Partners In Crime: An Among U...

By LunaOfChaos

"Why didn't you kill me?" "A couple reasons. The main one is that you weren't having a typical emotional rea... More

Chapter 1: Uh... Hi.
Chapter 2: Why Am I Suddenly The Psychopath?
Chapter 3: Defending The Liar
Chapter 4: I Didn't Come Here To Be Psychoanalyzed.
Chapter 5: Should I Take That As A Compliment?
Chapter 6: I Dare You.
Chapter 7: We Need To Talk.
Chapter 8: Fear? Psychopaths Don't Know Fear.
Chapter 9: Begone.
Chapter 10: Expendable
Chapter 11: Framing The Innocent
Chapter 12: Order To Kill
Author's Notes - Part I
Deleted Scene: Part I Alternate Ending
Part II - Synopsis
Chapter 13: Why Am I Here?
Chapter 14: Home Sweet Home.
Chapter 15: That Was An Absolute DISASTER.
Chapter 16: He Knows.
Chapter 17: Trust No One
Chapter 18: Just Another Crewmate
Chapter 19: United We Stand, Divided We Fall
Chapter 20: Like A Lamb To The Slaughter
Chapter 21: Your Worst Nightmare
Chapter 22: I Won't Give Up
Chapter 23: You Fool.
Chapter 24: Ensuing Chaos
Chapter 25: Broken Glass
Chapter 26: Allies and Secret Agents
Chapter 27: What's The Plan?
Chapter 28: Oh, God, No.
Chapter 29: Whose Fault Would That Be?
Chapter 30: Worth It? Probably Not.
Chapter 31: Please Don't Give Me An Existential Crisis.
Chapter 32: Hurry Up. Please.
Chapter 33: Just Don't Look.
Chapter 34: Wrong Place At The Wrong Time
Chapter 35: Maybe They Already Succeeded.
Chapter 36: Prove It.
Chapter 37: It Can't End Like This.
Chapter 38: No Remorse
Chapter 39: Pick Up The Pieces
Chapter 40: Do I NEED A Reason To Want To Watch The World Burn?
Chapter 41: Tell Me The Truth.
Chapter 42: Anything You'd Like To Confess?
Chapter 43: Trapped
Chapter 44: That's A Lie.
Chapter 45: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 46: Black and White
Author's Notes - Part II
Part III - Synopsis
Chapter 48: Wow. Rude.
Chapter 49: Not Again.
Chapter 50: Screaming
A/N: Just Want To Say Something
Chapter 51: To The Ship!
Chapter 52: Who, Me?
Chapter 53: You Wouldn't Dare.
Chapter 54: Nobody Asked You.
A/N
Chapter 55: Web of Lies

Chapter 47: Ice-Cold

126 7 130
By LunaOfChaos

~~~~~

"That's just the weight of the world. We do what we must to get by! That's just the weight of the world. The weak and weary will never survive! That's just the weight of the world.

"We do what we must to stay alive."

- "Weight of the World," by Shayfer James

~~~~~

Green

"So, Green - where the F**K is Blue??"

"Well, um... about that."

If Red had a weapon of any sort, Green would be dead.

"What? WHAT do you have to say?"

F**k. F**k. F**k.

"Uhhhh-" Green trailed off, panicking.

"EXPLAIN YOURSELF."

"WellyouSEEthere'sthishugef**kingimposterorganizationcalledSSOUIandtheykindasortathrewmeoutcauseBlueandIf**kedupandBluegotturnedintosomemonstershiftercreaturethingandIranawaycauseIdidn'twannadieandIthinkBluewhoismyonlyfriendmightbedeadsoHOWABOUTTHAT-"

"Red, stop making him panic," Pink interjected. "He's clearly intimidated, so we just need to extract the information."

"You're right," Red muttered emotionlessly. "We need something more effective."

"Wait, hold on-"

"I'll explain everything, just please hear me out-" Green tried to tell them.

"Suuuure you will," Red said, rolling his eyes at Green.

Red grabbed Green's arm and yanked him to his feet, and Green was dragged behind Red as they left the bathroom.

Green's panicked gaze fell on everyone else in the bathroom, and they were all staring at either him or Red - they didn't know what was going on either.

How reassuring, he thought sarcastically.

Out of all the ways I thought I could eventually get confronted by someone, being cornered in a bathroom was not one of them.

... not my most dignified moment.

Oh, Blue, why'd you have to leave me behind?

Are you even alive??

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME.

WHY WASN'T IT ME-

Red stopped abruptly, and Green's heart pounded in the silence.

"Pink, can you get a container and fill it with ice water?"

Ice water?

Are they trying to do a makeshift version of torture, or what?

Have they gone mad?

Pink started to fill up a bucket with cold water, and Black started gathering ice.

All of this could be avoided if they just f**king heard me out and listened to me.

They've definitely gone mad.

Ice water? Seriously?

~~~

Exactly three minutes later, poor Green was shivering and spluttering in one of the showers provided at the space center.

He was handcuffed to a bar inside the shower, confining him to a wet, cold chamber where he was certain he'd catch hypothermia and die - like an undignified wimp.

Since Green was not in his spacesuit, he, unfortunately, did not have the benefit of insulated clothing.

This definitely took the cake for Green's most undignified moment.

Being interrogated in a bathroom with ice-cold water? This was not how he wanted to go down.

Teeth chattering, Green looked up at Red, who held the all-powerful bucket of ice water.

"I- I- I t- told y- you," Green finally spoke, "Bl- Blue is my- f- f- f**k this s**t. SHE'S MY F- FFFFRIEND."

"Oh yeah, that's definitely believable. Next you'll tell me that you escaped SSOUI because someone there wanted to kill you or something."

"... well... how do I put this."

"Red!" Pink barked from outside the shower. "You're not doing it right."

"Interrogations aren't that difficult, Pink."

"Wrong. Get out of the shower and go give Wren some dad-son time or something."

Red sighed deeply, set the bucket down, and left the shower. "Fine, brainiac."

"That's MISS Brainiac to you," Pink scoffed as she entered the shower.

Pink stared down at Green for a long moment, and in that moment, Green lost focus.

"Has anyone ever told you that your nose looks nice?" he commented.

She rolled her eyes. "You haven't changed a bit, have you?"

At that moment, Green decided to commit.

If he was going down undignified, he might as well f**k around. After all, you die how you live.

Blue would be proud. Actually, no, she wouldn't.

But he wanted to imagine her on the sidelines, giving Green her exasperated, sensible commentary.

"Neither have you. You still look like... how do I put this in a nice way... a b**ch."

"I don't think you're in a position to make snide comments. Need I remind you that you are in a shower?"

"What can I say? I'm obviously gonna die here, so I might as well f**k around."

"I mean, if it was up to me, you'd definitely be dead right now."

"You know what? Do it, I dare yo-"

A freezing-cold waterfall came down on Green's head, drenching him again and making him instinctively coil in on himself to try and get warm.

The cold felt like knives digging into his skin, trying to freeze him from the outside in.

"No," Pink said. "It's more satisfying to see you suffer. Anyway - where the h**l is Blue?"

Green's thoughts were all over the place, but a few things were clear:

F**k it, I might as well try.

F**king around will get me nowhere, especially with Pink being the logical b**ch she is.

Do it for Blue.

"C- c- currently, I- I have n- no idea," Green whispered, teeth chattering with cold. "S- she might be- be dead, but I- I have no c- clue..."

"She wouldn't be dead. After all that trouble to bring her back with you, you wouldn't just kill her and be done with it. You're not a sadist either, from what I can tell, so you didn't torture her to death."

Green felt sick, his stomach suddenly feeling queasy. Did they believe that he was capable of doing that?

Did they believe that he would hurt Blue?

After all they've been through together, he would never lay a hand on his dearest friend.

But, of course, they don't know that.

Because Blue's not HERE WITH ME. F**KING H**L.

What the f**k, Maelstrom??

Green was glad that the man had disowned him years ago, because Green ever considering him his father would have further affiliated him with the most sadistic person he knew.

Whirlpool came in a very close second.

"Pink," Green said, "I... I honestly don't know if Blue is alive or dead. Believe me, I want to know that as wel-"

"Just tell me where she is," Pink interrupted.

"Well, long story short, I brought her back to SSOUI earlier today, and the leader of SSOUI injected her with a symbiote of some sort that completely transformed her into some creature. I don't know where Blue is, because that monster is not Blue. I would have stayed to find out if the monster had not come after me."

Pink sighed. "You're an amazing liar, Green. Seriously, where is she?"

Green gave Pink a confused look.

Pink rolled her eyes. "Do I have to break this down for you? Are you two?"

She groaned in exasperation when he didn't reply, so she continued: "You are literally a pathological liar. You fooled everyone. You killed who KNOWS how many people. Every social cue says that you're truthful, but my instincts say otherwise, because you're a notorious liar, and you're not making any sense. Seriously? A symbiote? Those aren't even real. I would have thought that such an excellent liar would come up with a better story - like that you helped her get away from SSOUI, or that you accidentally killed her or something. You'll have to try a lot harder to get me to believe any story as absurd as a symbiote. You're just not trustworthy, Lexacon. If it doesn't make sense, no one will believe it - simple as that."

She leaned down close to mutter in a very low voice, "and the day I trust any more of your lies will be the day I turn in my detective's ID."

Detective??

Pink turned to leave, reaching to close the shower curtain, but before she did, she said one last thing:

"If you don't tell me the truth soon, and all of it, I can't guarantee that you won't end up dead."

With that, she closed the curtain and left, her footsteps echoing through the bathroom.

Green hung his head in hopelessness.

No one is going to believe such a story until it's too late.

I'm... I'm sorry, Blue.

I don't know where you are, or even if you're alive, but I'm sorry.

I can't help you.

~~~~~

Blue

Blue knew something was happening with her body.

She kept hearing faint, strange noises that she'd never heard before. It came from the back of her consciousness, signaling that something was happening in reality.

"What the h**l is Scourge doing with my body?" she whispered.

Sitting up, Blue looked into the water that her brain had somehow conjured. Before, she was sitting by a pond, but now, she was on an island, surrounded by what looked like black water.

The island wasn't made of anything, it just felt like an empty void.

Her surroundings kept changing whenever she really took them in.

Even now, the water looked like it was slowly draining away.

She lay back down, bored out of her mind. Nothing was happening, and there was nothing to do.

Scourge was using her body, and there was nothing she could do about it. All she could really do was listen to what was going on with Scourge, but even then, the connection was faint.

As for her feelings, all she felt was a deep ache.

Both her and Green had expected Maelstrom to kill Green, not Blue.

Well, she never expected to be stuck in her own head, to be fair.

After listening to the fight between Green and Scourge, Blue knew that Green was safe for the time being.

But where had he gone?

To the others? Red, Black, Pink, Purple, Talon, and Wren?

"Are the others even alive...?" she sighed.

And if he found the others, how was he even faring? She doubted that they would ever trust him - they would never believe him in a million years.

So, if she was correct about that... no one was coming for her.

She looked around at the now empty void, wondering if this was her life now.

And that was when she heard something.

"Blue?" a whisper echoed through the empty space.

Blue sat up, not knowing if she should reply.

"Blue, I know you're here," the voice repeated.

The voice sounded familiar. Not too familiar, but still recognizable.

"... Purple?" Blue replied.

"Oh, good, this works," Purple sighed in relief. Blue squinted at a certain spot when it flickered, showing a faint, floating Purple.

"What the h**l?" Blue muttered.

Purple looked a bit awkward. "Uh. Yeah, spirits exist. Surprise...?"

"Why... why is your neck stuck like that?" Blue asked, gesturing to Purple's neck, which was stuck in a very unnatural position.

"Well... long story short, my neck was broken, and I died, so I'm stuck like this," Purple shrugged.

Blue's eyes widened. "Does that mean-"

"No, you're not dead. Yet, at least. I think I have enough spirit energy to stay for a while, but this is my first time experimenting while I'm dead, so I don't know for sure."

"First of all, what the f**k. Second, why are you even here?"

"Because I want to help. I... I have a theory about how to get your body back."

~~~~~

Disclaimer: cannibalism (technically).

Scourge

She flicked her black tongue back and forth, savoring the coppery taste of blood.

Picking up a severed arm, she dug her piercing teeth into the flesh, evoking a ripping sound as she tore away a bite.

She had learned that the strange, insane person who ordered everyone around was named Maelstrom.

Other than that, all she knew was that the guy who was supposed to be her first kill was gone.

Ripping away another bite, she narrowed her eyes at Maelstrom as he approached.

"What do you want? I'm eating," she hissed.

Maelstrom couldn't stop being fascinated by her abilities, and she figured that he was the one who made all this happen.

He kept picking up her claws and staring at them, as if he wanted to rip them off and put them on his own hands.

"I want to show you something," he said excitedly.

"Is it a plate of fingers?" she muttered, rolling her eyes. "If not, leave me alone."

"No, but I still think you'll like it. Come!"

Scourge groaned, and then sliced apart a snack from the body to munch on the way.

He led her into his office, where a small stack of papers sat on his desk.

"I found where our new HQ will be," he said, sitting down on his chair.

Scourge refused to sit down, instead munching on a hand from a short distance away. "And where is that?"

"On an airship!"

"A what?"

"An airship! You know, so we can take our upcoming army into the world."

Scourge blinked at the airship sketches on the desk, showcasing the layout of their new HQ.

To her, it looked boring. Like a prison, only designed to confine her into one space.

"And do you know what the best part is?" Maelstrom leaned forward, a glint in his eye.

Scourge tilted her head at him, wondering if the "best part" would actually be interesting.

"You get to be Commander as well."

Scourge perked up a bit at this, silently asking Maelstrom to elaborate.

"Together, we'll command our new army, and we'll have everything we've ever wanted."

Huh.

That IS interesting.

~~~~~

A/N: HI. I'M BACK.

A few things:

First of all, have you guys seen the Airship map??

I've been watching 5up and Disguised Toast play it, and I've also been doing free play to learn about the new tasks.

I'm putting the new map into this story, and I'm also considering making it a part of my possible other Among Us fanfiction, depending on the plot and all.

If you find or figure out any interesting Airship strategies, please tell me, because if I do put my possible other fanfiction in the Airship, I'll be looking for ideas!

Second, I got bored while recovering from being sick and decided to f**k around with Google Translate.

Here is the hilarious product of that f**kery.

ORIGINAL TEXT:

NEW TEXT:

At that point, Green wanted to attend.

Unless you have money. Ultimately, life and death diminish in flight.

Ian will be proud. Of course not.

Green noise is the correct expression.

"You also. Love the dog for you."

"I cannot think of a more specific or specific comment. Do you have that in mind for you?"

"What can you say? I am sure I smile at that."

ORIGINAL TEXT:

(This dialogue was edited after I put it into Google Translate, by the way-)

NEW TEXT:

"Valet. Valet. Everyone says you're right. But my stomach is different no matter where I am. That doesn't mean that symbiote can no longer cheat you." Help.

(Where did that shorten, and WHY does that vaguely make sense?)

ORIGINAL TEXT:

NEW TEXT:

I wish I could meet someone, but they just don't want to go with the others.

For me, this is not the most expensive time.

Hey blue why are you leaving me

Are you really alive

Depends on you

Why did not you come

WHY DOES THIS MAKE SENSE.

Third, I changed my username! That's because I realized the benefit of not sharing my actual name to the world, because that was part of my prior username. So I go by Luna now, because of privacy reasons. :)

I knew it had to be changed eventually (for context, I made that username when I was in freaking middle school), so I just decided to go ahead and get it done.

Why did I change it to LunaOfChaos? Because I'm involved with other online things where I go by Luna, so I just decided to make that constant. (And the chaos factor is because... why not?)

I don't really have a question for this chapter, so, uh... how are you guys doing? How's life?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 84 34
THIS BOOK IS CANCELLED, BUT I MIGHT FINISH IT SO NOT HOPES TO BE RAISED!!! Y/N was promoted to study a new, early discovered planet. Y/N sent up into...
2.9K 93 15
Pink is picked to go to space with a bunch of other people who will be their crewmates. There They meet Black,a quiet and quite clever person. As the...
447K 16.1K 45
"He's not imposter. He's with me the whole time." As Lily invites another person in the game which everyone gets excited to hear about (y/n) which ma...