The Dark Heart(B.Barnes)

By maibooks980

~Includes some mature themes like sexual content, violence, death, and torture~ Alika Maximoff was a playful... More

A/N and Characters
1: We Will Work On Control
2: Holy Shit That's Captain America
3: But I Knew Him
4: How Did You Find Me Here?
5: Its A Hammer
6: Fucking Rufus
7: There's More Of You?
8: Dude, Your Eyes Are Blue
9: Hello Young One
10: Bleecker Street Magician
11: We Were Just Sparring
13: Maybe I Should Try Again
14: I Didn't Know
15: Let's Just Say Everything Works
16: Focus On One At A Time
17: You've Never Been To My House!
18: You Didn't See That Coming?
19: I'm Sorry, James
20: Where Is He?
21: Prep Her
22: Okay, Let's Play Missy
23: Good Morning, How's The Weather?
24: Will It Be A Threesome Today?
25: You're Not Allowed To Kill Anyone
26: If You Die, I'll Kill You
27: XOXO, Gossip Girl
28: He Can't Be Dead!
29: Wait, That's An Infinity Stone
30: I Might Know a Guy
31: I'm Sending You to Wakanda
32: Okay. How Much for the Arm?
33: Who Here Hasn't Been to Space?
34: I Don't Want To Spend My Life With Anyone Else
35: Can We Blow Stuff Up Again?
36:Uh... Time Heist
37:Somebody Peed My Pants
38: Shut The Front Door
39: These Tunics Are Surprisingly Comfortable
40: Everybody Comes Home
41: Activate Instant Kill
42: See You In Five Seconds
Epilogue 1: Have You Killed Sam Yet?
Epilogue 2: Oi Cyborg, Leave The Twins Alone
Playlist

12: What Do You Mean Groupie?

463 9 5
By maibooks980

{Song: S.L.U.T. by Bea Miller}

~Edited~

"So I heard that Tony got scarred for life when he walked in on you and Buck getting it on." Nat comments as if discussing the weather. I was sitting at the dining room table with Peter and we were trying to break into some program Tony had set up in his spider-man suit. Steve and Bucky were in the living room talking in low voices while the TV was turned onto some news station but by the quick glance they both sent over to us they clearly heard Nat. 

I refused to lift my head, my face getting hot as I blushed furiously. Peter froze and gulped nervously, "Um.. well I got.. um homework." He excuses himself before snatching his suit and basically running out of the room. I flick my eyes up to Nat's and send her as much of a death glare as I can conjure up, she just smirks and slides into the seat opposite me with her back to the living room. 

"How about we talk about you? What's going on between you and Spangles?" I hiss out, feeling my mouth slowly turn into a smirk to match Nats'. She heaves a large sigh before leaning her forearms on the table, "When we were on the run from HYDRA, you know after you tried to kill us the first time. We kissed to avoid being caught in a mall and honestly, it was a pretty good kiss. But I of course made fun of him for it, and well... I don't really know. He kept declining all the women I suggested which made me think maybe he wasn't interested in them because he was already interested in someone else." She explains in a low voice. 

"He clearly likes you, the way he acted yesterday. Being playful, Nat, come on you're not blind." I roll my eyes. She gives me a pointed look, "No shit sherlock. He actually asked me out last night." She retorts and this causes me to nearly squeal. Me being the smoothest person in the world covered it up by burying my face in my arm and turning the sound into a cough. 

"I've never dated someone who was one hundred years old before. Hopefully everything works." She comments with a thoughtful expression, causing me to choke out a laugh that I had to cover with my arm again to try and muffle it. "Oh god, good point." I mutter after getting control of myself. 

Then both of us shared a look as we both remembered who was on the other side of the room. Their conversation had gone quiet and while the news was still playing at a low volume the room was weirdly silent. Nat turns her head to look behind her as I move to the side to see Steve and Bucky sitting on the couch, staring at us. By the expressions worn by both the men in the living room, they heard the entire conversation. 

"Hey guys... whoa what did I miss?" Wanda stops short when she enters the room and takes in the scene before her. She looks towards me for an explanation but this just causes Nat and I to burst out into giggles as Steve and Bucky both look away awkwardly. "Anyway... I thought I should tell you guys that we have a visitor." She continues. 

"Who?" Steve asks after a short pause. 

"Lang." Wanda says the name and Nat immediately snorts another laugh, "Better go hide Cap, your groupie is here." She comments and not even two seconds later more voices are heard heading towards us. 

