I'll always love you (A 'Pear...

By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

This is about a navy nurse Emiellia (It's Amelia but spelled differently) Rogers, who ends up getting shipped... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A oneshot
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Hello (not a chapter)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Not a chapter (again)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Easter Oneshot
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 25

838 6 3
By NewWriterOnTheBlock_

Evelyn's P.O.V

After the funeral ended, we all started heading back to the hut, but I slowed by pace to a stop, not ready to go back yet.
Emiellia must've noticed me slowing down, as she stopped to look at me, confused.

"You okay Ev?" She asked me.

I nodded my head, "Yeah I'm fine, just go on without me. I'll meet up with you guys in a later." I told her.

She mutters an okay and turns around to catch back up with our friends.

I exhaled a long breath, and turned around to try and find Rafe to talk with him.
As I was searching for him, I tried thinking of ways to break the news to him, after all, I was the one who broke his heart and I need to tell him myself.

When he "died", my stomach dropped when he found out the news, but only for him to show up in Hawaii, in the flesh.
After getting shot down in England and getting saved by a French fishing boat, I was grateful that he was alive and okay, but a hole was left in my heart when left and supposedly "died".
So when he showed up, it felt like my heart was torn in two and made things complicated between us.
Not just between Rafe and I, no, it made Danny and I's new relationship hard too.
In my heart, I know that I still love Rafe, but I also love Danny, which leaves my heart split between both men.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I took in my surroundings and noticed I wondered into a small gas station, surrounded by a couple of small houses.
I saw a middle aged woman hanging up her laundry, and decided to walk up to her to ask if she's a man looking like Rafe.

"Hello, I was wondering if you happened to see a male about 6 feet tall, and wearing a military uniform?" I asked her.

She nods her head and points to a small house, about one house away from hers.

"I saw a man that fits your description walk into that small hut."

I thanked her and made my way over to it.
The minute I stepped foot into the building, Rafe turned his attention to me.
My eyebrows furrowed as thought of him leaving again flooded my brain, but I shake the thought and clear my throat.

"Packing." I say.

He looks at me, then back at the clothing as he puts in a jacket he folded into his duffel bag.

"Orders." He simply answered.

Thoughts rush to my head again, thinking hard about what these "orders" were, then that's when I remembered Danny and Rafe both received a yellow half sheet of paper from a military official at the funeral.

"What kind?" I ask, finally coming up with a suitable response. He focuses his attention still on packing as he answers my question.

"The top secret kind of orders."

"You mean the dangerous kind." I say to him and myself, feeling my heart fall to my stomach at the thought.

He looks at me for a second, then looks away as I lean on the door frame, glancing outside for a second, then back at him.

"I can't seem to find Danny anywhere." I tell him.

His jaw slightly tighten as I realized it probably wasn't the best thing to say to start a conversion, especially when you're talking about the guy you fell in love with, who happens to be his best friend.

"Is that why you are here? You are looking for Danny?" He asked.

I rub my lips together and look down at the ground, then back up again, when he started to talk, putting in a small brown journal.

"He's probably saying goodbye to his squadron, cause we've been assigned to Dolittle." He tells me.

That was when my heart stopped beating against my ribcage for a second.

'Dolittle? They're going that far?' I thought to myself.

Deciding to help, I grab a pair of khaki's that were hanging off the back of a chair, folding it, then placing it into his bag, keeping my mind off of the orders he received.

"But I'm not looking for Danny," I admit. "I was looking for you." 

He stops his movements and turns his attention to me after I said it. "I couldn't have you leave without knowing something." I tell him.

He shakes his head, looking frustrated, and trying not to tear up, he starts speaking.

"Yeah, well, you don't have to explain anything to me."

A little hurt by his words, I look at him with hurt and confusion displayed across my face.

"But I do!" I exclaim. "Because you are acting like I didn't love you!"

He zipped up his bag, grabbed it off the bed, turned his body to face me, and looked at me, making my heart beat quicken.

"Evelyn, loving you kept me alive." He told me and left the small house. Still not done talking to him, I left the house and followed after him.

