Killer Queen

By NinasWritingEscape

By accepting Felix's invitation to play among us with his friends, Mia wasn't expecting to be introduced to a... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

2

9.9K 252 140
By NinasWritingEscape

Next thing I knew, I was in Marzia's office space with both discord and the game Among Us ready to operate.

I was used to networking in events, parties, photoshoots. Social anxiety wasn't something I was familiar with, but I still felt anxious.

As I joined the discord call, I stayed silent as mixed conversations went through my headphones. I was waiting for Felix to introduce me, but for some reason, he didn't, and I couldn't get myself to speak up. There were some voices and names I recognized, but she only knew Felix, Sean and Dave personally.

As I entered the game lobby, Sean was the first to acknowledge my presence.

"MiaBisoo? As in your Mia, Felix?" he asked, his voice expressing shock from my presence.

His green character green little character ran around my white one, as I chose come silly hat for my character, earning a chuckle from me. I ended up picking the toilet paper one.

"Hi everyone." I finally spoke, cringing at my voice almost immediately.

"Miaaaa" Felix finally screeched from his end.

Greetings and welcoming comments started to come from everyone.

"Mia are you in Brighton?" Sean asked.

"Yeah, I got here yesterday." I replied.

"Wait, who's Mia?" a female asked. I could see it was Valkyrae, from her discord icon.

"So..." Felix trailed off "Mia's my cousin..."

"Marzia's cousin." Dave butted in.

"Yeah Marzia's cousin." he corrected, raising his voice a bit "Since we were missing some people, I got her to play with us."

"What dirt does he have on you, Mia?" Sean questioned, earning a chuckle from me.

Before I could make a quick remark, a deep "Hello." immerged through my headphones.

"Cooorpse." Valkyrae and Pokimane chanted almost in unison.

I felt my jaw drop. It wasn't just a deep common voice, there was and alluring aspect to it, causing a tingling sensation on the back of my neck.

"Corpse my man." Felix greeted along with the rest of the group.

"Corpse have you met Mia?" a guy named toast asked. " Felix has a cousin."

"H-hi." I managed to say, my voice almost inaudible

I could hear Felix laugh, both from his office room and from the chat. The rest of the group joined in.

"Mia, Corpse. Corpse, Mia." Dave introduced. I could sense the enjoyment. As if he was expecting some reaction either from me or this Corpse named guy.

Everyone was quiet waiting for me to reply.

"Your name is Corpse?" I simply asked after not finding anything in concrete to comment on.

"It can be, if you keep saying it like that." his reply vibrated on my headphones.

Was he flirting? I thought to myself. Maybe I was still taken by surprise from his voice to actually process the fact that he was being playful, at least.

"Hey" Felix called out "That's my cousin you're talking to."

"Technically, she's Marzia's." Dave clarified, once again, getting a laugh from the others.

"So that's the accent.. Italian right?" noted Corpse.

"Yeah, she's spaghetti gang." Felix bantered.

"Who isn't?" the girl named Valkyrae mumbled.

I laughed along with everyone.

"Guys, I'm right here." I pipped in.

"Yeah, thank god." The smirk on Corpse's face was clear through is tone.

I was confident his intent was to pick on Felix, but I couldn't help to blush.

"Simp." Felix interjected before continuing to introduce me properly to the rest of the members.

We'd be playing with Sean, Dave, Toast, Corpse, Lily, Valkyrae and Pokimane. They all seemed nice and welcoming, which allowed my nerves to slowly dissipate.

The first game, I was a crewmate. I mostly stuck to what I knew, following Felix around at first, but then eventually we lost each other, as I did my tasks.

I noticed Lily's pink character was blocking my exit, after I finished a task on electrical. We both stood still, waiting for the other's reaction, probably thinking that the other was the imposter.

Suddenly, Corpse's black character, slayed Lily's. And before I could even process and act on it, he had self reported and the panel showed up.

"I just saw Mia kill Lily on electrical." his boldly stated, immerged from the silence.

I babbled before I could even comment coherently and expose my case.

"What the fuck?" was the only thing that come out of my mouth. " I'm being framed."

"That seems sus." Toast commented.

"Did you kill my friend, Mia?" Rae pipped in.

"Mia! You're imposter, aren't you!" Felix accused me.

"Guys no! I swear. Lily was there and then Corpse came and then this shit happened" I tried to explain, but no one was buying it.

