A Second Chance (Marco x Fem...

By jen123454321

'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, t... More

General info before reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Pt.2
Chapter 9 - Pt. 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N, Quick easter vacay
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Marco's mom
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (NSFW)
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74 (Finale); The Aftermath...
Reminder for anime-onlys!:)

Chapter 21

1.3K 42 3
By jen123454321

Today your friends was on your mind. It had been a week since the attack on Trost; almost a whole week of you being a member of the Survey Corps. Last night your friends had chosen their regiment, and you couldn't help but wonder where they were now.

You know Connie said he would join, but you sensed he was struggling with his decision when you hugged him goodbye. He very well might end up changing his mind, no one in their right mind should want to face a titan again after all. You had no clue who of your friends were going to arrive here at the castle, other than Armin and Mikasa. The suspense was killing you as you pulled weeds out from the side edges of the castle, the tedious workload not being enough to distract you from your thoughts.

"You're not pulling by the root, it'll only grow back", Levi's voice suddenly said from behind you as he had been inspecting your work without you knowing. You sighed, and looked at him.

"Sorry Captain, just a lot on my mind", you excused yourself defeated, something you normally don't do. He just looked at you, and you could tell he was waiting for you to keep talking. "It's just that my friends joined the regiment's yesterday and I'm nervous for them. I can't decide on what I hope they chose. In one way, I want them to join us so that I can have them close and keep protecting them as I always have. But this is the most dangerous alternative, so that is a selfish thought. If they choose the MP's they'll at least be secured safety, but then I will never get to see them. Plus they'll rot away with those pigs and their corrupt ways", you vented, rambling on a little longer than you planned. Levi's expression didn't change much, but you could see something that reminded you of relatability?...Understanding?

"Just trust in your friends judgements and that what they ended up choosing is what they feel is the best for them. Then all you have to do is support it", he said and turned around. You looked at him puzzled, not really expecting such a sincere advice.

"We'll be going out for a patrol soon. Go help Eren get the horses ready", he ordered before walking away. You decided to take his advice and trust in your friends.

'I will support their decision no matter how I feel'

You joined Eren by the stables and grabbed a bucket to feed the horses.

"Hey Eren, Y/N", Eld called out to you. Him and Gunther was taking a breather on some steps close by. "Do you know if any of your friends are enlisting to the Survey Corps?", he asked curious. You and Eren looked at each other, both unsure.

"Yes there is", Eren answered, but then changed his answer. "Or, there was", he said a little sad, and you knew he was thinking about Mina and Thomas who died before they could join us. You continued feeding the horses until you reached your horse, noticing how the grey hair was glistening in the sun.

"Why do you all have brown horses and I have a grey one?", you wondered, asking Eld and Gunther if they knew anything about it.

"I think that was Hange's friend's horse. After her friend died a long while ago, she has been holding on to it. Using it as a kind of reserve horse, in case her main one couldn't join a mission for whatever reason. She must have thought it would be of better use with you", Gunther explained, and your felt a warm feeling spread throughout your body. Hange was really the most welcoming and kindest person you had met in a while, the first one being Marco. You had to remember to thank her.

"We mostly have brown horses now because that specific breed is the most efficient one you can get that check's out our needs out in the field, that also doesn't completely bust our already low budged. Horses such as yours, Hange's, Levi's, Erwin's and etcetera is just as good, even better actually. But their breed are much pricier, which means they are usually preserved for the most important people in the regiment", Eld explained further. "You should feel lucky to have one of those as they excel in both stamina and speed". You felt your face grow hotter, feeling kind of guilty you got to have such a privilege instead of one of these veterans.

"Listen up! We're going on patrol!", Levi's voice said stern as he rode up to the four of you on his black horse. All of you saluted, Eren in an overly excessive manner.

"Good morning, Captain Levi!", he said, a couple of small droplets of stress-sweat piling up at his hairline. You giggled slightly. You have seen how hard Eren have tried to earn Levi's respect ever since you got here.

"Listen, Eren... Never fall two horse lengths behind me. Don't forget that the only reason you're not locked up is because I'm watching you", he warned Eren plainly.

"Yes, sir!", Eren said determined.

