Roommates » [Luke Patterson]...

By _Liamssmile

What would you do if your best friend asked you to move in with him and his up and coming rock band? One mome... More

Welcomeeee
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapted 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Sequel

Chapter 55

2.8K 66 285
By _Liamssmile

Tanna Carson

"You guys have been absolutely incredible tonight! Isn't that right boys?" Luke announces into the microphone running his hand through his hair before looking over at Alex and Reggie.

"Oh yeah, definitely Luke!" Reggie says excitedly, agreeing with a huge smile across his face.

"I have to agree with that as well." As Alex's voice sounds throughout Madison square garden, which was jam packed, the crowd screams in response at the boys interaction.

I let my hands lower, the camera resting in between them as I watch the three boys in awe. Watching the three of them on stage seemed so incredibly natural to all of them, no matter how nervous they were before they went on tonight.

"So, we have one last song for you guys tonight." My eyes wander back to Luke who had crouched down, dropping his water bottle as his eyes meet mine.

No matter how much time I've spent with him, I still manage to get completely entranced by his gaze every single time.

The way his hair was pushed back with a piece of hair fallen in front of his forehead makes me bite down on my bottom lip.

I let my eyes drop down to his lips briefly before looking back up to meet his eyes again. My cheeks heat up as I notice the smirk resting across his face.

"Are you guys ready?!" Reggie shouts into the microphone, snapping Luke and I out of our little world as the crowd screams in excitement. "What about you Luke?"

I can't help but laugh at the playfulness in Reggie's voice as he had clearly noticed how Luke had zoned out.

"More than ready." Alex and Reggie chuckle as Luke winks at me with a smirk before standing up and turning back to the crowd. "We know you guys know this one, an all time favorite, so join in if you'd like!"

As the opening chords to criminal play through the arena, I lift the camera back up to my face, capturing photos throughout one of the boys biggest performances.

"So what's it mean when every dream I have is about you now?

I can't believe you get to me the way you do somehow

It's criminal"

Luke's voice sounds throughout the stadium, his eyes locked completely on me as he sings the opening to the song.

I try to keep my composure, watching him through the camera lens until he snaps his attention back to the crowd.

"Believe me, it's easy
to let this go deeper, the taste could be sweeter

Come on"

I notice the smirk etched into his face as he pressed his body directly against the mic stand, knowing exactly what he was doing to everyone watching him.

"You're too strong, and far gone
I'll keep my composure
Just tell me what this is really all about

I feel you tearing down
Castles in my head when we're in different beds"

The crowds energy only seems to build throughout the song with them singing and jumping along, mimicking the boys' actions as they continued on with the chorus.

"I'm sideways, can I say
You pull me to pieces
Just tell me your secrets
Come on

For what it's worth
I'm most concerned with
How you got me here in the first place"

I smile in awe as Alex sings into the microphone, his voice sending goosebumps along my body as he continues to focus on the drums.

Just when I thought the crowd couldn't get any louder, Alex twirls the drumstick around his fingers, making the crowd erupt louder in excitement.

It was hard to focus on one of them because every second they were each doing something completely different, but that's what really made them sunset curve.

Reggie runs over to Luke, sharing the mic with him as the two of them feed off each other's energy.

"What's it really all about
I feel you tearing down
Castles in my head when we're in different beds

So what's it mean when every dream I have is about you now?
I can't believe you get to me the way you somehow

It's criminal"

Instead of running back to his own mic, Luke steps back towards Alex, playing his guitar towards him as Reggie takes over the next verse.

"Believe me, it's easy
to let this go deeper, the taste could be sweeter
Come on

You're too strong, and far gone
I'll keep my composure
Just tell me"

Reggie runs back over to his spot, bouncing up and down while Luke's voice takes over once again

"What's it really all about
I feel you tearing down
Castles in my head when we're in different beds

When I'm a world away, somehow you come find me
Too close to stay on track, tossing and turning back"

I shake my head at the little habit, watching Luke hop continuously onto one foot from the other, wondering how after an entire concert he still had all this energy.

"So what's it mean when every dream I have is about you now?

I can't believe you get to me the way you somehow

It's criminal"

As soon as the boys sing the last lines of the song together, the crowd gets even louder, not wanting the concert to be over.

"Thank you everybody!" Luke shouts, slinging his guitar to the back of his body as the stage lights start to dim.

"We're Sunset Curve." Alex says, standing up behind his drum kit with his microphone in his hand as Reggie echoes his famous response before the stage lights go pitch black.

"Tell your friends."

>>>

"That was literally incredible!" Luke says, falling back onto the couch as I walk into their dressing room.

"It was insane man!" Reggie exclaims, jumping onto the couch opposite him, none of them noticing my presence yet.

"That was definitely the best we've ever played you guys." After Alex speaks, grabbing water bottles for the three of them, I walk further into the room before speaking.

"I've got to agree with all of you guys." The second Luke hears my voice, he sits up quickly, his eyes lighting up when they land on me.

I can't help the smile that grows on my face as I walk over to him, taking the empty seat next to him before he pulls me directly into his body.

"Lukkkee." I groan, feeling the heat radiate off of his body from the performance. "You're sweaty."

"You don't seem to mi-"

"Don't finish that Luke." He chuckles deeply, shaking his head before capturing my lips in his.

I melt into his touch, briefly forgetting the two other boys in the room until Reggie's speaks up.