I was too nervous and green to explain myself clearly. They were already voting.

"That didn't even make sense!" I remarked as I saw my character being ejected. "You're gonna regret it."

Corpse chuckled from his end. His laugh was softer, making him seem less scary.

The group kept playing as I remained silent. I wrote " Sorry Lily, I couldn't avenge you" on the chat, to which she replied with a simple crying emoji. I smiled ate my screen, though.

After a while of observing everyone playing around, I couldn't help but search Corpse up on my phone, quickly realizing that he was as mysterious as his voice made him seem. No name, no face. Just a really intriguing, deep voice.

I found myself thinking of how different our lives were. My job consisted, mostly, on being exposed to cameras. My face and my body were my brand and means of expression, but aside from the occasional instagram stories, where I communicated verbally, and the rare collaborations with Marzia or Felix for their videos, my voice was something my followers didn't hear often. I would as far as to say that some didn't know what I sounded like.

I noticed that Corpse was actually streaming our Among Us game and ended up opening it, without even hesitating. He was playing as imposter, along with Sean.

"Guys why are you freaking about Mia?" he asked to his chat, getting my attention. "Yeah her face is not a strange one, might have seen her before. I guess she's pretty famous. I like her voice and her accent. She seems nice."

I immediately closed the stream, as if I was caught watching something I wasn't supposed to. I felt my cheeks burn. I wasn't really expecting him to be talking about me.

The game ended shortly after, revealing a defeat for the crewmates. As I unmuted myself, I felt irrationally self-conscious.

"How does Corpse always manages to get way with all these killings." Rae pipped in. " Swear to god"

"He killed me..." I hear Lily sniffled jokingly in her sweet voice.

"He's on another level." Dave remarked.

"I told you guys! It's always Corpse." Felix retorted. "But you guys keep falling for it!"

"He plays dirty, that's why." I added with an eyeroll, breaking my silence.

There was a commotion of reactions, in which I could hear Corpse fake gasp before letting out a soft chuckle, causing me to smile along.

The next game started. A red colored letters announcing Corpse and I as the imposters.

I had been imposter a few times before. But I was sure I sucked at it. Especially if Corpse was as good as people pointed out.

My phone buzzed with a private message. 

Corpse

Stick with me. I have a plan.

Mia

Okay

I quickly replied, complying and following behind him. 

I still wasn't over the fact he was speaking about me on his stream earlier and had to resist the urge to open his stream.

We went on admin. Felix was there alone, probably trying to finish the card swipe task, but corpse quickly killed him, causing me to laugh.

I heard him complain from his gaming room. The only thing I could make up was " How dare you!"

"Sorry." I yelled back.

I could only think about Marzia trying to mind her own business while we both yelled at eachother from opposite points of their house.

Corpse self reported, like he did with Lily's kill earlier, before blaming me.

" Mia and I found Felix on admin." Corpse stated. His voice as neutral and calm as ever. I had to give it to him, he was a natural. "No one around though."

So that was his plan. I was his alibi.

"Yeah, we didn't pass anyone either. We came from the bottom of the map, the killer might have vented or run to the top." I stated, doing my part.

After some debating, everyone skipped. No one suspected us.

I followed Corpse, once again, pretending to do some tasks, and being innocent, he even spared Rae at the reactor chamber.

He sabotaged electrical at some point, causing everyone to go and fix the lights. Sean was already there when we arrived along with Lily, who came in shortly after us.

Corpse did a weird motion with his character before killing Sean. With Lily watching. I released he wanted me to double kill with him, but Lily quickly reported.

"Fuck." I hissed at myself. He must think I'm stupid at this point. 

Lily gasped as the voting panel came up, but didn't blurted out her accusation. I took in the opportunity to clean my mess up.

"Guys, Lily just killed Sean." I spoke trying to remain calm and maintain a neutral tone. I messed up the double kill but I was gonna try and salvage it. 

"What? Mia, no how could you?" Lily whined and babbled " Corpse killed Sean, he's imposters. W-wait, you must be imposter with him!"

"Why are you lying Lily?" Corpse questioned, going along with my story. 

"Guys it's true. I've been doing tasks with Corpse this whole time." I defended feeling pretty confident on our scheme. 

"Why are you always with Corpse?" Dave asked, getting suspicious of me.

"That's a bit sus." Toast stated.

"I don't know. I was scared, so I packed up with the first person I found." I rambled hoping they would buy it " If he was imposter he would have already killed me."

"Yeah, I actually saw you guys earlier. And I'm still alive." Dave agreed, backing out his accusation.

"They spared me too." Rae pipped in.

"Lily was actually following me around earlier." Poki added, unconsciously contributing to our cause.

Despite Lily's attempts to prove her true innocence, and as she was voted off, my phone buzzed again.

Corpse

Nice save 😉

Mia 

😈

The round started and we were back at it.

I noticed Dave on security. I went for it, taking a quick detour, killing him of. One more kill and we'd win. 

Shortly after Pokimane appeared along with Valkyrae. 

Corpse did the weird dance with his character once again, and this time I understood and executed the double kill perfectly, like he had intended, and our victory was announced.

"Damn" Felix was the first to break his silence.

"What was that?" Sean was shocked " Mia, what the hell was that."

"They messed up and still saved the situation by framing me." Lily added, she still seemed socked.

"I can't even stay mad." Valkyrae pointed. "They played us so well."

"Sorry Rae." I giggled my apology.

"She's a pro." Corpse complimented me. "She made it so easy for me. I thought I really messed up when I went for the failed double kill with Sean and Lily, but she saved me."

I found myself grinning. I was the one who messed up and he still was boasting me.

"Nah, I was the dumb one. I didn't understand you were going for the double kill."

"Simp." Felix grunted from his end.

"You have to bring her over more often Felix." Corpse said.

"Yeah, she just killed us all and she's still sweet about it." Rae pointed out. "I like her. Mia you can come instead of Felix."

"What did I do to you?" Felix retorted.

The group kept bantering humorously and I laughed along them.

We played a few more times. Valkyrae would often team up with me, being each others alibi and trying not to be killed.

"Mia." Valkyrae called out at one of the meetings between rounds.

"Yeah."

"I'm stalking your insta. Do you live in LA?" she naturally confessed getting a giggle from me.

"Yeah, I used to. I moved to Oceanside this past year. It's way calmer and not far from LA."

"Wait you live in Oceanside?" Corpse mused.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing. I was just checking if I heard correctly." He dismissed, clearing his throat.

I raised my eyebrow, but decided not to make much of it, and neither did the group.

Later that day, during dinner with both Felix and Marzia, while he was telling his wife all about how I was a ruthless killer, he commented that I would be a good streamer. 

"You think?" I asked raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, you're pretty funny, and my chat liked you during the livestream." He commented.

"You should have her stream from your channel one day." Marzia suggested mockingly.

I sent her a look, knowing fully well that Felix would hop on the idea... and he did.

"Actually, I would be down." Felix looked at me expectantly. "It would be hilarious, if I didn't even announce it and you'd just completely take over."

"No way." I mumbled. "Your fans wouldn't be happy about it. And my fans are not interested in that type of content... I think."

"Corpse would be happy about it." I almost chocked. 

"Why do you say that?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

Marzia glanced at both me and Felix as she munched on her dinner.

"Yeah, he seemed pretty interested in you."

"Is that so?" Marzia giggled. " Isn't that the cool guy with the deep voice? The one friend's with Sean and Dave?"

"Yeah, they two got along pretty well." Felix was mostly trying to poke a reaction out of me so I just ignored him and change the subject to a book that Marzia has lent me. However, I could still feel is gaze on me.

"You'll do the stream. Right?" Felix insisted, ignoring my attempts.

"I'll think about it." I quickly stated before definitely changing the subject.

AN: I just know Pewds would poke the shit our of her. Idk, tell me what you think. Hope you're enjoying this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383K 8.5K 32
"HAHA FUCK YOU" she yelled as she's just won the game best friends? no sorry your honour she has a crush on this man. 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦...
20.7K 527 24
[DISCONTINUED & EDITED] in which after a global star crashes and burns, she seeks refuge with her family, and plays among us to quicken her quarantin...
72.6K 1.7K 29
"What a simp." "I swear to God, Jack. I will fly to Brighton to kick your ass." Social Media and Real Life fanfic Started: 13/01/21 (Day/Month/Yea...
81K 1.7K 31
In which, Corpse Husband texts the wrong number expecting it to be his best friends girlfriend. Turns out it's a stranger that he falls in loves wi...