Worse for Better- Book #1 in...

Da anyawritezzz

Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being man... Altro

***Please Read/ Authors Note***
**Aesthetics/Cast**
💿 Playlist 💿
Chapter 1: Worse
Chapter 2: Job
Chapter 3: Phone call
Chapter 4: Group Project
Chapter 5: Dance
Chapter 6: Roadtrip
Chapter 7: Rehearsal
Chapter 8: Peyton
Chapter 9: Change
Chapter 10: A Kick
Chapter 11: Game #1
Chapter 13: Kidnapped
Chapter 14: Hotel
Chapter 15: The Next Morning
Chapter 16: Grandma
Chapter 17: Family Reunion
Chapter 18: Apology
Chapter 19: Window
Chapter 20: Car Ride
Chapter 21: Dad
Chapter 22: Stubborn
Chapter 23: Spy Mission
Chapter 24: Diner
Chapter 25: Caught
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Bedroom
Chapter 28: Pillow Fight
Chapter 29: Skyler
Chapter 30: Feelings
Chapter 31: Final
Chapter 32: Win or Lose
Chapter 33: Mom
Chapter 34: Blame
Chapter 35: Comfortable
Chapter 36: Pillowtalk
Chapter 37: Now what?
Chapter 38: Plane Ticket
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Walk
Chapter 41: Dressing Room
Chapter 42: Party
Chapter 43: Pool Table
Chapter 44: Nightmare
Chapter 45: Shower
Chapter 46: Over
Chapter 47: Family
Chapter 48: Visitation
Chapter 49: Court
Chapter 50: Hearing
Chapter 51: Guilty or Not Guilty
Chapter 52: Action Movie
Chapter 53: A Few Minutes
Chapter 54: Drunk
Chapter 55: Friendsgiving
Chapter 56: Alaska
Chapter 57: Answer
Chapter 58: Promises
Chapter 59: Better
Bonus Chapter: Camping
Surprise!!!!

Chapter 12: Picture

19.5K 475 535
Da anyawritezzz

♡  Alaiya's POV:  ♡

Every inch of my body feels violated, and I feel like throwing up right here and right now. My hands are shaking on the arm rest and even my leg is shivering from the state of shock I'm in. My entire face is dark red as everyone looks at me, and I can't seem to take my eyes off the picture displayed in front of me to see the watching eyes

The picture of me naked is shown in front of the entire class, and I shoot up from my seat after point five seconds and rush out of the room as fast as I can.

I try to hold back the tears while walking up the ledge, and I've never felt more disgusted or embarrassed with myself in my entire life. Once I've left the room, the tears have now freely fallen and won't stop as they burn my eyes out. I don't even know how someone would get a picture of me like that. It was in my bedroom while I was changing and I usually never keep my curtains open.

I open my car and shut the door harshly to take out my emotions somewhere.

My sobs come out as I replay the memory and embarrassment of everyone looking at me completely naked. I didn't even get a chance to look at Carson or anyone basically because of how fast I walked out of that room. I just knew I couldn't stay in there for long.

I wipe my tears with the need to get out of here and quickly pull the car into reverse.

***

Roman's POV

5 minutes earlier:

"....but it was so big and-," Ivy continues her rant while I was taking notes, and I stop her right there.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask concerned.

"There was this guy-," she restarts her story and now I actually stop her and the too much information she's giving me.

"I don't want to hear that shit." I turn my head back to my notebook.

She groans surprisingly not too loud, but I continue to write in my notebook and take the notes Professor Wright has put up on the board.

"Why does Professor Wright's head turn around the minute he hears a girl voice, but he never notices when a guy talks. The gender-bias in him is really not being hidden anymore...," she starts to talk about something else, and her voice just plays as background music while I try and catch up on the notes I missed.

As I'm writing a side note that we were told to write, the background suddenly stops and a suck in of breath is heard instead. She only stops talking when she thinks someone who's hot walks by, and the professor is the only one standing. This is concerning.

