝕚𝕣𝕝 - ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕�...

By Maiya_Dragneel

𝘾𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙 - 𝘽𝙤𝙤𝙠 2 𝙏𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, (𝙔/𝙣) 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚�... More

«Note»
«Prologue»
«1 - The Beginning»
«2 - Moon Demon Company»
«3 - Cursed Gear»
«4 - An Unlikely Pair»
«5 - Mikaela Hyakuya»
«6 - Contracts and Demons»
«7 - Hikari»
«8 - Mitsuba Sangu»
«9 - Despicable Humans»
«10 - A Noble Encounter»
«11 - Shinjuku»
«12 - Dangerous Drugs»
«13 - An Impossible Reunion»
«14 - Sinners»
«15 - I'll Save You»
«16 - Invite»
«17 - Nightmare Interview»
«18 - Family»
«20 - Taming a Demon»
«21 - Intentions»
«22 - Krul's Sin»
«23 - The Truth»
«24 - Battle Preparation»
«25 - Punishment»
«26 - No Longer Human»
«27 - Nagoya»
«28 - The Thirteenth Progenitor»
«29 - Hostages»
«30 - I'm On My Way»

«19 - Possession and Manifestation»

211 10 3
By Maiya_Dragneel

A/n: So, I just realised that I missed a chapter and I am so sorry! It was my last day of school, so I guess I was distracted. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Hey, Yoichi! How's it looking? You see any monsters?" Yuu asks as we stand in the desolate city.

The dull sky looms over the six of us as Yoichi stands on a rusty lamp post. The city, drained of its beauty and colour, hides the Horsemen of John as they walk freely on the land.

"Um... Gimme just a second..." Yoichi says, responding to Yuu's question.

"Hey, (N/n). Can you hear anything?" Yuu asks me, for extra caution.

Kneeling on the cracked ground, I listen to the footsteps of monsters within a 1/2 mile radius.

"Hm... There's a Horsemen on the ground straight ahead. I can't tell if there are any on buildings or not moving. Yoichi, you see anything?" I report.

"Yeah, two Horsemen on the buildings and one on the ground." Yoichi says, looking through a magnifier with his bow.

"Hear that? Should we go kill 'em?"
"Dumb idea, Yuu. Fighting only makes noise and attracts more, so it'll be an endless battle with the Horsemen." I sigh.

"I agree. I say we start the cursed gear training right here. Shinoa?" Mitsuba says, looking as Shinoa.

"Hmm... But this training can cause collateral damage. I'd like to get further away from the city."

"Ah! Uh oh."
"Yoichi? Did they spot you?" I ask.

"One of the Horsemen... Oops! Now all of the Horsemen have noticed us. They're coming to attack." Yoichi says.

"Ooh!! We get to fight them after all? Great! Let's do this..." Yuu cheers, however...

"Um, actually... If you don't mind, let me take them out." Yoichi volunteers.

Yoichi doesn't usually ask to fight. He's got something up his sleeve.

"Somebody sounds confident. Can you take them all out by yourself?" I ask, making my way closer to the pole.

"Yeah, I think so. At this distance, at least."

I want to be able to get a close look at what Yoichi wants to try.

He takes a deep breath and with cold eyes,
"Shoot down my enemies, Gekkouin. Let's protect everyone."

Yoichi releases several highly-damaging arrows at the Horsemen.

"Oh?" Mitsuba looks surprised while Shinoa is impressed.

"Amazing. He manifested his demon without being taught a thing."

'So this is... manifestation?'
'Damn right it is. You can do it too. Remember those walls and barriers of smoke? That's one way to manifest me.' Hikari explains.

'Wait, really? So I was able to do manifestations from the very start?! And you didn't think to tell me?'

'I didn't feel like it. Plus, I'm a bit more powerful, so with enough training... I could possess you.'

'So you harbour both abilities of possession and manifestation? Nice, you're overpowered.'

'Flattered, but you can't let those other people know, you know. That Lieutenant might experiment on the both of us...'

With two arrows each, the Horsemen are eliminated and no more approach.
"Guys, I got them!! Yoichi cheers as I pat his head.

"Wait... Yoichi, did you just manifest your demon?!" Yuu freaks out as I sigh at his slow brain.

"Huh? Oh, um... I guess I did." Yoichi says, realising now.

"Shinoa, what's the deal?! Yoichi can already do manifestation?! Did he get special training?! No fair!" Yuu complains like a child.

