Worse for Better- Book #1 in...

By anyawritezzz

Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being man... More

***Please Read/ Authors Note***
**Aesthetics/Cast**
💿 Playlist 💿
Chapter 1: Worse
Chapter 2: Job
Chapter 3: Phone call
Chapter 4: Group Project
Chapter 5: Dance
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Rehearsal
Chapter 8: Peyton
Chapter 9: Change
Chapter 10: A Kick
Chapter 11: Game #1
Chapter 12: Picture
Chapter 14: Hotel
Chapter 15: The Next Morning
Chapter 16: Grandma
Chapter 17: Family Reunion
Chapter 18: Apology
Chapter 19: Window
Chapter 20: Car Ride
Chapter 21: Dad
Chapter 22: Stubborn
Chapter 23: Spy Mission
Chapter 24: Diner
Chapter 25: Caught
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Bedroom
Chapter 28: Pillow Fight
Chapter 29: Skyler
Chapter 30: Feelings
Chapter 31: Final
Chapter 32: Win or Lose
Chapter 33: Mom
Chapter 34: Blame
Chapter 35: Comfortable
Chapter 36: Pillowtalk
Chapter 37: Now what?
Chapter 38: Plane Ticket
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Walk
Chapter 41: Dressing Room
Chapter 42: Party
Chapter 43: Pool Table
Chapter 44: Nightmare
Chapter 45: Shower
Chapter 46: Over
Chapter 47: Family
Chapter 48: Visitation
Chapter 49: Court
Chapter 50: Hearing
Chapter 51: Guilty or Not Guilty
Chapter 52: Action Movie
Chapter 53: A Few Minutes
Chapter 54: Drunk
Chapter 55: Friendsgiving
Chapter 56: Alaska
Chapter 57: Answer
Chapter 58: Promises
Chapter 59: Better
Bonus Chapter: Camping
Surprise!!!!

Chapter 13: Kidnapped

20.8K 497 555
By anyawritezzz

Roman's POV

A couple of hours go by of excessive questions and annoying ass students not shutting the fuck up for two seconds. Coach, who stayed on his phone the entire time, finally lets me go and I sigh in relief.

Thank the lord!

I walk back to my car and pass the dance studio from where I hear music, though the yelling in the room is not only familiar, but very loud. I stop in my tracks and hear more words be loudly screamed.

"I didn't tell her about us," I hear a girl's voice say defensively, yet in such a soft tone that I barely heard it.

"You're a whore, that's what you are!" the guy voices back bitterly. "Go kill yourself," he seethes, making true anger build inside of me.

"I'm sorry," this time I recognize the softness of the tone, making the other person's voice be known too.

What the hell did he just say?

The rage I feel towards him for saying that shit towards her makes my feet walk right through the double doors and straight towards them with control felt over my own body.

I may be an asshole, but he crossed a line.

***

Alaiya's POV:

Carson continues to yell at me for a girl who said she wouldn't kiss him because she said he was with me. He assumed that I had told her which I definitely did not.

All of a sudden, the doors are heard open and both Carson and I shut our mouths simultaneously. Carson turns his head around and I look from beside his body only to see Roman entering the room.

He looks angry but looks to be covering it up for some reason which is probably why he looks so oddly calm.

"What are you doing here?" Carson's tone and attitude have completely changed into more of a friendly manner.

I fold my arms and look down at the floor to hide the water on my cheeks.

"Coach needed me to get something," Roman says casually once he gets closer to us.

He glances over at my fearful body language for what might happen if Carson and he get in an argument because of me. I shake my head slightly at him because I don't know what Carson will do to me after this. Carson looks over at me and I turn my head back towards the floor to act like I didn't do anything. Instead, I walk over to the speaker so that my body is turned around while wiping the tears away. I swallow the lump down inside my throat and unplug my phone from the speaker. I came to get some practice in for the dance Mrs.Lambert had given me since I had nothing better to do; I just didn't know that Carson would come here to find me about him and whatever happened with that girl or else I would've stayed home.