The conversation we had, my heart wouldn't let up as it felt like it was going to beat out of my chest the more I looked and talked to him.

Once I caught up with him, he turned around and looked me straight in the eyes, with his hands on his hips and a sad look.

"I should've died over there." He told me.

My heart clenched as I tried to hold back my tears.

"When I was in that water," He began. "I made a deal with God, and I told him that I was sorry, and told him that I was a fool for leaving you to try and be a hero. And I promised that I wouldn't ask for anything else if I could just see your face, just one more time." He admitted.

Shame was displayed across my face along with sadness as I kept listening to what he was saying.

I look up at him to see that he was starting to cry and my heart was wildly beating with hurt and remorse for him.

"And you know what Ev? It was worth it."

I look down at the ground as I felt a tear fall down my cheek. The more he kept speaking about me keeping him alive, I knew I couldn't keep it a secret anymore, because no matter what, It was going to gut me for what I was going to tell him.

As more tears spilled from my eyes, I took in a hiccuped breath and looked at him.

"Rafe," I gulp down the invisible lump in my throat. "I'm pregnant."

He stood there frozen with shock and hurt as I turned my head away in shame and hurt.

"Oh my God."

I couldn't look him in the eyes as I knew I betrayed him and I hated myself for doing it, but ever since Danny helped me get through his "death" I fell in love with him, but I wasn't expecting to fall pregnant with his child. After I found out, I promised myself to protect this child and love it, no matter what.

I licked my lips and walked a little closer to Rafe. "I didn't even know until the day you came up alive." I told him. "Then this happened!"

I rubbed my lips and looked at the ground, and let out hiccuped breath.

"I haven't told Danny yet." I admit.

He turns his head back to me once I told him this. "But I don't want him to know. All he needs to think about is doing this mission and coming back alive."

I pause as I look out to see the sun starting to set as my heart started to ache more. "Rafe, all I have ever wanted was for us to have house and grow old with each other, but life never asked me for what I wanted." I whisper.

"Now I'm going to give Danny my whole heart." I answered honestly as I looked at the side of his face. "But I don't think I'll look at another sunset without thinking of you."

With one last goodbye, I looked down and said, "I'll love you my whole life, Rafe."

With that, I turned around and walked away from him, heading back to the nurses hut, only later to find Danny to tell him goodbye.

Emiellia's POV

It was about 5:30 P.M. when I decided to leave the hut and walk to the airport to say goodbye to Red and Anthony, who were going on a secret mission with a couple others, to help Dolittle with a secret assignment.

Anthony ended up letting the cat out of the bag and told Sandra about a secret mission that him, Danny, Rafe, Red, Gooz, and others were apart of.
Hearing this from Sandra herself, made my skin crawl that Danny and the others were going to be sent off on this "top secret mission" that could possibly cost them their lives.

After receiving this news from Sandra, I knew I wanted to go say my goodbyes to the boys before they left.
Sandra and Barbra offered to come with me, but I just shook my head and gave them a small smile and told them I'd go alone.
I was thinking about having Evelyn come with me, but when she got back to the hut, she was in tears and not in the mood to talk to any one, only wanting to be left alone in her room.
~
I thanked the taxi driver, and handed him a 5 for the ride, and started walking inside the airport.
The more steps I took, the louder and faster my heart started to beat against my ribs and the sound of my blood rushing in my ears.
The closer I got to the giant airplane, I noticed someone sitting on one of the benches.
I couldn't tell who it was, since their back was against me, but I kept my head held high and kept walking towards the bench, focusing to the sound of my heels clicking against the concrete.
The stranger must've noticed the sound of my heels, as he sat up straighter, then turned his head.
Once he did, my body stopped in its tracks and tensed up as I made eye contact with him.
He did the same as I'm guessing he was also not expecting me either.
I took in a deep breath, cleared my throat, and started my walk towards him.

The whole time I was walking towards him, his eyes didn't leave my body as he was still shocked that I was there.
As I made to him, I stopped in front of him and pushed a strand of my light brown hair behind my ear, and cleared my throat and looked into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Mind if I sit?"