"What do you mean groupie?" I ask Nat quietly but she just motions for me to wait and see. I shrug and turn towards the entrance as Wanda joins us at the table. The first one to walk in was Tony followed by Peter and Banner, then Barton trudges in quickly followed by a man I haven't seen before who was talking rapidly and excitedly about something. 

"Alright Stuart Little, you still haven't told us why you're here. At my compound." Tony cuts off the man who I assume is Lang. This just causes the man to look away from Barton and scan the room and the others in it. 

"Mister America- er, Mister Captain... sir. Awesome to see you again and your scary friend... hi." The man smiles excitedly at Steve and then turns timid and gives Bucky a small wave before he looks over at the table and greets Nat and Wanda before looking at me curiously. 

"Oh. Scott, this is my sister Alika. Ali, this is Scott Lang." Wanda introduces us and Scott's eyes light up immediately. "Whoa, so you have powers too? Like your sister? That's so cool. Can you move objects or read minds like her or-" I cut him off by flicking my hand up at him and he freezes in place as blue mist swirls around him. 

"Ali." Steve says in a tone that sounds like a parent reprimanding their child half-heartedly. I give him an annoyed look and can see Bucky give me a proud look before her flexes his fists and glares daggers at the frozen form of Scott. "Just answer him, it will make everything go faster." Steve tells me and I roll my eyes before releasing my hold and Scott continues as if nothing changed. 

"Can you move like... whoa your eyes are glowing!" He cuts himself off as my glowing eyes slowly fade back to their normal color. I stand from my chair and slowly walk around the table until I was standing right in front of him. Giving him a sweet smile I place my hand on his arm before morphing into a woman who was in the back of his mind. 

"Whoa, Hope..." Scott's eyes were wide in awe as I turned back into myself. "I have some similar abilities as my sister but I am also very different." I tell him with a small smirk. He breaths out a laugh and it looked like he was going to say something else but his eyes looked over my shoulder and he quickly gulped hard and then nodded and took a step away. 

"So cool." He mutters more to himself. I look over my shoulder to see Bucky standing a few steps behind me, his blue eyes give me an innocent look but I could tell that was not the look he gave Scott. 

"Oh yeah, so I came here because I was hoping you could help me with my suit. The buttons are broken or something." Scott finally gets down to the reason why he was here but instead of offering his help Tony raises an eyebrow. He swings the backpack he had strapped to his back around and zips it open to pull out a red and black suit. 

"Where's the old guy?" Tony asks without even looking at the suit. 

"Who Steve? He's right here." Sam interjects as he walks into the room and claps Steve on the shoulder before narrowing his eyes at Bucky and staying on Steve's opposite side. Steve gives him an annoyed look, "I'm not that old." He grumbles while crossing his arms in front of his chest. 

"No," Tony rolls his eyes at the two men, "I mean the other old dude. The one who made the suit dumbass.". 

"Oh! Pym is... busy... and not really acknowledging my existence at the moment." Scott mumbles while not meeting anyone's eyes. Stark looks up at the ceiling and mouths a count of ten before taking a large breath and looking back at Scott, "Alright, lets go to the lab and see what we can do. Ali do you want to join?" Tony asks and I can hear that he was praying I would come with him and not leave him alone with Scott. 

"Sure, right behind you." I call after him as he and Scott exit the room and head towards the labs with Peter following behind as usual. I was almost out of the room when I felt someone standing right behind me. I turn my head to the left just enough to see the glint of a metal arm before Bucky's hot breath brushes against my ear. 

"In case you were wondering doll, everything works." He says, sending me a smirk before passing me and walking off towards the kitchen. I stand there in shock, my face heating up as I watch him grab a water from the fridge like nothing just happened. I blink several times until I hear Peter call my name from the end of the hall and I turn and continue walking towards the lab. I exit the room just in time to see the wink Buck sends me as he passed by the doorway on his way back to where Steve and Sam were talking. 

When I finally get to the lab that the others were occupying, the suit had been laid out on one of the tables and Scott was fiddling with a weird looking helmet. Tony looks up at me when I take a seat next to him, "Thumbelina over there said that the ejectors aren't working. These buttons, they cause him to shrink or grow." He mutters and points out two buttons on the gloves of the suit. 

I nod and pick up one of the gloves to study the mechanism closer while Tony does a scan of the suit to pull it up as a hologram. He zooms in on the glove portion and starts to play around with the structure. 

"You know, I made you a suit too. It's form fitting so it should stick to your body when you morph, and blend with you too. I also put in some extra toys but don't tell mom because he would kill me with a righteous speech if he heard about some of them." Tony comments randomly as he studies one of the triggers underneath the button. 