"You know, you two even have chemistry across an entire room." I pull back from Luke, letting my head fall onto his shoulder as I look over at the other couch. "Even with twenty thousand other people in the room, you two literally manage to get caught up in each other."

"You're not wrong Reg." Alex pipes in as he takes a seat next to Reggie on the other couch.

Trying to hide the blush on my cheeks, I lean away from Luke before walking over to grab my computer.

"Tan, come back." I laugh, taking my seat back next to Luke as I open the computer, linking it up to my camera. "Do you want me to link up your phone?"

"Mmh, please love." At the last performance I was struggling to link everything up together, so naturally Luke wanted to learn what to do so he could help. I eventually got it, but with his help it makes the whole proves much easier.

"I want to quickly upload some of these to your social media's and websites before managers start popping in."

Alex and Reggie are still lying across the other couch, talking about what we were going to eat for supper while I fiddled with the camera settings, sighing in relief as it connects to the computer.

"Is the phone linked?" When my question was met with silence, I take my gaze off the computer screen to look at Luke.

He was staring down at the phone with his jaw taught making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Is something wrong?" I'm still met with complete silence, making me bite down on the inside of my cheeks, wondering if I should say something again.

"I don't know Tanna, is there?" I bite down against my cheeks harder, slightly taken aback by the tone in his voice.

I could see he was upset, or rather angry about something, but I was clueless as to why he just suddenly switched his attitude.

"Luke, what's going on?" Letting go of my cheeks, I press my nails into the palm of my hand, trying to find a way to distract my nerves as I speak to him.

"Why didn't you just end things with me?!" My eyes widen, the loudness of his voice definitely drawing Alex and Reggie's attention to the two of us.

"Why would I end things with you Luke?" I tried to take my gaze off him, wanting to see Alex's reaction to all of this and see if he knew what was going on, but I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of Luke.

He huffs, dropping my phone onto my lap before getting up off of the couch. I let my eyes follow him briefly, not wanting him to leave the room without knowing what was happening.

My eyes travel down to my phone, dragging the top of the screen down as my eyes land on the notification that Luke must have seen.

Jesse Smith
I know I said I wouldn't mention it, but I can't stop thinking about you and that kiss. Please can we meet up again?

"Luke just wait." I quickly stand up in realization, fumbling to put everything on the table in front of me before Luke leaves the room. "Please, just listen to me."

He stops at the door, freezing in place but doesn't turn around to face me.

"I've never given you a reason not to trust me Luke." I could feel the tears brim at my eyes just by the way he refused to look at me.

"Did you kiss him?"

"Yes but-"

"So then?" There were tears running down my face at this point and hearing the door click open only made them run down even faster.

"It happened while I was in London, we weren't together Luke. I wouldn't do that to you." I step forward, placing my hand on his shoulder, wanting him to look at me but dropping it as soon as I feel him tense up. "I can't do this anymore, please just look at me."

My heart clenches despite the hopeful feeling I get as he turns to face me. My eyes land on his tear stained cheeks and red eyes, all because of something that wasn't even true.

"I'm sorry Tan, I trust you com-"

"I love you Luke, can't you see that?" He freezes in place, not moving to say or do anything, making my mouth run dry.

I couldn't keep it in any more and the thought of losing him again scared me more than anything, even if he didn't feel the same I had to tell him.

"You don't need to say anything back if you don't feel the same, I just need you to know that I would never do anything to hurt y-"

I stop speaking at the sound of him laughing, feeling confused as he steps towards me, not letting his eyes stray from mine.

"Don't feel the same? You must be kidding." He takes another step forward so that our bodies are inches away from each other. He gently lifts my chin with his fingers, keeping my eyes connected with his. "I am truly, madly, deeply in love with you."

I let out a soft laugh in relief as I stare up at him, wanting to be closer but at the same time, not wanting to move as he gently wiped the tears away from my face.

"Can you two kiss already oh my god!" My soft laugh turned into a chain of laughter from both Luke and me as I turn around to see Alex smacking Reggie's arm gently.

"With pleasure." I turn my head back at Luke's words, smiling up at him before his lips meet mine, pulling me tight against his body.

"It's like you two could be in a movie, I swear." I burst out laughing against Luke's lips, pulling back before resting my head on his chest.

The sound of someone knocking at the slightly opened door takes everyone's attention immediately.

"Sunset Curve, Someone from Columbia Records would like to speak to you."

*Don't delete the book just yet*

An: Roommates has finally come to an end which is absolutely crazy to even think about.

The support you guys have given me is so amazing and you don't even understand how much I appreciate it. It's my favorite thing to read and respond to comments to see how you're liking the book!

I have two more chapters I'm linking onto this book , so don't archive this book just yet!

*Lastly, after much consideration, I'm leaning towards a sequel?! I have the ideas and everything, it's up to you if you want one or not... What do you guys think about that?*

Anyways, I can't wait to see you guys soon! In the meantime, check out my handwritten letters book if that's something you're interested in and keep your eyes open for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 4.1K 53
BREAKING NEWS!: Mackenzie Stanton, the only female member of sunset curve, missing after a traumatic night when three band members Luke, Alex, and...
111K 1.9K 48
Kayla never asked to join a band, but it was the best decision she ever made. Along with her best friend Alex and new friends Luke and Reggie, Kayla...
25.8K 506 30
It's been three months since Nova Garcia lost her parents and twin brother in a car crash and had to move in with her grandma. Not only two months pa...
17.6K 320 15
Ellery spent her whole life trying to please everyone around her, especially her father. When she and her sister finally decide to run out and start...