"Let's go!", Levi said and turned his horse. The rest of you quickly saddled up and joined him, Eren intently making sure to not fall more than two horse lengths behind Levi the entire time.

Riding your horse felt freeing now that you weren't too sore. Levi had been working all of you hard as much as he could each day, so a little soreness was not to be avoided. But it was a good kind of soreness, one that came after exceeding what you thought was your physical as well as mental limitations. You felt yourself become stronger on different levels during your time here with the squad, learning from their experiences and expertise.

*Flashback to last night's ceremony, Marco's POV*

We were all gathered by the wall of one of the buildings, quiet as we waited for the ceremony to start. Once again we were at the site of the big stage where we had the cooking competition last year, and it would soon be taken over by our future commanders. Everyone was feeling uneasy, the important decision we were about to make weighing us down. We had talked a lot about it the last few days, many still uncertain. I for one have already made my decision, set on following through with it.

"Jean, Marco. Are you really joining the Survey Corps?", Armin suddenly asked us astonished. We hadn't talked about it much with the other's, just mentioned it once a couple of days ago after having a good talk about it just the two of us. We both had our reasons for changing our minds, for me some parts of it of course being for selfish reasons, like just wanting to be close to Y/N again. But we promised her to choose independently, and that's of course what we did. I know what's at stake and would never hastily decide something so permanent and serious.

"Yes", I answered him, standing by my choice. Sasha shifted uncomfortably in her stance.

"Why tho? Why all of a sudden... We haven't really talked about it... Aren't you scared?", she asked worried. The feeling of guilt formed in the pit of my stomach, and I felt bad for not discussing it between the four of us. However, it was important for me and Jean to sort out our thoughts together- We have had the same goal from the get-go after all. I gave her an apologetic look, about to voice my apology when Jean spoke.

"Of course I don't want to join the Survey Corps", he said plainly.

"Th-then why...", Connie started asking. He had really been struggling keeping to his original plan, which was joining the scouts. The closer to the ceremony we got, the more uncertain he became. I know a part of him feels guilty, thinking Y/N is counting on him joining her. That's what he told her he would do after all, but I know Y/N would never hate him for changing his mind and I have reminded him of it countless times.

"It isn't that I decided that titans doesn't scare me. And I won't say something like, 'The best should join the Survey Corps'... I'm not as eager to die as some", Jean said, a silent jab at Eren.

"You mean Eren, huh...", Connie said, looking down at the ground. "He and Y/N already joined the Survey Corps...", he added to himself, like he was reminding himself of something.

"Trainees! Line up!", a soldier called out. I took a deep breath, shaking away the scared feeling that was taking a hold of my entire being. Other trainees started moving, however we stayed a moment more, Jean continuing on reasoning.

"I'm not risking my life because someone convinced me. This is a job you can't do unless you decide for yourself", Jean finished, patting me once on the back, motioning for us to get going. I turn around, keeping close to him, deliberately shying away from the blonde one's gaze. It was time.

*Back to current time, normal POV*

You were currently going over the plan for the formation you were going to execute in a month when the Survey Corps' 57th exterior mission was planned to take place. Everyone except Levi was gathered around a large piece of parchment, the formation mapped out and ready to be memorised. Levi already knew everything there was to know about the formation, not bothering to go over it another time.

"The special Operations Squad will be here", Gunther said, pointing at the centre of the last ranks.

"We're pretty far back", you noticed.

"It's the safest place in the formation. We're even better protected than the supply carts", Gunther explained further. "This time, our goal is just to go out and return safely. This expedition is so short, because it is a practice run for your journey to Shiganshina", Gunther said, looking directly at Eren. He looked taken back by this sudden revelation. Your breath hitched upon hearing the name of your hometown.

"Um, I still don't know what this power should be used for...", Eren said insecure.

"Did you understand what the Commander's question meant?", Gunther suddenly asked him, and your eyes widened at the memory of Erwin grabbing a hold of you and Eren at the titan-research area.

'What did he really mean by that'

"Did you all understand?", Eren asked them carefully. All except Gunther shook their heads.