I glance up to send him a smirk before nodding and thanking him. Apparently our conversation was an opening for Scott who had set down the helmet and was very loudly thinking about what else I can do other than morph into other people. Sighing, I look up at him and put the glove down. 

"I can read minds, so yes I have abilities other than just morphing into other people." I say plainly and his eyes go wide. "I can also manipulate time, memories, and emotions. And I have visions." I finish before turning to look at what Tony was pointing at. 

"Hey PissAnt." Tony stops whatever Scott might have replied to me, bringing his attention to where he was pointing at the hologram. "You cracked the line somehow, meaning pushing the buttons won't do anything until you replace or repair it." I tell him when he just looks at the picture. Scott seems to not understand most of what I said causing Tony to let out a really loud and annoyed groan. 

"Give me ten minutes and then it will be fine." He growls out before yanking a drawer open and shuffling through equipment. Scott seems to be super oblivious to the atmosphere of the room and maintains his chipper attitude while talking to Peter about his superhero name. 

"Do you have one?" Scott asks me after a couple of minutes, I give him a raised eyebrow and he elaborates, "A superhero name. Like I'm Ant-man and he is Spider-man. Or something more like Hawkeye, Captain America, or Ironman." Scott's lips quirk up as he talks. 

"HYDRA's codename for me was The Chameleon." I shrug but this seems to make his mind nearly explode again. He started to talk really fast about how insane it was that I used to work for HYDRA, although Peter and I tried to correct him that I wasn't exactly an agent for them but more like a test subject. 

"Nat wants to know if you guys are almost done." Steve's voice calls from the open door. Tony tells him that it's already done as fast as he can before he tosses the suit at Scott who rushes into the connected bathroom to try it on. When he comes out he was wearing the whole thing, the helmet had red bug eyes and what looked like a respirator on the mouthpiece. 

"And testing in three... two... one..." Scott counts down before he presses the buttons and shrinks down to the size of an ant. "Whoa, it works faster than before! Awesome." I can hear Scott think as something small lands on my shoulder. I look over and see a mini sized Scott standing there, waving. 

"Wow, that really is America's Ass."  He thinks, causing me to jerk in surprise before busting out in laughter and trying to avoid looking at Steve who was looking at me worriedly considering I just started to randomly laugh. 

Scott turns back to normal size and opens his helmet, sending me a bashful smile when he realizes I had heard what he thought. "Okay, thanks for visiting. Good to see you. Feel free not to come next time." Tony says as he ushers Scott out of the lab and all the way to the front door. I follow them while Steve and Peter both head back to the living room, "What was that?" Tony asks as we head back towards the others. 

"Scott had thought about Steves' ass being America's Ass. It made me laugh." I excuse and Tony just shakes his head, but I can see the twitch as he holds back a smile. 

"You take that back!" Barton was yelling when we finally walk into the main room. He throws a remote at Sam's head who just ducks and snorts at Barton's reaction. Nat was watching with an intrigued expression as she tosses some popcorn into her mouth and Steve was trying to make the two children stop fighting. 

"No! What have you done? Shot a couple aliens? She has literally led a rebellion to take down a corrupt government." Sam replies while using a pillow as a shield from the various objects Barton was using as projectiles. "HEY!" Tony screams to bring everyone's attention to him, "Stop making a mess in my compound!" He continues as soon as all eyes were on him. 

Barton stands and points an accusing finger at Sam who had tossed the pillow back onto the couch, "He said Katniss Everdeen was a better archer than me." He pouts. A piece of popcorn hits him square of the forehead causing him to crease his brow and send a confused look over to Nat who was laughing in between handfuls of popcorn. 

"What movie are we watching tonight?" Wanda asks as she skips into the room followed by Vision who glides through the wall. Both of them take in the mess that has turned into the living room but neither of them comment on it. 

"Where's the cyborg?" Tony asks after he makes Barton start cleaning up all the things he had launched at Sam. He says it to the room but he was clearly directing the question to Steve who looked up at him like he was an idiot, "It's Wednesday. He should be back in a few minutes." He replied. This seemed like a good explanation for everyone else but I was still very confused. 

"So what movie are we watching?" Wanda asks again, this time from my side as she slides onto the chair next to me. Sam look over at us with a glint in his eyes, "The Hunger Games.". 