I look up to see what her eyes are looking at in shock and hope it isn't the Professor, and when my eyes look up at the board with the word 'what' on the tip of my tongue, what I see makes my body curl with anger instantly.

What the actual fuck!

My eyes shoot towards Alaiya in uncontrollable concern, and I see her look up from her notebook and completely freeze right before my eyes. In under five seconds, she shoots up from her seat and rushes out of here like her life depends on it. Her tears are falling down her cheeks and her face is completely red with embarrassment. I see her hands shaking by her side and that only makes more actual fucking anger build inside of me.

Who the hell would do something like this to anyone? Someone who's sick in the mind, that's who. What does one even get from pulling this kind of shit? Especially in front of a whole classroom filled with people?

Rider, Legend, and Eldon all look over with concerned and worried eyes, and Ivy does as well. While the guys are asking if they should get up to see if Alaiya's okay with the nod of their heads, I see one dick trying to take a picture in the middle row discreetly, though obviously not secretly enough since I can see it clearly.

This bitch.

"Take that fucking picture and I swear to god I'll kill you," I threaten him seriously, and he puts his phone down as he and his dumbass friends snicker with each other.

Dumbasses.

Professor Wright has finally taken down the picture, but what I'm even more irritated at is how Walker hasn't stood his ass up to help her. He's just sitting in his chair looking shocked, but hasn't gotten up to go and help her even though she's obviously destroyed. I don't even like her and I give more of a shit about her than he seems to right now. Rider, Legend, Eldon, and Ivy even give more fucks about what just happened than he seems to give, and they just met her a couple of weeks ago.

What a dick. How the hell do you see your girlfriend or whatever she is to him go through something like that and just sit around? That just spoke on all levels at how big of a douche I've known he is.

I don't go into depth about thinking about how big of a piece of shit Walker is, though, if I did have the attention span, I don't think I'd ever stop. All I'm worried about right now is how Alaiya is feeling right now, and I'm guessing the first answer would be embarrassed like anyone else would.

***

♡  Alaiya's POV:  ♡

Carson texted me and asked if I was okay, and I responded with a simple yeah and left it at that.

The replaying memory of seeing that picture and feeling everyone's glares on me will not leave my mind no matter how loud of my music I put on. I don't know how someone would've even gotten that picture. I was changing by myself in my own apartment. But why would someone show it in front of everyone? I have never been so awful to someone to make them do something that horrible towards me. It can't be Carson because he hates when I even look at a guy, so why would he put my body on full display for every guy to see? I know I kicked Roman, but he wouldn't go as far as to do something like that, right? Did Professor Wright pull it up? That's not possible. He looked just as panicked as me when he turned around and also was trying his hardest to get it off the screen as soon as possible.

My tears come again as I remember the embarrassment and whispers that I heard in that room. Everyone was staring at me and everyone saw my naked body.

A knock is heard at my door and I get up after rubbing my teary eyes to go answer it. When I open it, Carson wraps me in a hug as soon as the door swings open and I wrap my arms around his neck and let my tears fall more. My body feels stiff from everything, and I don't know how my tears are still falling considering I just cried for a whole hour.

Carson whispers an "everything is fine" in my ear along with a "stop crying" in a calm tone, and I nod along to try and make myself stop. He pulls away and looks at me a little downwards with softened eyes.

When he holds his hand up, the fear of him hitting me runs a course throughout my body so I mentally prepare out of habit. But weirdly, he lays his hand on my cheek with no pressure whatsoever. I can't help but smile because he didn't hit me this time, which brings out a sense of hope that I've wanted to feel for the longest time.

"We have to talk," he says suddenly.

He doesn't let me ask a why or if everything is alright, he just gets straight to the point.

"We can't be together," he lets out, and another hole is created in my stomach.

What?

"Since that picture got released, the team thinks that it would be better for me to stop seeing you," he explains. "But the team said that I can be with you in private, just not in public."