"No, he didn't. Yoichi's always had a high altitude for controlling gear. He figured it out by himself. Normally, that's impossible." Shinoa explains.

"Yoichi, that's awesome! How'd you do it?!" Yuu says, bugging Yoichi as I sigh from a distance.

...I'm still curious, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to listen in, haha.

"Um... I didn't really do anything special. My demon and I talk a lot when I go to sleep... and after a while, I guess it just came to me." Yoichi replies, as my eyes light up.

"What's your demon like? I bet he's really childish!" I say, attempting to piss off a demon.

'Careful there, don't want to upset the child.'
'Hah! Nice, Hikari. Maybe he'll come out to play.'

'I'm gonna kill you both. Burn in Hell.' Yoichi's demon leaves our thoughts and returns to Yoichi.

Mission accomplished~!

"Huh? My demon only comes out when he's tying to take over my body." Yuu says, slightly getting annoyed by the situation.

"Well, my demon is fun~ He's like a child in the body of an old man!" I giggle.

'Want me to kill you? I can make it more painful than your sad life.'
'Ahah, no thanks. I'd rather talk to Gekkouin without getting murdered.'

"Besides, what do you talk to a demon about?" Yuu asks, looking at the two of us.

"Um... Yesterday we talked about our favourite colours... I think."
"You think...? Well, that's reassuring."

"Still, if that's all I've gotta ask... Hey, Asuramaru!! What's your favourite colour?" Yuu asks his demon.

...Silence.

"Hey! Quit ignoring me!!" Yuu yells.
"Ugh. Stupid and annoying." Saltymizuki sighs while Shinoa and I giggle in the background.

"Hey! What, do you've mastered everything, huh? That's why you're running your mouth, right?!" Yuu points to Saltymizuki and I watch as the poor pinkie stutter while ooking extremely flustered.

"Um! I, uh... O-of course I have." He lies.

"Uh-Huh. Sure. You totally lied just now."
"Like hell I did."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire." I tease.
"Yeah! Prove it!"

"Fine, just you watch. Hey, Kiseki-O. Answer me. What's your favourite colour?"

...Silence.

Yuu smirks widely, looking at Saltymizuki's glaring face.

"Caught ya!" Yuu grins.
"I'm disappointed, Kimizuki." I sigh, continuously teasing him.

"Don't act like you can do any better!!"
"Oh wow, you really are just as salty about this. I can do anything better than you two~!" I smirk.

"Prove it! Prove that you're apparently better!" Yuu shakes me back and forth.

"Okay~ Hikari! What's your favourite colour?" I ask with the most proudest look.

...Silence.

"He said it's purple. Hah!" I lie.
"Sure. Then why didn't I hear it?" Yuu asks, like a dumbass.

I smack him in the head for his stupidity.
"Ow!! Why'd you do that?!"
"You can't hear my demon, idiot Yuu!"

'Hah, you're such a liar, (Y/n).'
'Shut up. I was right, wasn't I?'
'...N-'
'Liar.'

"Anyway! Shinoa, can we start training already?" Saltymizuki asks, changing the subject.

"All right. Shall we do it here? Mistu." Shinoa asks Blondie.

"Yeah. I think this place is fine. We're far enough out to avoid any problems. Though, given how massively powerful their gear is... the thought of them going mad and their demons rampaging scares me." Blondie admits as Saltymizuki and Yuu look at her.

"'Going mad'...?"
"Aha... You don't have to worry. We aren't going to succumb to our demon's tricks." I say with full confidence in Yuu and Kimizuki.

Everyone watches each other in a stand off while I sigh at their doubts.

"Huh? What is it?" Yuu asks Saltymizuki.
"Nothing."

"Quit doubting each other. Have confidence, dammit. What are you, children?" I sigh, smacking the two on the head.

"Well then... Let's begin with a basic lecture on how to properly handle your cursed gear." Shinoa starts.

"It's about time! Why didn't you tell us at the beginning?" Yuu grins.

"You have to take your time to acclimate to your gear, slowly. Go too far, too fast and your demon will take over. Usually, beginers are given half a year..." Blondie explains.

"Sorry, but we don't have that time. Mika's still with the vampires and I need to find a couple people myself. We need that power now. Which, I assume, is why we're here today." I state as Yoichi walks to my side.

"Of course, I was getting to that... Given how freakishly talented you, Kimizuki and Yuu are, you're probably ready now. At least, according to Lt. Colonel Guren." Shinoa finishes.