"Nooooooo." Barton yells as he sprawls out on the floor and covers his face with his hands. "Shut up Sam it's not even your turn to pick. It's Nat's." Wanda smiles back but Nat just shakes her head, "I actually think that's a brilliant choice.". Barton gives her a look of betrayal and holds his hand over his heart, "Really? After everything I did for you in Budapest." He whispers with hurt lacing his words. 

"Oh please, if it wasn't for me you would've died." Nat retorts and kicks Bartons leg with her foot, causing him to roll over onto his side. Barton hopped up to his feet and rounded on Nat to say something but the slam of the front door causes everyone to go quiet. 

I jump at the sound of a door being kicked in as I was pushed into another vision.

A sick looking man was walking down the street, a group of men follow him and start to attack him. Some type of black goo is released from the man and beats up the men who had attacked him.

"Outstanding. Now let's bite off all their heads and pile them up in the corner." I hear a voice yet don't see anyone but the man. 

"Why would we do that?" The man asks, it looks like he was talking to himself and by the look in his eyes, he thought he was crazy. 

"Pile of bodies, pile of heads..." The other voice comments back as the image changes.

"You just bit somebody's head off" the voice of the man from before rings around my head and the other voice answers, "Fuel in the tank. Listen carefully, Eddie..." 

So the man's name was Eddie... but what was he? The image solidifies to Eddie surrounded by policemen, but he quickly turns into a large black creature with a large gaping mouth, sharp teeth, and a long thin tongue. 

"No! We do not eat policemen!" Eddie's voice sounds, the creature makes an annoyed motion before dropping the unconscious policeman he had been holding up. 

The image fades into another one where Eddie was the creature again and he was holding up a thug inside a small grocery store. "What the hell are you?" The thug whimpers as he drops the gun he had been holding. 

The creatures face peels back a little so you could see half of Eddie's face, "We are Venom." They say as the vision fades and I am back in the compound with everyone else. 

I blink several times as my glowing eyes slowly fade back into my normal ones and I notice how everyone was staring at me and Bucky was standing in the doorway. No one moves for what feel like hours, it feels like the room is holding its breath. 

"Was it HYDRA?" Steve finally asks, his voice pops the invisible bubble that had trapped the room and soft exhales are slowly let out even though the question seemed to make everyone more tense. I don't answer right away, still processing exactly what I had seen. I take a moment to gather all the information and sort through it all before I meet his eyes.

"No... it was a man. Well, not really a man... part of him was something that wasn't human. But he's in what looked like maybe San Francisco?" I mutter as I search the images I had seen to check for any sort of HYDRA affiliation. 

"Who?" Tony asks with more interest than before at the mention of something non-human. "His name is... well the man is Eddie Brock. But the name that seemed more important was Venom." I answer.

"Venom? Sounds like a supervillain. Is he a supervillain?" Barton says semi-jokingly to try and lighten the mood. I try to think back to how he had acted in the vision, he wasn't really bad... Eddie seemed to keep him in check. 

"No." I say after careful consideration. Everyone could clearly sense my hesitation and none of them seemed totally convinced. 

"So they're good guys?" Nat asks for clarification. 

"Umm. Not really." I say, scrunching my face a little. 

"Okay, Migraine. You're giving me a migraine." Tony rumbles as he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"It's just that, I saw Venom bite some guys head off-" 

"HE BIT A DUDE'S HEAD OFF!" Barton yells with his eyes wide open as he sits up from the floor. 

"-But the guy he ate was a bad guy." I finish while sending an eye roll towards Barton as he sends me a huff before falling back to the floor. 

"So do we have to worry about him?" Wanda asks mainly to Steve or Tony but both of the men send me a look as if they were wondering the same thing. I slowly shake my head, "I don't think so. They seem to be fine minding their business from what I can tell. Eddie keeps Venom in check for the most part." I explain and this causes the others to actually relax. 

"Wonderful." Tony says as he slumps in his seat as Sam stands up and waves his hands to bring everyone's attention to him.

"So... Hunger Games?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 5.9K 37
my love, my heart. don't go quick into the sunlight. MARVEL AU MATURE/SEXUAL THEMES ...
415K 18.4K 79
Atlas has been part of HYDRA for as long as he can remember. He has been tortured, experimented and tested on. He is no stranger to pain, it's normal...
19.2K 611 64
[COMPLETED] "Its you and me. Us...forever. No matter the year, time, past...future." -------------------------------------- Layla Black is a descende...
14.4K 506 44
The Avengers just can't seem to catch a break. After splitting up the Avengers, and after Aurora lost her home world, most of her friends and even he...