"So do you call all your girlfriends sluts or...?" Roman asks sarcastically, making my eyes widen and my head snap around to see Carson's body filled with fear.

I've never seen him look so afraid. Usually, that's me so it's an odd sight to see.

Why is Roman even defending me? Didn't he and the entire team call me all those things? Is he joking or playing a prank on me? His body language and face look pretty serious to me.

"She's not my girlfriend." Carson shakes his head, trying to stay strong with a small laugh but I can see that he's afraid.

"Roman, I'm fine," my voice doesn't come out as strong as I intended it to be, but at least it came out.

If Roman wouldn't have walked in, Carson would've slapped me by now so a little part of me is glad for the intrusion. Although, the common sense part of me tells me that since Roman walked in, Carson's only going to be angrier.

Carson was pretty mad at me and also was yelling pretty loudly. He was fine for the past two days; he came over a couple of times, granted he did yell at me a little but he wasn't as bad, and then he slept in the guest bedroom.

"You're benched for the next game," he says out of nowhere, and that brings a different kind of scare into my bones.

If he benches him, Carson is for sure going to be infuriated and end up drinking. He'll blame me because this is my fault and...no.

Please no.

I plead with my eyes at Roman, giving everything in me so I don't have to go through what's about to happen after Carson and I leave campus. Roman glances over at me, notices my plead, but turns his eyes right back around towards Carson; leaving a different kind of heartbreak to come over me.

I know he hates me, but he can't be so heartless to put me through this, right?

"Just because I called her somethings-," Carson tries to keep up his calm tone, but it's slowly crumbling as Roman interrupts me.

"I don't give a shit," he replies with no craps given on his face as he looks over at the both of us.

I push my tears back for what's about to happen and my heart feels like it's thumping out of my chest. My whole body is shaking with fear, and I know that I have to suck it up and just deal with it like my mom did with my dad.

Roman's about to turn his body around, but a smirk appears on his lips so he turns his body back towards Carson with amusement.

"Or...you could admit to the shit you did," he offers.

What's he talking about?

"What are you talking about?" Carson asks the question I'm thinking with his arms folded.

"You know, that shit you pulled in English by putting her picture on the screen," Roman shrugs confidently by this assumption, making my eyes widen.

What! Carson wouldn't do that. He would never hang me out to dry and make me go through all that embarrassment and tears. He said he loves me.

"Carson didn't do that," I'm the first to defend him.

Roman looks over at me and then back at him with the same amount of amusement in his eyes.

"I didn't do that." Carson shakes his head, agreeing with me.

"Right." Roman folds his arms in a knowingly way. "...but you forgot that Rider is a dumbass and got himself into a lot of dumb shit which made the professor put up cameras in the back of the room to make sure he wouldn't do it again," Roman states. "Those cameras also showed the front of the classroom," he adds, and I see Carson get even more defensive, but also more afraid.

Why is Roman blaming him for this? He plays football with him, he knows Carson wouldn't do something like this. Why does Carson look so afraid? Roman is a scary-looking man so I kind of get it.

"I would never do that to Alaiya," Carson promises back.

"Really, show us your camera roll," Roman motions as if it's no big deal and just a casual question.

I look over at Carson to see him pull out his phone to prove Roman wrong, but he's not moving. He's just standing there and not proving to Roman that he wouldn't do something like this to me. Something that could've and can still ruin me. Something I wouldn't even expect Roman, who hates me, to do.

"I'm not showing you my camera roll," Carson shrugs.

Roman chuckles in an angrily-sarcastic way. His body is tensed up and his nostrils are flaring with resentment towards him as he looks up from the ground with a bitter smile. His arms are still folded and his shoulders are held up a little higher due to the tensity he's carrying.

Before I can even think about what's about to happen, Roman's fist has already connected with Carson's jaw harshly, making my mouth open in shock and my tongue get caught up in my throat.

Holy...

I step back because although I don't want to see Carson get beaten up, Roman's much bigger than me and also looks pretty fired and heated up at the moment.