"Spot on, considering Yoichi managed the impossible and figured it out himself. I mean, (N/n) is a given seeing as she's a genius..." Blondie compliments, making me grin as I hug her.

"Awh, you're so cute, Blondie." I tease.
"S-stop! A-ah, not the hair~!" She screams out for help as I 'play' with her hair.

"We've been meaning to test out if (N/n)'s abilities are a possession attack or manifestation. This is the perfect opportunity for it!" Shinoa adds.

"Wow, you two are awesome!" Yuu says with sparkling eyes.

"Well, of course. The kind-hearted, demon-conquering Yoichi and the prodigy, genius, friendly (Y/n)!"

"Oh no. Ahaha... Besides, you, Yuu and Kimizuki are way stronger than me. You'll pick it up in no time." Yoichi stutters, clearly flustered.

"Nope, not happening. Yuu and Kimizuki have a lot of power, but they hardly think about anything. Both of them are going to have issues." Blondie brings the cold reality as Shinoa turns to me.

"Why don't we do a test trial? On your ability. It has been a while since we've seen it, but I do remember it being powerful, ahaha." Shinoa proposes.

"Oh, yeah, I've been training to strengthen it. It still needs work, but I'm sure it'll be strong enough to withstand an attack from Yuu." I smirk.

"Hey! You never know unless you try..." Yuu says, "Anyway, what do you mean I don't think, Mitsuba?"

"No, no. She wasn't trying to insult you, Yuuichiro. It was a compliment, in fact." Shinoa clears up, taking over from Blondie.

"In the first place, powerful gear comes from powerful, violent demons. They have little inclination to listen to orders. Thus, rather than manifest... those demons tend to be possession types. They directly possess their bearer, granting them greater power for melee fighting. In rare cases, the user can perform abilities although, this is achieved through treacherous training." Shinoa explains with her arms loosely raised.

"So manifestation types... Okay, I get the concept." I say my thought out loud although, missing out a huge part.

So, Hikari listens to orders, giving him a manifestation nature, but at first, he didn't like listening to me, giving him a possession type as well. But why... I should ask, I guess.

'Not answering. It's not time for you to know.'
'That's unfair, don't you think... But I guess I'll trust you if that's what you think is best. Just don't keep it from me if you believe that I can't handle it.'

"Then, for Yuu and I, our gear..." Saltymizuki trails off.
"Yes, Like Lt. Colonel Guren's gear... yours are likely possession types. Those types, while very powerful, are exceptionally inconvenient."

Saying that, Shinoa and Blondie take out their enormous gears with a swift movement.

"They refuse to vanish... or appear at one's convenience." Shinoa adds.

'Does it hurt your pride when I do that?' I ask Hikati with a giggle.
'...I do not have to answer.'

"Wait... That things vanishes?" Yuu asks, pointing at Blondie's large axe-like gear.

"Yeah. How many times have you see me lugging this thing around?" Blondie answers, stating the obvious.

"Never, now that you mention it. But still..." Yuu says.
"When a demon is particularly vicious... their malice is too strong for them to vanish completely." Shinoa adds.

"Malice, eh? Are you a big meanie, Asuramaru?" Yuu asks, as I snicker.

'Hikari, do you remember the moment we made the deal?'

'Yes, I possessed you, but it seems like these people have the memory of a goldfish.'

'Just be glad for that. Who knows what'll happen to you if Guren finds out...'

"On top of that, trying to gain a more personal understanding of your gear is exceptionally risky. Make even one misstep and there is a good chance that it will go beserk. Thus, we've isolated ourselves, so that any damage will be inconsequential." Shinoa explains the risk.

"Got it."
"Well then, let's move onto the next step. (N/n), can you demonstrate your ability? Don't worry, Yuu, you're next." Shinoa says, as Yuu wears a huge grin.

"Ahah, sure. I see where you're going with this." I smile.

I raise my katanas and create a smoke wall.

"I'd like to test it's strength and abilities if you wouldn't mind, (Y/n)." Mitsuba says, raising her own cursed gear against the wall from a distance.

"Ready? Go! Come on out, Tenjiryu!"

Blondie brings her hammer above her head and attacks although, nothing happens for the moment.

Suddenly, a demon, Tenjiryu, manifests and attacks the wall with all its might, causing the ground to rumble.