"It's possible this mission has another goal, but the Commander decided it was best not to reveal that fact to the soldiers. So we should just focus on following orders; getting there and getting back", Gunther informed you, raising to his feet. You stood up as well. "That's all the training for today. We should head back to the castle", he said as he ascended his horse. "Eren and Y/N, you have stable duty once we return". You and Eren frowned at each other.

"We always get stuck with the shit jobs- literally", you muttered under your breath, however apparently loud enough for the rest to hear as they all snickered at your comment.

You rode back at a comfortable pace, and you took the opportunity to practice sketching in your notebook. You focus sketching the horses in motion in front of you. Of course drawing while riding posed a challenge with the constant movements, but you figured the exercise was good to have either way.

~

"Ew, Eren!", you exclaimed in disgust, as he accidentally waved the spade he had just used to shovel horse shit, a bit too close to your face for your liking. At first he looked scared, worried he hurt you in some way, but once he realised what you were upset about he got a mischievous look on his face. "No Eren, please don't", you said, slowly backing away with your hands held up towards him. He got closer to you, the shit-shovel held tightly in his grasp as his smirk got wider. "N-no, please!", you said, bucking for the exit once you realized he would not back down. You laughed through your fear, multiple snorts leaving your mouth as you made a run for it.

"Eren stop!", you yelled out, almost knocking Oruo over once you left the stable doors.

"Hey, watch it you brat!", he yelled, then making a sound of disgust once he saw the shovel eren was holding. Eren was closing in, and you didn't even take a second look at the sudden crowd appearing to your left. You turned to face Eren, skilfully tackling him to the ground, making sure not to touch the shovel. He fell with a grunt, and you collapsed to the ground laughing.

"Not so tough now, are you Yeager!", you teased once you collected yourself. He only groaned in response, adding a little chuckle at the end.

"It's good to see that you've kept Eren grounded!", you heard a familiar smug voice call out, and your heart skipped a beat. Both you and Eren abruptly looked over to the crowd, only to meet the faces of all your friends.

"Guys!", you called out in disbelief, your words coming out as more of a whisper. You quickly sprinted over to them, your steps unsteady as your body was in denial. They caught on to what you were planning to do and huddled up together so you could hug all four of them. You crashed into them with such force, it almost tipped them over. You laughed as the tears ran down your cheeks. Your thoughts were all over the place, the worry about their safety and the happiness over finally seeing them again actively fighting each other. "I can't believe it... You're all here", you whispered, taking your time to look at them all. They smiled at you whole-heartedly.

"Of course, we couldn't have you be here, stuck alone with Yeager while we were living in luxury", Jean teased. You all laughed as you pulled away from the hug simultaneously. You looked up at Marco who hadn't moved his gaze away from you this whole time. You firmly placed your arms around his neck and pulled in close. You had missed his presence terribly in his absence. You just wanted to get as close to him as possible, like it would make up for the time he wasn't here. Marco swiftly wrapped his arms around you, tucking his face into the nook of your neck as he usually does. It really felt like it was just the two of you here, his familiar smell comforting you in a way that made you feel like you could never be harmed.

"I missed you", you whispered so only he could hear. His arms tightened.

"Me too, Y/N", he replied sincerely.

"Eren! Did they do anything bad to you?", you heard Mikasa frantically ask Eren, making you break the embrace to catch what was going on. However, you kept your body close to Marco. Mikasa had grabbed a hold of Eren, scanning for injuries. "Like investigating every square inch of your body? O-or psychological torture?!", she continued, more and more frantic as she went on. You let out a light huff, thinking it was sweet how worried she was for him.

"N-no Mikasa, not at all.. Right Y/N?", he said, their heads turning to you.

"Uh, yes", you agreed, taken back by the sudden attention. "Nothing of the sorts", you added, a bit more confident. Mikasa looked down, her eyes darkening.

"That short guy went too far. Someday, I'll see him pay for it!", she swore to herself.

"Levi?", you asked astounded. Eren had told you about how he kicked his ass at the trial, but it was all a calculated move that was crucial for them to get full custody. "You don't mean that, right Mikasa? It was all a part of getting custody of Eren", you defended him. Speaking of the devil, you noticed Levi stand by the stalls, his horse secured in his lead. He looked confused and unimpressed, and you concluded he must have heard what Mikasa said. You gave him an apologetic look, but he just shrugged and walked off.
Mikasa turned her attention to you and closed the distance between you. She gently put her arms around you, giving you a short hug, which you happily returned.
"Thank you for watching out for him in my stead", she said, her voice sincere. The guilt started nagging you again.
"Of course Mikasa... Hey, I'm sorry you couldn't be the one to be here with him, I really tried vouching for you", you started apologising.
"Please don't worry about it. I trust you Y/N, I know you can take care of others", she said with a little smile. You smiled at her sheepishly. Although you have had plenty of conversations with her throughout the years, this had been the most sincere and emotional one. She's not one to open up easily.

The rest of your friends joined the group, much to yours and Eren's delight.

"What? Crista, Ymir, Bertholdt and Reiner! You are all here!", Eren exclaimed with a smile. He finally acknowledged Jean as well, though he had been here from the start. "Even Jean and Marco as well, I thought you guys would join the MP's for sure!". You noticed a couple more trainees were here. You didn't think this many would join after the attack. Spirits had been quite low.

"That means only Annie sticked to the original plan then", you noted quietly. You looked over at Marco again, expecting him to still look your way, but you noticed him stealing quick and nervous glances over at Reiner and Berthold. The two of them had stern but smug expressions directed towards him. You felt uneasy, squeezing his hand to gain his attention again. He looked at you and saw your face silently asking if everything was fine. He simply nodded and smiled his handsome Marco-smile.

"Hey! New kids!", Ness called out, getting everyone's attention. "Your uniforms are here!", he announced with a smile, and you noticed everyone's face light up. Officially getting the new uniform was an exciting feeling, and you remembered how proud you felt when you received yours. The green cloak with the wings of freedom emblem felt like a part of you now.

"Come on guys!", you exclaimed excited, dragging your friends with you to meet up with Ness and another Scout holding the uniforms. They all tried on the cape, and you beamed at them, noticing how good it looked on them.

'They can do this Y/N, they are all skilled. No need to worry, just support them'.

"Oh my god Sasha, you absolute gorgeous woman!", you exclaimed as you grabbed her hands, swinging her around with you excited. This released a series of chuckles from the rest. Sasha caught you in her embrace.

"I love you", she laughed, you joined her.
"Love you too, stupid", you whispered.

"Hey! What about me?", Connie said playfully offended, starting to pose in various ways in front of you.

"Of course Connie, you are the definition of hunk", you said with a laugh and rolled your eyes. Connie bowed down and took your hand.

"Thank you mi 'lady", he said formally, his face contorted into a snob-like expression while planting a kiss on the top of your hand. You burst out laughing, several snorts could be heard, causing the rest of them to join you.

"Y/N, still going strong with the snorts", Ymir stated smugly. You felt your face heat up and you looked away modestly.

"Hey, I think it's the best laugh out of all of us, nothing bad about it at all", Marco defended you with a smile. You returned it, feeling thankful, although you knew Ymir meant nothing by it.

______________________________________

A/N:

They are finally reunited! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! You and Marco will get the chance to have more alone time in the next chapter- you have a lot to discuss after all;)

I'm also gonna start posting pictures of the sketches at the end of the chapter if there is any sketches "made" in the chapter:) If there is multiple ones made at different times there will be a: (), with a number, beside it, corresponding to the same numer under the picture at the end, so you know which one belongs to which. Terrible explenation, but it'll make sense once you see it i think:)

Have a good day and stay tuned!<3

~Jen

*Y/N's sketches of the horses (from pinterest):

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 94 32
Zach Tybur is youngest of 3 siblings and a member of the illustrious and respected Tybur family, but for as long as he can remember nobody in his fam...
881K 19.9K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
561K 13K 33
Year 845, the year Wall Maria met its doom. The residents within Wall Maria stared at the wall. A head was now visible...it was a titan... 'A titan...
3K 106 11
Eren furrowed his eyes irritated at the fact that who else beside him was seeking your attention away. "Who?" Eren asked out of frustration as jealou...