The first punch goes perfectly across Carson's jaw, and the other one does the same thing, only the other way. Although, the second time, Carson falls right onto the floor in pain as my mouth stays open and my heart pace increases by a hundred miles.

I think my soul just left my body.

Was that his bone?

"Get your ass in my car," Roman demands as he just leaves him on the floor like he didn't just almost knock him out.

"He didn't say he did it!" I point towards him with my voice risen.

Roman rolls his eyes at me like I'm the one in the wrong here.

I know Carson would never do something that vile and atrocious. Roman doesn't know what he's talking about. He can't just punch someone without having actual proof of them doing what he's accusing them of doing.

"My bad, next time I'll bring a lie detector test just to be fucking sure," he apologizes sarcastically.

He sure has a lot of sarcasm for someone who just almost knocked someone out. Like literally knocked them to the ground.

"Now, get your ass in the car," he repeats his demand at me.

"No, I'm not leaving him." I fold my arms.

He sighs at the ground, but I just walk right around him and ignore his command. I see Carson completely knocked out on the floor, but thankfully, still breathing. There's a little blood on the side of his jaw and I really hope it's not broken.

Roman didn't have to punch him that hard.

As I'm walking closer to see if he's still alive from Thor's punch, I'm all of a sudden lifted off my feet and swung onto a shoulder.

"You're so fucking annoying," he says while carrying me.

What the actual heck!

"Roman, put me down," I kick, but his hands are around my legs securely and tightly.

"I hate you more and more every fucking day." He ignores my kicking and continues to walk towards the doors and away from Carson who's just flat out on the floor.

I feel the cool windy air hit my face meaning we're outside campus, but I'm a little busy trying to get out of his hold so I don't have time to admire the dark and windy weather.

He's literally kidnapping me. Literally. He punched my boyfriend, picked me up, and is ignoring my commands to put me down. So he kidnapped me.

I try squeezing more out of his hold to go back and help Carson, but instead of him just letting me go, I feel him reach inside his pocket and the sound of keys and a car being unlocked be heard.

So now he's abducting me. Great.

I'm sat in the front seat of his car I'm guessing, and his big ole body stands in front of my face so I can't push away and step out. He closes the door so quickly that I barely even see it through a blink of an eye.

What is he, the flash?

A lock sound is heard and when I turn my head to the handle to open this car, I see the lock facing on the inside meaning he just shut me in here.

Jerk!

I don't try and open the door because I know he can just close it right back up again if he's standing right in front of me, so instead, I send a deathly glare at him as he walks around to the driver's side like this is no big deal for him. Once I see he's near the trunk by turning my head around to watch him, I hit the unlock button on the passenger side. As soon as my hand is on the handle as fast as it can move, the same lock sound is heard travel again.

I press the unlock button again and he just does the same thing with his keys from outside the car.

This mother-freaking douchebag!

He gets into the car and I try to open it again since he's busy, but as he's sitting, he clicks the lock button on the driver's side handle where the window button is and locks the door right back up again. He then keeps his finger on there causally as he fully takes a seat, and I'm just wondering what superhero at this point he isn't.

He's got the flash down, he's got Thor, Hulk, Thanos...is Thanos even a superhero? All I know is that Roman is definitely built like him.

"Can I at least go make sure he's alright?" I plead.

"You mean the dick who I heard call you a slut and a whore who also put that picture of you in front of everyone?" Roman concludes his summary about him as he questions.

"You called me the same things," I raise my voice back at him with outrage, and he's a little taken back.

"I've never called you any of those things," he argues back with me.

Liar.

"You and the guys called me a bunch of names and told Carson to stay away from me because of that picture," I retort.

It's not that big of a surprise that Roman would say those things about me. It is about the others, but not really him.

"You know what, you're right," he agrees with me. "I called you a whore and a slut only to then punch the guy who called you the exact same thing because I thought he was taking my fucking thunder," his annoying sarcasm continues and I just want to...ugh!

He's so freaking annoying!

I press the unlock button again and he easily presses his on his side before starting the engine.

Abducting seems pretty natural to him. He must do it a lot by the way he's so quick to keep me trapped in here!

"Okay, I'll stop this shit if you tell me one thing," he makes a deal with me. "If you can tell me that Carson has never yelled at you to the point where you cried or even touched you without your permission, I'll unlock this car."

Easy.

"Carson has never laid a hand on me or made me cry after yelling at me," I lie and repeat after him.

Roman nods and pulls the gearshift into drive. My eyes widen because the car is now moving and I really can't escape now unless I want pavement burns.

"I answered!" I yell at him.

"I just fucking walked in and saw you cry," he points out, and I remember that he was there during that part.

Crap!

"You lied."

He pulls out of the school parking lot and I contemplate still trying to jump out. I mean I could, but then I don't think Carson would be the one I'd have to be worried about being alive.

He passes by the green light signal that is right outside the school and turns straight onto a highway.

I swear this has to be illegal.

"I'll jump out," I threaten, even though I most definitely will not.

He switches his right hand for his left one off the steering wheel and unlocks the car as we're driving at fifty miles per hour. My mouth opens instantly at how rude he is and what he's referring for me to do, and more anger only builds inside of me.

Oh, so when I need to leave he won't open it, but when I may die, he's all for it. This is the same 'me telling him to say 'I hate you' and him not saying it until I don't need him to' situation all over again.

"I should've kicked you harder," I mumble loud enough for him to hear.

He steps on the brake not too harshly, but harsh enough for me to slide forward and hold my hand out to stop myself from getting a face full of glass. The highway is pretty empty, so he easily gets back to his regular speed and smirks as he looks at the road in victory for almost killing me.

This mother-freaking jerk just kidnapped me, almost killed me, and smirked. On top of that, he punched Carson and left him knocked out. Tell me why I thought he was attractive?

"You should buckle," he suggests with a small side look and I want to strangle him right there. But I also don't want to die, so I take his advice and put the gosh-darn seatbelt on.

He looks over at me smirking and I keep my arms folded and look back at him frustratedly.

"Why aren't we going to my house?" I look out front and see him miss my exit after a couple of minutes of driving.

"You think I'm letting you go home and run your ass right back to him?" he continues to drive and keep his eyes on the road as he speaks.

"Carson treats me just fine and I don't need you to get involved in my personal life," I spit.

He nods in a fake way as he pretends to follow along. "Because calling your girlfriend a whore and a slut is at the top rank of what a perfect boyfriend is," he replies.

If he says one more sarcastic remark, I'm going to hurt him. I don't even care that he's ten sizes bigger than me, I will still hurt him.

Thunder strikes not too loudly, but still audibly during the dark and cloudy weather we're having, so I take back the idea of walking back to campus. I sit back against the seat and wait for us to get to the place where he's gonna kill me...I mean take me.

"I hate you," I state, and he presses the brake as he did before, making the buckle completely becomes loose and me slide forward again.

I put my hand out rapidly as my heart pace increases, though I'm thankful it wasn't too harsh.

"That seatbelt is broken," he informs me as if he forgot and after I saw my life flash before my eyes.

I'm gonna kill him.

~~~~

The rain has only gotten worse as it's making shattering noises on Roman's front window so harshly that I think it may actually make a crack.

My hand has been resting on my forehead while I think about all the things I want to yell at Roman for. There's a lot.

All of a sudden, another loud struck of lightning hits the road right in front of us and makes me jump a little because of the loudness and shock factor. Roman now easily hits the brakes, barely even making us move as the cars in front of us come to a halt as well.

Ya know, because when he wants me to die, he slams the brake, but when a freaking bolt strikes, he goes easy on it and stays all relaxed.

Reason number forty-seven for what I want to yell at him for.

When we both look forward, we see that the bolt struck the road so hard that the pavement is now cracked. Now, this wouldn't be as big of a deal if the road was empty, but because office hours have recently ended, many cars were on the road when it struck. As we look more further, we see one car that has been drifted off the road, and then a couple more that were rammed into each other because of the first car. They all look alright thankfully, but that doesn't mean their cars aren't totaled. We were pretty behind thank goodness, though we can still see the huge fiasco going on up there. If we stay here any longer, we'll probably be stuck in this area until tomorrow morning by the looks of it.

"Shit," Roman curses tiredly and tries to get out of the humongous traffic jam forming in front of our eyes.

"This is all your fault," I state.

"Yes Alaiya," he agrees, and I already know he's about to say something sarcastic. "While I was driving with your annoying ass, me, the weather lord," he points to himself with a fake smile before putting his hand back on the steering wheel casually. "decided that I actually want to spend more time with your said annoying ass, so why not add some fucking lightning like Zeus."

I hate him.

I glare over at him in irritation, and he's so lucky that he's driving or else I would've strangled him by now. He rolls his eyes back at me as if I'm the one being obscure, and I fight the urge to slap him at this very moment.

"If you say one more sarcastic remark-," I threaten, but he holds his finger out for me while he answers his phone that just began ringing.

Did he just...oh I'm gonna murder him.

"You don't get to tell me-," my anger grows more, but he hushes me again as he focuses on the phone call.

I think I may have thought of more ways on how to murder Roman than probably an actual murderer may have thought of. I mean, he abducts me, gets us stuck in traffic, and then tells me to shh when I'm trying to speak.

The freaking nerve!

I wait for him to finish his stupid call while sitting back in my seat with my arms folded. He doesn't say anything into the phone, but the minute the car in front of us turns into the right lane, he throws his phone back into the small compartment and turns his blinker on to turn right.

"You didn't even speak into the phone." I point to the phone frustratedly.

"It was a scam, I just didn't want to hear your screeching-ass of a voice so I didn't hang up," he shrugs.

I'm going to bang his head against that window. Should I? I feel very obligated to.

I send a deathly glare at him and grit my teeth in aggravation. He knows every spot to hit to make me annoyed in under two seconds. It's like he doesn't even try, and his stupid good-looking face doesn't help whatsoever.

I sit back in my seat and watch him turn the car to the next lane, making his way to the exit. The road over here is blocked as well, and now we're officially trapped. He curses again underneath his breath and looks through my window, trying to see if there's another way out. The only thing that's seen is a gas station and a back-way entrance to somewhere, but I can't see where. He gives a signal to the right and the cars give him way to enter the gas station. The road that leads out of the gas station is also blocked, so basically, there are honking cars everywhere with sharp, pouring rain that can be clearly heard from inside the car.

Roman does an almost three-sixty pretty quickly, so he holds his hand out in front of my waist and holds my seat as a seatbelt for me since mine is broken so that I don't bang my head somewhere. Out of instinct, because of how deep the turn is, I put my hand over his arm just to make sure I don't fall or something and grip it a little tightly.

A weird feeling comes into my stomach as his arm rests in front of my waist, and I feel a small tint of heat beginning to run its course throughout my body. The minute the turn stops, both our hands are removed at the speed of light and we both look elsewhere instantly.

"Where are we going?" I try and change the subject while looking out the pouring rain, shocked that he can even see through all this.

"Fucking Disney world," he states as he slightly hits the steering wheel handlebar.

"That was a serious question!" I gradually raise my voice at him.

"Where the fuck do you think we're going, hmm? Obviously that bigass hotel," he points, and I snap my head around, squinting my eyes to see what he's talking about.

Ohh.

I mean, it is pretty big. How did I not see it? Wait, he expects me to stay at a hotel with him? Absolutely not.

♥ ★ ❦ ✱ ♥

A/N: Roman's sarcastic comments always bring out the best part about writing him.

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Word Count: 4134

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 585 43
***FEATURED BY @storiesundiscovered (01/11/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @dangerouslove (05/08/2022)*** ***FEATURED BY @NA (13/07/2022)*** Small town Frenc...
464K 12K 48
Socially awkward software engineer Allie isn't looking for romance when she moves to New York City to escape her insufferable ex and start over. But...
397K 10.3K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
19.1K 776 36
-------Winter 2017------ Cover by Ellipticall*** Evelyn Williams just wants to be a lawyer. She doesn't know what "kind" yet - but she will be a la...