Half the wall dissipates, but overall, stays standing to everyone's surprise.

"Oh, oh! I wanna try next! Pick me!" Yuu begs, raising his hand as if in school.

"You know what, go ahead, how about we play a game. If you can break my wall while it's in its best condition, I'll do you one favour." I smirk.

Mitsuba really is amazing. I trained a lot to made this all sturdy, but it was almost no match for Tenjiryu. I need experience.

"Break? So it can't be left standing like just now?" Saltymizuki asks.

"And! You only have a maximum of three blows. Use them wisely~"

"Alright, I'll give it a shot, shortie." Saltymizuki smirks, pridefully and hangs over my average figure.

"What did you call me, Saltymizuki? Want me to shatter all the hope and pride you have left of facing off against me." I ask, annoyed.

I repair the wall with more smoke and wait for Kimizuki to attack it.

He calls out to Kiseki-O and attacks the wall with three blows.

The wall however, does not falter a bit, causing me to burst out in laughter against Saltymizuki.

"Hahahahaha!! You didn't even put a scratch on it!! I bet Yuu can't even do any better!" I laugh.

"Huuuuh?! I'll prove you wrong right now then! Asuramaru, give me power!"

Swirls grow on Yuu's face and attacks the wall with three blows, but only leaves one scratch.

"...Don't even-"

"Too late!! I'm gonna die of laughter, hahahahaha!! You're all so pathetic!" I roll around on the ground, trying desperately to catch a breath.

"U-um... May I try, (N/n)? I wanna see if I'm powerful enough!" Yoichi volunteers.

"Hmm, is like to see if that attack of yours can do better than Yuu. I mean, at least he left a scratch, haha." I tease.

Yoichi raises his gear.
"Let's do this, Gekkouin."

He fires three arrows that pierce through the wall.

"Oh, wow. It went straight through... Amazing, Yoichi!" Yuu gasps.

"So, does that mean I win?"

"Nope, because the wall hasn't dissipated. You made holes, but the wall is still there. That attack is precise enough to pierce, but it suits small targets best. You could pierce the vital area of a large target, but that would take a lot of practise to aim that well on a moving or stationary target, as well as the fact that you'll also be moving at the same time, so ultimately, you're an amazing sniper for single targets or a small groups of targets where you can fire multiple arrows that aren't as precise." I analyse. 

"Um, that's a lot of talking... I didn't understand a word." Yuu points out.
"Huh? Oh! Sorry, I zoned out, haha." I apologise.

"There's still Shinoa, right? She hasn't attacked that wall yet." Saltymizuki points out.

"Ahaha, I was saving the best for last." Shinoa twinkles.

"So far, Blondie has done the most damage, but no one has broken it down. I wonder if Shinoa will find a similar result?" I wonder out loud.

Shinoa raises her scythe above her head from a distance and summons Shikama Doji.

"Destroy that wall for me, Shi."

Shikama races towards the wall with power and speed, breaking straight through it.

"One blow... Ah, well, it seems I owe a favour to the all-powerful Shinoa." I get on one knee and raise my hands to Shinoa in a dramatic manner.

"Nice to have the great goddess (Y/n) owe a peasant, such as myself, a favour." Shinoa plays along.

"You're both so weird..." Blondie sighs, "Come on, let's stop messing around and carry on. We've wasted enough time as it is."

"No, no. It was not a waste of time at all. The difference between manifestation types and possession types were made clear here. Manifestation types caused more damage although, you guys have a wider potential than us three." I access.

"What we just showed was 'Manifestation'. Manifestation types have special abilities they can use." Shinoa starts.

"Really? Cool!" Yuu cheers.

"If you have something that impressive... why haven't you used it in battles against vampires?" Kimizuki asks.
"Hey, that's a good point. Why not?" Yuu asks.

"Because we can't. Manifesting our demon means all of our power is sucked out of us, the host, and into the demon manifestation. How about I demonstrate with Yuu."

Shinoa manifests Hikari when Yuu slices at the weapon to take it out her hand.

The scythe falls with ease as if she weren't trying to hold it at all.

"Did you even try?" Yuu asks.
"That's what happens. Well, somewhat. Usually, the host is blown back a bit just by a mere touch." Blondie says.

"Manifesting your demon will give you special powers... but it takes all your strength with it, leaving you drained. Not only that, each demon works best only at certain ranges." Blondie continues.

