The Academy

By orendawrites

BOOK ONE || the city lights series Adina Ricci is the daughter of two of the most famous people on the planet... More

❀
Introductions
Aesthetics & Other Info
Prologue
Chapter One || see you later
Chapter Two || green eyes
Chapter Three || roommates
Chapter Four || unpacking
Chapter Five || can't breathe
Chapter Six || adina fucking ricci
Chapter Seven || fine line
Chapter Eight || looking
Chapter Nine || chaos
Chapter Ten || friends?
Chapter Eleven || what i expected
Chapter Twelve || smiley faces
Chapter Thirteen || movie night
Chapter Fourteen || nerves
Chapter Fifteen || kiss me
Chapter Sixteen || fuck it up
Chapter Seventeen || close
Chapter Eighteen || j and v
Chapter Nineteen || reunited
Chapter Twenty || not going to give up
Chapter Twenty-One || falling
Chapter Twenty-One || bonus chapter
Chapter Twenty-Two || when you're ready
Chapter Twenty-Three || daddy issues
Chapter Twenty-Four || i'm here
Social Media || teagan & caspian's birthday
Chapter Twenty-Five || picnic date
Chapter Twenty-Six || winners
Chapter Twenty-Seven || making plans
Chapter Twenty-Eight || getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine || chill out
Chapter Thirty-One || only a dream
Chapter Thirty-One || bonus chapter
Chapter Thirty-Two || ew
Chapter Thirty-Three || calm
Social Media || the drama
Chapter Thirty-Four || everything i said
Chapter Thirty-Five || never forgive me
Chapter Thirty-Six || gone
Chapter Thirty-Seven || memories
Chapter Thirty-Eight || freeze
Chapter Thirty-Nine || the auction part one
Chapter Forty || the auction part two
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter || six years later
Bonus Chapter || two years later
Bonus Chapter || ten years later

Chapter Thirty || everything

17.9K 504 256
By orendawrites

AFTER LAST NIGHT, I couldn't get to sleep. Not with her sleeping right next to me in nothing but my t-shirt, her legs spilling over the duvet, enticing me to wake her up for another round. But, I don't. She's tired and deserves the rest.

I still can't believe that this is my life now. Adina Ricci is my girlfriend.

My girlfriend and I just had sex for the first time. And I think... I think–maybe I–I love her?

No. I can't. We haven't even been together for that long, there is no way that I can fall in love with someone that fast. No fucking way.

But, I can't deny the pull I have toward her whenever she's around. A pull in my chest that makes me want to always be around her, always touch her, always protect her. Some guys might have sex with a girl and get it all out of their system, but last night just made me want her even more.

Her moans and whines pushed me to the brim and made me feel something that I'd never felt during sex. My heart clenched, rising in my throat at how beautiful she was when I'm driving into her, making her writhe in pleasure underneath me.

However, that high slowly started to dissipate when Adina fell asleep in my arms. How are we going to tell our parents?

I won't let Dad near her. He's cruel, while Adina is sweet and kind. Mom would approve, and I already know what Jules thinks. She absolutely loves Adina.

Other than Dad, I'm mostly worried about what her family will think of me. If I'm to assume she wants us to be as serious as I want us to be, I'm going to have to meet her father and brothers at some point, and I can't say I'm excited about that.

They hate Dad, not you. They hate you by association. Prove them wrong.

I look over to the digital alarm clock on the side table–

6:19 am

The sun is rising still, but I can already hear the birds chirping outside as I slowly pull away from Adina's sleeping body, covering her in the warm duvet, and kissing her forehead, before heading to the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is messed up, sticking all over the place from where Adina ran her hands through it, my eyes look dazed from my lack of sleep, and my eye bags come out more than usual.

I wash my face quickly before heading downstairs quietly and going to the kitchen to make Adina and me some breakfast.

When I woke up, there were two things I noticed. The first being that the other side of the bed was now cold and empty. And the second was that I felt all the lingering effects of what happened last night, my lower body shooting a sharp pain, every time I took a step forward.

But, it did put a smile on my face whenever I would remember how I got it.

I've never had sex like that before, I've never finished that many times in a row before. Not with anyone I've ever been with. So, it just makes him more special in my mind, mixed with the intense feelings I have towards him, I can't get enough.

After putting on a new pair of underwear underneath the t-shirt I put on last night, I make my way downstairs, where I can hear the sounds of clattering plates.

Walking into the open plan kitchen, I see a shirtless, boxer-clad, Vaughn, his back turned to me as he continues to cook something on the stove, not hearing me come up behind him.

I circle the island, wrapping my arms around his waist, and pecking his shoulder blade before leaning my cheek against it.

"Good morning," he chuckles.

His hair is messed up, causing a flash of memory to come through my mind of me moaning underneath him, gripping tightly onto his hair. His boxers don't leave much to the imagination, the trail of dark hair disappearing underneath the fabric hinting at what I know is already there. He's possibly– no. He is the hottest man I've ever seen.

"Morning," I mumble onto his bare skin as he begins to plate up whatever he's making.

"I made us breakfast," he tells me, turning around, and making me look down at the plates in his hands.

"You didn't have to do that," I roll my eyes, a hint of a smile playing on my lips, and he shrugs.