He shakes his head no and looks at the ground.

"Uh no, go ahead."

I give him a smile, even though he won't see it, and sat next to him.

It was silent for a couple minutes, before I decided to try and start a conversation.

"Do you remember that night in New York, when you asked to dance with me?" I ask him, turning my head towards him.

I could see the smile crawling onto his lips, along with a small blush, giving his light tan cheeks some color.

"Yeah, I remember like it was yesterday."

"Ma'am,"

My laughter faltered as I looked away from Barbra to see the same flyboy I saw about 4 weeks ago, standing there, fidgeting with his fingers lightly, looking nervous.

I gave him a light, comforting smile trying to ease his nerves, only to make him look more anxious.

"I was um, I was wondering if-if you-"

The girls started to lightly giggle at his anxious stuttering, as I lightly nudged Barbra next to me to stop, then looked back at him.

"I would love to!"

His eyes snapped up and looked at me with wide eyes, then a smile graced his lips and the anxiousness morphed into happiness.

He held out his hand for me to take, as I gently placed my small hand into his.
He pulled me from my seat in the booth and walked me to the dance floor, where multiple men and women danced their hearts out to an upbeat song the band was playing on stage.

Once we stepped foot onto the floor, the song ended and faded into a slow song.
He spun me around with our connected hands as I let out a surprised gasp and spun into his chest.
He placed his right hand against my mid back as I placed my right on his shoulder blade, both left hands still connected.
As we moved, I noticed how nervous he was getting. He kept taking short glances at his feet, then back up to have his eyes meet mine.
He must've thought I didn't notice as he muttered under his breath and looked down at our feet.

"Sorry, I have two left feet when I comes to dancing, so I apologize." He said, nervously laughing.
I giggled a bit and gave him a reassuring smile.
"It's okay, just relax. You're getting tense."

I took my right hand off his shoulder blade and lightly placed my hand under his chin, and used my index finger to lift it up, making him look at me with wide eyes.

"Just relax, and move your body to the beat." I instruct him lightly.

He nods his head and gives me a closed mouth smile.
He took my advise, and we both started to sway, like everyone else, who were dancing.

"Daniel."

I take my head off his shoulder and looked at him with a confused smile.

"What?"

He let out a small laugh and he looked down, then back at me with a light smile.

"Daniel, Daniel Walker. That's my name, ma'am." He told me.

"I know." I tell him. His eye brows furrow a bit, looking confused. "I know because I've read your chart Mr. Daniel Walker."

He lets out a small embarrassed laugh and looked away from me for a second.

"Right, forgot about that."

He started to get nervous again, as we both bumped into a couple people dancing. He apologized profusely to not only them, but to me.
I quietly laugh and pecked his cheek, making him choke on inhaled air, and freezing him in his spot.

"It's okay, I understand." I say to him. "You don't need to apologize."

He smiles at me and spins me around, making me giggle, then pulling me back into his body.

We danced for a bit more, until the song ended, and started to become an upbeat song again, making the dance floor lively again.

"I'm Emiellia, Emiellia Rogers, by the way." I tell him.

He smiles and spins me quick making me squeal and laugh as he pushes me away and spinning me back to him, still connected by our hands.

"I know," he said with a smile. "I know because your friend told me, Miss Emiellia Rogers."
~
I'm alive!
Tbh, it's been a long time since I've updated his story, and I had no idea how to finish it.
(Plus I've been busy with school lol)
Sorry for the long wait and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Hope you have a great day wherever you are and have a Happy New Year!
-NewWriterOnTheBlock_
I do not own the 2001 film 'Pearl Harbor' nor it's characters. I only own mine.
(Word Count: 2620)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 20 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...
168K 4.8K 59
This fanfic takes place shortly after the end of the Civil War of the MCU. Natasha realizes that she has more feelings for Steve than just friendship...
72K 4.3K 45
Set during the second world war. Isabella and her sister Alice work as nurses at Pearl Harbor during the second world war. Listed by their father wh...