"Oh, so Yoichi's purely a long-range fighter, while Shinoa does well with mid-range. Your demon, Mitsuba, is most powerful at close or mid-range." I hypothesise.

"Correct. But..."
"When facing against vampires, who are already physically superior... weakening yourself against melee-range attacks could cost you your life. Is there even any use of manifestation?" Saltymizuki steps in.

"Well, its a case-by-case situation. You see, if we had someone, say, a 'knight in shining armour', to protect us at melee-range..." Shinoa looks at Yuu and Saltymizuki.

Yuu extends a hand to Shinoa and says,
"That's my job, right? Kimizuki and I will protect you guys. That way, all of us get stronger. Right?"

"Now, onto the next step. I have explained to you what manifestation is... so now, let's talk about possession. Yuuichiro, you've done something like it before." Shinoa says, bringing our attention to her.

"I have? When?"
"A moment ago when you tried to break (Y/n)'s wall." Blondie says.

"Oh, That? So that was possession?"
"No, true possession goes much further. First, why don't you do what you did again?"

"Huh? Um... now? Okay. Lend me your power... Asuramaru."

The swirls form on Yuu's face once more, but before he can do anything, Shinoa says,
"Excellent. Now, while in that state, cut yourself. Then tell your blade to 'Drink my blood'."

That phrase... is cursed gear similar to vampires weaponry...?

"Huh? Blood? That sounds kinda vampire-like." Yuu points out.

"There's a lot of similarities between vampires and demons that I've noticed." I add.

"Well, yes. There is something of a connection between demons and vampires. Would you like me to tell you?" Shinoa starts, but Saltymizuki steps in.

"Yeah, Yuu. You sit and listen to Shinoa talk. I'll go ahead and start first. Without you." Saltymizuki provokes.
"Ah! Hold it, Kimizuki! I get to go first!" Yuu argues.

"No! Not at the same time!" Blondie steps in.
"Huh? How come?" I ask.

"Because if you fail... and you three go mad at the same time, we won't be able to stop you."

"Okay, So then, Yuu and (N/n) can stop me." Saltymizuki says, but before he can take his weapon out, Yuu stops him.

"I go first." He grins, ready to go at any minute.
"Wait! Yuu!!" I shout, wanting to go first.

"Go for it, Asuramaru! Drink my blood! Let's both get stronger together!"

He slices his hand on the blade as I watch blood drip down the sword.

"Yuu? Um, Shinoa, what happens now?" I ask, but as I do, Yuu bends over.

"Guh...?"

He turns around to look at me as the whites of his eyes turn black.

"Yuu!!"
"It's begun! If he goes berserk, it could happen right away! Everyone prepare for battle!!" Blondie calls out.

"Got it! But if he does go berserk, I'm gonna save him!" I declare, taking out my katanas.

"W...what?" Yoichi mutters, still processing the situation.

"Dammit! That was no fair, Yuu!" Saltymizuki grits, taking his cursed gear out.

"Let's see what happens." Shinoa smiles.

"Urgh... Nnngaag...!" He mumbles although, Yuu collapses onto the ground.

"What?"
"Yuuichiro!"
"Yuu? So he's not going berserk right now... Ah, thank god." I sigh, relieved.

"Wait, but what happened? Is he still going to go crazy?" Saltymizuki asks.

"Who can say? It's a relief that he didn't go mad with the first shock of change... But it will still be another 20hrs or so before he wakes up."

"...Huh?"
"20 hours?!" Everyone yells in unison.

"Yes. It's possible he could go berserk at any point during that time which is why we could not do this in the city." Shinoa explains.

"Don't tell me..." I start, dreading what's coming.
"Yeah, while he's out... we get to stay here and watch him." Blondie says, dropping to sit on the floor.

"Now then, as I expect, we will be spending the night here... How about starting a camp fire?" Shinoa suggests.

We settle down next to Yuu's unconscious body. Well, all except Saltymizuki...

"Hey. Can I say something?" He asks as he's facing away from us.
"Yes. What is it?" Shinoa allows.

"This whole time you've been blathering about how we're 'friends' and 'companions'. But to be blunt... I don't believe in that for a second."

Shinoa and Blondie watch my movements as I open my mouth to respond.

"Kimizuki... wherever you're going with this... Know that if it disadvantages Yuu and I..."

"It's not that. Yoichi and I... were called in by the higher-ups. The Hiragi family. They practically arrested us, and then they interrogated us."