"I wanted to," he circles the island before setting the two plates full of scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon on the counter. He smiles, pulling out the stool for me to sit on, which I take immediately, shaking my head in amusement.

After getting the cutlery, he sits down and we just talk about random things, like the comments on Blaise's latest post.

He posted a picture on Instagram of him and Summer, which would be completely normal if it weren't for a comment made on the post.

Darius must have followed him on Instagram while he and Arden were visiting a few weeks ago. Otherwise, the heart emoji he put below Blaise's recent wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

"I feel like Darius would tell me though," I bit my lip, questioning whether Dare would really tell me something like this. I mean, I am his best friend.

"Well, if what we think is true, I'd say it's Blaise's decision to keep it quiet." Vaughn shares his opinion, "he's not too open about his feelings and shit, if they are together they'll tell us in their own time."

"Woah, now. We don't even know if they are together. He just commented a heart emoji," Vaughn raises an eyebrow at me, making me sigh in defeat. "Yeah, you're right, they are definitely up to something."

"I mean, Blaise has been acting strange lately– actually, not strange. Just... not him, I guess. He talks a lot more, he actually shows some sort of emotion now, so I'd say there is a good chance something, or someone, is to blame."

I nod in agreement, excited for my two friends and what their future will bring.

"How was lunch with your Dad?"

My eyes slightly widen as I look down at my half-eaten plate.

"That bad, huh?" Vaughn sounds amused, yet there is still a hint of worry in his voice as he sets down his knife and fork on his plate, already finished eating his meal.

"Well..." I twist my hands in my lap, looking up at his waiting face. He raises an eyebrow as if asking me to continue, so I do, clearing my throat. "He knows that you and Jules go to Caldwell now."

"Really?" I nod, "and what did he say exactly?"

"You know, what we expected," I shrug, "that I should stay away from you two. But, I just told him that I hadn't even seen you around."

He nods slowly, contemplating what I just said.

"Vaughn?"

"Hm?"

"We have to tell them soon." This makes his neck snap up to meet my gaze, and his eyes widened. "I don't like keeping secrets from my family, and you mean too much for me to keep up this act, having to always hide from the press and... basically everyone." I take his hand, intertwining our fingers together, "I don't want us to be a secret anymore."

It takes him a minute for him to reply, but when he does, he doesn't disappoint.

"I don't want to either."

He grips the back of my neck, bringing me into a passionate kiss, my hands on his chest, reaching out to balance myself.

Once we pull away, I rest my forehead on his as I murmur softly.

"I hope you know how much you mean to me, V."

After deciding to leave the 'announcement' till later, Vaughn and I cleared away our plates and cleaned the kitchen up before heading back upstairs to get changed into our bathing suits.

I hadn't really looked around when we got here last night, but apparently, Vaughn has a pool in the backyard, so we're going to use it to our advantage.

I look through the little bag that I brought with me for the weekend until I find one of the bikinis I packed. A tie-on, yellow bikini with little embroidered detailing.

"Ads, you ready to g–"

Vaughn cuts himself off as I turn to face him after putting my other clothes away, ready to be washed once we get back to the house on Monday.

I smirk, placing my hands behind my back while I tilt my head.

"You like?" I let out an amused laugh, but Vaughn just stays silent, still standing in front of the closet door, gawking at my half-naked body.

"Jesus, Adina. Are you trying to fucking kill me?" This makes me giggle as he shifts his swim trunks, obviously trying to be discreet in hiding his problem.

"Maybe," I bite my lip.

Vaughn walks over to me, his eyes zeroed in on my body as he grips my waist tightly, pushing me against his hips as he puts his lips on mine, roughly. Causing me to moan into his mouth, as I lift my hands to run them through his hair.

His hands knead my ass, making me jump back into reality, pulling away from the hot kiss.

"Come on, let's get the towels." I laugh as he starts to groan in frustration, but I know he's only joking.

Not long later, Vaughn dives into the deep end, coming up for air and pushing his back before swimming over to the side of the pool I'm sitting on. He stands in between my legs as I sit on the edge of the pool, waiting for him to get closer so he can carry me around.

He takes my hands and circles them around his neck, while I wrap my legs around his torso and slide into the water.

We talk and talk. Our relationship is still relatively new so we're trying to learn as much as we can about each other. But it's kinda hard to concentrate on what he's saying when his fingers are tracing patterns along my thigh.

Sometimes we don't even talk, I just tuck my head into the crook of his neck, while he murmurs sweet nothings into my ear, kissing my collarbone and neck lightly.

And by the time we decide to get out of the pool, I realize that we don't have to be doing anything for me to enjoy Vaughn's company. I just want to be with him. All day, every day.

He's... everything.

❀❀❀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.7K 50
Loving yourself is hard. Trying to find love in a family who objectified you? Seems like work. But try finding love in someone as a hopeless romantic...
471K 9.2K 51
Nathan Kingston has been forgotten by the world. A dad that fucked off when he was young and a mother gone days at a time with work he feels alone. E...
132K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
296K 7.6K 66
"The Only Difference Between The Good Guys And Bad Guys Is Perspective." . . Scarlett Eve Pierce likes to think she's an average student that only ha...