I just stare at him dumbfounded because this piece of news is really not something I needed right now. I know he has a career and I don't want to stand in the way of that, but I also thought that Rider, Legend, and Eldon at least tolerated me. I mean, I can understand Roman, but the entire team agreed that being with me would be bad for Carson?

"The entire team doesn't want you to be with me?" I repeat, just to sure I heard him correctly.

"Yeah, they all said a bunch of rude things about you and said they don't want our team to have a bad reputation," he further explains as more tears fill my eyes.

They all said rude things? All of them? So Rider was just talking to me earlier for the notes and nothing else? Carson probably didn't even say anything about us not being a couple and Rider was just making that up to get underneath my skin.

"What did they say?" my voice cracks while asking with painful curiosity.

He contemplates whether to tell me or not, and I fold my arms to defend myself mentally for what's about to come my way as Carson's mouth opens slightly

"Umm...," he hesitates. "...a whore, a slut, a bitch," he lists as he thinks, and more tears fall from my eyes.

They think of me like that?
All of them?

"They also said for me to tell you to umm," Carson rubs the back of his head. "They told me to tell you to not speak to them," he admits, and a small breaking oh leaves my lips.

I may not have known them or talked to them much, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less. I care about what other people think of me and hearing people who I thought were actually nice say those things about me raises my insecurities to a whole different level.

Carson then continues to tell me about how the whole school was talking about the picture and also saying some things which only makes me want to cry more. The thing that hurts the most is that someone did that. Someone put that picture for everyone to see and didn't give a crap about what would happen once it was posted.

"I'm sorry babe," he apologizes to me.

I force a smile and wipe my tears from my eyes and whole face.

"It's not your fault." I shake my head.

"I noticed you ran out of pills, I'll go get them for you," he offers in a kind tone and I nod.

He pecks me on my lips goodbye and walks out of the apartment door. The minute the thud sound is heard, my sobs come out faster than the roadrunner, and I let myself fall right back apart again.

~~~~

It's been two days since the incident occurred which means I have to get back to school or else I'll be in huge trouble. The school called and said they don't know who did it, but also added that they were sorry about the event. Carson suggested that I stay home for a couple of days and take some time off for myself. He also hasn't gotten drunk or hit me since, so that was a bonus. My stomach is quite literally punching me with nervous butterflies as I walk onto campus without Carson. He can't be seen with me so I'm doing what I have to do to help his future.

I enter the halls and notice many people look at me and then straight to the ground as if the floor is controlling them to look at it rather than meet my face.

Am I that ugly?

Chancellor Davis wanted to speak to me before class about this entire situation so I walk to his office first. He goes on about how this was really disgusting behavior and how sorry he is that it happened. Although, him talking about it only makes me want to cry more so I harshly and discreetly pinch my skin to make the tears go away and focus on the pain on my arm. He says that they're trying to figure out who did it, and on that note, he lets me go to my class. I was in there for about fifteen minutes which means I'll have to walk in English while class is going on, meaning everyone is going to look or at least glance at me.

Breathe.

I take a deep breath and decide that everybody already hates me, how much worse can it get?

My hand pushes the handle downwards and the door pushes open into the lecture that Professor Wright was in the middle of. Everyone turns around and looks at me, but I keep my eyes on Professor Wright who nods because he already knows where I was and why I'm late. He motions for me to take a seat and as I'm about to, I remember that I can't sit next to Carson.

I take a seat in the middle row, near the door instead since only a few students are sitting here. They're all spaced out as well so it's perfect because I really don't want to feel eyes looking at me if they're is sitting right beside me.

Everyone turns their heads around relatively quickly and I look down at my feet to hide my embarrassment. It looks like it's just a listening day today since no one has their notes out, so I just sit and try to focus on Professor Wright and not the screen where my body was on full display for everyone to see which is behind him. I continuously feel sets of eyes on me, and as I try to hold back more of the tears and continue to pinch my arm to make them stop, they continue. I look to the left and see Ivy and Roman sitting together facing the Professor, but as soon as they feel me glancing, they look back at me concerned. Well, Ivy is concerned, Roman's just looking at me with his serous frown.

He probably said the most things out of all them when he was talking to Carson.

I turn my head around to the right and see Rider, Eldon, and Legend all looking at me too. I try and act like I didn't see them and focus on my pinches that may begin to leave bruises.

The minute Professor Wright permits us to leave after about forty minutes, I'm the first one out the door. The entire time I felt like I couldn't breathe and as I rush outside, I can finally feel the oxygen come into my lungs.
The double doors open behind me so I step away towards my car because I don't want to block the way for others.

Ivy suddenly stands in front of me, making me stop in my tracks promptly.

"Forget dance, join the track team," she jokes as she tries to catch her breath from following behind me.

I bring out a smile to show that I'm fine and completely normal while she's trying to breathe again. In the corner of my eye, I notice brunette familiar hair and catch a glimpse of Peyton and Ryland together in the distance. They both are laughing and holding hands which honestly makes me happy for them. Peyton catches my stare, but I don't care so I keep my eyes still. She quickly diverts her attention after looking at me angrily and focuses back on Ryland.

Could she have posted the picture? She hasn't even been over to my apartment or near me so it can't be her. Could it?

"...so I just wanted to make sure you were okay?" I get control of my senses again as I hear Ivy ask that question and realize I just missed her rant by mistake.

"Mhmm?...Yeah...I'm fine," I think about it first and then lie in a 'no big deal' kind of tone.

She looks at me like she doesn't believe me but I keep my smile on just to show her that I'm serious, even though I'm not. I hear footsteps behind me and see Rider, Eldon, Roman, and Legend all walking through the open doors.

"I have to go," I turn around my head and bid her goodbye nicely.

I begin to walk around her because all of the guys probably are going to say something hurtful, and I don't think I can handle it right now since I've already almost broken down twice.

"Are you sure your okay?" Ivy asks again as she follows behind me.

As I'm walking and telling her a casual 'yeah', I hear something fall out of my backpack. I scold myself immediately for not zipping it properly and turn around to see what feel. My pills come into my eyes, but Ivy picks them before I can get to them and takes a quick peek. She hands them over to me with her mood changed a little so I put a thankful smile on my face to lighten up the tension pronto.

"Thank you," I gratefully reply and put them back in my bag.

"No problem." She returns the smile, though it doesn't reach her eyes.

I turn my body around and get to my car right on time before the guys can approach us. Ivy probably didn't even know what the pills were. She probably thought they were just a prescription. Plus, it's my business so I shouldn't be worried.

It's not that big of a deal anyway.

***

Roman's POV

The guys and I see Alaiya rush to her car as fast as possible, and I see Ivy looking a little worried. Also, she's not talking so there's gotta be something wrong for that rare occasion to occur.

"Is she okay?" Eldon questions, and Ivy looks over at him.

"She said she was," Ivy shrugs, though I know when she's lying and that was a sentence full of bullshit.

My dad and her lie the same way, I'm just glad I didn't get the shitty family gene.

"Let's go to Roman's house," she suggests.

Everyone agrees without even asking if I want their annoying asses to come over which I do not.

"Who the fuck-," I begin to decline, but Ivy gives me a look that says 'get the fuck in the car' so I stop in between my sentence. "Fine," I give in bitterly.

"Cool," the guys agree, and all get into their cars like they were actually going to wait for my permission and not just come over because they wanted to.

Ivy walks quickly to get into the car and I sit in the driver's seat after her. I wait to be told what the hell is wrong with her, though I've been waiting for that answer since we were kids.

She stays quiet.

I drive out of the parking lot and wait for her to speak about what just happened because I know I did not just agree to have all the guy's annoying asses over for no reason. I saw Alaiya drop something when she was speaking with Ivy, but I don't think this is what that's about. I could tell by the way Alaiya looked that she was completely distraught by what happened and anyone else would also be. I still have no idea which motherfucker pulled this shit, but I made sure that no one would ever bring it up again. Just because I don't like her, doesn't mean that I'm heartless. She may have kicked me in the dick, but even I wouldn't wish something like that on her.

The thing that pissed me off the most was the number of guys who continued to stare at the picture and then at her. I wanted to punch every one of them if I could.

"Remember when I wasn't eating?" Ivy finally blurts out, but instead asks something that I hope doesn't mean what I think it means.

"Ivy-," I begin, though she stops me.

"I'm eating," she reassures me and I look over at her to be sure.

She doesn't look like she's lying so I nod and turn my head around to focus back on the road.

Ivy went through some bad shit when she was in high school. A lot of dicks would make fun of her weight and that ended up making her stop eating. While I was at a store, I found her leaving a vitamin store near me. When I walked up to her, she was very shaky and acting like I caught her doing something. I have never been more thankful to the world for letting me get there when I did. That was her first time buying those pills and by the way she wasn't eating, it would've gotten much worse if she had gotten home. Her mom actually spoke to her about it, and Ivy didn't go back to who she was, but instead she became better. I mean, minus her fucking loud mouth and how she can annoy my ass in under five seconds.

"Alaiya dropped the pills that I had gotten." She looks over at me emotionally as I stop in my driveway to look over at her.

"You're sure it was the same ones?" I confirm with her.

She nods.

"You know, I have never seen her eat," she points out, and I raise an eyebrow at how she knows that since she's known her for a couple of weeks. "What? I watch people's plates, my therapist says it's normal," she shrugs off. "I mean, the girl's body was completely displayed for everyone to see. That has to take a toll out on someone and lead them into some bad things."

"Why didn't Walker stand up and help her when the picture came up?" I say out loud a question I've been wondering for a while.

Ivy thinks back to the day and agrees with my confusion. If they were even in any type of relationship, he would've followed her out of concern or something. Instead, he acted like everyone else did which was sitting in the state of shock even though he probably knows her better than the entire class does, and should have known that she needed someone to comfort her.

My phone rings and I reach over in the small glove compartment to answer it.

"Blackwood, you have rookies to introduce," Coach Miller scolds me loudly through the phone, and I sigh into my hands.

One day. Let me have one day where everyone leaves me the hell alone. Just one.

"He's on his way coach," Ivy answers for me, making me send a glare at her.

Before I can object, he hangs up the phone and I feel like my head is going to fucking explode. I haven't been able to get sleep for days and Coach will not leave my ass alone for five minutes, especially during the season.

"I'll tell Uncle B that you'll eat dinner later." She pats my shoulder and I push her hand off in annoyance.

Ivy laughs at my irritation while walking out of the car after promising that we're not done with this conversation. She knocks on the window and I sigh as I pull it down.

"Alaiya's pretty don't ya think?" she puts her hand under her chin and asks in a flirtatious tone.

"Get the fuck in the house," I point and she smirks sneakily before walking up the driveway.

The guys pull up behind me and all walk inside as if I don't fucking live here and they do.

Assholes.

I roll my eyes and try to get out of the shitty parking that Rider made right behind my car. I have no idea how he got his driver's permit rather than a license. The instructor must've been either drunk or stoned; it has to be one or the other.

I drive back to the campus again and walk to the field. Coach doesn't even look like he wants to be here which is probably why he brought my ass along so that he can make me feel the same amount of misery that he's feeling.

Kill me now.

♥ ★ ❦ ✱ ♥

A/N: Sorry this was a longer chapter.

Please tell me if there are any errors.

Word Count: 4134

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

37.4K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
980K 43.5K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
69.9K 1.1K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
478K 12.3K 48
Socially awkward software engineer Allie isn't looking for romance when she moves to New York City to escape her insufferable ex and start over. But...