"Kimizuki. Guren feels bad about that situation. You and Yoichi were injured for the reason of protecting him."

Kimizuki pauses for a moment.

"They asked us over and over, 'What happened on that battlefield?' Only that."

"And what did you tell them?"

"I said I didn't know anything and was just following your orders. They bought it. Was that the 'right' answer?" Kimizuki asks.
"Yes. That was the correct answer."

"Shinoa... I disagree with that. How long should we keep the 'right' answer, a secret?" I step up.

"Are we going to try to keep it from our allies — from him — for good?" Kimizuki questions, "I thought Lt. Colonel Guren would explain, but he hasn't. And from the way this moron is acting, he doesn't know."

"Shinoa. Are you okay with not telling Yuu that he almost... killed you? That something is different inside him? How can we call him our family if we keep these things from him?" I argue, leaning on Kimizuki's side.

I think back to that battle...
The battle where Yuu wasn't himself.
The battle that almost got us killed.
The battle where this started.
The battle where Mika...

"Here's my questions. Are we all truly friends? Is this 'family' thing for real? If it is, then as soon as he wakes up... I'm telling him everything. But if it's just a front... to let you use Yuu's whatever-that-was..."

"Then you will do what?" Shinoa asks Kimizuki.

"Nothing. I'll stay because I need money for my sister's medical care. But I'll only be in it for the money. Not because we're 'friends'. I won't be your knight in shining armour. I'll pretend to get along and try not to vomit out of disgust." He says.

"Hold it, Kimizuki! That went too far. Shinoa's doing this to protect Yuu from the army's upper ranks..." Mitsuba protects Shinoa.

"Kimizuki, I think we should let Shinoa explain before jumping to such statements... as annoying as it seems." I say in a calming voice.

"You're not better, (N/n). Are you just going to let Yuu be used by the army? I thought you two were friends from childhood? Is your goal that important?! You might be the worst one here..." He says.

"...I care about Yuu deeply and to see what has happened to him... I've been by his side for eight years and not once have I seen Guren or those vampires do anything to him... Guren may have activated that, but he didn't cause it to root. Kimizuki... Trust Guren and your squad for now. If you feel that we are using Yuu in any way, feel free to give us a beating back to reality." I smile at him as he looks at me with doubtful eyes.

"That's enough, (N/n). Despite the prickly act you put on, you're a kind person, Kimizuki. It's obvious in the way you care deeply for your sister." Shinoa says as she begins to walk closer to Yuu and I.

She kneels down beside him and looks me in the eyes. I give her a reassuring smile as she turns to Yoichi.

"Yoichi, are you of the same opinion as Kimizuki?" You too... were interrogated by the Hiragis, correct?" Shinoa asks.

"Yoichi and I have already talked it over." Kimizuki adds.

I look over to Yoichi to see that he seems distressed at the situation.

"I-I, um..."
"Take your time, Yoichi. Tell us what you think, truthfully. We'll understand whatever you have to say." I reassure with a small smile.

"...Thank you, (N/n). I believe you're trying to keep this secret... for Yuuichiro's sake. But... We are... all friends, right...?"

I turn to the passed out Yuu and look at his peaceful face...

"Yes, we are." Shinoa answers, "At least... I would like to remain friends with you. So... when Yuuichiro wakes up, let's tell him everything. And when I say 'everything', I don't just mean about that battle. I mean everything about each of us... because we're friends."

Everything...? No, that's not happening. Right now, I don't know who to value more, or more accurately... Who I'm going to choose. Until I can choose, I won't be telling them any more than I already have.

*Mika's POV*
*Sangenium*

Thirsty... So thirsty...! I need blood. Somebody let me drink... human blood!

"Hff... Hff... Damn it."

Even with my heavy breathing and the sound of children running around and playing...

All I can feel is the urge to drink that blood... but I can't. But...!

"Human... Human blood... So thirsty..."

I grab my clothes, tightening my fist around it to somehow distract myself from the hunger.

"Damn it...! Yuu... (N/n)... It hurts...!"

(4480 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 943 9
___________________________ .⋆ ۪ 𖥔 ˑ 𝗢𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗨𝗣𝗢𝗡 𝗔 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 - 𝗟𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗗𝗲𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝘆 ;; 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕...
143K 4.9K 25
★~--•--~★ 𝐀 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬. 𝐓𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞...
611K 18.8K 48
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚...
18.3K 212 14
𝚈𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚇 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗...