Life of Opal

By ElizabethShelby

One-shots, short stories, and comics featuring my OC Opal and her life in Corona! To learn more about Opal, c... More

Meet Opal
Birth of Opal, Part 1/3
Birth of Opal, Part 2/3
Birth of Opal, Part 3/3
Magic Mirrors
The Painting
The Seashell
Surprise in the Night
The Family Portrait
Like Mother, Like Daughter...?
Daddy's Scarf
Pumpkin Harvest
Birds and Realizations
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 1/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 2/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 3/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 4/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 5/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 6/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 7/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 8/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 9/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 10/11
The Kidnapping of Opal, Part 11/11
The News
Baby's Kick
Guarded
The New Baby, Part 1/2
The New Baby, Part 2/2
Little Prince?
Jealous
Reading Time

Moon-Gazing

1.4K 30 8
By ElizabethShelby

Opal gasps with excitement as she stretches out her tiny hand. "The moon is so big tonight, Daddy! Can I touch it?"

Varian chuckles fondly. "I'm afraid not, Little Gem."

"Aww..." Opal says, disappointed.

"But it's okay," Varian adds. "We may not be able to touch the moon, but it touches our lives in so many ways."

"How, Daddy?" Opal stares up at her father with wide, curious eyes.

"Well..." Varian rubs the back of his neck, pondering his daughter's question. He knows Opal is a bit too young to fully understand the scientific explanations of how the moon affects life on earth... especially since he has a habit of explaining things in so much detail. So he simply replies, "I'll tell you another time, Little Gem. But for now, how about a story?"

"Yay! A story!" Opal exclaims, kicking her little feet in anticipation.

Varian smiles, and pulls Opal closer. "Have I ever told you the legend of the Sun Drop and Moon Stone?"

Opal gazes up at the moon as she listens to her father's story, and eventually drifts off in a peaceful slumber to the sound of his voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 64.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
4.2K 110 13
KISS are going on a vacation to the seaside so they can escape the cold weather.
512K 26.3K 19
where jungkook ,a new student accidentally admits that he likes taehyung to taehyung himself who's a tsundere to be exact and from the next day onwar...
16.1K 550 25
Life Is Great For The Trollings In Troll Village, Especially Keith, Who Loves Nothing More Than Having Fun And Enjoying Company From Queen Poppy. Tha...